Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
lol, serves me right.

That half a second I saw of the back of their head was very confusing, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So only bald black men get purple lightsabers, then?

Mara Jade and Revan had purple and who are a woman and canonically a white guy

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I think the appropriate terminology here is "people of color"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Purple of colour.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
"Near-Humans"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

First look at the Skeleton Crew cast:

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-skeleton-crew-merch-reveals-first-look-at-main-cast

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Baby Max Rebo?!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

thrawn527 posted:

Baby Max Rebo?!

When he blew up in Book of Boba Fett, he was reborn from the flames anew, stronger than ever before

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

thrawn527 posted:

Baby Max Rebo?!

They're finally establishing that Ortolans have 4 limbs instead of 2?!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Baby Geordi La Forge.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thrawn527 posted:

Baby Max Rebo?!

Min Rebo.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sanschel posted:

Mara Jade and Revan had purple and who are a woman and canonically a white guy

don’t remember seeing her before, what show was she in?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OFFICIAL INGOT

lmao the bullshit they peddle to fans who'll eat this garbage up.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Tales of the Empire OST (Spotify)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The Acolyte marketing machine has begun to spin into motion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3hCVk5Z9po
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0WxdRadrm8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Nmfsvq6d0

Really digging the fight choreography in that last clip.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Either Disney really believes they've got something with this show, or they're insanely desperate.

Really hoping for the former.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To me it seems just like Andor in that they just don't have a loving clue how to advertise it.

They have like consistently struggled to advertise anything that isn't like toyetic(shout out to baby yoda) or able to like lean on "hey you remember that thing", or hey you like lightsabers right?

It's why the money shot in all these trailers have been that shot of them in the forest igniting the lightsabers, and then the follow up of the red lightsaber flying out of the woods.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Social media review embargo drops tomorrow, and full reviews are out shortly before release. Which I believe is a similar review schedule Andor had. So it seems like Disney has faith to drop social embargo two weeks early. I think the big media push is because it's in a time period most don't know about. "Where's the clones?" "Is this about Rey?" "Where is Vader?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cannot wait for the unironic "So all these Jedi are going to die in Order 66 right so why should I care about any of them" posts

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I mean, unless there’s any from a race with a long life span ala Yoda most of them are probably already dead regardless

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Am I the only one assuming we're going to see Young Yoda in this series. I feel like that's the Big Thing they're keeping out of the marketing

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

OldSenileGuy posted:

Am I the only one assuming we're going to see Young Yoda in this series. I feel like that's the Big Thing they're keeping out of the marketing

They had so much success with Baby Yoda, now it's time for Teen Yoda!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
We asked John Williams if we could use his song and he said, 'uh sure, you guys did buy the rights to it in your billion dollar purchase of Lucasfilm? You've used my work extensively for the last decade?'

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

OldSenileGuy posted:

He'd be in his mid 700s or thereabouts, and he's usually off in the background in every other High Republic work doing who-knows-what, so I highly doubt it

They should be milking Frank Oz for every voice clip possible to eventually also turn Yoda into an AI ghoul, so it's a little weird they're not using him more

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
700 is a teen for Yoda's species. Yoda tragically died in the equivalent of his early 20s, from degenerative Swamp Madness.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cross-Section posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Nmfsvq6d0

Really digging the fight choreography in that last clip.

ut oh.
I'm hyped.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

OldSenileGuy posted:

Honestly kind of hoping for a tiny bit of Huyang

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Uh, wow. lol that's not great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

OldSenileGuy posted:

I mean, Yoda’s appeared in other Old/High Republic related stuff to my knowledge so it wouldn’t surprise me. Not sure why they’d hide him in this case however

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Larryb posted:

I mean, unless there’s any from a race with a long life span ala Yoda most of them are probably already dead regardless
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you about when any of the events in Star Wars take place.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

You’re right, we should have a show or movie set in the modern day version of the SW galaxy sometime (even the sequel era is still explicitly “A long time ago”)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Right loving now
In a galaxy OH poo poo LOOK OUT ITS RIGHT BEHIND YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Somehow, you are Palpatine

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Vinylshadow posted:

The real Palpatine was the friends we made along the way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Palpatine is a Cylon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Azhais posted:

Palpatine is a Cylon

Can't spell Palpatine without plan.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Uh, wow. lol that's not great.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the last trailer looked less cheap?

Doesn't look like that to me.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

The real Palpatine was the friends we made along the way.

This is very concerning for the “Sheev fucks” theory

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Azhais posted:

Palpatine is a Cylon

Project robomancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rubber Chicken posted:

Project robomancer

That would be Cylo, who helped make Vader's suit and purported that the next step in human evolution towards immortality was through cybernetics

Cylo-V here had a system in place that when he died, he would be uploaded into a new body; Cylo-IV was killed by Triple Zero during interrogation, and the Emperor ultimately decided that his usefulness had come to an end and manipulated him into rebellion so he could be destroyed without disrupting the other members of the Tarkin Initiative (which besides the Death Star and the Cylo Directive, also had other plans like Operation Cinder's Climate Disruption Arrays and Hutt Clone Troopers)