Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

berserker posted:

Got missed on the last page apparently, I'm looking for some advice for putting together a good team to take on Satan tomorrow for the least amount of stones. Help!?

http://www.padherder.com/user/robodrew/monsters/

Popular set up I've seen is doing the following team:

Bastet: Echidna/Valk/King Shynee/Angelion.

This team allows you to stall, burst and delay with equanimity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcedDevil
Apr 24, 2004
Are the Tamadra emails safe to keep unopened like the PAL emails? 4 free box slots are cool to me. I'm sure someone in the JP version has tried this experiment already since that's like 30 free box slots for them.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Thanks guys for the advice, I guess I just have to hope for a Grape Dragon to be super pro.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Furious Lobster posted:

Popular set up I've seen is doing the following team:

Bastet: Echidna/Valk/King Shynee/Angelion.

This team allows you to stall, burst and delay with equanimity.

Make sure you have the HP if you run this team.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Eddain posted:

Make sure you have the HP if you run this team.

Yep, healer teams have terrible HP but given your box I think you're already familiar with this. Alternatively, one could put Venus instead of Echidna to maximize your burst at the end.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

Cryohazard posted:

Thanks guys for the advice, I guess I just have to hope for a Grape Dragon to be super pro.

:unsmigghh: THE CARNIVAL BECKONS :unsmigghh:

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

mphill posted:

:unsmigghh: THE CARNIVAL BECKONS :unsmigghh:

gently caress you I haven't bought any stones since January.

NO.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

berserker posted:

Got missed on the last page apparently, I'm looking for some advice for putting together a good team to take on Satan tomorrow for the least amount of stones. Help!?

http://www.padherder.com/user/robodrew/monsters/

Looking through your box you have two options with a Bastet team:

Bastet/X/Valk/Angelion/King Shynee/Bastet

Where X should be either Echidna or Venus.

Please note that the magic number of HP you're looking for is 12,011 which will let you survive Satan's preempt + one attack, which will already give you three turns to combo hard on him (first turn he puts up status shield, second turn he hits you, one more turn before you die). With your monster levels and using Echidna, you're literally less than 50 hp away from this magic number so you gotta find a buff Bastet bro to put you over the hp threshold. Venus has better hp so you should be okay there. With an ideal Venus CTW combo (5 light matches + 5 others) and King Shynee active you should be able to one-shot Satan. With Echidna you get 6 turns to combo hard, make sure you open with Angelion + Valk + Shynee so you'll have one more turn at the end to Angelion + Valk again before losing. Your opening burst with the Echidna team should yield about 4mil damage assuming you do a 4 light + 4 other combo. After that, five more turns should be enough time to wear the other 2.6mil now assuming you do at least 7 combo everytime.

Stall on one Kraken or one Vamp, being sure to keep their hp above the magic % before they have access to their one-shot moves (70% for Kraken, 30% for Vamp).

yergacheffe fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 22, 2014

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'd use the fruit dragons if they had subtypes. Plain dragons are pretty limited, even with good awakenings.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

DaveWoo posted:

On the whole "how to awaken Satan" question, my advice would be to just run Metal Dragons regardless. If you're lucky and get some Tamadras, great; if not, well, you'll still end up with a whole bunch of King Metals to feed to your spare Satans. That's what I did, and it worked out just fine for me.

I was going to post something along these lines at one point and then I realized it'd be bullshit because for me personally I still wouldn't give those tamadra to satan. :shrug:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Eddain posted:

I'd use the fruit dragons if they had subtypes. Plain dragons are pretty limited, even with good awakenings.

Maybe after another year of power creep if they get ultimates. Adding a subtype right now would be crazy overpowered with those awakenings.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I was under the impression that fruit dragons were added as an extra little boost for colour- and not type-based teams, and that's precisely the reason they're Dragon-type, because Dragon-type is 99% useless.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Sweet thanks for the advice, dudes. Hopefully I snag that cold hearted bastard tomorrow.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Cryohazard posted:

I was under the impression that fruit dragons were added as an extra little boost for colour- and not type-based teams, and that's precisely the reason they're Dragon-type, because Dragon-type is 99% useless.

