Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

CannonFodder posted:

I'm wise to the ways of TV Tropes, and managed to get out by clicking a link to Wired that involved fixing a Wii remote by smacking it. The important thing to remember is that, in Firefox at least, when you click to an outside link the tab just changes to the new page and does not create a new page/tab, so when I'm done reading the outside page there's no more TV Tropes to suck me back in.

Except if you are one who compulsively opens new tabs...runs can go up to 200+ tabs open at once...which then freezes the computer and boots me out of my addiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008
Weeee! 100 pages of total awesomeness and win... and the first game isn't even done yet! *raises can of brisk* here's to another 100 fun filled pages.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
God help me I just read this entire thread in a week. Spirit Armor, quality work all around.

And it needs to be said:

Kohran posted:

Ceiling Kohran is watchin' ya master bai-

Is the single funniest thing Kohran has said. Ever.

Narev
Oct 9, 2005

Something about FIR3 makes me wanna DANCE!

Schadenfraulein posted:

Chronologically, the first OAV series comes first, then the TV series, the second OAV series, and the movie. My favorites are the TV series and the second set of OAVs. The TV series is a reprise of the first game, but the endings are different enough that you won't spoil yourself. Iris also behaves differently in the TV series. You'll see.

Ohgami features in the TV series and the second OAV series. He makes brief appearances in the first OAV series and the movie. His seiyuu is Suyama Akio (Hatsuharu from Fruits Basket). Suyama's nickname seems to be Suu-kun.

I feel like I was lucky to get it all for that price. The outside of the movie case looks like someone took a katana to it, and it's not the same shape as most DVD cases so I can't really replace it. The disc is immaculate though, and what do you want for a buck?

In the OVA collection there's no inside packaging, just the discs. But reading the Edges, the first just says "Sakura Wars", the second is "SW: Return of the Spirit Warriors" and the third is "SW: Wedding Bells"

So I should watch:
SW OVA
SW TV
Return of the Spirit Warriors
SW: The Movie
Then Wedding Bells?(Third OVA disc)

I presume all the voting is over, but since I go to sleep at night dreaming about snuggling up to Maria, throw a vote her way if it isn't too late.

Russian Speakers: What did Maria say in Russian at the end of her Hot springs supa love love attack spectacular?

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Narev posted:

So I should watch:
SW OVA
SW TV
Return of the Spirit Warriors
SW: The Movie
Then Wedding Bells?(Third OVA disc)

I presume all the voting is over, but since I go to sleep at night dreaming about snuggling up to Maria, throw a vote her way if it isn't too late.

Russian Speakers: What did Maria say in Russian at the end of her Hot springs supa love love attack spectacular?

I'd recommend Return of the Spirit Warriors and then Wedding Bells and then the movie, personally.

RotSW and WB are actually part of the same OVA series (2nd) and go along with the second game while the movie takes place in between the third and fourth games (or, after the third and fourth OVA's Ecole de Paris and Le Nouveau Paris which follow the third game and a bit after.) There's also a nod to the movie in the last episode of the third OVA, blink and you'll miss it :x

She says "Za vashe", if I remember correctly, is a shorter form of "Za vashe zdorovye" and comes up something like "To you" or "To your health."

Cheers. :downs:

little_firebird fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 31, 2009

Narev
Oct 9, 2005

Hmm, so I have some more OVAs to pick up then? What I got just says OVA Collection on the outside with Sakura on the front and a purple label. Or we could just kidnap Spirit Armor and torture him until he finishes translating all the games...

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

Narev posted:

Hmm, so I have some more OVAs to pick up then? What I got just says OVA Collection on the outside with Sakura on the front and a purple label. Or we could just kidnap Spirit Armor and torture him until he finishes translating all the games...

The OAV Collection contains both Ouka Kenran (e.g., Sakura Wars) and Gouka Kenran (e.g., Return of the Spirit Warriors and Wedding Bells). One other OAV concerns the Teito Hanagumi: Sakura Taisen: Sumire. Save this one for last because it commemorates Sumire's retirement from the Hanagumi (necessitated by Tomizawa Michie's retirement from voice acting) and is kind of a huge downer.

