Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Wow I have never seen two wronger Zelda opinions come out in such quick succession.

The yeti house item is too unwieldy to have any reasonable applicability. If it wasn't necessary for the boss fight, I never would have used it at all.

Skyward Sword looked nice, but it handled like hot garbage, it had a worse co-protagonist than Navi (which is impressive), had awful, timed, mandatory stealth sections, was generally boring and did I mention how bad those controls were?

The desert had some neat ideas. gently caress Tadtones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Wow I have never seen two wronger Zelda opinions come out in such quick succession.

You managed it with one sentence

jrshrader
Nov 10, 2011
Geop asked in the last video if there was a way to bring up the small Wii U Gamepad screen on to the main screen. You can but you have to be using the Wii U Pro controller. When using the Pro controller the Gamepad screen is mirrored on the TV when you pause the game.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

death .cab for qt posted:

You managed it with one sentence

The only wrong opinion in this thread is a dislike of shanty's, we should all take a page from link's book and barrel over anyone trying to fracture our love of the blonde hero.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
As long as nobody's dissing the Hyrule Warriors version of Yeti House item, then we're all good. It might've been unwieldy in the game it was from, but slap it in a Warriors game and it wrecks faces.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
These two LOZ blind games are making me think about all the other games I'd love to see blind. (Resident evil 4 :allears: )

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I knew a guy in high school who called Miyamoto a dickhead over this game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Eifert Posting posted:

These two LOZ blind games are making me think about all the other games I'd love to see blind. (Resident evil 4 :allears: )

Wait, who else is doing LOZ blind?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Nalesh posted:

Faerie Fortune is doing Ocarina of Time.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All Zelda games are the worst. Except for the ones I like, then they're the best.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Star Man posted:

All Zelda games are the worst. Except for the ones I like, then they're the best.

I disagree; the ones I like are the worst. The rest are the best :colbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nalesh posted:

Faerie Fortune's doing Ocarina of Time blind here, I'm co-commentating.

jrshrader posted:

Geop asked in the last video if there was a way to bring up the small Wii U Gamepad screen on to the main screen. You can but you have to be using the Wii U Pro controller. When using the Pro controller the Gamepad screen is mirrored on the TV when you pause the game.

As good as the Pro Controller is, I have to recommend against doing this for the viewers because it's more convenient for the player to just have all the subscreen stuff on another screen in their hands than it is to have to pause the action every now and again to switch an item or something. It's just a bunch of menus, we wouldn't be missing out on too much.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
You know, I have mixed feelings on that whole thing. While it's nice to have the inventory open at all times, it does force you to take your attention away from what's happening in-game to juggle your equipment, instead of being able to pause and switch things out. Whether that's a good thing is a matter of debate.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
The cool thing about Gamepad item switching is that when you grab an item with your finger on the touchscreen, a transparent overlay of the item and the item assignment buttons appear on the main screen. So as long as you know where the item is on the touchscreen or just look down for a second to grab it, you can keep watching the main screen and drag it to the right slot while running around.

It's another Super Cool Thing about the HD version that makes it so much better.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

KieranWalker posted:

You know, I have mixed feelings on that whole thing. While it's nice to have the inventory open at all times, it does force you to take your attention away from what's happening in-game to juggle your equipment, instead of being able to pause and switch things out. Whether that's a good thing is a matter of debate.

When you pause the screen the gamepad menus are still active. You can switch items, view maps, etc while the game is paused.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hopeandjoy posted:

a bunch of Japanese ones that have terribad English voicebanks including Miku.

Actually, they're not that bad anymore*, depends more on the writer than the voicebanks now. Not great, but still about as understandable as most Japanese I've heard speaking English.

*For Miku specifically, check out the album, Five, on Circus' Bandcamp for a few songs there.

Edit: I should probably put a disclaimer here that the number of Japanese people I've talked to is relatively small. We get at least a couple dozen Japanese families, and about the same amount of other nations as well, every summer for Glacier Park, staying at the hotel where I work the front desk. There's also a decent number, about twice the size, of Canadian-Asians coming down with extended families year-round.

quote:

...I need a life.

I know the feeling, but at least you aren't pulling up a week old conversation. :negative:

Onean fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 13, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Wild Knight posted:

The cool thing about Gamepad item switching is that when you grab an item with your finger on the touchscreen, a transparent overlay of the item and the item assignment buttons appear on the main screen. So as long as you know where the item is on the touchscreen or just look down for a second to grab it, you can keep watching the main screen and drag it to the right slot while running around.

It's another Super Cool Thing about the HD version that makes it so much better.

So, you are saying it is like combat equipping in dark souls? :v:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Major_JF posted:

So, you are saying it is like combat equipping in dark souls? :v:

Hero Mode makes it so you can only heal with fairies, potions or heart pieces/containers, so it's basically like Dark Souls already.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Onean posted:

Actually, they're not that bad anymore*, depends more on the writer than the voicebanks now. Not great, but still about as understandable as most Japanese I've heard speaking English.

