Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pandora

With the equivalent skill of a good Astra Militarum field medic, Pandora cleans old wounds that are now festering and carefully rations a few vitamins that she can find in both ship's meager supplies to deal with the scurvy problems. A few of the castaways already lost some teeth by now but it's now like they were pretty to begin with it, and they're all grateful for the medical attention regardless.

With a bit of work now and later at the voyage you figure you can build some armor equivalent to flak armor used by the IG, although you didn't find a single helmet in good condition or to salvage. The armor will smell a bit like sweaty sailors but at least it's actually better protection than most of them have.

With those DoS you managed to heal with pretty much all 50 of the them, returning them to mediocre combat capability like the rest of the Devourer crew, and also gaining their trust and improving morale.

Ariston

There are a few moments of hesitation between both ship's castaways after the Veteran barks his orders, but they ready themselves and put whatever cover they can between themselves and the sea. One of the trained ones from the Rust Wave approaches Ariston. "Respectfully my Lord, the... things that can come from the seas in this state cannot be brought down by men and women with combat rifles. I dare not say their name, lest they bring their unstoppable wrath on us."

The Ork Kommando Nob comes stomping nearby to your position. "OY! 'Ard hummie,, what's going on 'ere? Da weather got all weird of sudden. Iz a scrap comin' our way? Grahahah!" he cracks his knuckles in excitement.

Gozer, Keraun and Pandora

Before the locale gets weird and potentially dangerous all of sudden, the trio with technical aptitudes started on their work on the stalker bolter. The main work is on the Sanguinary Heretek, but the ex-Crimson Fist's and jack-of-all-trades adventurer's helps are both essential to the task. Without knowing the specific model and mark of the bolter, they have to be more careful in stripping down parts and forcing others into it to more usable by humans. All the while Gozer has to listen to the gun's machine spirit emotions while the operation is happening, first indignation, anger, then cries of agony at this tremendous violation. Eventually it stops, a proud spirit that once served some loyalist marine in ages past broken down into nothingness.

The Stalker bolter is then finally ready for action, tremendously modified for human use. While the size is still roughly for astartes use, the grips, targeting mechanisms and stock have been re-fitted, although a human will only be able to use the thing completely prone.

Modified Stalker Boltgun - Range 200m S/–/– 1d10+9 X Pen 4 Clip 24/24 Reload Full Accurate, Tearing, Must be Prone

It has a single clip of Kraken Rounds so the the Pen goes to 8 and the range is increased by 50%.

Gozer got enough DoS that it does not have Overloaded Frame

Gozer

With the extreme machine spirit violation done, the heretek focuses on the particular phenomena happening right now. Your brain's memory cogitators go in full throttle as you search for specific data on the Season of Blood of Furia and the red lightning that strikes around Kanro.

3 DoS on Common Lore (Screaming Vortex)

Checking your data-streams, you notice that the Seasons of Blood happen quite erratically on the planet "blessed" by the Blood God. It's a time where the half-natural half-warp monstrosities know as Leviathans are more active, where they stalk the waters looking for prey, attack scrap-towns or fight titanic battles against each other. They are not territorial and wander the planet completely at random patterns, but they can sense scrap-towns from hundreds of miles away. You know that the serrated teeth of these creatures make for phenomenal chain weapons but few managed to survive a full-head confrontation against them.

4 DoS on Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)

The World Ocean is vast and the Season of Blood covers it all, so there's a chance that these Leviathans will NOT show up here after all. This theory goes away as you look at the red lightning crackling around Kanro, and just Kanro. You know a particularly bad omen when you see one. The chance of a Leviathan attack on your current location has been raised to 87.86%

Erika the Red

The bodyguard looks at Erika with a worried expression in his face, his hands firm on his flamer. He keeps his voice low. "Just bad is putting it mildly, my lady. I was luckily last Season in not encountering a Leviathan, but... I have seen their work. A city a bit smaller like Kanro we used to re-supply, just... gone in a single day, wrecks everywhere. These turrets on the city may or not be able to keep a Leviathan away from it, who knows? In my opinion, we should get out of here fast."

frajaq fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

frajaq posted:

There are a few moments of hesitation between both ship's castaways after the Veteran barks his orders, but they ready themselves and put whatever cover they can between themselves and the sea. One of the trained ones from the Rust Wave approaches Ariston. "Respectfully my Lord, the... things that can come from the seas in this state cannot be brought down by men and women with combat rifles. I dare not say their name, lest they bring their unstoppable wrath on us."

"And what would you have us do?," Ariston asked, a sneer faintly audible in his voice over the worsening storm. "Our hosts have barred the gate behind us and the seas churn red as far as the eye can see. Are you suggesting that we would fare a better chance upon the open water than we would holding our ground? Will our vessels even be able to effectively outdistance whatever abomination the Blood God keeps leashed upon this world, or will we simply be consigning ourselves to an ignominious death?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Very few things gave Gozer pleasure these days outside of Blood Rituals and weapon crafting, but being right about something was one. It gave considerably less pleasure when the thing he was right about was the arrival of the Leviathan, that was certainly a bad Omen. He overhears Ariston's question and once again summons the command crew about him, "What we are witnessing is the 'Season of Blood'. During such a season, the Leviathan come to feast. These are monumental creatures that are able to swallow ships whole, and devastate settlements with just their tentacles. Even more worrying, is that in a statistically overwhelming number of recorded and oral encounters, the proximity of lightning to a settlement like we are witnessing now is almost a guaranteed Harbinger of a coming Leviathan attack. Based on my calculations there is a eighty-seven point eight-six percent chance that a leviathan will attack."

Gozer takes one glance at Kanro in the background, "They are drawn to such settlements like Kanro and destroy them. We should leave. We should leave right now. Khorne, we should already be under way. Two ships like ours is nothing compared to a settlement like this. If we leave now Kanro should draw the ire of the beast long enough for us slip away. I really cannot stress this enough, so let me modulate my volume for additional effect, WE HAVE GOT TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW IF WE DO NOT WANT TO BE LEVIATHAN FOOD! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!"

Without waiting for a response, Gozer runs over to any chains or rope securing the ship to Kanro and begins to slice them with his hand, repeatedly yelling "NOW!" as he does so.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Pandora Fiasco

"Welp." Pandora couldn't ask for clearer instructions as she hops on board the larger vessel, orders everyone to cast off and tries to bring it out to sea asap.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

"Thank you, Serge. I think we will be leaving. Now." Glancing to the Ork, she adds, "Whatever's coming smashes cities, so I don't think we can just stab it or shoot it to death. We'll fight if it gets in our way; otherwise, we're heading out."

Turning to the rest of the crew, Erika starts shouting orders to get underway as she heads for the controls of the Rust Wave as fast as possible.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

"Enough!," Ariston roared as Gozer began to take leave of his senses in a maddened bid to retreat. He had always thought that tech-priests were beyond such petty frailties as fear, but at this rate it wouldn't be long before the bloodsmith's panic began to spread among the agitated crews like a promethium fire.

But come what may, Kanro had served its purpose and they certainly held no obligation towards it or the castaways within. "All hands, to your vessels!," he shouted, countermanding his last order even as the others in his warband began to make ready to depart. "Prepare to cast off, double-time! Lucius, with me! We set sail on the Devourer!"

As scavengers began hurrying to their ships, Ariston rounded on the Ork Nob that had approached them earlier. "You, Ork...you have a 'Mek Boy' in your retinue, yes? The Devourer is in need of his...'services.' As long as it will help us reach the Grasp, he is free to work whatever repairs and modifications upon it he sees fit. What say you?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

"Great, the loving planet has ebola, and now I've got no time to eat. The sooner we are somewhere else the better." Lucius follows up his comments with a string of curses and punches at the crewmen around him, getting the cowards and laggardly men to move faster, before grabbing hold one a busy worker. "You. Tell me what we can expect if we sail in this. If you don't know, point me to whoever can."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The crews of both ships stop their gazing at the current changes in the locale and hurry in readying the Devourer and Rust Wave for voyage at the Heretics's orders and yells (particularly Gozer). By the movement on the other piers nearby, other ships are doing the same, some faster than the others depending on the size. Having a vessel as big as the Devourer with a gathered crew a bit unfamiliar with each other delays you a bit, the Rust Wave getting ready much faster.

Ariston with the orks

The Kommando Nob grunts at the Veteran's request. "Humph. You'z ask a lot to get our pilot away from us, but I guezz if he can have his fun with the othe' ship iz not so bad... GEARZOB! YOU HEARIN' DIS?"

The Mek Boy stomps out of their Helikopta carrying loads of Ork toolz in his backpack, a massive wrench at his hands, which looks no less lethal than any other greenskin weapon. "I hear ya Boss! So I canz take care of that uvva ship anyway I likez as long as it keeps moves?? Soundz good to me! Dem weak looking hummies bettah not mess with me or my alteratiunz to da ship. Or maybe itz bettah they do, I could use a nice scrap now and then! Keheheh." He then heads his way toward the Devourer, already receiving glances of disgust and anger from some of the castaways there, but not one dares to move against him.

The Kommando turns to Ariston. "Roight, so dats done... But the moment we'z reach dis Grasp of yourz, he comes back to us, got it big hummie?"

Lucius bullying a random castaway

The unfortunate Devourer's castaway that the nurglite grabs gags at Lucius's smell due to many gruesome trophies collected so far on his body. The Death Priest appearance obviously unnerves him a lot. "W-well sir, the Devourer is quite a tough old beast of the seas. She's a bit slow and clumsy but can withstand a lot. Back when we had..err... our previous masters we raided this sea settlement once, it had more defenses than we expected so we had to pull back to try another way, but not before receiving lots of bullets from cannons and the like, it even withstood two direct lascannons shots, she did! But she does need a good pilot, that was Brutallus before your master killed him...sir.'"

I'm gonna move this forward Sunday so the non-posting players do post you bunch of scallywags :pirate:

Here's my understanding of how the crews are gonna go:

Devourer
Pilot: Pandora Fiasco
Maintenance: Gearzob the Mek Boy
Officers: Ariston/Lucius
Rest: Yorial/350 Castaways

Rust Wave
Pilot: Erika the Red
Maintenance: Gozer
Officers: Bazroth/Victus/Zegasi/Keraun
Rest: 60 Elite Castaways/40 Kommando Orks/Kommando Nob/Helikopta/50 Mutant Slaves

Correct me if any of this is wrong

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 2, 2015

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

"I have no desire to keep your mech-wright," Ariston said to the Ork Nob with evident disgust in his voice. "My use for him extends only as far as he can coerce this vessel into obedience, nothing more. Once we fight our way through to the Grasp and secure our escape off this world you and he both are free to go where you please, the further the better."

