Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

He has the best jab combo in the game. It has an absolutely insane hitbox that will suck people in and does about 15% if you hit with it well.

The last hit also kills at around 130% or so, respect the King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

I love how their patch note regarding balance is:

What adjustments!?

The adjustments that give everybody a placebo effect on character changes. :laugh:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

quote:

Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Ah, they learned from the Hearthstone school of patch notes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Supercar Gautier posted:

the pic of the day is a shulk party

all those comfy sweaters

I'm really feeling it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So, someone mentioned leaving the 3DS on overnight for the 50 hour challenge thing. Does it have to include a human player or can I just set four Level 9 CPUs to beat each other up in a time match set to infinity time?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbp posted:

also do you have to have your friend code memorized because there's no way I know mine
just go to your friends list on your 3ds and hover over your own name and bam, there's your friend code

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

KennyMan666 posted:

So, someone mentioned leaving the 3DS on overnight for the 50 hour challenge thing. Does it have to include a human player or can I just set four Level 9 CPUs to beat each other up in a time match set to infinity time?

The former. 4 CPUs won't get recorded in your stats.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

KennyMan666 posted:

Don't set the time limit to infinity, if you quit that match it won't count the time.

Just choose Bowser or some other heavyweight as the player character, a level 1 Jigglypuff or something as the CPU and set the stock to 99. That match should take a couple of hours.

If you wanna extend it, you can mess with equipment and give yourself improved defense and the CPU reduced attack.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
How the hell do I get the Streetpass achievements? I've had the game since launch and only 2 streetpasses.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Patter Song posted:

How the hell do I get the Streetpass achievements? I've had the game since launch and only 2 streetpasses.

Practice mode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Patter Song posted:

live somewhere less lovely, or use golden hammers, or set up a HomePass relay.

(you probably wanna do the hammers thing)

and apart from the "Get (X) hits in StreetSmash" challenge they can all be done in practice mode anyway.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Patter Song posted:

Practice Mode is your friend. Set up the number of opponents you need and then just do what the challenges tell you to do. Only one Challenge needs Streetpass and that can be broken by a single Gold Hammer anyways.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

- "Mii Fighters" info box now says "Create a unique fighter based on a Mii character!" rather than "... on an a Mii character!"

- A glitch in the For Glory records where your play time would be listed as [total hours]:[total minutes] instead of [total hours]:[total minutes % 60] was fixed. Previously, a play time of 2:30 would have displayed as 2:150 before the update.

- Unconfirmed: There have been reports of Falco getting a faster dash. His Dair has also been said to be buffed significantly.

- Unconfirmed: Palutena has also said to be a faster character overall.

- Unconfirmed: Olimar's Pikmin have been said to possess AI that's more stable in Ver. 1.0.3.

> Yoshi no longer has armor on his aerials
> Wario's weird vectoring is still present
> Mega Buster (FSmash) now travels farther (Almost half the stage)
> "The Conquest Chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active."
> ZSS Apparently nerfed, D Special and Up Special don't KO at 90%
> Ness' D Air Meteors are easier to hit
> Falcon D Throw easier to connect, knee also easier to connect
> Possible upgrade in internet servers
> Yoshi Ledge glitch unfixed
> Ganon D Tilt has a different trajectory. (From straight up to up and away)
> They fixed ALL of Meta Knight's hitbox problems
> Sheik has little to no landing lag on her FAir
> Shulk's FAir got a range increase, shorter landing lag
> Robin's Arcfire lasts longer
> DK's smashes come out faster (small amount)
> Marth's ranges are slightly longer

These are at least some of the balance changes from looking at other places.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

bobjr posted:

- "Mii Fighters" info box now says "Create a unique fighter based on a Mii character!" rather than "... on an a Mii character!"

- A glitch in the For Glory records where your play time would be listed as [total hours]:[total minutes] instead of [total hours]:[total minutes % 60] was fixed. Previously, a play time of 2:30 would have displayed as 2:150 before the update.

- Unconfirmed: There have been reports of Falco getting a faster dash. His Dair has also been said to be buffed significantly.

- Unconfirmed: Olimar's Pikmin have been said to possess AI that's more stable in Ver. 1.0.3.

> "The Conquest Chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active."

I've seen nearly all of these claims debunked.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

So this is what it truly means to be a fighting game player and be enraged at things like buffs and nerfs. Pardon me while I yell in futility at a god who cares not for my trivial matters.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sheik's forward air getting a buff would be so sexy.

