Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Baylor opened as 7-point favorites against OU this morning, and the line is already down to Baylor -4.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pook Good Mook posted:

I unironically feel that if Desmond King were on an SEC team and putting up the numbers he's putting up he'd be a national name.

That's pretty hard for a corner unless they get in on offense (which I am not opposed to trying!) or are great returners (he's just a pretty good one). He still has a pretty good shot at being an All American.

Sadly the same is probably not true for Blythe or Walsh, because it's hard to get post season recognition as a lineman unless you have a lot of pub going into the year and neither really did. Blythe had always been a solid but not spectacular center and Walsh was arguably he weak point of last year's line

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Utah back in the top 10 :toot:

according to the Correct Poll, at least

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ACoolT5 posted:

Sounds like a bunch of individual incidents lead to this. But if you're the President of a University part of the job is figurehead, so I suppose you can't really be surprised if people concentrate blame in your direction.

Bama fan unconcerned with evidence of systemic racism on a college campus, news at 10.

Don't want to derail -- last post I'll make on the topic.

On football news - ND seemingly has a much better loss than Bama, should be the highest one loss team.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Should this Mizzou stuff have its own thread?

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
Art Briles has to put more emphasis on defense if he wants his team in the playoffs. He uses the same formula as when he was in cusa except he has better recruits. Please let me know if you guys want any other controversial opinions.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Petey posted:

Should this Mizzou stuff have its own thread?

Yeah, probably. Threads are good.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bushes posted:

Art Briles has to put more emphasis on defense if he wants his team in the playoffs. He uses the same formula as when he was in cusa except he has better recruits. Please let me know if you guys want any other controversial opinions.

Well -- he had a plan to shore up his DL, but that plan raped someone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

Well -- he had a plan to shore up his DL, but that plan raped someone.
First Tevin Elliot then Ukwuachu. Not very impressive individuals.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Bip Roberts posted:

Yeah, probably. Threads are good.

Ok, made one here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750723

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

R.D. Mangles posted:

wildcats, bitch

I know, but it's kinda like dating your ex's sister. While the experience is mostly fun and enjoyable, you will frequently run into your ex, and it will always be awkward and painful.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

mayodreams posted:

I know, but it's kinda like dating your ex's sister. While the experience is mostly fun and enjoyable, you will frequently run into your ex, and it will always be awkward and painful.
My Mom's best friend from college married her sister's ex-husband (her ex brother in law). No clue how that works at reunions.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I made a list of things I want to have happen

Week 11:
NC State over Florida State
Mississippi State over Alabama
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Michigan State over Ohio State
Oklahoma over TCU
Baylor over Oklahoma State
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Florida State over Florida
Oklahoma over Oklahoma State
Stanford over Notre Dame

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
What a horrifying fandom it must be to exist in where this list doesn't include, say, a single win by the team that you cheer for.

Thoguh posted:

Week 11:
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Oklahoma over TCU
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Stanford over Notre Dame

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

C2C - 2.0 posted:

What a horrifying fandom it must be to exist in where this list doesn't include, say, a single win by the team that you cheer for.

That's assumed. Those are all games with playoff/New Year's Bowl implications.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Week 11:
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Oklahoma over TCU
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Stanford over Notre Dame

Houston would have to beat Navy in Week 13 for maximum AAC chaos.

But we're going to beat Memphis anyway sooo

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

Week 11:
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Oklahoma over TCU
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Stanford over Notre Dame

Why do you want Oklahoma in the Playoffs?

From what I can tell, that would give us:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. North Carolina
5. Mississippi State
6. Navy/Houston/Memphis

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Why do you want Oklahoma in the Playoffs?

From what I can tell, that would give us:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. North Carolina
5. Mississippi State
6. Navy/Houston/Memphis

Everyone should want Oklahoma in the playoffs, its just human nature.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm finally conscious again. It was only a matter of time before our luck ran out, but drat it still sucks to see TCU finally lose a game this year. The injuries this year have absolutely been insane, and losing Doctson yesterday was just the icing on the poo poo cake.

That said, the fact that Baylor and OU have to go to Stillwater means that OK State far and away has the easiest road to the playoff. They played absolutely out of their minds yesterday, and if that keeps up it's going to make for some very intense games.

VV E: Yeah, that's true. Battle of the Okies!

Chieves fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 9, 2015

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Chieves posted:

That said, the fact that Baylor and OU have to go to Stillwater means that OK State far and away has the easiest road to the playoff. They played absolutely out of their minds yesterday, and if that keeps up it's going to make for some very intense games.

The one thing in OU's favor is home field doesn't mean a whole lot in the Bedlam game. That would make a really fun de facto Big XII Championship.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Quandary posted:

Everyone should want Oklahoma in the playoffs, its just human nature.

The dream is so close to fruition.

Garbage, god-awful Texas team ruins OU's chance at the playoff.

Please Xort, make it so.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

The dream is so close to fruition.

Garbage, god-awful Texas team ruins OU's chance at the playoff.

Please Xort, make it so.

Even if they somehow got in, that losing to Texas was enough to consider leaving them out would be pretty funny.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Kyle Flood is a crazy person and gave a rambling insane answer about John Harbaugh (who is not the same person as Jim last I checked) being victimized by a trick play in a playoff game last year (in the NFL, which I believe has nothing to do with Rutgers or Michigan) in response to his new ~feud~ with Jim Harbaugh.