As the Mek Boy clambered up the gangplank onto the Devourer Ariston followed shortly behind, keeping a watchful eye on the Ork as well as the rest of the ship's crew whose looks of hatred and distrust were obvious as the creature tromped towards the engine room. "Anyone who attempts to interfere with that Ork's work will find themselves swimming for their freedom!," he announced to the assembled crew. "Hate and abhor the alien all you wish, but if your former masters were skilled enough to properly maintain this vessel or cunning enough to prevent it from falling into such disrepair in the first place then none of this would be necessary! As it stands that creature may be all that keeps this decrepit ship afloat, so instead be grateful that the day you leave this world forever is nigh! Now to your stations...the Grasp awaits us!"

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

Perhaps Zegasi should have been more surprised, but he was at least familiar with the sort of storms that an ocean world like his own of Ithaka could bring. As for Furia, he'd take his chances; who knew what a planet inside a giant warp storm could bring? "If you recall nothing else, remember that cover is paramount. It shall shelter us against the elements, and hold between us and any creatures of the depths." Hopefully...

Yep, staying with the Rust Wave for now. I just hadn't had much to say in the intervening time, since we're all reacting to Impending Doom or somesuch.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Escape from Kanro

With the Devourer finally ready in a hurry and the Heretics spread around the ships, the two ships start to move out of Kanro's docks, as do many other ships in a desperate flight. With the Rust Wave on the front being a more agile ship, Erika starts to it turn it southwest towards the Grasp with ease due to experience with its controls. The slower Devourer follows it with some pain, Pandora having to learn quickly how the ship in poor maintenance works and under heavy weather.

The red lightning crackling in the skies and the crashing waves reach a limit point when a colossal black shape starts to move under the red seas from southeast, unfortunately close to heading towards your own current position. You hear the sounds of the many Kanro's turrets adjusting position as your own castaways yell for protection. On the Rust Wave, the Orks watch everything quite amused and interested in what exactly will show up.

An unlucky ship quite ahead from you realizes too late it's directly under the swift black shape underneath and tries in vain to change direction, until a gigantic black-grey tentacle surges from the crimsons waters with unimaginable violence. The ship weighting around 7 thousand tons is flung with ease towards Kanro's turret lines, it flies in the air with great velocity as it crashes hard on many autocannon turrets, splitting the ship in half as it explodes, taking an entire section of the protection walls with it.

All the working turrets open fire simultaneously as more and more gigantic flesh tentacles appear from the ocean, all heading towards Kanro. It doesn't take long before the biggest shapes comes from under the sea, roaring with strength that almost deafens everyone around the area...

A titanic creature from the darkest nightmares, the Leviathan is a mass of muscles, thick hides, tentacles covered in serrated fangs and pure fury at anything that moves. Only in a planet so cursed by the Blood God such a thing could exist. Like a wave of flesh it advances towards Kanro with way too much speed than it should. Thankfully for the Heretics, it seems completely focused on the team, but your ships are still on the path of destruction, the abomination's many tentacles flailing the waters in a frenzy.

The ship's castaways all scream at the sight, asking for Khorne's protection in increased tones. The Kommando Boyz stare with incredulity at it, jaws dropped. The Kommando Nob wipes off a single tear from his left eye at the sight. "By Gork and Mork... it...it's bootiful. One day.... one day we'll tame one of these. I'll nevah forget dis moment."

The bazaar city turrets start unloading all they can on the half-natural half-warped beast, autocannons and other solid projectiles tear chunks of meat from both tentacles and the main body, with the few lascannons causing deep scorches and holes on them. If the turrets are doing any serious damage you cannot say. but it forces the Leviathan to submerge its injured parts on the waters, were it quickly regenerates as the beast continues his destructive charge.

With both the Rust Wave and the Devourer right in the middle of it.

Devourer - Ariston, Lucius, Pandora

The bigger ship rocks back and forth as Pandora fiddles with the controls on the bridge, desperately trying to avoid the flailing tentacles on the ocean around you, as you bring the speed to the maximum allowed. From the communication tubes you can hear the Mek Boy screaming many profanities in frustration as he keeps the inner workings of the ship in check.

Give me a -30 Operate test.

On the main deck where most of the recent castaways are gathered, the situation is getting tense. The crew that didn't witness the brawl starts to spread discontent, taking advantage of the panic at the Leviathan's appearance and their current desperate escape. Random castaways scream to each other. "Chasing the Grasp is foolish, this is a sign of it!", "The old captain wouldn't allow we to get under this situation!", "The Blood God is displeased with us, the Leviathan is a clear sign of it!", "We are doomed! DOOMED! A violent death is all that awaits us!"

A -30 Intimidate OR Charm test is necessary to avoid a riot. This test is already easier due to Yorial's presence and Pandora's actions earlier.

Rust Wave - Erika, Keraun, Zegasi, Gozer, Bazroth, Victus

With the more agile ship at hand and having experience with it, Erika the Red has an easier time with the current situation. But nevertheless it's still tremendously dangerous and will require a good pilot. While the Devourer could withstand a glancing hit from the Leviathan's crazy tentacles and keep going, an impact on the more delicate Rust Wave could be disastrous.

Give me a +0 Operate test. This test goes to +10 if Gozer passes a -30 Tech-Use test to push the engines to the limit.

Different from the Devourer's poorly trained and provisioned castaways, your own crew is more motivated and better equipped than theirs, and so they don't panic as much to the sight of the titanic creature crashing towards your position. A cunning strategist may be able to quickly spread them around the ship to minimize casualties if they occur.

Anyone may be able to roll a -20 Command test to minimize possible casualties.

With the orks on the main deck paying too much attention to the destruction the Leviathan can cause, even with its main body far away from Kanro's walls, they notice too late that they didn't tie their Helikopta to the Rust Wave with as much attention as they should. With the chaotic waters rocking the ship in all directions, the Sky Git scrapes the floor as it violently slides towards the left, close to the left.

The Kommando Nob notices just in time and starts yelling at his boyz as they quickly run to catch the sliding aircraft. "OH ZOG! Youz a bunch of bloody idiotz. Even weaky grots would pay more attenshun than youz did to the Sky Git! Oy Hummiez, help us out!" Even with the greenskins being strong as they are, the Helikopta has a respectable size and weight to it, and the weather conditions are not helping the situation at all.

Anyone that isn't Erika or Gozer and cares to help the orks can make an individual -10 Strength or Athletics test to help pull the falling Helikopta back to the ship and earn brownie points with the greenskins. The result will depend on total of DoS.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

As the sorcerer recalled, his Imperium had at least made an effort to maintain several STCs of the famed intermodal shipping containers. ("Famed" was a relative word for an Astartes, but amongst the stevedores he had grew up with it certainly applied.) Even one was not small, but they were a leap ahead of the cargo rigging he'd been used to on smaller vessels. Here, though, in Chaos-controlled territory, finding any sort of standardization was a crapshoot. Zegasi still missed several things from the Imperium, even if they'd never accept him back, and one of them was a sense of predictability.

[Too late to worry about that now - Change struck a bargain with you, and Change will have its due.] True enough. "Anyone outside - keep yourself attached by any means necessary!" He raced towards the sliding helicopter. "The same goes for any loose equipment! Anything you can save now is a tool in your pocket tomorrow!" Orks crowded on the landing struts, but the tailfins were still free. At least an Astartes such as he was tall enough to reach...

Athletics (-10), TN 50: 1d100 99 That went poorly. Luckily I've got that one fate point.

Unfortunately the deck was more slick then he'd expected, and Zegasi began to slide towards the sea. And towards the leviathan. A moment of doubt blossomed in the sorcerer's mind, but it was crushed by a comforting realization. At least his magnetized boots, standard issue as part of his Astartes Power Armour, were working again. With but a thought to his Black Carapace, the power beneath his feet was activated, and Zegasi ceased to slide.

Athletics (-10), TN 50, Fate Point Reroll: 1d100 15 Much better, that's 4 DoS. If I had the chance to assist with the Command test, I would, but Zegasi has only moderate Fellowship and zero training in that skill.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Pandora Fiasco

"Ah...haahahahahaa..." Pandora swung the wheel hard left. That was the direction toward the tentacles, but maybe that's what it least expected? She immediately then throws it to Flank speed backwards. She watches as the tenatcles flail across the sky and one slams down right where the ship was two seconds ago. ...moving forward, in reverse! She notices the crew getting antsy and has her handgun drawn and pointed at the first rear end in a top hat who charges at her.

Vs tn 20, rolled a 4. With Hotshot Pilot, that 3 DoS

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Keep in mind that we're using the DoS mechanic from DH2E as a houserule, where it's 1 (success) + 1 per difference of tens digit between roll and TN. That'd give you 1 + 2 (20 vs. 04) = 3 natively, and thus 4 DoS with the extra from Hotshot Pilot.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

:regd10:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston kept a watchful eye on the churning waters around them as the Devourer cast off from Kanro far too slowly for his liking, the larger ship more sluggish and ungainly than the Rust Wave had been, but they didn't need to outrun these Leviathans...merely put enough distance between themselves and the settlement and leave Kanro to its fate.

He held Plaga's heavy bolter at the ready for all the good it might do. As yet he could see nothing but the endless blood red tides, and if Gozer's frantic ravings were to be believed these creatures were much too large to fight conventionally, but if death was to come for him this day then he would meet it head-on with all the hatred he could muster.

Death came, but not for him. He watched as a titanic shape burst from the water with shocking swiftness for something so vast, tossing one of the fleeing ships into Kanro's walls like a child kicking a toy across the room, the shockwave from the explosion poweful enough to rock the Devourer in the water even as Pandora proved her piloting skill's worth. He didn't scream or shout, he offered no supplications to the Blood God...and in truth he would rather be crushed by the Leviathan than do such a thing...but he did slowly lower the heavy bolter as the massive creature bellowed a challenge that threatened to split the skies apart and continued its rampage against the settlement amidst a barrage of cannon-fire.