Then there are three Sakura Taisen OAV series that are based on Sakura Taisen 3 and Sakura Taisen V. Aside from the major plot points and such, which should certainly be spoiler tagged, should mere mentions of characters from the later games be tagged as well? Because I'm assuming that Spirit Armor will get around to them eventually. :allears:

Schadenfraulein fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 1, 2009

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Oh god I just got caught up with this thread, I stared on Saturday and well... its been epic all I can say is :wtc: JAPAN :doom:!!!!!

Of course now that I'm done with the archive binge I'll probably have to go watch the rest of the amine to stave off the withdrawal symptoms.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Narev posted:

Spirit Armor is dead.

May his noble soul rest in peace.

I really hope I didn't call it right. Come back, Spirit Armor!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Spirit Armor is dead.

May his noble soul rest in peace.

I really hope I didn't call it right. Come back, Spirit Armor!

The soluton is of course, for littlefirebird to get started again...

Narev
Oct 9, 2005

If this thread got me hooked on a series of games I'll never be able to play and then the dude disappears I'm taking a rifle to the clock tower. Isn't this thread like 2 years old anyway? I'm not caught up to the thread and don't want to spoil anything. When was his last real update? Please don't say like Feb 3...

Maybe somebody can make some kind of romhack for a PS2 emulator like they dad with a bunch of the old Final Fantasies! Should only be about a decade...

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Last update was 03-20 - two weeks ago. Don't call it dead yet, the update schedule on this thing is kind of erratic.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

drat, dude, is it that hard to click one page back and check the post date?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

ToxicFrog posted:

Last update was 03-20 - two weeks ago. Don't call it dead yet, the update schedule on this thing is kind of erratic.

Only two weeks? Wow, it feels like longer. Then again, this last week alone has felt like a month to me. Still, usually by now Spirit Armor has popped in to reassure us that he's not been eaten alive by angry fish or something.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
Feeling which, Canuck can turn up and scare Spirit Armor to come back and calm all of us

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Sorry to disappoint, guys, but it's not like every time I post there's :nws: and :nms: images hidden behind every emoticon.

It's like you're all :tinfoil: paranoid or something, just because it's happened once or twice.

Seriously.:colbert:

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 4, 2009

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Canuck-Errant posted:

Sorry to disappoint, guys, but it's not like every time I post there's :nws: and :nms: images hidden behind every emoticon.

It's like you're all :tinfoil: paranoid or something, just because it's happened once or twice.

Okay, the first picture converted me to Maria.
The second one... is a combination of :quagmire: and :cry: Seriously dude, where do you find this stuff?

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

CommissarMega posted:

Okay, the first picture converted me to Maria.
The second one... is a combination of :quagmire: and :cry: Seriously dude, where do you find this stuff?
You probably mean the third and the fourth.

The first one (the one hidden behind the :nws:) is pretty cool too.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

lishan1988 posted:

Feeling which, Canuck can turn up and scare Spirit Armor to come back and calm all of us

Canuck-Errant posted:

In Canuck we trust!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Canuck-Errant posted:

The last one is...something else.
Wheres littlefirebird? We need her to complete the summoning!

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

You probably mean the third and the fourth.

The first one (the one hidden behind the :nws:) is pretty cool too.

No, bald Ogami is the worst thing.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

veekie posted:

Wheres littlefirebird? We need her to complete the summoning!

I’ve been crushed under mounds of schoolwork is where I’ve been. :saddowns: Anyway, it seems I’ve been reduced to speeding up the update process :sigh:

Oh well. :toot:

Oh…I might as well continue the little crossover series that seems to have started :downsgun:

Edit: I don’t actually mind selling my soul being called upon to contribute to goon gonkery if it means another update :downs:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

Canuck-Errant posted:

Sorry to disappoint, guys, but it's not like every time I post there's--

... dude, take down the picture hidden behind that last emoticon before I someone reports you. A while back, in the Sandcastle, someone called out one of the hidden pictures in your older posts because 1) it was really NSFW, and 2) I completely missed it so I didn't KNOW that it was NSFW. I'd really rather that not happen again.