"no changes made to king dedede as he is already balanced perfectly, as well as being perfect in all other ways."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

bobjr posted:

> Falcon D Throw easier to connect

Wait, how do you make a down throw easier to use? :psyduck:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

bobjr posted:

If this is true I'm about to get a lot better lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bobjr posted:

I smell bullshit.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The only one I can confirm is that Palutena seems to move faster. The rest I just found looking for what the balances actually are.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

If this is true I'm about to get a lot better lol

*Plays ROB, lands in front of Mega Man, uses side B to reflect buster right back into Mega Man's bitch face.*

Edit: Just saying Mega Man might need a little more work than making his buster go further. Dude is a reflect characters wet dream.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 27, 2014

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Is it just me or is Mii Gunner completely better than Samus

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Oh massively, the Mii gunner is fantastic. Samus is poo poo.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I'm being completely serious when I say that Mii gunner is probably among the top three characters. Remember that the Miis can have custom moves even with customization off and give the Mii the Grenade neutral B and never look back.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Well I've gotten every Classic and All-Star trophy and have completed all but one of the challenges (1000 KOs, and I'm well on my way; though I did use hammers for some of them) and I'm up to 660 trophies!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Fibby Boy posted:

*Plays ROB, lands in front of Mega Man, uses side B to reflect buster right back into Mega Man's bitch face.*

Edit: Just saying Mega Man might need a little more work than making his buster go further. Dude is a reflect characters wet dream.

He is unfortunately, because he doesn't have a neutral attack combo like a lot of characters just the dinky little shots which are decent when trying to stop someone but poo poo for punishing

The forward smash you HAVE to play around reflect characters. A decent amount of my losses come from getting too antsy and going for the forward smash against someone good at timing the counter, but then again once they get used to your timing you can change it up a bit to hit after it goes away or before. Fun game regardless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bobjr posted:

It never hit people straight up.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

If the Ness D-air thing is true I'm about to be dunking a lot more people. Always seemed kind of clumsy to meteor with before.
Also :wow: Balance patches in a Smash bros game! I guess this is the future.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cicadas! posted:

If the Ness D-air thing is true I'm about to be dunking a lot more people.

It's not, it's still stupidly specific.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
How do you deal with people shielding every single aerial you do into a grab?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

It's not, it's still stupidly specific.

Dang. :(

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Level Slide posted:

I hope Fox retains that voice in the next Star Fox game so that he confuses all of the Great Fox newbie pilots that hyped him up as some super badass pilot. Then he destroys a battleship five seconds after launching, thereby cementing his badass piloting skills while having a dorky voice.
I am okay with this if only because it's loving hilarious having your greatest hero as a new cadet sound like...well, that.

I don't hate Fox's voice at all by the way, I've enjoyed every incarnation. The only time I hated a voice change in Star Fox was Leon's in Assault.
Why did you change the evil British accent to a knife-licking psycho stock voice goddammit guys
Least they kept his evil Britishness for 3DS, that made me happy.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

The Crusher posted:

How do you deal with people shielding every single aerial you do into a grab?

Crush them!!!

Crush them by just grabbing them and squeezing em between your palms

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
More discovered?

quote:

> Marth's counter range slightly shorter.
> Yoshi has second flutter jump.
> Villager's up-b recovery is shorter.
> King Dedede's gordos disappear after 1.5 seconds.
> Leaf Shield (dspecial) requires Villager to pour water on it to activate.
> Ganon has been removed to reflect Sakurai's father's living status.
> Little Mac now has boxing gloves attached to his feet.
> Charizard chomps a head of broccoli instead of a rock to promote healthy eating choices.
> Shield button now permanently remapped to select button
> Shulk feels it 50% more

http://smashboards.com/threads/version-1-0-3-is-out.375232/page-5

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Well I keep losing online since the patch so obviously something has changed

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Louisgod posted:

More discovered?

Gonna be honest, I kinda wish the Little Mac and Charizard ones were true.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ehhhh I don't buy this. How could Shulk be feeling it any more than he was. I mean, he was really feeling it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've played yoshi since the patch, and i can tell you right now the flutter jump one isn't true.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mabels big day posted:

I've played yoshi since the patch, and i can tell you right now the flutter jump one isn't true.

Did you check if Little Mac has boxing gloves on his feet??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
what's the deal with Gordo hitboxes? I know that occasionally when I lob one at someone who's grabbing the ledge, it will hit them on the back and bounce them off the platform, usually netting an instant kill, but most of the time it just passes right through them.

• Locked thread