The discontented and panicked rumblings that had been coming from the crew ever since they'd cast off had by now risen to an intolerable fever pitch as one of the scavengers took it upon themselves to begin prophesying their imminent destruction. Leaving the heavy bolter upon the deck Ariston slowly made his way across the deck, the crowd parting for him until he was at last face to face with the rambling sailor. For a long moment he said nothing, merely glared down at the scavenger through his helmet until the murmurings of the crew fell silent.

Then he backhanded the man with an armored gauntlet, blood spraying in an arc as he tumbled through the air to land in a heap at the feet of his fellow scavengers. "Yes, your old Captain would never have allowed this," he said, his vox-enhanced voice carrying over the sounds of carnage and destruction behind them. "That is because your old Captain was weak. Foolish. Cowardly. He would have had you remain here for the rest of your wretched lives, little more than galley slaves picking at scraps and bones! But I am far from content with such a lot. The Dark Gods sought to lay me low once before and they failed! I stand before you as living proof that even gods can be defied, and I will defy them once more as I leave this world behind and seek my rightful vengeance among the stars. And nothing, not even the Blood God's precious pets, will sway me from this course."

"Perhaps you disagree," he went on. "Perhaps you would rather throw yourself upon Khorne's mercy and remain here, a slave until the end. Very well. There is Kanro," he said, pointing as the Leviathan's massive tendrils smashed against the dockside walls, crumpling bulkhead slabs of plasteel like paper. "You are free to go to her defense at any time. But know this...should you choose to remain on-board and leave Kanro to its fate then you will heed my commands. Or you will wish that you had remained behind to face the Leviathan when you had the chance. Now get to your stations!," he roared. "We are far from clear of the immediate danger! And clean that up," he said, gesturing towards the moaning scavenger lying upon the deck.

Rolling Intimidate at TN 70 (base TN of 70 -30, +10 for my Trophy Rack, +10 for Pity the Weak, +10 for having Lucius back me up like a good enforcer aaaaand I roll an 81. I have one, count'em, ONE infamy point and I will spend it on a reroll. That gives me a 25, much better. So that's a total 6 DoS on Intimidate. Chaos, solving all your problems with threats and violence!

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 5, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth took a moment to stare in awe at the massive creature. The crew were doing admirably, given the circumstances. Apparently they'd dealt with something like this before. Turning on his laud hailer, he dispensed with the raising of his icon to keep a firm hand on a nearby wall to avoid the fate of the xenos vehicle sliding down the gangway.

"Fear not! The Lord of Skulls and his pet will have their fill today, but not from us! Hold fast - Kanro is doomed whether we stay or leave, so we will live to pay our due to the Gods another day. Keep to your stations - you have been delivered from this fate for a reason!"

Fel 60 + 10 Skill - 20 penalty = TN 50.
Also worth noting that Iron Discipline makes "those under my command" re-roll failed pinning/fear tests.
Command, TN 50: 1d100 94
Using my IP.
Command, TN 50, IP Re-Roll (Adds a DOS, due to Dark Apostle): 1d100 86
Apparently, Baz just doesn't have it today.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

One second everything's placid, if a little red-tinged, and the next it's tentacles and gunfire everywhere. Watching the thing swat a ship effortlessly into the city, Erika realizes that the Rust Wave would probably disintegrate if the Leviathan hit it anywhere near that hard. Snatching up the captain's vox, she calls down to the speakers in the engine room. "Gozer, I don't know if you can see what's going on up here, but uh, if you can get a little more power out of the engine without blowing it up, that would be great."

Not even waiting for a response, she pushes the throttle as high as it will go and starts weaving through the churning water around the Leviathan. Even if the tech-priest was still busy running around panicking, she was sure she was a good enough pilot to get through this. Glancing down to the deck, she noticed the minor disorder down below, the crew too transfixed by the destruction of Kanro to spread out and hold on properly. A bad wave or a glancing blow could launch them overboard or into each other. She grabbed the vox again and set it to deck speakers.

"Spread out down there and hold onto something or go belowdecks. Don't survive this far on Kanro only to die falling overboard like an idiot." None of them moved. They probably didn't even hear her over the roars, churning ocean, and sounds of tearing metal and gunfire.

Operate TN 50: 50, which is 2 DoS with Hotshot Pilot and 3 DoS if Gozer cranks up the engine.

Command vs 30: 82

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Having sufficiently vented his pitiful human fear and emotions though a very therapeutic exercise of "yell as loud as you can and cut stuff up" he wastes no time in disappearing below deck and trying to get as much power out of the engines as he can. Gozer is not an enginseer by trade or training, smithing a weapon is a much different process than maintaining any complex machine, be it void ship or regular aquatic ship.

Luckily there are some similarities, both this ship and a firearm seem to have a lot of pistons, and if there was one thing Gozer knew how to do, it was to lubricate machinery in a way befitting the Dark Gods. He reaches over and gores the nearest crew member, lifting him above the engine and then slicing his throat with the flick of a finger. As the blood pours over the machine, Gozer says prayers to both Khorne and to placate the corrupt machine spirit. It seems the machine thirsts for blood, as very little seems to be steaming upon contact with the hot structure and instead seems to be cooling it, allowing more power to be squeezed out of the machine without risking a catastrophic failure due to metal fatigue caused by heat.

Hearing the vox, Gozer grasps it, "I thank Khorne I am down here, since I can hear the beast fine enough, I do not need a visual. I have sacrificed crew to the engine, it shall give you what you need; I suggest we use any deck guns to disable other ships in the vacinity. As the old saying goes, 'you don't have to outrun the bloodletter, only the Nurgle Worshiper with you' and that is much larger than a bloodletter!"

Tech use TN of 76: 1d100 55

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Devourer - Ariston, Lucius, Pandora

At the bridge, Pandora performs a true miracle of maneuvering as she manages to avoid many tentacles snaps in the water with the slumbering whale that is the Devourer, undoubtedly saving the lives of many castaways on the packed ship. You feel a bit nauseous after changing the ship in so many directions in rapid succession, but you know you have done a good job as you look back and put the ship away from the imminent impact of the Leviathan against Kanro.

It's finally silent on the deck of the ship as Ariston and Lucius finally crack down on the control of the situation, besides the moaning of the sailor with the cracked jaw. The words of Ariston, combined with the appearance of Lucius and piloting skills of the adventurer on the bridge, are all enough to make the rabble of castaways fall in quickly at your commands as they scatter towards their appropriate posts, the unconscious provocateur is dragged to the infirmary.

Rust Wave - Erika, Keraun, Zegasi, Gozer, Bazroth, Victus

Your own castaways try to stay reasonably close to Bazroth as they man their stations, like the Word Bearer was a true lucky charm that would protect them from the Leviathan, even if that actually puts them in danger.

Thankfully this slight miscommunication doesn't have grave consequences as Erika the Red pushes the engines to the limit with the help of Gozer, achieving a safety distance from the Leviathan charge in the heavy weather, and narrowly avoiding a falling piece of Kanro's defensive wall that nearly cuts the ship in two. Your crew roars in tremendous approval.

The situation for orks is much less fortunate however, with only Zegasi rushing to help the falling Helikopta. For all the might a single astartes can muster, the orkish aircraft is still enourmous and heavier compared to you. The Sorcerer and the Kommandos keep trying until the very last moment, when they release the vehicle lest they be dragged down with it. With a huge splash Sky Git sinks deep into the World Ocean, never to be seen again.

The Kommando Nob stares at the waters for a few seconds before he turns his furious gaze at his Boyz, most of them cringing just at the sight of it. What proceeds after a few bloodied ork teeth fly in the air is a massive chewing on the Kommandos by their Nob, worthy of Imperial Guard lieutenants. Most of it is in pure Orkish so you don't understand, but here and there he lets slip out vulgarities in a brutalized Low Gothic.

Zegasi got a fair amount of DoS and only a few more was necessary to save the aircraft, but no one else in the deck bothered to help! With that, air support for the upcoming final battle is lost.

A Final Look at Kanro

With the immediate (and crushing) danger passed, both ships way out of the path of the abomination, you slow down to conserve fuel while still heading away from the chaotic battle going on behind.

The turrets continue firing non-stop at the creature, until in a moment of bestial cunning the Leviathan raises all its muscular fanged tentacles at once and bring them down simultaneously at the turret line, crushing the majority of them to a pulp as the main body finally reaches the city. With its titanic maw open wide, two entire sections of Kanro disappear in a single bite, letting out an ungodly noise of tons of metal being crushed together at once with brutal efficiency.

At this point half of the city is pure debris either sinking into the ocean or floating aimlessly around, with many fires starting on the intact half. The crew of the last Lascannon turret intact tries a final desperate plan, overcharging the scavenged power generator to the limit as the beast opens his maw again. The lascannon fires its last lasbolt as it also explodes in a big fireball, the powerful shot exploding inside the exposed mouth of the beast, powerful enough to shower gore and flesh in a hole at his back.

The Leviathan staggers and roars in agony before retreating back to the Furia's depths for the moment. By that point, both Devourer and Rust Wave are at a fair distance from the half-destroyed city, as do many other ships lucky and smart enough to do the same, scattering in all random directions away from Kanro.

There's no way to know what'll happen next, either the Leviathan gives up on Kanro and heads for easier pray, or regenerates under the waters and tries again. It is no matter, Kanro has exhausted it's usefulness for the Heretics, and they have another dangerous location to head towards.

With impressive 0 casualties in your forces after the desperate escape from a gargantuan Khornate hell-beast, both ships sail southwest towards the Grasp. While the seas are still blood-red, the weather normalizes the further your position from Kanro and the red lightning crackling above its skies.

2 Weeks of Voyage Later

The days to follow on the sea are peaceful by Furia's standards. With the Season of Blood still active both ship have their crews ever at the ready for any kind of movement spotted, but nothing of the sort happens, although there are a few tense moments on the third day, when two unknown ships the size of the Rust Wave seem to be heading to your position. Halfway they seem to change their minds, perhaps realizing your direction is toward The Grasp and they want nothing to do with such a cursed venture.

On the Devourer the Mek Boy doesn't take the news of the loss of their aircraft very well, until he discovers that the true fault was their own. He returns to maintnance work but even more grumpy at usual, although his orkification of the ship continues. Four castaways fed up with the foul greenskin presence try to ambush him on the engine room on the seventh day at the sea, the results are four castaway on the infirmary due to monkey wrench impacts and a slightly happier Mek Boy.

