Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So then why were you complaining?

Because I didn't feel the deadline change was necessary. While I personally think Ernie is town and it would be a bad lynch, I also realize that a lynch does need to happen and information can be gained from late votes and the flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

No offense, but this is a garbage way to play. In my mind, it means you either won't put your vote down until the final moments of the day when you can just say "Well, we need to get a lynch done" or you will ignore other cases because you've already voted for someone.

My spiritual vote is on Ernie.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Too many people are basing their cases on meta so far. I can understand like bringing it up bc you noticed something or other, but casing or voting someone entirely on meta is terrible.

I'm guilty of this but I need to read everything once my head isn't killing me before I can form any real opinions. though I'm not voting based on my meta reads anyway

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

My spiritual vote is on Ernie.

Then I don't understand why you aren't making it a literal vote right now since Ernie is at -1. You think he's scum, but you aren't voting him when you could hammer him. It doesn't make me feel good about you because it seems you lack conviction.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ok I see what you're saying but I kind of disagree about late votes. Yes, scum can pile on at the last minute to get a townie lynched, but also town who show up near deadline and are like poo poo I don't wanna nl would jump on too. Plus, wouldn't scum kind of want a no lynch this early in the game? What you're saying is very speculative.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Then I don't understand why you aren't making it a literal vote right now since Ernie is at -1. You think he's scum, but you aren't voting him when you could hammer him. It doesn't make me feel good about you because it seems you lack conviction.

Wait never mind, I miscounted the votes. For some reason I thought that we only needed 6 to lynch when we need 8.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ok I see what you're saying but I kind of disagree about late votes. Yes, scum can pile on at the last minute to get a townie lynched, but also town who show up near deadline and are like poo poo I don't wanna nl would jump on too. Plus, wouldn't scum kind of want a no lynch this early in the game? What you're saying is very speculative.

No, scum would always want a lynch. A no lynch is worse for scum than it is for town.

Sure town doesn't get info from a no lynch, but it also puts scum a 1/2 day away from winning.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Wait never mind, I miscounted the votes. For some reason I thought that we only needed 6 to lynch when we need 8.

This is also why I was irritated at the deadline change. I thought we were closer to a lynch than we actually were at the time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

*Rubs his shoulders looking down awkwardly at the ground*

Well, jeez, uh, thanks mmt, you are really a ok for.. a girl.

*Blushes*

I hope you're town :glomp:

But right now you kind of seem like you're not - any new reads since your PMom OMGUS?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

I hope you're town :glomp:

But right now you kind of seem like you're not - any new reads since your PMom OMGUS?

I am having a problem because I don't want to drop my character but I am having writers block every time I sit down and try to tap something out so I end up not posting. :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
are you pro-ernie or anti-ernie

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I didn't think we were that close.

I'll hammer Ernie but who knows he may claim a highly provable town role if I vote earlier so I'm not doing that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Ernie. posted:

i haven't seen keane push his 'i'm a cop' thing this far before without it turning to be true

but for some reason i don't feel like he's town this game and the line about nothing to lose rubs me the wrong way

Max posted:

I should have quoted this when I did that.

Max - what about what Ernie posted there is scummy? It read more like "person trying to solve puzzle" and less like "person trying to fake opinion" to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Keane is just loving around. Taking it seriously in any way reads disingenuous to me, or someone who is actively looking for a breadcrumb.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

Max - what about what Ernie posted there is scummy? It read more like "person trying to solve puzzle" and less like "person trying to fake opinion" to me.

It doesn't seem like there is much of a puzzle to solve really. pretty obvious that keane isn't serious. I think ernie read too much into it rather than being scum though

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Don't defend me.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm defending ernie, not you?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The question was directed at me.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lol. Do you feel that I am stealing your spotlight by weighing in during a discussion about why someone playing a game where players discuss things might have said something incriminating? Why are you defensive about possibly being defended by someone that doesn't even agree with you? I'm neutral on TMM but I don't think ernie is scum based on some strange d1 behavior.

