Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY LUCKY SHOT

edit as sneaky as divebombing melons in the night: Oh hey a new episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Ryo faces his hardest task yet: Interacting with another human being.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Momomo posted:

Ryo faces his hardest task yet: Interacting with another human being.

I never really thought about it, but leaving a room just to enter again and talk to the same person over and over for 20 straight minutes is a very Ryo thing to do

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

Weasling Weasel posted:

The lady that smashed Ryu's head in with the lead pipe was actually a transvestite in the original Japanese version. I dunno what it was with evil tranvestites and Japanese game developers during the dreamcast era. Alford Ashford and now this. It was changed to a woman in the US/UK version to make it presumably less offensive. The translators managed to gently caress this up though... one of the characters refers to her as a 'he' in a one or two sentences later on in the game.

You'd have to be really sheltered to not realize that person was supposed to be a transvestite.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:Updates:frogsiren:
Ep 24 - Feel Tired Episode (youtube)

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Here's the Feel Tired Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTtS8rhza1A

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Every time Delin talks I just want him to bust out a HU-HUGH for no reason :allears:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Warning: Rough guys at work.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

The Dark Id posted:

Work ends at noon. They're practicing for tomorrow.

ProfessorBooty fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 8, 2015

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

The Dark Id posted:

this is not very far removed from a billy herrington video

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The Dark Id posted:

This dude is terrible at Towers of Hanoi.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

The Dark Id posted:

These complement each other too well.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Feel Tired Song was also in the first game so Benson's reaction confused me a little, hilarious though it was.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

muike posted:

this is not very far removed from a billy herrington video

hey buddy I think you've got the wrong door the loading docks two blocks down

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Dandy Old Man and Hip de Hop were the best tunes. :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hoss Corncave posted:

Dandy Old Man and Hip de Hop were the best tunes. :colbert:

Microsoft Shower will always be my favourite

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Danaru posted:

Microsoft Shower will always be my favourite
MS Shower is from Outrun, so of course it's the best song.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Question for people who played this game and tried arm wrestling: What was the highest bet you could ever win? Mine was a $80 bet.

I wish there was an arm wrestling minigame like this but for PC and with online multiplayer. With good graphics and UI and all sorts of customizable features. Seriously, no joke. I'd buy it. Button mashing is cool :f5h:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

Question for people who played this game and tried arm wrestling: What was the highest bet you could ever win? Mine was a $80 bet.

I wish there was an arm wrestling minigame like this but for PC and with online multiplayer. With good graphics and UI and all sorts of customizable features. Seriously, no joke. I'd buy it. Button mashing is cool :f5h:

This would just be dominated by people with turbo controllers.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Demicol posted:

This would just be dominated by people with turbo controllers.

I was thinking this too, but ideally there would be a way to detect it somehow.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

hey buddy I think you've got the wrong door the loading docks two blocks down

I'll show you who's the boss of this warehosue.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

I was thinking this too, but ideally there would be a way to detect it somehow.

Let's get Kojima on it, he seems to know how!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I spent about an hour loving around in Audacity trying to mash up that feeling tired song with stuff but just couldn't get anything to sound even remotely listenable. It's basically a waltz tempo (3/4 or 6/8 time) which can be crunched since it's so slow, but :shrug:

Songs attempted:

Nas - Heaven. This almost worked since it's also 6/8 time. The beginning actually sounded OK and then it just became a mess
Wu Tang - 7th Chamber
Eminem - Stay Wide Awake
Snoop Dogg - Murder was the Case
Dr. Dre - Bang Bang
Handsome Boy Modeling School - Metaphysical

It might work with some sort of older, non-rap like Nancy Sinatra or something but I really don't want to waste more time on something that's already only really funny because of the name.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
while im sad it didnt work out, i applaud your effort for an internet joke

if it makes you feel better, im listening to 36 chambers now

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I saw this weeks ago and forgot to post it. An ad on Metro North that sums up the stacking books section pretty well.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:Updates:frogsiren:
Ep 25 - Armwrestlemania 45 (youtube)

Supersonic Buddha
Sep 6, 2010

Inertia is a property of matter.