On the sunrise of the fourteenth day a twisted metal shape is spotted on the horizon, dark skies above it...

The Grasp

Everyone can consider their Infamy Points refreshed.

As both ships slowly approach it, the Heretics confirm the stories their crews told them before. In front of you stands an enormous structure of fused metal in the shape of a human hand, fingers curled as if grasping air. The structure seems to be composed of all kinds of twisted voidships, dark green and gothic of Imperial Navy, black/red and practical of Adeptus Mechanicus, smooth white wraithbone of Eldar Corsairs, pink flesh from Tyranids bioships, beige and dynamic of the Tau, amongst other unknown types, perhaps far too changed to identify the origins. The Grasp is similar to a molded space hulk, an air of something unnatural and malevolent hanging above it.

Getting closer and closer, the psyker Zegasi feels a bitter taste rising in his throat, and now and then thoughts of sudden violence toward anyone nearby you appear in your mind. You feel the barrier between reality and the Empyrean getting thinner and thinner...

The "palm" of the metal hand is very slightly tilted, allowing some waves to crash upon it and making it the only suitable location to disembark. The Devourer and the Rust Wave carefully dock and lower their forward boarding ramps toward it. When no obvious movement is spotted from the Grasp, the crews slowly ready themselves to disembark.

At that moment several tendrils and claws made from the cursed fused metal form all around you, and before any of the pilots can react, they all grab the scavenger ships with brutal strength and drag it from the water, metal grinding with the ground as it moves towards the center of the palm. The Heretics get a hold on whatever they can as they endure the ride.

The ships finally stop being dragged as the atmosphere around quickly changes, you feel the temperature raising like you were standing near a working forge, an air of violence infecting all of you. From every crack in the fused metal floor bright blood comes flooding out, making it shiny and sticky.

Daemonic creatures of all kind and size form a fair distance from your position. Flesh hounds, half daemon and half machine are spawned from the ground, quickly organizing in four great groups.

From the bigger pieces of wreck scattered in the grasp, daemon engines of the Blood God start to build themselves together. Until the deadly Blood Slaughterers are readied, all covered in khornate runes similar to the ones Gozer uses.

Finally, a rift in reality itself appears, five vicious and powerful bloodletters stepping out of it, the blood on the ground boiling as they step in it. One of them, the one in the middle, looks much larger and dangerous than the rest. Wearing actual daemonic armor and wielding two large hellblades instead of one.

The Heralds of Khorne stands proud amongst the daemonic horde, he yells various things in a terrible daemonic voice that makes your souls tremble, and the rest of the horde quickly organizes itself in formation as it moves toward the Heretics. A very faint red warp sphere forms around him and only him as he leads the march.

Welcome to the final battle in Furia!

Consider this the preparation phase of it, as I didn't even put your positions on the combat map above because I'll leave that to you. Leading one of the hordes from the front? Standing back and sniping people? Waiting a chance to strike as part of a second wave? Your choice.

Not even your own hordes are actually on the field, I just put them on the map to give you guys an idea of the size of them! Legend:
Light Blue - Castaways (Gray Dot is Yorial)
Blue - Elite Castaways
Light Green - Kommando Boyz (Green Dot is Nob)

Red - Flesh Hounds of Khorne, each horde being led by a Bloodletter at the front.
Big Brown - Blood Slaughterers
Dark Red/Red - Herald of Khorne

Battlefield Special Rules:
All Psykers get -1 PR and +10 to Perils
Chain/Tearing melee weapons deal +2 damage, get the Devastating (1) quality and are immune to Power Field
Ranged weapons deal -2 damage
-10 Agility due to entire floor being covered in blood, Daemons of Khorne are not affected by this
Chance of dying due to Blood Loss duplicated (For humans 10% -> 20%. For CSM 5 % -> 10%)

We are going to be using the Advanced Horde rules in Tome of Blood so humans can actually survive against hordes.

You can prepare the strategy you desire for this but in the end I want Initiative from you and a Fear (3) test when the combat starts.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 12, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Derp

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 14, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston watched from the Devourer's deck as Kanro fell, the Leviathan smashing its defenses with ease before savaging the settlement, the sound of plasteel and adamantine being sheared through by titanic jaws punctuated by the thunderclap of an overloaded lascannon and an inhuman bellow of pain. The silence that followed was deafening as the wounded creature sank beneath the waves and Kanro burned, but which of the two would prove the ultimate victor was beyond his concern..the latest castaway to join their cause had capably proved her skill and even now the ruins of Kanro were shrinking into the distance as they set a course across the blood-limned sea. The Grasp, and the freedom it promised, awaited them.

The weeks of monotonous sailing that followed were tedious by comparison. Ariston would have preferred to spend the time drilling their newest recruits for the task that lay ahead but the Devourer's crew was simply too ungainly and too unruly to properly train, and most of his time was spent patrolling the decks, quelling dissent and keeping them in line. The Mek Boy at least seemed content attending to the Devourer's engines, and while at times the sounds coming from the engine room made it seem as though the ship was on the verge of catastrophe it continued its journey unabated.

By the end of the second week both their food stores and fuel reserves were running dangerously low and even with the aid of Lucius and Yorial it seemed likely that mutiny would ensue before long, but soon thereafter the lookout reported sighting a vast structure in the distance and as they drew closer he could feel the change in the air, a crackling thinness that seemed to sharpen the senses, making colors and sounds seem both hyper-real and dreamlike. He could taste the ambient energy rippling just beneath the surface of reality, roiling with infinite possibility...and infinite misfortune.

The Warp. Ariston was no sorcerer but he had traveled far and wide in his crusade against the Imperium and he had felt this sensation many times before...on the journey between worlds, on far distant planets that the servants of the Corpse Emperor had no name for, on twisted and blighted battlefields millennia old. He laughed ruthlessly even as the Devourer's crew muttered prayers and beseechments to the Blood God while the Grasp itself appeared over the horizon, growing steadily closer. The legends were true after all. Here, then, was the means to their escape.

His satisfaction was to prove short-lived. As they approached the massive metal hand rising out of the ocean as though reaching for the stars the Devourer shuddered as though it had run aground, and then they were being pulled into the air as twisted tendrils erupted from the Grasp, ensnaring their ship and dragging it from the water before depositing it upon the hand's upturned palm. The scavengers shouted and swore, but Ariston's voice cut above the din of panic and screeching metal as he shouted at them to brace themselves. At last it ended, the Devourer groaning in protest at its rough treatment as he ordered the boarding ramps lowered and for the crew to arm themselves and make ready.

And not a moment too soon. All around them the structure began to glow with a furnace's light, the air growing hot and thick with the smell of copper and brass as blood seeped from the cracks in the metal surface from which an entire daemonic host began to manifest. Ariston could feel their overwhelming malevolence malevolence bearing down upon his mind and his soul...and he let it wash over him with contempt, hefting his heavy bolter and leaping from the Devourer's deck onto the structure below with a challenging roar, plating buckling beneath his armored boots.

"So, the gaolkeepers show themselves at last. Weapons ready! Move up!," he barked to the assembled scavengers and castaways as the daemonic host began to approach them. "Stand fast and do not falter! You stand upon the precipice of your salvation from this wretched world! Will you flee like cowards or will you fight for your freedom!? Only the strong survive! Let none oppose you, not even the Blood God himself!"

Rolling against Fear at an overall TN of 33 and I make it on the first try with a 26. Ariston continues to give no fucks about daemons. Initiative (counting Gozer's bonuses) is 18.

Yorial can have his Legion Chainsword back since we did technoheretical things to his bolter. ALSO if there's gonna be some shooting that happens before daemons get all up in our faces then I want in on that action. I'll hose down whatever target(s) Pandora shoots at in order to maximize our focus fire potential with the Legion heavy bolter at a base BS of 50 (BS 50, -10 for full auto, +10 aim) with other modifiers (size, distance, etc.) up to frajaq.

We have five Legion frag grenades to share and two Legion Krak grenades. All you Astartes, take some grenades. I'm laying claim to 1 frag and 1 krak, plus whatever anyone else doesn't want left over.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth waited for Ariston to finish speaking - he'd proven himself the de facto leader of their motely band, and the Word Bearer was content with that. He knew that they were facing considerable odds, but the men had stood their ground thus far - with his guidance.

"Indeed. Remember - the Lord of Skulls cares not from where they come. Let the very blood and bones of these creatures be our tribute to him! A parting gift, before we leave his planet forever!"

Turning off the laud-hailer, he stepped forward at the front of the largest contingent, raising both his mace and his voice as high as he could.

"But enough words. I offer you more than that. I will lead the charge myself. May the Gods bless all of us this day, and may we be seen fit to continue to tread upon the Path to Glory. So says the Book of Lorgar."

Initiative: 1d10+9 12
Fear Test: 2#1d100 75 2
Passed due to Unshakeable Will's re-roll. As usual, those under my command can re-roll as well.
Giving everyone, PC and NPC alike, Hatred: Khornate Daemons. Inspire Wrath, TN 90: 1d100 45
Bazroth's going to charge in with the "tarpit" of 350 crappy fighters, throwing around single swings at TN 80 (WS 60 + Hatred 10 + Single 10)
I have two grenades of my own left over, not claiming any more.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30 (10)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 19/19         Armour: 8 ALL
Dodge: 40, Parry 70      Corruption: 10

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+16E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw
Melee Opponents may not take Defensive Stance actions. 
Hatred: Khornate Daemons

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 11, 2015

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

The air was heavy with dread and warp-energy for miles around the Grasp, and any possibility of retreat vanished when it seized their ships and cast them aground. Dismounting with the others, Erika sets about shouting orders to the castaways as they disembark. They'd just started to file off the ships when the immense hordes of daemons began to rise in the distance. Erika's words died in her throat, suddenly lost in memories she'd been doing her best to suppress: explosions, daemon blades plunging into her chest, insane laughter and the awful, endless, alien hunger of a Greater Daemon.

Serge took a deep breath and steadied the tremble in his hands at the sight of the army that stretched before them. Nowhere to run, nothing to do but kill and hope Khorne took pity on their enthusiasm for this battle. If nothing else, this was a better way to go than thirst or falling overboard. He chuckled ruefully and glanced back to Erika. "Well, even if we all die here, at least it should be entertaining. Right, Captain?" Erika stood perfectly still, staring glassy-eyed at the immense, churning hordes. Serge frowned. "Mamzel? You there?...Typical. Frigging offworlders, all talk and no courage." He shrugged and joined the others; if she ever woke up, she'd join them eventually.

