Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

Moridin920 posted:

Afaik that road leads away from a First Nation's spot so isn't it just First Nations people being mad at the government for not helping them out more? Would make sense to me idk.

Given that all the police really have to do is set up a sting where they have a fake hitchhiker girl cop trying to hitchhike down the road it seems like a valid complaint.

There was a documentary on this in the serial killer thread last month. I'd never heard about the highway of tears, so my first reaction was basically just stop hitchhiking.Then I saw the doc and you're right, it is mostly first nation women who are going missing. The highway is long one and these girls are from communities without access to cars or public transportation, someone else said hitchhike or starve and that is the case. I thought about why aren't they planting a fake hitchhiker girl too, then I realised they might well be, but they sure as gently caress wouldn't tell anyone, would they? Or they could go the other way, just say they planted a few fakes in order to scare off futher attacks? I dunno. Otherwise drones could be pretty useful I guess. The doc estimated the total victim count as being near 100, and then the fk the police crowd seem pretty justified as thats pretty horrendous. Some scary poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Somebody reported this post., reason "thread making GBS threads"

I'm like, seriously?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imo remove report functionality in GBS