*For Miku specifically, check out the album, Five, on Circus' Bandcamp for a few songs there.

Edit: I should probably put a disclaimer here that the number of Japanese people I've talked to is relatively small. We get at least a couple dozen Japanese families, and about the same amount of other nations as well, every summer for Glacier Park, staying at the hotel where I work the front desk. There's also a decent number, about twice the size, of Canadian-Asians coming down with extended families year-round.

I know the feeling, but at least you aren't pulling up a week old conversation. :negative:

Honestly dude, Circus is the last person I listen to. Probably still bitter about the whole Pocaloid thing. I've tried to listen to Miku's English bank, but her voicetype just doesn't work in English for me. But yeah, I guess it does depend on the producer's tuning and phoneme skills. :shrug:

On actual Zelda topic, I actually got this game for free when I registered my copy of Mario Kart this summer, but I still haven't played it. Whoops. I've seen a bit of this game from other LPs, but I never had a Gamecube and thus never played it, so I guess this is a half blind viewing. Or something. I love the game's art though.

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

This LP has been quite enjoyable. It is going to be a very fun ride. I am looking forward to it so much that I made silly doodles.

What? You think clothing is the only thing passed down from generation to generation? Aryll didn't look scared so much as surprised. Unfortunately, it seems she was already too far away that BUDZ couldn't hear her excitement. That bird is just a big seagull to her. Nothing she probably couldn't tame. And Grandma has been around a long time. Pirates shmirates. You mess with her grandchildren, you mess with the flames of courage.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Eh, he apologized and bought the real thing, I don't have any issue with it now. After all, how many people pirated Photoshop while they were a kid, or had it pirated by a parent? I agree it's still a poo poo thing to do, though.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Akogare Zephyr posted:

This LP has been quite enjoyable. It is going to be a very fun ride. I am looking forward to it so much that I made silly doodles.

What? You think clothing is the only thing passed down from generation to generation? Aryll didn't look scared so much as surprised. Unfortunately, it seems she was already too far away that BUDZ couldn't hear her excitement. That bird is just a big seagull to her. Nothing she probably couldn't tame. And Grandma has been around a long time. Pirates shmirates. You mess with her grandchildren, you mess with the flames of courage.
Oh man these are amazing! :swoon: Thank you!!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Kabanaw posted:

When you pause the screen the gamepad menus are still active. You can switch items, view maps, etc while the game is paused.

Ah. I've not actually played WWHD myself, but given the way other games tend to handle it... I'm thinking of the recent Wii U Shantae game, in particular. Pausing the game hides the inventory screen with the "Continue - Quit" option.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Because I know there will be a request at some point:

Now someone make a comic that allows me to use the pun "This BUDZ for you".

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Akogare Zephyr posted:

This just makes me want a series detailing Aryll and Giant Bird's budding, lifelong friendship. :allears:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

(I didn't draw this, don't add it to the fanart post)

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Pootybutt posted:

This just makes me want a series detailing Aryll and Giant Bird's budding, lifelong friendship. :allears:

It's a shame we're gonna march up to the top of this fortress and give it what for, everyone knows the first boss is always such a chump

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Akogare Zephyr posted:

Oh my godddddddddddddd you're amazing, all the fanart we've been getting is amazing. :allears: I love this thread, thank you thank you. :3:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

SHOUTOUTS TO ME IN THIS VIDEO

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
This video only serves to remind me that my local grocery stores don't stock pretzel M&Ms :smith:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

KingEffingFrost posted:

This video only serves to remind me that my local grocery stores don't stock pretzel M&Ms :smith:

Sounds like you'd best move somewhere that doesn't suck :colbert:

Ah, the Forsaken Fortress. This was the furthest i got in the game for about two years after I first got it.

I was a stupid child.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Ablative posted:

Ah, the Forsaken Fortress. This was the furthest i got in the game for about two years after I first got it.

I was a stupid child.
I just picked up Wind Waker HD. Honestly compared to the rest of the game, this dungeon is kind of lame. I still struggle with this dungeon as much as I did as a kid; the map doesn't really give you any clear directions, and the stealth mechanics aren't so much fun as tedious. Thankfully this is kind of the low water mark of the game (except for some mechanics that were changed in the HD remake) and the rest of the game is fun, smooth sailing.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
This LP is going to take a year. :allears:

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Excellent! I've never played through this game so this is a perfect way to catch up on the goings on of Windwaker.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

im sry....... :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Here we see Panzer slowly realize what she's gotten herself into.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Geop posted:

im sry....... :smith:

For reference, this dungeon usually only takes 30 minutes or so to complete. :shepface:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Do not pity her, she joined two blind zelda lp's, it's her own fault :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sindai posted:

Here we see Panzer slowly realize what she's gotten herself into.

Ya'll don't even know YALL DONT EVEN KNOW YET

• Locked thread