Erika Initiative: 18

Fear TN 25: 46, 2 DoF

Erika Shock: 71, The character is frozen in terror. He may take no Actions until he snaps out of it. After snapping out of it, the character
makes all tests with a –10 penalty for the rest of the Encounter.

Erika will make WP tests every turn until she snaps out of it, then move up with whatever friendly horde is closest.

Serge:

Minion Initiative: 17

Fear TN 13: 26, 1 DoF

Shock (Minion): 18, The character is badly startled. He may only take a single Half Action during his next Turn, but afterwards he may act normally.

Serge will move with whatever castaway horde is closest and torch daemons. His flamer does 1d5+5 damage to hordes.

pre:
Erika

WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP     Fel  
45     40    40     35      50      36     31    35      40

Wounds: 15/15    Infamy: 2/2    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+7
Movement: 5/10/15/30

SB: 4  TB: 3
Awareness: 41
Dodge: 50
Parry: 65

Armour: 0 Head, 5 to everything else.

Weapons: 
Bolt Pistol: Pistol; 30m; S/2/-; 1d10+5X; Pen 4; Ammo 8/8; Tearing; 4 Clips, 1 6/8 Clip, -2 Damage

GQ Chainsword: Melee; 1d10+2R; Pen 2; Tearing, Balanced, Good Quality (+5 WS), +2 Damage, Devastating (1)

Power Sword: Melee; 1d10+5E; Pen 5; Power Field, Balanced, Poor Quality 

Special Abilities:
Maniacal Narcissist WS (ToE pg33): Gain +20 instead of +10 when spending Infamy to add to chosen test type; if test is failed, 
must pass -20 WP test or attempt again (if possible). If failed again, -10 WP until I either succeed or the session ends.

Creature of Comfort: -10 Penalty to all tests involving using Poor items/services.

Noteworthy combat traits: 
Quick and the Dead

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness +10, Dodge, Parry+10

Combat talents:
Counter Attack, Disarm, Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Rapid Reaction, Sure Strike, Swift Attack, Enemy (Imperial Navy), Hatred: Khornate Daemons
pre:
Serge

22    18    21     32      23      13     18    23      12

Wounds: 15/15     Fatigue Level: 0    Loyalty: 50 (40+10)     Initiative: 1d10+2
Movement: 2/4/6/12

SB: 2  TB: 3
Awareness: 1
Dodge: 23
Parry: 22

Armour: 4 All

Weapons: 

Flamer: Basic; 20m; S/-/-; 1d10+4E; Pen 2; Ammo 12/12; Flame, Spray, Backpack Tank, Melee Attachment;  -2 Damage

Spear (Melee Attachment): Melee; 1d10R; Pen 0; Primitive (8)

Skills: Dodge, Parry, Intimidate, Stealth

Combat talents:
Lightning Reflexes, Rapid Reload, Quick Draw, Hatred: Khornate Daemons

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Gozer is below deck for most of the journey, doing what he can to keep the ship running and squeezing every bit of fuel efficiency out of the engines as he can. He was still under the intoxicating effects off all the handiwork he had done while on Kanro, and was relishing in the tactile sensations of dissembling and reassembling the engine and various other mechanisms. He is below deck during the worst of the Leviathan attack, and does not witness the full extent of the destruction.

His weeks are spent under-deck his robes quickly turning black from all the oils being spilled on them from the engine, the thrumming of the engines like a tribal beat driving him on, and the smell of lubricants like perfume. Finally the word comes in from above deck that the Grasp is in sight, and he finally comes up upon deck.

What greets him is a beautiful sight. What the locals see as an ill omen he takes in with tears in his eyes, glad that he did not have them replaced yet. Here the pure power of Khorne leaks through from the Emperyan, forming metal and flesh alike into a true avatar of his wrath; a giant, almost brass, fist with which to crush his enemies. Gozer looks at his own hand, recently gifted by Khorne, and feels an immediate connection with the looking colossus before them. His hand begins to pulse, the pulse turning into an itch, and the desire to tear apart something starts to take control, luckily his augmented mind keeps the emotions in check.

When the tendrils grasp and drag the ship he gives a little chuckle about the name of the location, but that tone quickly changes as he sees the creatures before them. He immediately realizes that he has just got them killed. He remembered his fear against the single plague drone they fought so many weeks ago. He an army of daemons is arrayed against them, Daemon engines and all, and they a small group of sailors that are barely combat worthy. They would all die here.

But even if they die here, at least he would send some of the things back to Khorne. He takes a position on the forefront of the massed enemies and speaks to his peers, "Tactical assessment is Poor. They have us on equal numbers but superior power. I suggest we form ranks back here on the ships and let them charge us, firing upon them with ranged weaponry to weed out their numbers as much as possible. I suggest we focus fire on the bloodletters leading the packs, as they may be easy targets. Do not fire upon the Herald, it has a demonic shield around it that is Highly resistant to ranged damage, and much less so to melee. Save your shots for targets easier to kill."

Fear 3 roll TN of 26: 1d100 89
shock table: 1d100+50 57
FL daemonology roll TN of 86: 1d100 60
Initiative: 1d10+11 19

Uh, I advocate we just take potshots at the stuff until they come to us. Since I knocked it out of the park on my Daemonology test I must share the following:

frajaq posted:

they're spooky and scary, but the important thing is that the Herald of Khorne has a 60 force field against ranged attacks and a 25 to melee attacks that doesn't overload

I advocate that those with strong ranged weapons focus on the bloodletters. Remember, they have warp instability, so if they take damage and don't deal any during the next turn, which they won't since they're running at us, they take even more damage if they fail a WP test; it will greatly soften them up on the way. I think all us strong melee users, IE those with power weapons, stay together and just beat the poo poo out of the Herald when he comes. Otherwise just going to semi-auto at the hordes on their way hoping to weaken at least some of them.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
42   37   35   40   28   66   40   36   35   22             
Wounds: 15/15                Armour: 7 legs/Body
Dodge: 28, Parry 62          Corruption: 13
Infamy Point: 2/2

Las Carbine: range:75 Rof: s/2/- Dam 1d10+3E Pen:0 Rld:half spcl: reliable
HAND OF KHORNE!:Dam:2D10+5 Pen: 8

Talents:
Die Hard
Bulging biceps
Iron Jaw
Combat formation

Traits
Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Werix posted:

I advocate that those with strong ranged weapons focus on the bloodletters. Remember, they have warp instability, so if they take damage and don't deal any during the next turn, which they won't since they're running at us, they take even more damage if they fail a WP test; it will greatly soften them up on the way. I think all us strong melee users, IE those with power weapons, stay together and just beat the poo poo out of the Herald when he comes. Otherwise just going to semi-auto at the hordes on their way hoping to weaken at least some of them.

Yeah, I agree with this. Pandora and Ariston can and will hose stuff down from range, focus-firing on the Bloodletters is as good a target choice as any. Meanwhile I think the crew from the Rust Wave should stay on the deck of the ship and use it as a firing platform to shoot with their autoguns until they get forced into melee. The 350 strong trash mob is, according to frajaq, melee only though so they have to suck it up but Bazroth can help keep them whipped into shape and also tune fools with that Crozius. Then like Werix says, once we don't have a choice we all just gang up on the Herald et al and curbstomp them with the biggest, meanest melee stuff we have.

Dunno what to do with the Kommandos though.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Keraun the Stormbringer

The Crimson Fist stands there, his chainaxe held loosely in one hand. Oddly, in this moment, he felt no fear; as the others around him dealt with the shock of the creatures before them, Keraun felt only the focus of battle. His heart beat in his chest in time with the war drums that should have been playing, and a look of grim determination covers his scarred face. He takes a single step forward, taking a deep breath through clenched teeth, his mouth filled with the iron taste of blood. His vision pulses with his heartbeat, blurring at the edges, and he locks eyes with the herald before him. The beast was massive, and the beast was mighty, and the beast sought to destroy everything before them. There would be no negotiations here. There would be no retreat. And deep down, this filled the marine with a cold pleasure.

Keraun did not know if the Emperor was still with him anymore, or if he even believed in such a being anymore. But at the moment, he had no prayers for the Emperor on his lips. Taking another, longer step forward, the marine tightens his grip on his chainaxe; hanging at his belt were his power sword and chainsword, but at the moment, he knew they were not the right tools for the job. He knew that the axe, the weapon of this beast's master, was the correct choice in this matter.

His strides grow quicker, and he ignores his fellows behind him. They would think him a lunatic, a moron, but he knew what he was destined for. His feet begin to pound on the blood stained floor, and as he pushes past the crowd, he catches a glimpse of one of the crew holding up something, something meant to catch his eye. The berserker grins and holds his fist out, catching the axe tossed to him even as he picks up speed. He turns his eyes back to the monstrosity, lowering his shoulders to build momentum. A cry bursts from his lips, no words to it, just raw emotion as he flicks the chain weapons on, their roar forming a symphony with his battle cry.

Would this charge cause the other daemons to surge forward? Was this where he would die? Keraun did not care. All he could hear was his own frustrated cry for battle, the roar of his weapons, and the sound of his armored feet pounding against the blood-slicked metal of the platform. Before him lay a battle he could have only dreamed of, a battle that dwarfed his treason in millennia past; he would do right here. He would face his penance.

Charging the herald. +10 from hatred and +30 from charge. Standard attack with both weapons since I think that's what it got errata'd to. I have Flesh Render so roll three die for the damage and take highest. I have Fearless, so no fear penalty.

My ultimate plan is to disarm one of the weapons from the herald and fight him with it, and I will take this so far as to just punch this fucker until he is dead if it comes to that.

[21:47] <Dyne> .roll 1d10+9 initiative
[21:47] <imouto> Dyne: 16 (1d10+9=7)

pre:
WS: 60      S: (9)50     T:(9) 55
AG: 37      WP: 45       IP: 2/2

Wounds: 21/21         Armour: 10, All
Dodge: 37, Parry 80      Corruption: 7

Chainsword: 1d10+3+11 R, 3 Pen, Tearing, Balanced
Legion Power Sword: 1d10+6+11 E, 6 Pen, Power Field, Balanced
Chainaxex2: 1d10+5+11+2, 3 Pen, Tearing
Fists: 1d10+11, 0 Pen

Relevant Traits/Talents:
Furious Assault: May spend reaction to duplicate attack from All Out Attack.
Berserk Charge: Charge grants +30.
Flesh Render: Tearing rolls 3d10, discarding lowest two dice.
Street Fighting: Add WS to critical damage.
Combat Master: Do not grant a bonus when ganged up on.
Weapon Tech: May add Int Bonus to attacks with power weapons.
Swift Attack
Fearless

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

One would expect to find daemons on a planet within a warp storm, particularly near a portal through the Immaterium to some far-off location. But Zegasi hadn't quite expected so many. Hundreds? Thousands? For several moments, his mind snapped in terror at their animosity towards the group, towards him in particular as a psyker.