Anyway, sorry about the disappearance. I'm not dead, though I was pretty close to posting, on April Fool's, that I'd lost the game disc-- except that it wouldn't have been an April Fool's prank. :v: Other than that, I've finally finished re-recording a few conversations that I'd missed, so all that's left is to write the update. It should be up later tonight by tomorrow evening.

EDIT: ... also, your Baldgami picture made me do a spittake. :argh:

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 5, 2009

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

little_firebird posted:

Oh well. :toot:

I know where that one comes from! (At about 1:39.)

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Spirit Armor posted:

... dude, take down the picture hidden behind that last emoticon before I someone reports you. A while back, in the Sandcastle, someone called out one of the hidden pictures in your older posts because 1) it was really NSFW, and 2) I completely missed it so I didn't KNOW that it was NSFW. I'd really rather that not happen again.

Anyway, sorry about the disappearance. I'm not dead, though I was pretty close to posting, on April Fool's, that I'd lost the game disc-- except that it wouldn't have been an April Fool's prank. :v: Other than that, I've finally finished re-recording a few conversations that I'd missed, so all that's left is to write the update. It should be up later tonight.

Holy poo poo! The summoning actually worked!

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
ED: gently caress, wrong button

Nothin' to see there. Nope.

ED2: Also, I'm at least conscientious. When I put :nms: and :nws: tags into a post, they're intentional.

They also prevent in-line loading of the images by SALR, so that's good too.

ED2.b: Except for this post, I mean; there's nothing NWS in this one. :ninja:

ED3:

Spirit Armor posted:

Why, thank you. :D

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 4, 2009

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

Canuck-Errant posted:

ED: gently caress, wrong button

Nothin' to see there. Nope.

ED2: Also, I'm at least conscientious. When I put :nms: and :nws: tags into a post, they're intentional.

They also prevent in-line loading of the images by SALR, so that's good too.

ED2.b: Except for this post, I mean; there's nothing NWS in this one. :ninja:

ED3:

Why, thank you. :D

I don't know whether to be happy or sad that the links don't seem to be working/are fake.

Edit: I just noticed you added a pic link when you quoted Spirit Armor... (right-click+save)

lishan1988 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 5, 2009

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

lishan1988 posted:

I don't know whether to be happy or sad that the links don't seem to be working/are fake.

Edit: I just noticed you added a pic link when you quoted Spirit Armor... (right-click+save)

I noticed that too. Classy stuff, real classy. If you're going to be known for someting, might as well go all the way.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Aw. It's no fun anymore now that everyone knows it. I guess I'll just have to be sneakier about things, or something.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Canuck-Errant posted:

Aw. It's no fun anymore now that everyone knows it. I guess I'll just have to be sneakier about things, or something.

To be honest, it's mostly just that we all expect it from you. So when we see your posts, we reflexively check all the emoticons contained within. If you were anyone else, nobody would probably even notice.

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

Well, now I'm going to have to check every bloody word aren't I?
I salute you!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sennamontoya posted:

Well, now I'm going to have to check every bloody word aren't I?
I salute you!
You know text links look different than normal text, right? :raise:

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

Zereth posted:

You know text links look different than normal text, right? :raise:

true but he could hide everything can't he? like make it underlined and change the color?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm pretty sure these forums don't allow users to change the color of their text. Mainly so we don't get posts that look like a rainbow threw up a bag of skittles on the page.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Sennamontoya posted:

true but he could hide everything can't he? like make it underlined and change the color?
About the best you could do to hide it would be to make a picture of the words, sans text, and make that a link. Indistinguishable to look at, but immediately apparent if anyone quotes it.

...I actually went ahead and quoted his post, just to see if I'd missed something... :ohdear:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Woohoo, the summoning worked!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
With a bit of lateral thinking, you can make a link even more unobtrusive.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thuryl posted:

With a bit of lateral thinking, you can make a link even more unobtrusive.
Why would you use the timg tag on a one-pixel image?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Man, I'm going to wind up with methods for hiding images more complex than a GBS AR thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Canuck-Errant posted:

Man, I'm going to wind up with methods for hiding images more complex than a GBS AR thread.

I'm going to start viewing this thread's page source from now on aren't I?

• Locked thread