Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Apparently IMPACT aired without commentary last night in Canada.

Just came in to ask about this - I caught some of the feed on /wooo (the Fight Network stream) and there was no commentary, just crowd noise. Seemed they sent FN the wrong tape, hahaha

Great White Hope posted:

I've always wondered what a show like Impact would be like without commentary.

Unsettling to begin with, but actually not bad at all. I kind of wish more wrestling was available with crowd noise but without commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Apparently IMPACT aired without commentary last night in Canada.

Bard Maddox posted:

my favorite bit in this week's Observer is that a station in India is airing a wrestling show focused around one person (like the fabled SmackDown cuts around Khali) except it's TNA and the show will be focused on Khoya, who will almost certainly never be used on Impact

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jim Cornette said on his podcast that one of his friends who works in the TNA office and is named Mike was accidentally sent a copy of TNA's financials in an Excel spreadsheet meant for a Mike who's the head of their merchandising.

TNA vs Email is the greatest feud since Orton vs Tables.

I'm so happy this company made it to 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

Please tell me someone is going to upload a recording of this.

I've always wondered what a show like Impact would be like without commentary.

On a lot of broadcasts now, if you have surround sound or a soundbar, mute your center channel. In a lot of cases, that will kill the PBP/color audio and leave the crowd and event channels open. It's pretty cool.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

super macho dude posted:

TNA Discussion for June is Which is the Best Smashing Pumpkins Song

fyi its 1979

I'm going with Cherub Rock, especially a version without vocals.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So if TNA just decided to communicate via cup on string, would they still be able to send important poo poo to the wrong people?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Testekill posted:

So if TNA just decided to communicate via cup on string, would they still be able to send important poo poo to the wrong people?

They would find a way.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Someone accidentally ties the string to every cup in the arena

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Why isn't this working?! loving IWC!" screamed Bob Ryder, frantically trying to thread a piece of string through a coffee mug

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Question: how did Dixie Carter go from in interviews saying she really wasn't that much of a wrestling fan to promoting shows in college?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

coconono posted:

Question: how did Dixie Carter go from in interviews saying she really wasn't that much of a wrestling fan to promoting shows in college?

Corgan actually has an answer for this, it's "haw you got worked mark"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH at 8pm: 161,000
TNA at 9pm: 330,000
ROH at 11pm: 138,000

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Probably doesn't bode too well for either company's future on the station.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
DA is paying next to nothing to play ROH's already-taped shows, I'm not sure if there's a nonzero number low enough to be disappointing

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ROH's number went up and TNA is cancelled anyway so

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i don't give a poo poo i liked the beginning is the end is the beginning and it's a fitting song for the death of TNA soundtrack

Delivered from the blast
The last of a line of lasts
The pale princess of a palace cracked
And now the kingdom comes
Crashing down undone
And I am a master of a nothing place
Of recoil and grace

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i don't give a poo poo i liked the beginning is the end is the beginning and it's a fitting song for the death of TNA soundtrack

Delivered from the blast
The last of a line of lasts
The pale princess of a palace cracked
And now the kingdom comes
Crashing down undone
And I am a master of a nothing place
Of recoil and grace

My favorite part of the Watchmen movie trailer

My favorite part of the Watchmen movie

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

DynamiteKidd posted:

DA is paying next to nothing to play ROH's already-taped shows, I'm not sure if there's a nonzero number low enough to be disappointing

No, but nor is it anything special enough to necessarily make them want to commit to another wrestling company if they drop TNA

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jim Cornette said on his podcast that one of his friends who works in the TNA office and is named Mike was accidentally sent a copy of TNA's financials in an Excel spreadsheet meant for a Mike who's the head of their merchandising.

TNA vs Email is the greatest feud since Orton vs Tables.

And get THIS: They collated a tps report with the WRONG cover sheet

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Thauros posted:

No, but nor is it anything special enough to necessarily make them want to commit to another wrestling company if they drop TNA

The ratings are going up and they do not have to pay for it. Its win win for them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA has moved Angle/EC3 a match they've build for forever to an episode of Impact because they were worried TV tapings would give away the Slammiversary PPV result as due to a scheduling gently caress up they have tape post Slammiversary TV a few days before Slammiversary.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

rovert posted:

TNA has moved Angle/EC3 a match they've build for forever to an episode of Impact because they were worried TV tapings would give away the Slammiversary PPV result as due to a scheduling gently caress up they have tape post Slammiversary TV a few days before Slammiversary.

the one money match they had left is no longer being used to make money, incredible.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You're making GBS threads me.

They can't possibly be moving a potential money match (as much as I love to give TNA poo poo, they've done a good job building EC3/Angle) to free TV because of Destination America.

Just have Angle come out with the belt during the TV tapings and run an angle where EC3 beats him up and 'steals' the belt or something.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
So they just confirmed that Angle is dropping the belt

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

seriously, who buys TNA PPVs? They're at the buy level that they could put Dixie Carter reading a weekold newspaper and it wouldn't affect a thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DEAR RICHARD posted:

So they just confirmed that Angle is dropping the belt

You would think that but it is TNA.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

But just imagine the rating it'll pop on TV, this will be just the thing to stop their death spiral!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kurt accidentally gives the belt to someone else with the same name

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

seriously, who buys TNA PPVs? They're at the buy level that they could put Dixie Carter reading a weekold newspaper and it wouldn't affect a thing.

You point is to at least try to make Slammiversary successful.

v WWE replaced pushing PPV with something that they think will produce more money. If Destination America wants to cancel Impact, one episode isn't going to change that unless EC3/Angle does something like 600,000 TV viewers for the first showing, and if it doubles your TV audience they it would have made millions on PPV.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 12, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

WWE ppvs haven't been pushed as much either, not since the network hit. And that's a show that people actually watch

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this is a dumb company. please go away

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Great White Hope posted:

v WWE replaced pushing PPV with something that they think will produce more money. If Destination America wants to cancel Impact, one episode isn't going to change that unless EC3/Angle does something like 600,000 TV viewers for the first showing, and if it doubles your TV audience they it would have made millions on PPV.

That's true. I'm sure they're desperately trying to stay on the air, though, and if DA wants higher ratings then they have to try and get them. As small as the buy rate for TNA's PPV is now, imagine how they'd do if they didn't have a weekly show to remind people they exist.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm not going to Slammiversary if they're giving Angle/EC3 away on TV.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

You could go and chant the TV taping results. :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oh you'll go alright. You'll go and hold up a 'MELTZER WAS RIGHT' sign if you know what's good for you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tell them you got an email from Dixie inviting you to be there.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh you'll go alright. You'll go and hold up a 'MELTZER WAS RIGHT' sign if you know what's good for you

ROVERT KNEW [spoiler] TWO WEEKS AGO

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

by virtue of the fact that it was in TNA, angle/ec3 was never going to be a money match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Great White Hope posted:

HOW!?!? This company is allergic to doing all the things that would make a show successful. In fact, most of their successes have happened in spite of their attempts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TNA following the WCW playbook to the letter I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

HOW!?!? This company is allergic to doing all the things that would make a show successful. In fact, most of their successes have happened in spite of their attempts.

Sorry, I meant to type "The point" but I'm stupid and bad at using words.

A sane company (i.e. not this one) would put the match they've been building forever on their 'big' return to PPV to try and make money.

• Locked thread