Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

thexerox123 posted:

I hope that crying waffle goes down in Gem history as the official Crystal Gem logo.

"Food and intense feelings" is actually a pretty good visual representation of SU as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I find it pretty interesting that Pearl basically flat out confirmed that the Gems were ultimately going to destroy Earth for their own reproduction cycle. And judging from Peridot's comments, the Gems knew and didn't care about it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The one interesting thing I thought was that in between Peridot's "Who?" response to Pearl's declaration of "We're the Crystal Gems" and Peridot's mention of the Gem technology on Earth being archaic, it seems like maybe the Crystal Gems were hot poo poo/infamous at one point back on their homeworld or before they went rogue but now as the years have gone by they've kind of just faded into obscurity.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

New gem?

http://i.imgur.com/3LJy42q.jpg

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 6, 2015

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Spoiller and timg that poo poo yo

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Theres a screenshot floating around where it has Ruby and Sapphire in the credits.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hihohe posted:

Got it. But this is from a tv-spot, it's not a leaked shot of the episode.

Garnet confirmed for fusion

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Hihohe posted:

Spoilers don't work with timg. Change it to a spoilered link instead.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Triskelli posted:

Maybe I was expecting something less.. visually important for a TV spot? I don't have cable so I don't even know what the TV spots have been like, so maybe this is par for the course.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Triskelli posted:

Nice to meet you, Saphire.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

There was a "spoiler advisory" on the crewniverse tumblr: "the crew and CN have submitted material to the press to promote this event. Some of the material may contain spoilers. ...it may be in your best interest to stay away from articles and any places where those articles get re-posted!"

I'm guessing that stuff is going to end up posted to this thread no matter what, so those of us who don't want to be spoiled might have to avoid this thread until after all these episodes air.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
On one hand I've pretty sure I've already read the spoiler in question, but on the other hand it's something I predicted a long time ago so I'm not that concerned.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Here's a different promo for Thursday's episode: spoiler promo.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

perhaps this is the blue gem/Sapphire in Garnet's fusion? This image is kind of out of focus but it looks like her nose and face shape are similar to Garnet's

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

perhaps this is the blue gem/Sapphire in Garnet's fusion? This image is kind of out of focus but it looks like her nose and face shape are similar to Garnet's

I saw a much clearer image and she is almost certainly one half of Garnet's fusion. She has the same face shape, something covering her eyes (possibly concealing one eye?), the puffy shoulder things, long gloves, full lips, and her silhouette looks similar to one of those weird silhouettes we saw in "Fusion Cuisine" when Alexandrite defused.

My theory is Garnet (along with the other gems) is severely injured, requiring her to retreat to her gems, thus splitting her black into her component parts.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Theory about the finale: Maybe the "new ally" is actually one of the Gems that was fused to create Garnet. Whoever kidnaps the Gems might not realize Garnet is a fusion. If they KO the Gems into gem-stone status they might take 3 gemstones with them back to the homeworld, accidentally leaving behind a 4th for Steven.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Man all these spoiler tags

I want to go in fresh!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Moltrey posted:

This is beautiful :allears: It's hard to edit to fit without the spear becoming a weird mess, but boy I'm trying
Try this, I think it's under the avatar size limits.

Megaspel posted:

It's like a jammed CD tray.
That's exactly what I was thinking. :hf:

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 7, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess Lapis is still flying through space, and probably will continue to do so for the next million years or so.

I feel like gem society has probably changed a lot since the crystal gems made their stand. Peridot's going to have to notify her boss or something.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whatever happens next week, it's going to be pretty interesting.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Lobsterhead posted:

I saw a much clearer image and she is almost certainly one half of Garnet's fusion. She has the same face shape, something covering her eyes (possibly concealing one eye?), the puffy shoulder things, long gloves, full lips, and her silhouette looks similar to one of those weird silhouettes we saw in "Fusion Cuisine" when Alexandrite defused.

My theory is Garnet (along with the other gems) is severely injured, requiring her to retreat to her gems, thus splitting her black into her component parts.

Dang. I really wanted it to be the centipeetle. This sounds a lot more likely.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Parts Kit posted:

Try this, I think it's under the avatar size limits.

Oh drat, thank you! I just finished editing this one. I kinda like yours though so I might change it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess Lapis is still flying through space, and probably will continue to do so for the next million years or so.

I feel like gem society has probably changed a lot since the crystal gems made their stand. Peridot's going to have to notify her boss or something.

Well, we're approaching a year from when she left, there's a drat good chance the earth is going to swing by her again.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

More Credits spoilers

http://media.tumblr.com/e6027c9e3e0ab7f7a383cfc047ff6d9e/tumblr_inline_nktiicgRAl1qb6awe.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/7778097304f62f77f6e0b27022da4154/tumblr_inline_nktiq9R8831qb6awe.jpg

Yay new gems, Nanefua, and Lapis!

Edit: Malachite could totally be the Centipedele

Danger Diabolik fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 7, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
drat, didnt know the Pizza's had a gem member in their midst.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Am I reading this wrong, or are two people credited with the same character, Malachite? Why would that be?

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Octopode posted:

Am I reading this wrong, or are two people credited with the same character, Malachite? Why would that be?

Besides story reasons? If a VA isn't available when the production needs voices, sometimes another VA who's already on payroll will get asked to pick up the slack. That happened in last year's TF2 short, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3810734/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm. Nolan North voiced a single line for the Soldier when Rick May wasn't around.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

I'm fairly sure we haven't seen a character named Vidalia before right? Looking it up, that's a type of onion, so perhaps it's Onion's mother.

Octopode posted:

Well, the actors in question also voice Lapis and what I assume is a new gem named Jasper, so perhaps Malachite is their fusion or something? Though so far fusions have all had their own voice actors

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Danger Diabolik posted:

Edit: Malachite could totally be the Centipedele

Very possible.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Why did you pick such a lovely malachite picture??

:colbert:

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

More Previews!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5RDOcFM4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQDcqiJ0hVU

Edit: EVEN MORE PREVIEWS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-kdVQ1qMxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CRYNbdgUI

Edit: and one more VERY ominous preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDalr-OmGtc

Danger Diabolik fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 7, 2015

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Danger Diabolik posted:

More Previews!

Edit: EVEN MORE PREVIEWS!

Edit: and one more VERY ominous preview

Got-dam. I am not ready :staredog:

looks like I was right about a local ship though

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That shirt gag is fantastic.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I can see why they dropped them all in a week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mods change thread title to "Did you think there wouldn't be consequences?"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Man they could not be dropping harder hints about a Lapis return.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

jodai posted:

Dang. I really wanted it to be the centipeetle. This sounds a lot more likely.

I wanted it to be centipeedle too,and I still think/hope there's a chance he/she will show up.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Moltrey posted:

Oh drat, thank you! I just finished editing this one. I kinda like yours though so I might change it.
A suggestion on text: "Pearl, how many times do I have to tell you that behavior is inappropriate on missions?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Xun posted:

Why did you pick such a lovely malachite picture??

:colbert:

I have a pen made out of this stuff. I love it.

Danger Diabolik posted:

More Previews!

:stare: Next week is gonna be something.

• Locked thread