Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
King of the Hill is my favorite anime.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

King of the Hill is my favorite anime.

It's up there.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I liked the episode where Hank was raped by a dolphin.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Dolphins are almost as bad as anime.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
As bad as Metal gear's story is, Kingdom hearts 3 is going to be worse.

Already stuff from 2.8 THE FINAL PROLOGUE has been leaked and none of it bothers to conclude poo poo that has already happened.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
I have never played a Kingdom Hearts. Summarize for me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pavlov posted:

You get teleported to disney worlds because big bad guy wants to eat the universe, then second game happens and your soul somehow gets fragments and makes new people(basically like how sponges reproduce) and now everybody has like3 or 4 versions of themselves walking around and you have to pull all the versions together, but since 3rd game was taking forever they included time travel, souls fragments emrging with other ones from different people, and nobody can ever give a cklear answer.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Pavlov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6MQaY89Z8

Full disclosure: I have not played a Kingdom Hearts game either.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Here's a good summary of Kingdom Hearts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxQ61b-gOo

Keep in mind this only covers half of one game but be assured it's pretty much the same as everything else.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Jibo posted:

Keep in mind this only covers half of one game but be assured it's pretty much the same as everything else.

So I'm guessing the game would be a lot shorter if someone had remembered to bring a flashlight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Pavlov posted:

imagine what your stools would look like if you could literally consume tons of Disney movies and generic anime

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Serious summary:

KH1: A mad scientist experiments on the darkness in people, makes the darkness manifest in a bunch of animes and disneys, literal children are tasked to kill these manifestations and ultimately the manifestation of darkness from the mad scientist.

KH2: It turns out that mad scientist was actually a good scientist and some grampa stole his name and work and that's who you fought in the first game. You then find out that after people are turned to darkness or whatever, they leave an equally dickish husk behind. Literal children then kill the husks of animes and disneys and the mad scientist.

KH3: It turns out that killing both the manifestation of darkness and the husk brings back the original person. Presumably children are again employed to kill the actual mad scientist grampa.

There's some other bullshit about heart and friendship and card games and spacehsips made of gelatin but that's not important.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It sounds like a bad video game series.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jibo posted:

This is why Kingdom Hearts confuses me so much. It just seems like some dumb JRPG crap and then suddenly a Disney character pops up and its like, what are you doing here? You don't mesh with this at all. I've never been able to understand why that appeals to so many people.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

This is why Kingdom Hearts confuses me so much. It just seems like some dumb JRPG crap and then suddenly a Disney character pops up and its like, what are you doing here? You don't mesh with this at all. I've never been able to understand why that appeals to so many people.

Manchildren.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ekster posted:

It sounds like a bad video game series.

get the HD remakes 1, 2, and Birth by Sleep were good games and the bad games are just reduced to cutscenes.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I dislike many things. For example, that thing you love? I don't particularly care for it.

Anyway, is that Dropsy the Clown game any good? I liked that guy's threads.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you like games in the style of monkey island it is very good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please cease these Undertale and Dropsy derails and get back to the bad games discussion thank you

Kingdom Hearts sounds like an extremely dark and gritty series for mature gamers, and not babies

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Eonwe posted:

if you like games in the style of monkey island it is very good

Sweet, I like those games so much I was suckered into giving Ron Gilbert money for his Maniac Mansion-alike.

I didn't drop any money on Broken Age, though. I don't know now how I dodged that bullet only to jump in front of another.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anoia posted:

I dislike many things. For example, that thing you love? I don't particularly care for it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
is that the new Slalor Moon?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Typical Pubbie posted:

What if I told you that Japan isn't the only country that mastered the Magical Girl genre?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
this is the thread for the elder scroll series and fall out series

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Typical Pubbie posted:

THE FACE ISNT NEARLY BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH FOR THAT TO BE SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
My brothers, I tell you that Tsunderes exist in other lands I have seen them with my own two eyes! They are not just native to the glorious nippon.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

THE FACE ISNT NEARLY BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH FOR THAT TO BE SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL.

Also it's too well animated to be sailor moon crystal :iceburn:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

lol your av owns

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Hey those games are perfectly good once you've manually customized all aspects to be different from how they were.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Hey those games are perfectly good once you've manually customized all aspects to be different from how they were.

It's the Linux of gaming.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Oh wise and gracious thread, please tell me: What is the Linux of Anime?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Pavlov posted:

The English Crayon Shin Chan where the dub nothing to do with what's going on in the show

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

shin chan dub owned, that ghost stories dub owned, samurai pizza cats dub owned

more non 4 kids anime dub companies should through the original scripts out the window

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pavlov posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Wars!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Too much T&A. When has Linux ever gotten anyone T&A?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If I said FFXIV was a bad game how long do you think it would take before the usual defenders came to say it's the best MMO out there/ever?

• Locked thread