They really shine with gronia (jesus gently caress I want melon dragon and grape dragon so bad).

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Cryohazard posted:

Green Sonia / Grape Dragon / Melon Dragon / Dragon Zombie / Draggie might be fun I guess?

I don't get why they felt the need to make the dragon boost only 2.5x. It's already one of the worst types

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cryohazard posted:

Pretty much the same awakenings as the ridiculously good FA Lucifer (plus a rank of Extend Time!) with an eight turn orb change is an appealing package to tempt someone to run an off-type monster. I'm not as keen on it as a few other posters, but it's a worthy contender for sure. If one falls into my lap during a Godfest I may have to give it some serious thought.

For now I'm pretty content with a combination of Vampire/DJ till I max skill my Persephone/Loki/King Baddie/Hera-Ur/a few other subs. Big thing I need is either a FA Lucifer or a Cerberus. Still using janky old Hera-Ur for an orb enhancer till I get a real one.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

rivals posted:

I was going to post something along these lines at one point and then I realized it'd be bullshit because for me personally I still wouldn't give those tamadra to satan. :shrug:

I didn't, either. :haw:

PaulC posted:

Green Sonia / Grape Dragon / Melon Dragon / Dragon Zombie / Draggie might be fun I guess?

I don't get why they felt the need to make the dragon boost only 2.5x. It's already one of the worst types

I'd probably go full Green - Green Sonia / Green Ripper / Canopus / Draggie / Melon Dragon. With a Green Sonia friend leader, that gives you 4 Row Enhances, plus 8 Skill Boosts, plus the option to turn the whole board Green (Sonia -> Ripper), enhance the board, and fire Draggie, to the tune of somewhere around 3-4 million damage.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

DaveWoo posted:

I'd probably go full Green - Green Sonia / Green Ripper / Canopus / Draggie / Melon Dragon. With a Green Sonia friend leader, that gives you 4 Row Enhances, plus 8 Skill Boosts, plus the option to turn the whole board Green (Sonia -> Ripper), enhance the board, and fire Draggie, to the tune of somewhere around 3-4 million damage.

I'd do the same team pretty much except using Melody in place of Canopus. On the subject of Green Row Teams, I've put together the following team for Perseus:

Perseus / Melon Dragon / Cu Chu / Astaroth / Sasuke

I initially put Artemis in place of Cu Chu to maximize Row Enhancements but I feel that her active conflicts with Perseus' too much and also with Melon Dragon, I'm going to need something to break all the hearts that this team can produce. Interested in hearing others' thoughts on this team make-up.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Pretty much the same awakenings as the ridiculously good FA Lucifer (plus a rank of Extend Time!) with an eight turn orb change is an appealing package to tempt someone to run an off-type monster. I'm not as keen on it as a few other posters, but it's a worthy contender for sure. If one falls into my lap during a Godfest I may have to give it some serious thought.

For now I'm pretty content with a combination of Vampire/DJ till I max skill my Persephone/Loki/King Baddie/Hera-Ur/a few other subs. Big thing I need is either a FA Lucifer or a Cerberus. Still using janky old Hera-Ur for an orb enhancer till I get a real one.

Just did the math. With a 1-combo row match:

DJ team: Satan/DJ/Vamp/Loki/Bad Luci/Satan: 292,450 damage
Grape team: Satan/Grape/Vamp/Loki/Bad Luci/Satan: 286,001 damage

Grape does 2% less damage than the same team with DJ, but you gain a lot of stuff: 2 skill charge awakenings, 0.5s extended movement, +40% enhanced orbs, and a 3000 hp heal.

