Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AllShamNoWow
Oct 13, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I don't know, I think this guy makes a few good points. If you really want to make money playing video games on the internet, you should really invest time into it. You shouldn't let silly things like jobs, friends, and family interfere. I mean, PewDiePie was smart enough to quit college, and now's he bringing in enough money to live on a minimum-wage salary! If you simply abandon your professional and personal lives and focus on entertaining morons on the internet, heck, you could be making hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a year from internet money!

Seriously, it's like none of these people have any loving perspective.

If PewDiePie's fans knew how much money he makes they would second guess themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

AllShamNoWow posted:

If PewDiePie's fans knew how much money he makes they would second guess themselves.

To be fair, when you're 12 anything more than 5 bucks a week sounds like a lot of money.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Diabetus posted:

From the retsupurae inbox:

ok

This is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a long, long time.

Thanks, I guess.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AllShamNoWow posted:

Funnily enough, the RP video was accompanied by a plenty of comments along the lines of "Why should I envy him? Even his girlfriend only dates him BECAUSE OF HIS WEALTH AND FAME, THE GOLD DIGGING SLUT!!!" Both sides have their share of miserable morons, I suppose.

AllShamNoWow
Oct 13, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Funnily enough, the RP video was accompanied by a plenty of comments along the lines of "Why should I envy him? Even his girlfriend only dates him BECAUSE OF HIS WEALTH AND FAME, THE GOLD DIGGING SLUT!!!" Both sides have their share of miserable morons, I suppose.

I'm really curious to know what is going through that girl's head whenever she hears him scream like a moron.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

AllShamNoWow posted:

I'm really curious to know what is going through that girl's head whenever she hears him scream like a moron.

"My jaw hurts"?

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!
I like how he goes on and on about business and marketing potential and then lists 21-35 as a very narrow demographic. Seriously?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

AllShamNoWow posted:

I refuse to believe he has ever seen a girl, much less has a girlfriend.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

Danaru posted:

Enjoy!

AllShamNoWow
Oct 13, 2012

Danaru posted:

This is my attempt at making your head explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdtkwQXXNWA

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Oh poo poo, I only have 43 subscribers! How can I get people more interested in my unlisted videos that are merely the parts of the game I can't communicate adequately with screenshots or poop jokes?

Imagine all the... all the... uh... what's my incentive here, besides having bigger numbers?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

AllShamNoWow posted:

:barf:

I think her voice might actually be MORE annoying than his

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Can't believe it took me ten minutes to say it all out loud. I gotta admit, I went through it twice, once to read and again to edit, but I still can't remember a single word of that nonsense.

I thought about turning it into a video somehow, but :effort:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I hate everyone alive right now.

I hope my five subscribers feel the same way.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Being a "professional" LPer sounds like the worst thing. I play games and make an LP for fun. I don't want it to be work.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Diabetus posted:

Some idiot on YouTube posted:

:words:
ok

If I'm reading that wall of text correctly, then what he's saying is:
Penis size: HUGE!
Money earned: PHAT LEWTZ, DAWG

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AllShamNoWow posted:

Huh. That was actually...decent, and even entertaining, in a corny sort of way. And Pewdiepie was actually acting human (if extremely awkward)-*2:32 in the video*

...nevermind.

And I can't help but imagine that all those cuts were because he started spouting rape jokes.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

what's my incentive here, besides having bigger numbers?

I don't understand the question. Bigger numbers==better. That's the foundation of modern society.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Genocyber posted:

Huh. That was actually...decent, and even entertaining, in a corny sort of way. And Pewdiepie was actually acting human (if extremely awkward)-*2:32 in the video*

...nevermind.

And I can't help but imagine that all those cuts were because he started spouting rape jokes.

The best part is when he tries to act 'wacky' and 'funny', and she completely ignores him

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
My youtube layout blocks comments by default and has made my YOUTUBE EXPERIENCE much richer as a result.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Oh poo poo, I only have 43 subscribers! How can I get people more interested in my unlisted videos that are merely the parts of the game I can't communicate adequately with screenshots or poop jokes?

Imagine all the... all the... uh... what's my incentive here, besides having bigger numbers?

Just make a video of yourself being raped by ghosts, the level geometry, gravity, etc etc. I'll subscribe, you have to be a BRO though, and have like 13 popped collars and stuff.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Can't believe it took me ten minutes to say it all out loud. I gotta admit, I went through it twice, once to read and again to edit, but I still can't remember a single word of that nonsense.