I'll be sticking with the 350, mostly due to solidarity with Yorial.

Willpower (-10), TN 55: 1d100 72 Yeah, that's bad.
Willpower (-10), TN 55, Infamy Reroll: 1d100 65 Real bad - still 2 DoF and thus +20 on the shock table.
Shock (+20): 1d100+20 117 Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow.

Ouch. Given that the nearby results (ie, +/- my Infamy score) are still arguably worse (running away, limited to Half Actions, or MurderDeathKill to my allies), I'll stick with the printed result of unconscious for 1d5 rounds, then -10 to rolls for the encounter.

Unconsciousness: 1d5 5 ...and the dice roller continues to poo poo on me. Carry on! :nallears:

Initiative: 1d10+9 19 At least I can be super fast when I do get up.

pre:
60     25   40[+20]  40     45     50     40     65     35

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 0/1    Fatigue: 0    Initiative: 1d10+9

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 70 Sight/Sound, 60 Else
Dodge/Parry: 45/70
Armor: 0 Head, 8 Arms/Body/Legs.

Relevant Skills: Athletics, Awareness, Common Lore (War), Dodge,
Parry, Psyniscience +10

Relevant Talents: Ambidextrous, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight), Legion Weapon Training, Lightning/Swift Attack,
Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison), Unarmed Warrior

Relevant Traits: Amphibious, Psy Rating 4, Unnatural Strength/Toughness +4

Psychic Powers: Doombolt, Mind Over Matter, Precognition, Precognitive Dodge,
Precognitive Strike, Precision Telekinesis, Warptime

Likely Weapons:
Legion Chainsword (Melee; 1d10+13R; Pen 3; Tearing, Balanced)
Legion Bolt Pistol (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 5; Ammo 8; Rld Full; Warp Weapon, Blast (2), Poor Quality
  Loaded with Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts, Warp Weapon does not function against non-living targets.
Warp Staff (Melee; 1d10+10I; Pen 0; Balanced, Shenanigans)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Feet planted to begin the charge, a quick look at the assembled host behind him made clear that some were beginning to have second thoughts. Bazroth took off his helmet, leaving it under one arm as he went back to the laud hailer.

"I see. Now that the very hour of our departure is at hand, you squander your chance at it out of... what? Self-preservation?"

At the back of the main formation, he plucked out a shivering deckhand, barely able to keep a grip on his autopistol from sheer terror at the daemons ahead of him. He was young - a child forced to become a man in response to his terrible surroundings. He was dragged back towards the amplifier, too frightened to do any more than mutter. Bazroth's eyes, usually exceptionally inviting, looked cruel and focused. And predatory.

"I've watched planets set themselves on fire at my command. And they obeyed because of this one fundamental truth: there is nothing that will preserve you from me."

Lifting his example by the neck, he started to squeeze, until hoarse and muffled cries turned to silence - soon replaced by the cracking of bones and ruptures of muscle and flesh. The mouthpiece of the hailer, held to the wretch by the Word Bearer's other hand, amplified it all.

"I will not be denied again. Do not think that I will be this merciful to those who would retreat when I have the liberty of time - and I will, because we will be victorious despite you. The Dark Prince will guide my hand towards extremes of pain hitherto unheard of, and Nurgle will himself ensure that you are denied his tender mercy until I am satisfied. Now prepare yourselves!"

No more Fear.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 13, 2015

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

The Word Bearers had been famed for their oratory ever since the Great Crusade, and as an Iron Snake Zegasi had certainly heard tale of their dark powers at speechcraft. But seeing it in the flesh? That was something else. None could deny that Bazroth, standing with helmet under one arm and laud hailer in the other, held the attention of all. [:allears:] And luckily for Zegasi, the speech - even if it seemed a titch overwrought - pulled his mind back from the brink, and let him regain focus.

"Forgive me, Yorial, for I have had better months. Slamming into a Space Hulk, nearly killed by Genestealers, waking up with only power trousers, and dealing with various locals with blood on their minds..." The sorcerer trailed off, shaking his head quickly. "Present company excluded, of course. And of all people who can get me to clear my head, he is a Word Bearer. Part of the first Legion to join the forces of Chaos. Considering what my goals are, and what opinions I hold of the Imperium, Bazroth certainly has talent."

Zegasi smiled, eyes tracking the onrushing minions of Khorne. "So shall we not take our fill of the combat before he gets any other ideas? If I shall die here, at least I should have comrades standing by my side."

:toot: for that, frajaq and Jolinaxas. I was rather annoyed at those dice results considering that it'd put me out of the combat for five whole rounds, so not being a load on everyone else is quite appreciated.

Zegasi will have his chainsword and warp staff out regardless. If they're within 60m, Half Action to use Doombolt (unfettered) on the nearest Bloodletter at TN 80 (65 Base + 15 PR), then Half Action to aim. Otherwise, Full Action to reestablish Warptime at TN 70 (65 Base + 15 PR - 10 difficulty). As always, let me know if doubles occur.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

Erika snapped out of her haze at the first amplified sounds of neck-snapping, the terror banished by a shuddering wave of pleasure. What a wonderful sound it was; after all the time spent staring at an empty ocean as they sailed to the Grasp, she'd almost forgotten it . She'd never hear it again if she died here. That's all the motivation she needed. Daemon-possession, revenge and plunder were long-term plans; for now, she just wanted to hurt something.

Grinning, she stepped up to the front lines and drew her bolt pistol and chainsword. "Thank you for reminding me of the simple pleasures that make life bearable, Bazroth. Now then: I think they want bloodshed. I think we can arrange that for them."

Thank the Dark Gods for Word Bearers.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Initiative: 14 My initiative is probably higher because I didn't count Gozer's bonuses and will be revised later. REVISION - Initiative is now 17. Base roll of 6 + 2 QatD + 1 CF + 8 Gozer = 17.

Still gotta make dat Fear test, even if what I rolled would've been retroactively snuffed (unless it's death. We're rolling to see if I die, basically). Fear @ TN 23: 41, so 2 DoF.

Shock roll - 53, so that's... Well, I'm lacking my rulebook at the moment and I'd really love to post instead, so I'll play it out and use the speech. 53 is not an insta-gib result anyway, and it looks like the ol' "Can't approach object of fear and make -10 to your checks" thing that Ronwayne posted. I can do that.

Looking upon the Daemon Engine, Victus felt nothing but pure dread and fear - he knew that if he approached it, his end would come upon him. Still though, he could not keep it out of his mind. No matter what he did, he felt that the engine was always on the periphery of his vision, always threatening him with death at any moment. The thought of such was simply too much for him to remain focuses on the task at hand which (from the looks of it) resembled more survival than it did fighting.

He looked down at his armor. Shiny and newly refreshed, he might be able to survive at least one more hit than he was able to previously against that Nob. Not that it mattered now - they were nominally on the same side. Regardless, he now possessed two weapons - the better to blend his enemies into paste with. He was not 100% of where he was before the Warp cast him out onto this planet, but the group he was with made him feel much more than that. Still, the ever gnawing fear on his mind from that engine...

...And then Bazroth spoke, and he spoke with such authority, such clarity, such power that it reminded him of the day he came into Chaos, came into the worship of all of the Dark Gods. He felt their presence through the laud hailer, and he felt their joy, mirth, pity, and hatred reverberate through the air. Khorne was certainly strong here, but either way he would get his blood. The subtle machinations of the other Gods through the warband, though, would certainly help them to spite Khorne today.

Looking up to Bazroth, Victus raised his swords in the air and crossed them, revving his chainsword like a madman. "For Chaos Undivided! FOR THE DARK GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!! he howled through the air. His mind was beginning to come unchained with hatred for these foolish servants - so unchained, a strange idea came upon him. Victus cast his glance at the Kommando Nob after his roar.

"Ork, do you know what's more fun than a fair fight?" Victus asked, but waited just a second or two for the Ork to comprehend the thought before Victus answered "An unfair fight. I get the sense that you can be pretty cunning and sneaky, and I can too. Why don't we hit them when they don't expect it? Their last thoughts will be about how clever we are as we knock out their teeth with our boots. If your boys aren't as inclined to knife-work as you and I are, then we can think of something to do while they fire non-stop."

"Oh, and that little knife of mine that you have? I'm getting the feeling that it might be a little more effective here in the presence of all of this blood. Feel free to use it if you need to. If you don't want it, I'll be more than happy to borrow it. I'll even give it back to you if we both live after this fight without you needing to kick my teeth out... Of course, we can have a proper fight over it again, if you want another go." Victus added, smiling.

I am not sure how we can do it, but I think that since Kommandos are sneaky and so am I, we should try to come up with a sneaky way to attack - maybe as part of a stealthily concealed second wave that can flank and gang up on individuals so we can curb-stomp them like a proper mob of hooligans.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 15, 2015

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

The battle lines were drawn, the speeches were made, and now it was the tiny eternity before battle where man and mutant were forced to ponder their mortality. For the massed pirates, mutated as they were, the vision in front of them was that of death itself. Their very god arrayed his armies to oppose them, and only the confidence of their leaders kept them from fleeing in terror. Amongst the powerful who stood in the lead, reactions were as varied as the personalities. A few relished the challenge, while others prepared with cold calculation.

Lucius stood his ground and looked across the bloodthirsty horde with curiosity. "What makes this place important enough to need an army of demons to guard it's shores? And daemon engines too? Who bound those things? Or did somebody leave tanks here?" The tip of his filthy blade traces lines in the ground as his eyes move on their stalks, above the heads of his companions. "And they are organized, not a mindless berserk horde. Ariston, I think the daemon engines need to be disabled or distracted first. I'll try and use the orks to sweep the right flank."

Going to try and encourage the orks to take a flank and chew it up so that a daemon engine can be engaged and destroyed.

