Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Watching Money in the Bank and I totally bought the Kofi tease, even though I knew Seth won. That was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Wow so now Cesaro is losing to Ziggler. Potential world champion on Sunday, losing to Kofi and Ziggler the next.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Wow so now Cesaro is losing to Ziggler. Potential world champion on Sunday, losing to Kofi and Ziggler the next.

Could it be the always wonderful losing streak gimmick?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh for gently caress's sake!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Could it be the always wonderful losing streak gimmick?

Usually people have that when they get a B-title, not when they're chasing for it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I finally watched it and I must say Vince McMahondow's strut was sub par.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Cesaro seems like such an after thought, like they thought after Mania "we need more heels, cancel Cesaro's face turn and pair him with Heyman." And I don't think Heyman has done a good job putting him over, he's been riding on the wave of Lesnar breaking the streak and then he says "oh yeah and Cesaro is here as well, he won a battle royale".

From a few pages back but maybe this is leading up to a Cesaro face turn? Cesaro realizes Heyman is using him as a shield so he can gloat about BROCK LESNER and doesn't actually have any interest in helping him succeed so he Big Swings Heyman into the biggest face pop ever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

John Cena's going to be a villain!

In the new Amy Poehler + Tina Fey comedy, The Nest. Also has James Brolin, John Leguizamo, and Maya Rudolph. Out in theaters Dec. 18, 2015.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TEGGS posted:

From a few pages back but maybe this is leading up to a Cesaro face turn? Cesaro realizes Heyman is using him as a shield so he can gloat about BROCK LESNER and doesn't actually have any interest in him so he Big Swings Heyman into the biggest face pop ever.

I think it's more that they realised there's no room for the planned Cesaro/Lesnar feud, between Cena and Reigns, and they had no other idea for him.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's more that they realised there's no room for the planned Cesaro/Lesnar feud, between Cena and Reigns, and they had no other idea for him.

I think it's probably more that the original plan was Bryan/Lesnar and then probably Cesaro. When Bryan got injured, it moved to Cena/Lesnar, and then if he can it'll move onto Lesnar/Bryan. And then probably Reigns at Mania. Seems like things got sour for Cesaro somewhere along the way. They even kept him away from the IC title to protect him. And then they started beating him anyway.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
IIRC don't you need to be pretty fit to take a swing too?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Atticus Finch posted:

Watching Money in the Bank and I totally bought the Kofi tease, even though I knew Seth won. That was fun.

I bought it watching it live, thought he was going to finally win one of these matches

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Astro7x posted:

I bought it watching it live, thought he was going to finally win one of these matches

Yeah I thought Kofi was going to win and then Ambrose and Rollins were just going to then have a TLC based street fight for a while.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I would die for a Youppi! costume.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

cronox2 posted:

IIRC don't you need to be pretty fit to take a swing too?

Great Khali took it, so, no.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

- Daniel Bryan appeared in a dark segment between tonight's WWE Main Event and the SmackDown tapings in Newark, NJ. Bryan cut the same promo he did at Money In the Bank and talked about coming back better than ever. It's worth noting that Bryan was dressed in his ring gear.
Weird.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TEGGS posted:

From a few pages back but maybe this is leading up to a Cesaro face turn? Cesaro realizes Heyman is using him as a shield so he can gloat about BROCK LESNER and doesn't actually have any interest in helping him succeed so he Big Swings Heyman into the biggest face pop ever.

More like Heyman treats him worse and worse as Cesaro's losing streak gets longer and longer before Cesaro finally snaps. Then Brock Lesnar shows up and beats the hell out of him before he's drifts around the midcard for a couple of months as the bland babyface until the writers' remember he's alive.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Sounds like he's reinforcing his own conviction to return.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big E cut a promo on Main Event tonight in his preacher voice. It's pretty great. And then Ryback shows up and calls him a cornball.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was there and it was hilarious. He tried to get a fan to take his shirt off and booed him when he didn't.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

waffle iron posted:

I would die for a Youppi! costume.

I was hoping he would dress like HBK since Bret Hart will be there, but this also works.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

If NBC hasn't canceled Blackbeard yet they have the perfect guy to play young John Malkovich.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

PWInsider posted:

Chris Jericho vs. The Miz is set for Monday's Raw from Montreal.
Great.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Spent all day at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. It's very very disconcerting to hear your stepdaughter ask to ride Space Mountain all day and then ask to ride it again right after, even though the line is really long...

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CobiWann posted:

Spent all day at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. It's very very disconcerting to hear your stepdaughter ask to ride Space Mountain all day and then ask to ride it again right after, even though the line is really long...

As long as she didn't "WOOOOO!" and strut at any point everything should be fine.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Harper and Rowan's entrance without music on main event tonight was kinda good I thought

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cesaro's contract was re-written today to start paying him in his preferred currency.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Have I been late or is Main Event the new first hour of Nitro?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The American Dream posted:

Have I been late or is Main Event the new first hour of Nitro?

Hulk Hogan doesn't come out and cut promos during Main Event so probably not.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I dunno if Walmart has 'em but Wegmans has shopping carts like these -

and I've more than once put stuff in the bottom basket and straight up forgot to ring it at the self-check.

the funny thing is while I worked retail carts like these slowly disappeared the duration I worked there because people kept stealing them

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
Those carts make me really angry for a reason I myself don't even know, just an irrational hate for carts that look like that.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I learned to hate them because every customer wanted to use them and I kept having to tell them they keep disappearing and get bitched at

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, I guess she still needs an iPad Mini case, right?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DM Punk posted:

So, I guess she still needs an iPad Mini case, right?

Countdown to a fan taping one to a sign with a smart rear end message.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Countdown to a fan taping one to a sign with a smart rear end message.

She gets fan mail sent to the Performance Center all the time based on some her tweets. I am willing to bet she gets a few cases in the mail from people.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
Oh and America losing to Belgium even though Tim Howard is a literal brick wall makes me angry and I hope BIG HOSS beats up Rusev even more.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

West007 posted:

Paige looked like she didn't know what to do while the fans were chanting.

It was so great.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE's Japanese website is officially confirming a big Japanese signing:

http://wwe.co.jp/article/2014/06/776.html

That probably means KENTA has been signed, and if they're making a press conference out of it, hopefully he'll be treated like Sin Cara was. KENTA already speaks quite a bit of English, and he seems to have a good attitude, and can have great matches with everyone. He's the Daniel Bryan of Japan, and I hope he's treated with respect throughout his run unless he fucks it up on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
So I guess AJ isn't pregnant.

• Locked thread