I thought about turning it into a video somehow, but :effort:

Son of a bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=volmaCFJVs4

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

Jesus shit that Steelix is terrifying.
So, if we base how good LPers are by their Youtube subscriber count, I'm utter poo poo then, since I'm doing an SSLP and don't even have a Youtube account, right? This is how this works?

(I'm kidding, I'm a lovely LPer for other reasons. No Youtube is just the icing on the cake.)

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
I wanna try one. From:

http://pewdies-spookyarmy.tumblr.com/post/33670956564/last-and-final-rant

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Roar posted:

My youtube layout blocks comments by default and has made my YOUTUBE EXPERIENCE much richer as a result.

I have Chrome and an extension called "Herp Derp" which replaces all Youtube comments by random arrangements of those words. I feel it makes a more authentic experience.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Diabetus posted:

ok

Don't you see?! You need to market yourself. You need to increase your productivity. Maybe you should employ a consultant to help you put videos on the Internet better.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Hey, they made mugs. I'm sure someone got one.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

How can you be against this person, there's a clearly a breast cancer awareness banner on the top therefore they are better than all of us.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Hahaha! "I haven't seen the video, but I'm gonna start an argument over it." I've never seen Citizen Kane, but it's poo poo.

quote:

Suicide and self harm are on the same level as a rape joke. Joking about that poo poo is personal.

So they admit that the rape jokes are awful ,yet still defend the videos. Sounds about right.

The incentive is fandom! Don't you want to see dozens of comments every time you log onto Youtube? Tons of people saying the same jokes over and over! Arrow to the knee FTW! Like this if you're watching this in 2012! The person who disliked this was [insert reference to villain in video game]! The people love you! They really really do!

Pandering works, so if you want to have fans like PDPs then it isn't hard at all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

At least this whole thing has taught me exactly why suicide jokes are generally accepted while rape jokes really aren't.

This guy is jumping at people making suicide jokes without actually knowing what they were, because he's probably assuming that everyone's just shouting 'kill yourself' at the computer (the fact nobody did is testament to everybody's willpower, really, because that is very tempting) which would be about equal to what PDP does.

Only the difference comes in two areas: One, these jokes aren't directed towards demeaning the victim. Unlike PDP's... I'm going to call them victim-shaming jokes, but that's really an insult to the term 'joke', because they're really more loudly shouted remarks. Regardless, the suicide jokes aren't demeaning suicide victims; the object of the joke is how insufferable PDP is, it's demeaning him and saying that yes, he is that insufferable. Rape jokes are almost universally thinly-veiled threats and/or victim-shaming.

They're also actual jokes, with setups, and punchlines. They aren't just screaming controversial subjects at a screen until they run out of breath.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oh wow, that person wrote erotic PewDiePie/Team Fortress 2 crossover fanfiction. These are the sorts of perks you're missing out on as a reticent Youtube superstar. I'll bet you feel silly now!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Oh wow, that person wrote erotic PewDiePie/Team Fortress 2 crossover fanfiction. These are the sorts of perks you're missing out on as a reticent Youtube superstar.

I now want to close my account and deny my 43 subscribers their poop joke.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Oh wow, that person wrote erotic PewDiePie/Team Fortress 2 crossover fanfiction. These are the sorts of perks you're missing out on as a reticent Youtube superstar. I'll bet you feel silly now!
Actually there was a Retsupurae fanfic and in it Slowbeef got...

...oh my god.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I hope he throws his goddamn computer at the wall and nobody has to see anything else he posts.

Christ, that entire comment. Especially the closer. The internet: a) makes you stupid and b) makes you awful.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

This is amazing.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

...oh my god.

I dare you to look up The Runaway Guys on Deviantart. I loving dare you.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

...oh my god.

Thanks for reminding me that existed. I truly wanted to purge that from my mind. (you are talking about the same fanfiction in which there's a Canadian Civil War for no reason, right?)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lance Streetman posted:

I dare you to look up The Runaway Guys on Deviantart. I loving dare you.

Hey, at least Waluigi's bridal boutique is actually pretty funny...

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Can we stop with the rapist accusations against folks who support pewdeepie? It's disingenuous at best, and potentially harmful at worst.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

TwoDayLife posted:

Can we stop with the rapist accusations against folks who support pewdeepie? It's disingenuous at best, and potentially harmful at worst.

Aw, I didn't really mean it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If this person had been critical of PewDiePie before for the rape jokes, I would have some respect for them. At least that would be sticking to some coherent value system.

But they're just making some nonsensical "well he jokes about rape but you made a joke about suicide so you're hypocrites so Pewdie is fine" argument so I don't.

• Locked thread