[17:35] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 35 fear test
[17:35] <imouto> FireSight: vs 35 fear test: 30 (1d100=30)
Test passed

[21:32] <~FireSight> .roll 1d10+10 init
[21:32] <imouto> FireSight: init: 16 (1d10+10=6)

pre:
50   30   40   60   42   32   41   35   30    18               
Wounds: 20/20                Armour: 3 Arms/Body
Dodge: 42, Parry 50          Corruption: 13
Infamy Point: 1/1

Plague Knife: 1d10R Pen 2 Felling 4 Toxic 3
Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 7/8 Tearing, Unreliable
Melee Attachment: 1d10R Primitive(8)

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Resistance (Fear, Poisons)
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)
Eye-Stalks (+1 to head crits)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Armies Clash

With a daemonic horde charging toward the now-stranded ships, the Heretics quickly scramble towards their positions of the bloody battle to come. The more trained castaways from the Rust Wave move to the deck of the Devourer, where Pandora starts reading her extremely modified stalker bolter, laying prone on the ground and adjusting the scope used to Astartes eyes.

Meanwhile, the mob of castaways from the Devourer set down on the metal bleeding ground, most of the Heretics following suit. The gigantic mob of men and women mostly follow the Word Bearer as he leads then from the front.

Ariston, with Plaga's heavy bolter in his hands, lets out a stream of bolter rounds on the upcoming Bloodletters, but they are either avoided or completely miss. The members of the warband on top of the deck have more luck whoever, while Pandora's first shot misses horribly, the second kraken round connects with almost perfection on one of the Bloodletter's torso, even daemonic flesh taking a huge hit from an accurate bolt round, exploding an enormous hole in the daemon chest. He staggers before desperately running towards the sniper, but the warp itself takes him due to not quickly spilling the blood of such a coward that hit him from afar. (Pandora deals 17 damage. Bloodletter fails Warp Instability test with a natural 100, note that the daemons get a bonus to this test since they're at their homeground.)

The elite castaways fire their autoguns in single shot volleys, one after the other towards the other bloodletter nearby. While one bullet is nothing towards a powerful daemon of khorne, sustained fire from an entire squad dedicated to bringing it down at all costs. Step by step the bloodletter flesh is stripped away by the massive amount of bullets going towards his direction alone, until he is no more. (Elite Castaway horde spends all their Ranged Attack killing a Bloodletter.)

On the ground, a good amount of the Heretics themselves are understandably shocked in varying degrees at the terrifying daemon horde and engines rushing towards then, but thankfully the Dark Apostle Bazroth knocks them away from their momentarily stupor with terrible words and promises of violence, managing to be more scary than the daemons in front of them. The Word Bearer restores order but the affected Heretics nonetheless are delayed in their actions.

In ground blessed and cursed by the Blood God, it's not easy to focus on psychic energies, but Zegasi nonetheless achieves it, even after being paralyzed with pure fear a few seconds ago, making his way nearby Yorial as his entire body crackles with blue lightning, improving his combat capabilities. (You cast Warptime no problem.)

With Erika slowly returning to reality after Bazroth's words, her bodyguard Serge spends a few minutes thinking if it was worth risking his life even with his boss unaware of what was going around her, before finally deciding that he could put his flamer to put good use to impress her. (Serge passes Loyalty test to act in combat without being nearby Erika.)

Lucius and Victus both make their way towards the Ork Kommandos to know exactly how the greenskins were gonna participate in fight. The Kommando Nob laughs at the question before snorting. "Oh we'z gonna be unfaire and Kunnin' in our own way, pay close attenshun when these kaos dogs get near us." he then turns to Victus directly. "Hah! Nice try at getting ur spiky blade back, not a chance hummie! I know youz tricks!"

Gozer's internal cogitators work at maximum power allowed as the Heretek runs a thousand different tacticals situations and combat formations at once, desperately searching for the most appropriate one for the war band right now, as he yells precise orders to sustain the upcoming charge.

The warband is entirely ready and in order as the Daemons are almost in charging range, when the lone Keraun charges on his own like a madman towards the Herald of Khorne, with absolutely no support. Any words that reach his ears are filtered out to thoughts of pure violence toward the Herald of Khorne in front of the ex-Crimson Fist. Two chainaxes roaring, he speeds toward the Herald, who seemingly accepts this wordless challenge, as he yells orders to the horde before meeting Keraun head-on. Chainaxes and Hellblades meet, sparks flying as the enemy easily parries the attack. The hundreds of Flesh Hounds , remaining Bloodletters and Blood Slaughters ignore the lone Berserker.

The Flesh Hounds charge simultaneously with terrifying results, in mere seconds a hundred of the castaways on the ground are simply ripped apart with furious bites and claws, a wave of red daemonic flesh around them. The Daemon Engines do their work too, big titan blades carving or flinging humans part aside as they advance deeper into the mob. Total Magnitude damage to Castaway Horde is 109, but they pass the Willpowe test to not break and run due to 25% of them getting killed in one round.

From the front, Bazroth musters all the strength possible for one sweeping strike with his accursed crozius, and flesh hounds are sent spiraling in the air, faces and bodies destroyed by the Word Bearer. (Bazroth gets 12 DoS with his attack, +1 mag from power field weapon. Total 8 Magnitude Damage with one standard attack. One of the remaining Bloodletters notices this amidst the chaos of the battle and rushes toward him, thrusting forward his Hellblade to eliminate Bazroth. The Heretic feels massive burning pain as the daemonic blade easily bypasses your power armor protection and almost carves your left arm away. (Since you used your Reaction to Terrify the rest of the team, you couldn't parry the Bloodletter Charge, you receive 12 Damage.)

Serge sprays down flame at the hounds, but their hide and daemonic resilience make only a few of them drop down in flames, Erika finally catching up on her bodyguard's position. (Serge deals 2 Magnitude Damage)

Still with his heavy bolter in his hands in the middle of humans fighting for their lives, Ariston sprays down more bolt rounds on the daemons, exploding and felling only a small amount of them. (Ariston is just not lucky with this heavy bolter, even with Storm of Iron you only deal 5 Magnitude damage.)

On the north side of the battlefield, Yorial nearby Zegasi tries to keep the flesh hounds at bay to avoid being further flanked, even carving some of the hounds with his returned chainsword, "It's understandable Sorcerer, lend me your aid if you will, this side of the formation cannot collapse!" (He deals 3 Magnitude Damage)

At the south position of the battlefield, the Nob starts yelling orders as the flesh hounds get closer. "Alright boyz, Stikkbombs out! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand NOW! FLY DEM!" The Kommandos throw a simultaneous volley of stikkbombs, most of them striking true in the middle of the daemons and exploding, making bodies and pieces of gore fly in the air. (Deals 20 Magnitude Damage.) The Nob smirks and turns to Victus and Lucius. "Now whadya tellz ya! Brutal AND Kunnin'! They never saw it comin' I- ARRGHHH" the greenskin leader avoids by centimeters getting his head chopped off by a Hellblade. The Nob pulls out Victus's ex-blade and engages the daemon of khorne, throwing as many insults as possible at him. Meanwhile the Kommandos actually manage to stand their ground against the flesh hound's charge at their position.

From the top of the deck, Pandora spots an unwelcome sight, the Blood Slaughterer daemon engine on the north is not actually engaging the frenzy on the center, but instead is moving towards your position, alongside the rest of the trained castaways.

Light Blue - Castaways (Gray Dot is Yorial)
Blue - Elite Castaways
Light Green - Kommando Boyz (Green Dot is Nob)

Red - Horde of Flesh Hounds of Khorne, +30 to hit
Dark Red - Bloodletters, +10 to hit
Big Brown - Blood Slaughterers, +30 to hit
Dark Red/Red - Herald of Khorne, +10 to hit

INITIATIVE

Gozer 19
Zegasi 19
Castaways 19
Ariston 18
Erika 18
Serge 17
Victus 17
Lucius 16
Keraun 16
Herald of Khorne 16
Pandora 15
Elite Castaways 15
Bloodletters 14
Bazroth 12
Orks 12
Hounds of Khorne 6
Blood Slaughterers 5

To avoid combat slogging things down, write your actions for like 2 Rounds instead of just 1. I'll of course "pause" if something important happens that may make players re-think their actions.

edit: fixed some stuff

frajaq fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 17, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

Gozer is rallied by the Word Berer's sermon, though he realizes he is way to high value for the Marine to ever risk killing the heretek even for cowardness. He is remarkably calm as his combat cogitator takes over, scanning the incoming forces, extrapolating battle plans based on known Khornate behavior, and taking into account the skill of those involved. He relays his tactical suggestions, with those more inclined towards leadership translating them into orders. He is emboldened by the sight of two of the blootletters being returned to the warp, but as the mass of flesh hounds and daemon engines crash upon the castaways Gozer is made aware of just how fragile they were.

It was only a batter of time until they shatter, choosing death in the waves over slaughter by the followers of Khorne embodying his War aspect. Hoping to take advantage of the large mob, he does the craziest thing he has ever done and closes to engage the Blood Slaughterer, his daemonic hand raking across it's surface.

Okay, I'm going to basically pile up on that blood slaughterer near me and keep hitting it until it dies, I die, or all the castaways acting as meat shields breaks. My pen actually neutralizes the armor, which is good, but god drat that TB and HP on it. I have to roll an 8 on 2d10 to do just one wound to it, so this should be fun. If it hits me I'm basically dead.

Assuming half action aim and standard attack I'll be hitting at a 82. Parry is below. Parry the daemon engine where possible, if not then try and fail a dodge.

pre:
42   37   35   40   28   66   40   36   35   22             
Wounds: 15/15                Armour: 7 legs/Body
Dodge: 28, Parry 62          Corruption: 13
Infamy Point: 2/2

Las Carbine: range:75 Rof: s/2/- Dam 1d10+3E Pen:0 Rld:half spcl: reliable
HAND OF KHORNE!:Dam:2D10+5 Pen: 8

Talents:
Die Hard
Bulging biceps
Iron Jaw
Combat formation

Traits

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Gritting his teeth at his new wound, Bazroth resettled his grip on the crozius and said a silent prayer to Khorne's enemies. From the Lord of Lies he sought the wisdom to deceive the brutish daemons at their own specialty, and from Slaanesh he asked the skill to strike with perfection. Bringing the crackling mace high for what seemed like an unsubtle hammer blow, he suddenly dropped it and swung in an upward arc at the underbelly of the bloodletter.