Grizlor posted:

I spent about an hour loving around in Audacity trying to mash up that feeling tired song with stuff but just couldn't get anything to sound even remotely listenable. It's basically a waltz tempo (3/4 or 6/8 time) which can be crunched since it's so slow, but :shrug:

I'm legitimately trying to do a dumb remix with it instead of mashing it up with something and I'm having the same problems. The biggest problem for me though is the song just straight up sucks, the whole melody is garbage. I could release what I have even though it's not a full song and doesn't sound particularly great? I dunno.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
It's really not recommended to try more than one arm wrestling match in a row, unless it's a low bet.

About the song mashup/remix, I wonder if mashing it with Space Jam would work. Feel Slammed Song.

Supersonic Buddha
Sep 6, 2010

Inertia is a property of matter.

Big Scary Owl posted:

It's really not recommended to try more than one arm wrestling match in a row, unless it's a low bet.

About the song mashup/remix, I wonder if mashing it with Space Jam would work. Feel Slammed Song.

Well okay.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

I can jam to this.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Space Jam mashes up with everything, though.

I thought for about 15 seconds about reinstalling Fruity Loops and making a version of the Guile Theme that sampled the tired song as the main instrument, but quickly regained my senses.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A question about our favorite cat girl character came up on Clyde Mandelin's Legends of Localization site. (He's the guy behind the fan translation of Mother 3.)

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

That site posted:

As far as I can tell, westerners, at least Americans anyway, don’t take offense to being compared to cats, and most people view it as a compliment.

Huh?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Cat like reflexes, maybe?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I told a friend they reminded me of a cat because cats are assholes, I don't think it's what Ryo was going for though

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Danaru posted:

I told a friend they reminded me of a cat because cats are assholes, I don't think it's what Ryo was going for though

Yeah, saying someone has some sort of quality like a cat (I guess cat-like reflexes would be the most common) makes sense, but telling someone "you look like a cat"?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Relevant.

Also things we should be watching on Anime Night.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I finally caught up! I've been binging on this thread over the past week, as far as one can binge while relatively busy.

I watched the first LP, but I only played the second game rather than the first, so these videos are giving me a great deal of nostalgia. I'd say I'm surprised I still remember pretty much how to get around this initial area of the game, but I'm not. I had way too much free time as a kid, so I definitely memorised all those streets - which, by the way, I feel still hold up pretty drat well today, even if the rest of the game... doesn't, really. I still want to play it again, though. I'm hoping those HD rerelease rumours do come to pass.

(They won't. :negative:)

Also, I was only familiar with the Dreamcast version, so I'd never heard the English voices before this LP. It's been... interesting to discover them.

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot
I just woke up from a dream. I dreamt of a Shenmue 3, but as the dream went on it I stopped playing and it became your LP. It was in a future city crisscrossed by canals. There was a fish merchant who sold a fish you could wear as a hat, a bird companion, and a dating/social mechanic. I think the moment it became an lp was when the player gave a cup of bubble tea to his female interest, but then a model of a cup of tea appeared in the hands(claws? Wings?) of the girl, and her friend, and the bird, and kuvo and the gang just started laughing uproariously. I also remember a pretty badly animated Ryo turbo swimming away from the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Keldoclock posted:

I just woke up from a dream. I dreamt of a Shenmue 3, but as the dream went on it I stopped playing and it became your LP. It was in a future city crisscrossed by canals. There was a fish merchant who sold a fish you could wear as a hat, a bird companion, and a dating/social mechanic. I think the moment it became an lp was when the player gave a cup of bubble tea to his female interest, but then a model of a cup of tea appeared in the hands(claws? Wings?) of the girl, and her friend, and the bird, and kuvo and the gang just started laughing uproariously. I also remember a pretty badly animated Ryo turbo swimming away from the cops.

That's not a dream, that's the actual plot of Shenmue 3.

• Locked thread