That right there is some strange behavior on your part, though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shrugging in real life.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i was out watching hit movie 'arrival', it was good, you should all watch it

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

tmm is not scum, painting himself into way too narrow of a corner when he could just shrug and let the cuddle happen is just nonsensical - most effort anyone's putting in right now

moritz is not scum, again, I thought I saw something I didn't

asiina might be scum. she's really going out of her way to 'not get it', looks almost as if she's happy she's found a 'safe' opinion to hide behind on d1

dongs might be scum, i specifically called him out to point out the casing inconsistencies on me and he chose to post about how he won't effort post

cckeane probably not scum, i don't feel like he's particularly interested in surviving for long with his little cop schtick, which scum should care about

anonnarc strikes me as townie, she won't let people be logically inconsistent, which would be too much effort today and wastes a lot of casing tomorrow if she has the foresight of knowing my flip,

tremta is town because he's effort-posting. if he's scum he'd just not try to latch on to any opinion,

pmom is town, that's just their playstyle,

somberbrero might be scum, i dunno, hard to tell on d1 with somb. but i feel like the hesitation is more of a townie thing with him. scum somber would have set himself up better than floating a singular option (especially with the line about me dipping)

max still thinks i called him scum, which is just bizarre,

dick bastardly is likely town especially with his real annoyance at how i've played

of all the players in this thread, i currently like 'this is a stickup' the most. are they new?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

all in all ##vote asiina

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man dropping a vote on the person who's going to hammer you is a serious 3d chess move

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

this post bugs me the most. ernie is all "when o catiline do you mean to cease abusing our patience" and it's like dogg you haven't even played mafia in a while.

felt like responding to this specifically: i still read games every few weeks to see if i'd like to come back!

Pinterest Mom posted:

man dropping a vote on the person who's going to hammer you is a serious 3d chess move

she's not going to hammer me. well, maybe not before i made this post. scumasiina would really rather not have tmm argue with her for the rest of the game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

read the post above and tell me if that's a scum ernie post. drawing that many plain connections between me and other players.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

she's not going to hammer me. well, maybe not before i made this post. scumasiina would really rather not have tmm argue with her for the rest of the game.

what does this even mean

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote
##vote moritz

look at their vote on ernest. bad bad bad

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote

Okay Ernie just made a post that doesn't made me go 'wtf am I reading" so he's good in my eyes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i feel like the last two posts should go in opposite orders

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ernie. posted:

dick bastardly is likely town especially with his real annoyance at how i've played

of all the players in this thread, i currently like 'this is a stickup' the most. are they new?

hello there erniefriend, I haven't played mafia in many years and never on SA so yeah you can count me as new. also I agree with what you've said here.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##unvote
##vote moritz

look at their vote on ernest. bad bad bad

Tired Moritz posted:

##unvote

Okay Ernie just made a post that doesn't made me go 'wtf am I reading" so he's good in my eyes.

see, this right here is exactly what I was talking about. these posts are only 5 minutes apart. literally as soon as someone called TM out for a vote, he immediately unvotes for a seriously vague reason. this is the same TM I was in a scumdoc with during cat lady mafia.

##vote tired moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just got back from the gym and quickly run through the posts, not my fault Fisk decides to think im suspicious before I can unvote.

I don't care if you think my time posting is suspicious, or my posts are bad and all. All I know is my gut is telling me that Ernie is good. I might be wrong, I'm quite bad at scum hunting but that's my current stance.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I agree with you about ernie, and I'm sorry in advance if I'm reading you wrong because I like you and enjoyed being scum with you last game, but it seems too similar for me to ignore at this point.

I'm not at all super convinced and my vote is definitely not set in stone here, so there is a good chance when I reread I'll find something else to sway me

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

This is not at all what my argument was.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

This is not at all what my argument was.

If that's the case, you can basically ignore why I questioned you because I assumed you were considering ernie scummy too. my bad.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
reverse that, I assumed you were defending yourself because ernie considered you scummy.

I've had a consierable amount of whiskey over the last hout

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I hope any of that makes sense, i'm gonna go pass out now

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie literally said he thought I was town, I'm not that dumb and can read. The issue TMM and one I had in my head is that I didn't get how he could figure a town read from my post.

The bigger issue was calling my whole 2 posts as "hopping all over the place" which is a big mischaracterization and he continues to not answer why he wrote that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

Ernie literally said he thought I was town, I'm not that dumb and can read. The issue TMM and one I had in my head is that I didn't get how he could figure a town read from my post.

The bigger issue was calling my whole 2 posts as "hopping all over the place" which is a big mischaracterization and he continues to not answer why he wrote that.

It's because you're still ignoring the spirit of what I said. You're missing the forest for the trees.

In my head at some point I had you down as 'preoccupied with where his vote is', and when you voted me it became 'well, really preoccupied with where his vote is, won't even write a case, really hates joke phase'.

I guess I didn't think your TMM vote was very natural or that you were particularly able to engage with joke phase with the first vote? I don't know what I thought at that point.

But what I do know is that your vote doesn't and shouldn't make sense. Even if you think I got a fact wrong, it's really confusing to me that you attribute that to a scum mentality than a town mentality. There's a break in logic there to me where you're thinking logical inconsistency = scum, without seeing if it even has any functional effect at all.

• Locked thread