If the Bloodletter that damaged him is alive, Bazroth will:
Spend a half-action to Feint it (TN 70,WS 60 + Hatred 10)
Spend a half-action swinging at it (TN 80,WS 60 + Hatred 10 + Single Swing 10)
If not, he'll wade into a horde and All-Out Attack, since he can't dodge/parry them anyway (TN 130,WS 60 + Hatred 10 + AOA 30 + Size 30)
Willing to spend infamy only to avoid death.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30 (10)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 07/19         Armour: 8 ALL
Dodge: 40, Parry 70      Corruption: 10

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+16E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw
Melee Opponents may not take Defensive Stance actions. 
Hatred: Khornate Daemons

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Amidst the sound of explosions and bolt rounds detonating, of autoguns firing and chainswords revving, of men shouting and screaming and killing and dying, Ariston the Hekatonkheir was once again in his element. This was where he truly belonged, not cooped up on some rusting ship but on the field of battle surrounded by furious combat and the dead and dying. He had known war his whole life, all the many long centuries of it, and he would know it for many more still if he had his way. Not even the Blood God's minions would sway him from the crusade he had committed himself to countless years ago.

But for now, he had a different battle to win.

"Fight! Fight you miserable curs!," he shouted to the Devourer's crew over the din of battle, pushing his helmet's vox-amplifier to its limit just to be heard. "Did you imagine this would be a simple task!? Stand your ground and kill for your freedom! Spite the Blood God and his pets! Or die a coward's death!"

He muttered a vile oath as Plaga's heavy bolter sought to defy him, the heavy weapon proving itself to be unruly. No doubt the machine-spirit held some resentment towards him for slaying its former master. Ariston knew only one way to handle such disobedience...giving the recalcitrant weapon a sharp blow with the heel of his armored gauntlet to bring it back in line, he swung the heavy weapon towards one of the baying packs of daemon-hounds savaging the Devourer's crew and with a defiant roar he pulled the trigger.

If we're planning two moves ahead I suppose mine are simple enough...I'll use both turns to do the same thing, Half Action to aim and Half Action to full-auto away at the 56/64 horde. That's an overall TN 90 (BS 50, -10 full auto, +10 aim, +10 short range, +30 horde size).

If the worst comes to pass and the Heavy Bolter jams then I'll drop it and draw both my regular bolter and my power sword (I can one-hand the bolter now thanks to my recently acquired armor mods) and attack the same horde instead using the underbarrel flamer to start off with. Storm of Iron adds +3 to any ranged magnitude damage I do so there's that too.

pre:
Ariston
WS 60, BS 50, S 40 [+20], T 40, Agi 40 [+10]
Int 35, Per 35 [+15], Will 43, Fel 45 

Wounds: 21/21, SB 8 [10], TB 8, Armor 7 All
Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70, Movement 5/10/15/30

Skills: Athletics, Awareness +10, Command, Dodge,
Intimidation +10, Parry +10, Stealth

Talents: Air of Authority, Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Adeptus Astartes), Hatred (Adeptus Astartes, 
Imperial Guard), Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded, Legion Weapon Training, Lightning Reflexes
Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poison)
Storm of Iron, Swift Attack, Unarmed Warrior, Unshakeable Will

Traits:, Amphibious, Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
Spectral Haunter: Penalties to hit you/bonuses to Stealth Checks
that combat circumstances grant based on visual hindrances are 
increased by 20.
Abhorrence Unchained: When you kill a foe you have Hatred for,
make a +10 Infamy test to gain Fear (2) and +1 damage to a maximum
of +10 against enemies of that type for the remainder of the encounter.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
-Basic 100m S/3/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 24 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Combi-Flamer Attachment
-Basic 20m S/-/- 1d10+9E Pen 4 Clip 1 Rld 2 Full Special: Flame, Spray
Legion Heavy Bolter
-Heavy 150m -/-/6 1d10+12X Pen 5 Clip 42 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 8 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
-Melee 1d10+16E Pen 6 Special: Power Field, Balanced, 8 uses
Legion Frag Grenades
-Thrown 24m S/-/-  2d10+2X Pen 0 Special Blast (4)
Legion Krak Grenades
-Thrown 24m S/-/- 2d10+8X Pen 6

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Finding himself in a gap between battles, Lucius had time to look at what was happening around him. The orks seemed unwilling to have the battle plan well in hand, their brute strength and toughness matching that of the daemons they faced. Either they would win, or they would be ground down. But the mutants were being mowed down by the massive blades of the daemon engine to his left. A moments hesitation saw a dozen men sliced in half. The orks would have to fight on their own, the daemon engine needed to die before they could turn the battle.

Stopping suddenly, the nurglite reached through a slit in skin cloak that he wore, finding one of the flasks at his belt. Inside it was a corrosive liquid he had found pooling inside the Rust Wave during the journey over, and saved for a situation like this. He just needed to apply it to his blade... and carefully...

Survival roll at +10 to give my weapon the Corrosive quality for DoS number of turns.

[10:43] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 61 survival
[10:43] <imouto> FireSight: vs 61 survival: 81 (1d100=81)
[10:43] <~FireSight> gently caress
[10:47] <~FireSight> .roll 1d100 vs 61 survival
[10:47] <imouto> FireSight: vs 61 survival: 10 (1d100=10)

Takes both my turns, but now the weapon has Corrosive for 6 rounds.

pre:
50   30   40   60   42   32   41   35   30    18               
Wounds: 20/20                Armour: 3 Arms/Body
Dodge: 42, Parry 50          Corruption: 13
Infamy Point: 1/1

Plague Knife: 1d10R Pen 2 Felling 4 Toxic 3
Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 8/8 Tearing, Unreliable
Melee Attachment: 1d10R Primitive(8)

Talents:
Die Hard
Disarm
Resistance (Fear, Poisons)
Sure Strike

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)
Eye-Stalks (+1 to head crits)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Pandora Fiasco

"Boom goes the dynamite." Pandora smiles, ejecting another spent round. For awhile after her meetup with the warband she had sensed something amiss. No on had died en masse in a spectacular manner and she had been waiting for the other shoe to drop...and then the wave of demons hits the dudes. Holy poo poo. She tilts her head to the side slightly, to avoid someone's kidney flying past her head, and takes aim at that big thing that seems more interested in her than the huge chunk of munchies. She turns to the others who are focusing on the hordes down there. "Uh guys, there's a huge demon vehicle coming RIGHT OUR WAY over there!" She gestures northwards before taking aim once more. It was impossible to NOT hit this thing, but whether that'd actually do anything would be the question.

Shooting it twice. I have no command, just pointing stuff out to the elite castaways to get their attention on it. Two shots at it:
BS 50 -20 no WT Bolt+10 single shot+ 10half aim+10 accurate+30 massive+10 short range= TN 100 to hit.

Gun:
> Astartes Boltgun* (Stalker) Basic 200m*** S/–/– 1d10+9** X Pen 4*** Clip 24 Reload Full Accurate, Tearing
*Can be used by a human as long as prone
**-2 for this fight, so 1d10+7
*** Pen 8 and range 300m with the kraken rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

Through the beautiful chaos and bloodmist, Erika saw a Bloodletter plunge its blade into Bazroth. Well, she couldn't allow that to go unanswered. The Word Bearer was too valuable to lose. Besides, it was an excuse to move away from the Daemon Engine that was scything through the men; she wanted as much distance between herself and that thing as possible. Stabbing something in the process was just a bonus.

"Serge, with me! Keep burning the Hounds while I gut that thing."

Quick Draw Chainsword and Charge the Bloodletter that's attacking Bazroth: TN 90 (45 Base + 5 Condition +10 Size +10 Hatred +20 Charge). If it isn't dead next round, I'll Aim and Swift Attack: TN 80 (45 Base +5 Condition +10 Size +10 Hatred +10 Aim). Otherwise, I'll shift the chainsword to my offhand, Quick Draw Bolt Pistol, and Semi-Auto fire at the nearest Flesh Hounds: TN 70 (40 Base +30 Size).

Serge will do the same thing both turns: Half-Action Move towards Erika and fire his flamer at the nearest Flesh Hounds, dealing 1d5+5 magnitude damage per shot.

pre:
Erika

45     40    40     35      50      36     31    35      40

Wounds: 15/15    Infamy: 2/2    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+7

SB: 4  TB: 3
Awareness: 41
Dodge: 50
Parry: 65

Armour: 0 Head, 5 to everything else.

Weapons: 
Bolt Pistol: Pistol; 30m; S/2/-; 1d10+5X; Pen 4; Ammo 8/8; Tearing; 4 Clips, 1 6/8 Clip, -2 Damage

GQ Chainsword: Melee; 1d10+2R; Pen 2; Tearing, Balanced, Good Condition (+5 WS), +2 Damage, Devastating (1), Power Field Immunity

Power Sword: Melee; 1d10+5E; Pen 5; Power Field, Balanced, Poor Condition 

Special Abilities:
Maniacal Narcissist WS (ToE pg33): Gain +20 instead of +10 when spending Infamy to add to chosen test type; if test is failed, 
must pass -20 WP test or attempt again (if possible). If failed again, -10 WP until I either succeed or the session ends.

Creature of Comfort: -10 Penalty to all tests involving using Poor items/services.

Noteworthy combat traits: 
Quick and the Dead

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness +10, Dodge, Parry+10

Combat talents:
Counter Attack, Disarm, Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Rapid Reaction, Sure Strike, Swift Attack, Enemy (Imperial Navy), Hatred: Khornate Daemons
pre:
Serge

22    18    21     32      23      13     18    23      12

Wounds: 15/15     Fatigue Level: 0    Loyalty: 50 (40+10)     Initiative: 1d10+2
Movement: 2/4/6/12

SB: 2  TB: 3
Awareness: 1
Dodge: 23
Parry: 22

Armour: 4 All

Weapons: 

Flamer: Basic; 20m; S/-/-; 1d10+4E; Pen 2; Ammo 11/12; Flame, Spray, Backpack Tank, Melee Attachment;  -2 Damage

Spear (Melee Attachment): Melee; 1d10R; Pen 0; Primitive (8)

Skills: Dodge, Parry, Intimidate, Stealth

Combat talents:
Lightning Reflexes, Rapid Reload, Quick Draw, Hatred: Khornate Daemons

• Locked thread