Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Also my PSN is richardgatsby I am cool and attractive and will probably use that sweet cane whip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
who wants to e my bloodbuddy

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

LurkinGhost posted:

Found something interesting on the fextralife wiki, I'm looking for any sort of confirmation on this and fextralife isn't always the most reliable source so take this with a grain of salt, about some covenants.

Giant Spider has a covenant. You can 'kidnap' / incapacitate other players during invasions to take them into a dungeon in your own world where you play the boss. Players must escape your dungeon and are unable to leave until defeating the area boss (you, or an AI boss if they return offline / disconnect to escape).

Again not sure its real, and if it is I'm not sure how exactly it will work, but this could be fun.

That sounds both loving terrible and loving great at the same time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Unmature posted:

I bought my PS4 for Persona and Bloodborne was a nice surprise. But seriously, there's tons to play on the thing. I've only had mine a bit over a week and I've finished The Last of Us and played a bunch of GTA and Valiant Hearts and have a pretty good list of stuff to buy.

There's tons to play..... on PC where it looks better :colbert:

That said, PS4 is okay in my book. Much better UI than Xbone, and infamous second son is turning into an alright game. Not great by any means, but alright. Bloodborne is gonna be the poo poo though.

Killzone sucks balls though. I regret getting it even at massive discount. Anybody who said Killzone has next-gen graphics is loving lying. It has a couple of really cool set pieces and then it settles into pretty generic PS3 style COD action and graphics.

LurkinGhost posted:

Found something interesting on the fextralife wiki, I'm looking for any sort of confirmation on this and fextralife isn't always the most reliable source so take this with a grain of salt, about some covenants.

Giant Spider has a covenant. You can 'kidnap' / incapacitate other players during invasions to take them into a dungeon in your own world where you play the boss. Players must escape your dungeon and are unable to leave until defeating the area boss (you, or an AI boss if they return offline / disconnect to escape).

Again not sure its real, and if it is I'm not sure how exactly it will work, but this could be fun.

There's no way that's real.

But holy loving poo poo if it was :stare: That'd be the greatest thing. Ratbros, only you get to play as the boss, demon's souls style?! Sign me RIGHT up.

The part that makes me pretty sure its bogus is the "they're trapped until defeating the area boss". I guess if they're allowed to go offline and fight an AI boss, maybe, but that still sounds way too good to be true.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Kilometers Davis posted:

PS4s are awesome. It's my favorite console ever and I'm not even joking about that. Okay maybe the Dreamcast but. The fact that Bloodborne is a big exclusive really sold me on the console. Sony has a ton of problems but the fact that one of their biggest games is a blood dripping spooky slash fest full of wheelchair daddies and werewolves rules. No way Microsoft would ever do that.

But enough about The Order: 1886 :v:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Pony Incident posted:

But enough about The Order: 1886 :v:

Dead serious when I say I absolutely loved everything about that game.

I'm that one guy.

No one cares but I also think it's cool that Sony put out a super cinematic game and an incredibly gamey game within a few months.

PS4 is a friend.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I am staying spoiler free. Do people say it plays much like a souls game though? Is it more or less demon's/dark souls 4 or is it more different?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

redreader posted:

I am staying spoiler free. Do people say it plays much like a souls game though? Is it more or less demon's/dark souls 4 or is it more different?

Its more different from the rest of the souls games than any other souls game is, but its also more like souls games than anything else.

Its dark souls with some new mechanics and some tweaks on the old ones. But more is the same than different.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

redreader posted:

Imagine Demon's Souls/Dark Souls 2 level of speed and fluidity, with shields replaced by crossbows, and all players are permanently equipped with an on-hit activated Evil Eye ring.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Neogaf saying Day 1 patch was put up. Allegedly these are the patch notes:

Update notes:

Version 1.01
- Add online functionality
- Game performance and stability improvements.
- Bug fixes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What's the absolute cheapest way to get a PS4, besides it being given to me for free by a member of this forum or even this thread 💁

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

What's the absolute cheapest way to get a PS4, besides it being given to me for free by a member of this forum or even this thread 💁

theft

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Get one used, preferably somewhere where you know someone that can use their employee discount.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

net cafe scandal posted:

Do the fextralife wiki's contest and try to win it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If you're Danish you can donate some blood and you'll get a free copy of bloodborne and maybe a special edition PS4 that you can sell for enough money to buy a regular PS4 and some extra stuff.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

net cafe scandal posted:

Buy it now asap before it sells out and the ebay value skyrockets on Tuesday

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestonJew posted:

If you're Danish you can donate some blood and you'll get a free copy of bloodborne and maybe a special edition PS4 that you can sell for enough money to buy a regular PS4 and some extra stuff.

Wait, really?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RatHat posted:

Wait, really?

Yes

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dude that's loving cool.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Trophies are up: http://www.exophase.com/game/bloodborne-ps4/trophies/

Spoilers of course.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lack of "collect all miracles/sorceries/pyromancies" achievement implies that we won't actually have spells in this game.

Looks like there's gonna be a good variety of zones, these locations sound amazing.

Looks like there's gonna be a good variety of bosses, these boss names sound amazing.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

a harpy posted:

Get one used, preferably somewhere where you know someone that can use their employee discount.
Cowboom is probably the cheapest legit way to get a PS4. They are owned by best buy. Look at their current deal of the day.
http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

Granted, that is $230 for a console in 'fair condition' that does not come with a controller. Who knows as to what kind of barely working horror they will actually ship you.