As much as I love making GBS threads on Rutgers, I hope they fire his idiot and get a real coach soon.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

It's that or repeat of 2011 with ISU beating the Cowboys who win out. Loss to ISU means no championship shot.
Both outcomes would be hilarious.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Nick Saban's record vs. SEC (while at LSU): 28-12
Nick Saban's record vs. SEC (while at Bama): 59-12

:stare:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Thoguh posted:

Week 11:
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Oklahoma over TCU
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Stanford over Notre Dame

For maximum Xort you should be hoping Ohio State beats Sparty and then loses at Michigan.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Thoguh posted:

Week 11:
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Oklahoma over TCU
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Stanford over Notre Dame

It should be Michigan State over Ohio State and Ohio State over Michigan. Are you trying to make Michigan fans happy and smug?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Neodoomium posted:

For maximum Xort you should be hoping Ohio State beats Sparty and then loses at Michigan.

Beats Sparty, loses to Michigan, loses again in the Big Ten Championship game to... Iowa?

Which might be enough to get Iowa into the playoffs.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Mahoning posted:

Let's reserve judgement until they play a team with a pulse.

This should never be the response to a season like Coleman is having, it's dumb. If it's so easy to do this against lovely teams, more players would do it.

It's fine to judge single game stuff based on who is being played but you can't just wipe away 8 games by going "meh, nobody good". Plenty of good players have amazing years and playing lovely teams is always part of the deal if not a big part.

Corey Coleman's season isn't amazing, it's absurd.

58 catches
1178 yards
20 TDs
20.3 YPC
147.3 YPG

IN EIGHT GAMES. It's goddamn ridiculous.

I expect it to come down a bit but losing a phenomenal QB will do that. If Russell was healthy I have no idea where Coleman's season would end. As it is his YPG is 6th all-time for a season and even just 600 total yards more puts him around top 5 and he only needs 8 TDs to take the record.

Coleman should absolutely be in New York, this is a phenomenal season. Provided he doesn't totally collapse down the stretch it's a top 5 all-time season for a WR and likely a top 3 or so for a P5 team(WR records are owned hard by G5 schools).

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Week 11:
Memphis over Houston
Minnesota over Iowa
Oklahoma over Baylor
Oregon over Stanford

Week 12:
Memphis over Temple
Oklahoma over TCU
Ole Miss over LSU
UCLA over Utah

Week 13:
Michigan over Ohio State
Stanford over Notre Dame

Also add Cal over Stanford, Oregon winning out, and Washington State winning out for a 3 way split of the Pac-12 North.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan winning the Big Ten East isn't Xort at all, what the hell are you on?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I hope all your teams lose forever. The End.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

Which might be enough to get Iowa into the playoffs.

Yes, whatever this is, let's do this.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If we're doing wish lists, Arkansas winning out combined with Bama losses to Miss State and Auburn will put the Hogs in the SECCG :getin:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

kittenmittons posted:

Michigan winning the Big Ten East isn't Xort at all, what the hell are you on?

Ohio State losing out in the most agonizing way is absolutely what both Xort and its earthly vessel, Kent State, are all about

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

This should never be the response to a season like Coleman is having, it's dumb. If it's so easy to do this against lovely teams, more players would do it.

It's fine to judge single game stuff based on who is being played but you can't just wipe away 8 games by going "meh, nobody good". Plenty of good players have amazing years and playing lovely teams is always part of the deal if not a big part.

58 catches
1178 yards
20 TDs
20.3 YPC
147.3 YPG

I expect it to come down a bit but losing a phenomenal QB will do that. If Russell was healthy I have no idea where Coleman's season would end. As it is his YPG is 6th all-time for a season and even just 600 total yards more puts him around top 5 and he only needs 8 TDs to take the record.

Coleman should absolutely be in New York, this is a phenomenal season. Provided he doesn't totally collapse down the stretch it's a top 5 all-time season for a WR and likely a top 3 or so for a P5 team(WR records are owned hard by G5 schools).

The Heisman trophy almost never goes to the guy with the gaudiest numbers, specifically because they were usually put up against Very Bad Teams.

There's a reason that Colt Brennan didn't win any Heisman trophies.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Ohio State losing out in the most agonizing way is absolutely what both Xort and its earthly vessel, Kent State, are all about

Uh no, pretty sure someone like Indiana winning the division would be a work of Xort. Not one recently down powerhouse winning the division over a recently dominant powerhouse.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

58 catches
1178 yards
20 TDs
20.3 YPC
147.3 YPG

Also worth noting: I like Seth Russell a lot, but I don't think he was a phenomenal QB and I definitely don't think he's a phenomenal pure passer. His greatest assets were having the mobility to give BU's offense too many weapons for almost anybody to defend at any given moment and being able to complete throws to Corey Coleman. Jarrett Stidham still has at least one of those assets.

Also - it's the entire Mizzou football team that's going on strike, correct? Not just the African American or other minority players? Because that, and Pinkel supporting the strike, is kind of loving rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

chaoslord posted:

If we're doing wish lists, Arkansas winning out combined with Bama losses to Miss State and Auburn will put the Hogs in the SECCG :getin:

I like that plan. Let's do that.

• Locked thread