Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, I gave 10 dollars to the kickstarter, so the 15 thousand death threats I have sent are justifiable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hello I'd like to tell you about my indie game Dragon or as we in the dev team like to call it, dʒręgɛn (just a little in joke between us, heh)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"You know what's soooo hot right now? Weed smoking."

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my grandmother was a first gen chinese immigrant. she taught me how to program games the old fashioned way, with punch cards and pickled cabbage. this is for her.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

a hole-y ghost posted:

hello I'd like to tell you about my indie game Dragon or as we in the dev team like to call it, dʒręgɛn (just a little in joke between us, heh)

hey, I know IPA too bucko fucko :owned:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

at least the white dragon got the IPA wrong, that means hes not as insanely autistic as me.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
A flight sim set in alternate-history 1840 on jupiter, with crafting elements and an ingame link to a fan-made wiki.

A MMO-style top-down racing-RTS hybrid with compulsory AR sections requiring Google Glasses. Permadeath.

Zombie survival puzzle game with time-travelling gameplay elements that let you un-rot zombies back to life. This is a metaphor for something the developer made up on the spot. Crafting elements.

An open world cel-shaded 8-bit throwback to classic games like Dig Dug or Frogger, plays exactly like Patapon. The bulk of in-game items are hats and suspenders.

Solemn, minimalist adventure game featuring no sound or music except a steadily-increasing background static. Features not-suble television symbolism and metaphors for social degredation. Binary morality system.

Tower defense meets action RPG. Features two teams fighting in an arena. Teams try to destroy each other's "Primordial". RPS hails it "one of the most original and unique game ideas around". Permadeath.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is going to be a game where you can only jump across different platforms in one direction, but actually it's a metaphor for depression. Also, it's going to be black and white.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a hole-y ghost posted:

at least the white dragon got the IPA wrong, that means hes not as insanely autistic as me.

i got it right, it's how you would say it in hawaiian creole english :v:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
you're a security guard

there are jump scares

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

i got it right, it's how you would say it in hawaiian creole english :v:
Okay, that's pretty different from how I say it, which sounds exactly like pee pee doo doo being dribbled out of a drooling mouth.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It will play exactly like a popular game created thirty years ago, but we're going to give it more ~soul~.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
its like doom only you have no guns and the monster usually wins

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

its like doom only you have no guns and the monster usually wins

didn't they already do this at the end of wolfenstein spear of destiny

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Pong but with dreamwave music

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Flappy Turd

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm making a game about the struggle of a transgendered person/gay person/furry otherkin and will have a social media loving shitstorm if anyone critiques any single part of it

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
i want to make a game called fez

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't want to make a game called Fez 2.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
people are gonna suck my cock when it comes out. mayhap even choke

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

*offers an asset creator a paltry sum or a profit split of their game that won't sell for all the hard work done*

"It'll be great work experience!"

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Hi I'm totally not the game dev, I'm just some guy who decided to donate $6k to the kickstarter at the last minute to get it to the $10k goal because I really believe in this project.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
My game is about zombies. Also it is a platformer. The art looks like poo poo but that is the intended aesthetic. Also there is no storyline other than this badly written paragraph i pulled out of my rear end. Please buy on steam!!!!

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Has anyone said 'Souls inspired combat' yet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Imagine a cross of Sonic and Great Gatsby...

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I did nothing else with my life except playing video games so I should be very good at making one

*buys expensive engine for 2D platformer that could be realized with learning just a little bit about OpenGL, copy&pastes code examples haphazardly from all over the internet*

As an experienced programmer, I

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

*has no skills or talents whatsoever*

I will be the leader of our group, I'll make sure everyone's doing their job and manage the project

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Noyemi K posted:

*has no skills or talents whatsoever*

I will be the leader of our group, I'll make sure everyone's doing their job and manage the project

this is actually a good place for people with no skills

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
yeah a good project manager is worth their weight in bitcoins

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Bitcoins don't weigh anything so would they be worth infinite bitcoin?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

besides you don't want the best programmer or artist or writer or whatever having to split time between herding everyone together and being productive

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Good project managers are invaluable but theyre extremely few and far between. Avg to bad ones just get in the way and decrease everyone's efficiency and those types of PMs are extremely common. It's a pretty lovely problem...

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

this is actually a good place for people with no skills

Good project management is actually a skill

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Noyemi K posted:

Good project management is actually a skill

A good project manager will know when to throw someone under the bus, and the best moment to take credit for someone else's work.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

*offers an asset creator a paltry sum or a profit split of their game that won't sell for all the hard work done*

"It'll be great work experience!"

That sounds like a real resume builder! :downs:

edit: Whatever happened to that E/N fighting game that was based on the E/N comics thread? I can't find either.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

edit: Whatever happened to that E/N fighting game that was based on the E/N comics thread? I can't find either.

imagine three goon projects, on the edge of a cliff..

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

We also had one that was based off of the MST3K episodes...or is it the same thing???

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
*prostitutes oneself to raise money*

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

fwiw i backed la mulana 2 and i get constant updates about new assets, as well as all the different instant curry the staff are eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
I've written a page and a half of lore for this game, am I qualified to be the project manager?

• Locked thread