These are pretty big things. The skill charges mean that you have Vamp and Luci available turn one, whereas with DJ they're available on turn 3. This is really, really important for a lot of dungeons. As for the extended movement, most people average a combo every half second to second, so a half second should be worth something like 3/4 a combo on average, which is 3/4 * 25% = 19% damage increase on average, more than making up for the 2%. I'd argue that it's actually way better than that for a team that relies on making row matches, since some of those two row splits can take a while, and missing one more than halves your damage.

e: also, the heal lets you use Satan -> Grape -> Satan! With max skilled Satans this powerful combination would only take 20 turns to stall for with the awakenings! :v:

mphill fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 22, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mphill posted:

Just did the math. With a 1-combo row match:

DJ team: Satan/DJ/Vamp/Loki/Bad Luci/Satan: 292,450 damage
Grape team: Satan/Grape/Vamp/Loki/Bad Luci/Satan: 286,001 damage

Grape does 2% less damage than the same team with DJ, but you gain a lot of stuff: 2 skill charge awakenings, 0.5s extended movement, +40% enhanced orbs, and a 3000 hp heal.

These are pretty big things. The skill charges mean that you have Vamp and Luci available turn one, whereas with DJ they're available on turn 3. This is really, really important for a lot of dungeons. As for the extended movement, most people average a combo every half second to second, so a half second should be worth something like 3/4 a combo on average, which is 3/4 * 25% = 19% damage increase on average, more than making up for the 2%. I'd argue that it's actually way better than that for a team that relies on making row matches, since some of those two row splits can take a while, and missing one more than halves your damage.

e: also, the heal lets you use Satan -> Grape -> Satan! With max skilled Satans this powerful combination would only take 20 turns to stall for with the awakenings! :v:

Looks about right to me, although DJ isn't really a top of the heap Satan sub. The competitors for the spot the Grape would take up are Gryps or Persephone. I'm guessing Gryps comes out notably ahead. Persephone would be closer especially once she gets that rank of skill boost to help her crummy first three awakenings.

It's certainly not bad by any stretch. Not sure it takes a spot in REM-heavy best of the best teams, but if I had one I'd probably throw some resources into it over time. Really the strength of Satan teams is how flexible they are depending on what subs you have available to you. It's a question of which ridiculously kickass Satan team you have the pieces for, not whether you have the pieces to make it work at all.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Looks about right to me, although DJ isn't really a top of the heap Satan sub. The competitors for the spot the Grape would take up are Gryps or Persephone. I'm guessing Gryps comes out notably ahead. Persephone would be closer especially once she gets that rank of skill boost to help her crummy first three awakenings.

It's certainly not bad by any stretch. Not sure it takes a spot in REM-heavy best of the best teams, but if I had one I'd probably throw some resources into it over time. Really the strength of Satan teams is how flexible they are depending on what subs you have available to you. It's a question of which ridiculously kickass Satan team you have the pieces for, not whether you have the pieces to make it work at all.

I guess it depends on how powerful the 0.5s is. I've never used it, much less on a row awakening team, so I'm not really sure.

Honestly, I thought the two row enhance awakenings would come out significantly ahead, but I guess you start running into diminishing returns. It's actually giving me second thoughts on Grape over Persephone. I'd like to try it, but man is that an expensive experiment.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Grape is also really really good on a mono-dark team for what it's worth.

My team is D/D Batman, Bad Lucifer, Vampire and Hanzo. I wanted a little more defense, so Grape Dragon it is. With a Loki friend it's 70% row bonus, two offensive orb changers, one defensive orb changer and Lucifer because he's Lucifer. A well-balanced team that can burst when it needs to. The only thing I'd put in the Grape Dragon slot is Loki, which is totally useless with a friend loki since their abilities don't stack.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mphill posted:

I guess it depends on how powerful the 0.5s is. I've never used it, much less on a row awakening team, so I'm not really sure.

Honestly, I thought the two row enhance awakenings would come out significantly ahead, but I guess you start running into diminishing returns. It's actually giving me second thoughts on Grape over Persephone. I'd like to try it, but man is that an expensive experiment.

I'd love a couple +0.5s awakenings on my Satan team, the problem is finding a way to fit them in without sacrificing things like orb changes or row awakenings.

