Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I like that they confused the most stereotypical bomb for a real one. A bunch of sticks of dynamite with a clock on top. The main suspect must have been a short guy in all black with a curly mustache and a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
"An INVENTION!?"

Felicia Day's bow tie spins around while that wacky top noise goes wwhewwhewwhewwheewWHEWWHEWWHEEEeeeeEEEEWWWWWW

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Wait. What role was he up for on Cheers? Woody?

Yes. He could've been Woody from Cheers. Instead we got MST3K.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yes. He could've been Woody from Cheers. Instead we got MST3K.

whoa
that's like the opposite of when bryan singer ruined x-men and superman at the same time
instead, 2 good things happened

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
new cast is made of entirely unfunny shitbags excluding Patton so this being garbage is a foregone conclusion

which of Jim Mallon's children is Joel holding hostage to get this made

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
patton oswalt isnt funny and he is painfully ugly so i guess him and joel are two real "pees-into-a-pod"

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

a starwar betamax posted:

patton oswalt isnt funny and he is painfully ugly so i guess him and joel are two real "pees-into-a-pod"

hot dog

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've never been a huge Patton Oswalt fan but I think he's perfect for this idk.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Goons making fun of a fat guy and demeaning a woman? Well I never!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Felicia Day was in Dr. Horrible's Bazinga Loblaw

It's true

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Knight posted:

Felicia Day was in Dr. Horrible's Bazinga Loblaw

It's true

That was the other thing I saw her in. It was bugging me because the only thing I thought I saw her in was the one episode of The Guild I bothered to watch, and I knew there had to be more.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It's going to be really weird having to look up the references on Twitter instead of just wondering what movie I didn't watch

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CrashCat posted:

It's going to be really weird having to look up the references on Twitter instead of just wondering what movie I didn't watch

It'll be perfect for a new generation of fans and alienating for the old fans who are funding it. Kickstarter!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

a starwar betamax posted:

he had a 'dark period' in his life where all he did was watch movies all day every day for like several years. I cant think of a more fitting person to write movie jokes than him. it looks like he is going to be the only grown-up on the whole thing

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I thought that Patton Oswalt's career was doing OK, I kinda feel bad for him having to do poo poo like this

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
really dumb poo poo liked by white people

had a white bitch for a gf once and this bitch got off on this poo poo (and me shooting a load while fuckin her doggy)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

City of Tampa posted:

I thought that Patton Oswalt's career was doing OK, I kinda feel bad for him having to do poo poo like this

It's more he wants to than he has to.

It's like the successful musicians that play with the Grateful Dead. They don't do it for the pay, rather the joy of playing with the band (such as it is).

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 2, 2015

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Patton at least jokes about things outside the nerd sphere

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think he'll be a good writer for the show

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Patton at least jokes about things outside the nerd sphere

fat idiot pasty fucktard nerd spotted

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

gently caress da Mods posted:

had a white bitch for a gf once and this bitch got off on this poo poo (and me shooting a load while fuckin her doggy)

what

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

gently caress da Mods posted:

Woah check out this antiauthoritarian sex haver!!!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
mst3k batted about .300 at the best of times. the problem is this goonish inability to admit that that's actually pretty rare and impressive, but neither perfect nor a reason to dismiss it completely. nobody has had a career BA over .400 in the history of the major league, so for a sci fi comedy show to have one of the 200 greatest all-time batting averages, especially given that it is not a person and can not hold a physical object like a baseball bat, let alone swing it, is pretty remarkable

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the new MST3K is goign to be cool and good and im goign to watch ti when it comes out

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
patton oswalt is good he was the mouse man from ratatoing did you know

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

mst3k batted about .300 at the best of times. the problem is this goonish inability to admit that that's actually pretty rare and impressive, but neither perfect nor a reason to dismiss it completely. nobody has had a career BA over .400 in the history of the major league, so for a sci fi comedy show to have one of the 200 greatest all-time batting averages, especially given that it is not a person and can not hold a physical object like a baseball bat, let alone swing it, is pretty remarkable

your analogy kinda fell apart there but I agree

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
All I know of Patton was he did the KFC bowl skit.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Cubone posted:

I don't follow basketball. Is 300 good?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Cubone posted:

Never cared for baseball, but if you're trying to say it wasn't always funny and it kind of sucked sometimes, then I will agree with you. Every month I open up Club MST3K and watch an episode or two, but it takes me a few tries to get one that doesn't immediately suck.

The good ones are really good though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aleph Null posted:

I don't follow basketball. Is 300 good?
to put it in terms you can understand, mst3k sometimes got touchdowns but they never won the Stanley Cup

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

comes along bort posted:

more importantly: a quasi-famous prop comic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSZw85_NWc

Oh God Joel was totally the magician Patton Oswalt saw wasn't he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWfqiCpscOE

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Oh God Joel was totally the magician Patton Oswalt saw wasn't he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWfqiCpscOE

Holy gently caress

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

patton oswalt is prolly the worst

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Patton is ideal for the new crew, but why would anyone stick him with a character that's not riffing?
He has the perfect temperament and arcane pop culture knowledge to be a bot.

OTOH, I can totally see him as a relation of TV's Frank.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ghlbtsk posted:

Patton is ideal for the new crew, but why would anyone stick him with a character that's not riffing?
He has the perfect temperament and arcane pop culture knowledge to be a bot.

OTOH, I can totally see him as a relation of TV's Frank.

They're not riffing in real time. Traditionally almost everyone on screen was also a writer, and for most of the show the mads were also the bots. He's definitely the most talented of the announced bunch, and before Oswalt was announced this project was looking pretty mediocre.

I'm not quite sure who this is for. It strikes me as leaning too hard on nostalgia (original bots!) but also fresh new twists in ways that'll leave no one happy. I'd love to be wrong though, and if it ends up being funny, great.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Sort of a strange question, perhaps: Other than Subterreanean Cinema 4000, I haven't really caught many other really well-put-together MST3k fan projects that try to really capture the look and feel of the original show.

That being said, I'm sort of curious if MST3k was popular enough internationally to garner any foreign language takes on the bad movies/silhouettes/skits formula?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JediTalentAgent posted:

That being said, I'm sort of curious if MST3k was popular enough internationally to garner any foreign language takes on the bad movies/silhouettes/skits formula?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNH4dafgFZY

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Micheal Palin fell on hard times.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

:woop:

Pretty excited for new mst3k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

Yeah, they weren't always on; they just made sure to have a shitload of jokes so the misses just slide right off.

Somebody was complaining earlier that new MST3K is going to make jokes like "Hey, that extra looks like Kim Kardashian" as if the original didn't have a whole bunch of "Hey that extra looks like Lou Farigno" jokes.

• Locked thread