Personally, last week I bought the $393 deal on amazon that came with codes for Last of us remastered, Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall. Figure I'll probably play the Last of Us, given how much I hear about it, and the console will probably get used for Persona 5. Maybe Disgaea 5 too. I'll get something else out of it besides Bloodborne. Bloodborne was definitely what tipped it into the shopping cart though.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 19, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Those names are so cool

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jesus these names.

Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.

Defeat Micolash, Host of the Nightmare.

Defeat Great One: Mergo's Wet Nurse.

Defeat Great One: Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.

Yea ok, Bloodborne, I guess poo poo gets real here huh

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008
edit: ahh beaten oh ell

net cafe scandal posted:

Used PS4

http://slickdeals.net/f/7735941-cowboom-sony-playstation-ps4-500gb-gaming-console-black-229-dotd?v=1

Sorry I spilled coffee on my keyboard the other day so my W key is broken right no so there are a lot of missing Ws.

I haven't had any problems buying from coboom but you need to be careful because hat is included in the box doesn't alays have a controller. Keep refreshing the site until it shos a controller in the box. The controller ill be the most expensive thing you'll be missing. It's still an alright price even ithout the controller... Controllers go on sale for every no and then for 40 - 45 USD. You can buy used for 40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9X9W/sr=8-1/qid=1426721085/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1426721085&sr=8-1

Look for this on the coboom site. It should say ireless controller.

What's in the box?
Game Console
Ac Power Cable
Warranty Seal

If you literally only ant it for bloodbourne this is decently cheap.

Some dude on slickdeals posted:

once you're at the link the OP posted if you don't see one you like, hit CTL+F5. this will refresh the page and cache meaning it'll bring up a different system. I tried this about 20 min ago and got one with a controller and usb cord. I'm not ordering as i dont' need it but just to see what's available if i were to want one.

ObesePriest fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 19, 2015

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

If those trophies are an indicator they plan to be a little bit more forthcoming with the story details in this one, I am pretty stoked about that. I don't want to get the story through item descriptions and YouTube videos this time around.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ObesePriest posted:

so my W key is broken right no so there are a lot of missing Ws.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Had to copy and paste those Ws :)

LurkinGhost
Oct 9, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Lack of "collect all miracles/sorceries/pyromancies" achievement implies that we won't actually have spells in this game.

Looks like there's gonna be a good variety of zones, these locations sound amazing.

Looks like there's gonna be a good variety of bosses, these boss names sound amazing.

Also to note there is no achievement for any covenants, which makes me wonder if there is less of an emphasis on finding all the covenants or if there were scraped some time during development.

And I still can't find a source other than fextralife for my earlier post, but we can still dream. :allears:

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Cosmic kin? Does this become The Color Out of Space?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Three endings going by the trophies. And possibly Demon's Souls connection what with one being you become a "Great One" in one of them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

threeagainstfour posted:

If those trophies are an indicator they plan to be a little bit more forthcoming with the story details in this one, I am pretty stoked about that. I don't want to get the story through item descriptions and YouTube videos this time around.

Uh, what? In what way is this any different than Dark Souls 1 or 2's trophies? :confused:

You're getting that from nothing, dude. The names of bosses always appear on-screen when you fight them, so its not like that was ever a secret. And knowing names doesn't imply anything about the story.

Its still going to be pretty obscure, most of the "story" in souls games happens before you show up and you're just putting together the pieces and telling your own tales of adventuring through the dungeons. There are some NPCs as always though who say a few things.

Genocyber posted:

Three endings going by the trophies. And possibly Demon's Souls connection what with one being you become a "Great One" in one of them.

I think somebody said earlier that there were 4 or 5 endings but I guess we don't know if that's legit or not. Either way, pretty cool.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 19, 2015

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Huge spoiler. I didn't watch it but I know some of you might want to.

New boss fight video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbH4GpMMMdQ

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ObesePriest posted:

edit: ahh beaten oh ell

Used PS4

http://slickdeals.net/f/7735941-cowboom-sony-playstation-ps4-500gb-gaming-console-black-229-dotd?v=1

Sorry I spilled coffee on my keyboard the other day so my W key is broken right no so there are a lot of missing Ws.

I haven't had any problems buying from coboom but you need to be careful because hat is included in the box doesn't alays have a controller. Keep refreshing the site until it shos a controller in the box. The controller ill be the most expensive thing you'll be missing. It's still an alright price even ithout the controller... Controllers go on sale for every no and then for 40 - 45 USD. You can buy used for 40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9X9W/sr=8-1/qid=1426721085/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1426721085&sr=8-1

Look for this on the coboom site. It should say ireless controller.

What's in the box?
Game Console
Ac Power Cable
Warranty Seal

If you literally only ant it for bloodbourne this is decently cheap.

Lmao... thank you, to you and the other poster. I guess I'm actually doing this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

a harpy posted:

This is exactly the kind of spoiler I'm not clicking on.

Man I'm so excited, but we've still got 6 days to go :(

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002

a harpy posted:

Those screams holy poo poo.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
I havent been hyped or cared about this game. Never really bothered about dark souls and never played demon souls.

Though this week as each day passes I feel myself getting more and more excited.

I hope its good and I hope if I buy it it wont make me rage quit. I was poo poo at dark souls but maybe now after the years gone by I might be ready to give that style of game a proper go at it.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Add me on PSN: Delaio for some bloodborne action. As excited for this as I was for DS1/2 and Demons Souls. These games loving rule and I'm actually not-terrible at them.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

a harpy posted:

Well, I guess we now know what happens to the praying maiden in white we saw in the trailers :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

a harpy posted:

Cosmic kin? Does this become The Color Out of Space?

That is exactly the first thing I thought of when I read that.

• Locked thread