To state the obvious, part of what hurts the Grape dragon is the typing. Losing that 12.25x multiplier on 1457atk on Persephone or 1466atk on Gryps stings. He's still viable, but I suspect the numbers will fall pretty consistently on the side of Persephone or Gryps. I'd rate him in a similar category to DJ actually. If you have Grape maxed/awoken by all means use him, if you have other teams that would want him then go for it too. I don't know that I'd rush to max and awaken purely for a Satan team though unless your other options aren't particularly good.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?
NA event announced

quote:

*Mardi Gras*
[Duration]: 2/24 (Mon), midnight - 3/4 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PST)

The Spirit of Festivity is alive within the world of Puzzle & Dragons! In the days leading up to Mardi Gras, we're dancing the nights away! With impressive bonuses, new dungeons, and a very special Egg Machine, this event has it all! We hope you have a great Mardi Gras!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
2/24 - 3/4 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Samba Ruby Struts His Stuff
2/24, 12:00 PM - 3/4 11:59 PM (PST)
Samba Ruby Dragon has arrived, ladies and gentlemen! For a limited time, you can find him in his own dungeon, yours to own! He's a powerful enhance material, so he's sure to bring his passion for life to other members of your team!

■③ Pink Dragon Egg Machine
There's nothing quite like a visit from old friends! The 5 previously Japan-exclusive Healer-type girls have decided to visit for the festivities, and this time they've brought with them the Five Elements Gods! This renewal lasts all week, but once the event is over, they're gone!

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
2/24 - Hera-Ur Descended!
2/25 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
2/26 - The Goddess Descended!
2/25 - 2/26 - Trifruits Descended!
2/27 - Tower of Jewel
2/27 - Twinlits Descend!
2/28 - Izanami Descends!
3/1 - Hera-Is Descended!
3/2 - Beelzebub Descended!
3/3 - Athena Descended!
3/4 - Hera Descended

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Rare Egg Event:
2/24 - 3/4 - All Eggs Guaranteed [+]
Pal Egg Event:
2/24 - 3/4 - Rare Evo Materials

2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from Super Jewel King Dragons]
Increased Appearance rates for TAMADRA in the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
TAMADRA may appear in Pengdra Village

■⑥ Bonus Surprises!
We may still have a surprise in store for this event, so keep your eyes peeled! *Wink*

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

We're getting the sticker girls?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Increased Tamadra appearance? Welp guess I'm not ranking up and wasting all my stamina on jewel dragons.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Here's hoping they activate that Indian busty data they just gave us.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Potsticker posted:

We're getting the sticker girls?

Yes, that's what the announcement says. I don't know why it says 'previously JP-exclusive' though since we've had the pink dragon rem at least once before, maybe twice?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Unknown_PC posted:

2/24 - 3/4 - All Eggs Guaranteed [+]

Only $1485 for a guaranteed fully +'d character!!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

berserker posted:

Assuming you get equal amounts of all three + types!

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Potsticker posted:

Assuming you get equal amounts of all three + types!

Someone in Japan will spend the money to do this.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I will get Hera-Ur this time. I think I need her for Queen of the Gods. There's no way I can stall for Gravity, so enhance it is.

e: and sticker girls huh... Fuu + Angel Cinnamon + Valk could be fun

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 22, 2014

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Uh, what are the "Five Elements Gods"?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Uh, what are the "Five Elements Gods"?

Chinese.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

No free Tamadra and no Groove Coaster. :mad:

berserker posted:

My friend tells me people actually do this...?!?

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Have we gotten all the elemental carnivals since they last refreshed the REM? The refresh started with Forest Gala, and after this weirdo carnival I think it's due to loop around. Looks like my wish for an Indian x Green carnival might come true...... squeee Pavarti party happy whale time

I don't think I've used my present egg yet... Anyone want it? (358,366,276)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Xtanstic posted:

My friend tells me people actually do this...?!?
Yes, people in Japan actually do this.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Part of me is excited for another vent so soon, but the other part wonders when I'll ever get around to finishing the last 5 sets of normal dungeons.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ya, I think I've found my healer team. Valk/Angel Cinnamon/Fuu/LL Archangel/Valkitty/Valk, as if I will ever have the light XP to make that happen.

Dammit GungHo I told myself I was done shaking hands with these damned dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
umm... what are the drop odds on the GungHo Samba Collab? Because if I can buy ruby kings for 10 stam a pop this is going to be crazy.

• Locked thread