Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

"Values-Clarification Class?" What is that? It feels like it's just a bunch of words he's cobbled together that means "liberal bad."

:allears: Never stop, Rorus.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Man, you go whole-hog with these edits. The "I <3 Pants" cup, the Pants Donkey pictures, and the best little touch, you can tell that the one general isn't wearing pants through the chair.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You would not know who that is without the Obama logo on it. It's just a pot-bellied racist stereotype.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The purple lips are a giveaway.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Little Sambo's first T-Ball practice.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Rorus Raz posted:

You would not know who that is without the Obama logo on it. It's just a pot-bellied racist stereotype.

Sadly, I've seen enough McCoy cartoons to identify who it is supposed to be even without the logo, and now I feel bad.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The lamestream media is being too soft on their questions of Obama cause they want to make him look good grahh!

I made this helpful guide to help you through how the reaction would go depending on politician / question combo.

e: i spent like 5 minutes on this don't judge

alnilam fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 30, 2014

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

CarterUSM posted:

This requires love.

From the pants over Obama's ears, to the pictures of Pants Donkey, to the "I <3 Pants" on the mug, to the very subtle fact that the Chief of Staff of the Air Force is clearly not wearing pants, himself, this is a thing of beauty.

But then it's Rorus Raz. :golfclap:

CarterUSM posted:

And the pants on the cigarette in the ashtray!

Oh my God, it's like a fractal.

I didn't catch any of that before, holy gently caress

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Prism posted:

Sadly, I've seen enough McCoy cartoons to identify who it is supposed to be even without the logo, and now I feel bad.
I'm saying if you don't read political cartoons constantly like weirdos like us, you would have no idea who that is without blatant clues from the artist.

It's McCoy being a little child drawing Obama like the baby of the Grinch and a Golliwog.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought she just recently made a book by that title?
If by "just recently" you mean the better part of two decades ago, yes.

Mister Beeg posted:

At least Asay isn't advocating hate crime against gays.

...that's a REALLY low bar, huh?
Hermes would have some trouble with it, yes.
Turns out it was just a poorly thought out halloween costume and half a dozen people just participated in a 3rd degree murder/manslaughter.

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm saying if you don't read political cartoons constantly like weirdos like us, you would have no idea who that is without blatant clues from the artist.
We're broken people, aren't we :smith:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
God help me, I liked a 7oDN. Now I have to go and abort a fetus to make up for it.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Rincewinds posted:

God help me, I liked a 7oDN. Now I have to go and abort a fetus to make up for it.

Make sure it's a gay abortion. Otherwise it won't count.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I dont know posted:

Ah, yes. God Bless evangelical Christians, the true defenders of homosexuals in America.

Look, god only hates the fags because he loves them.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

"Values-Clarification Class?" What is that? It feels like it's just a bunch of words he's cobbled together that means "liberal bad."

Mirthless posted:

Doing some looking, it looks like Values Clarification was (since I can't find anything about it but christians being outraged) some vaguely new-agey program that pushed self-affirmation really hard and it made Christians very angry by disputing the purported "plan" that god has for all of us. I don't know how many of you guys had crazy religious family members you engaged with, but in the mid-90s the New Age surge was driving them crazy and they were chimping out and throwing their poo poo at the walls. We picked up one of our distant relatives on the way to the family reunion one year and Enya came on the radio and he went into a tirade about how this music was full of hidden messages and how the New Age movement was a tool of Satan to lure in unsuspecting Christians.

Basically Asay only draws cartoons for the people he intends to view them and he doesn't care what anyone else thinks because they're irrelevant. Like, six of his readers probably got this joke, and because they're almost certainly like Asay, rather than laughing they just gave a gruff nod to the paper and a stern scowl to everyone except the christian family in the center of the room. I'd almost argue that this is a de-integration cartoon in a hilarious way, which is hosed considering there would only be one kid left in the class. D: My Ideal White America :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oh. She re-released it in 2006, which is why I remember her giving an interview on it.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 30, 2014

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Webguy posted:

So if Obama is Batman and Holder is Superman, wouldn't they have overcome a lot of animosity?
:goonsay:

Eric Holder looked on and did virtually nothing as entire cities were destroyed by "his people", doing billions of dollars of damage and killing thousands of innocent people. A Bad Cartoon.

Look, someone had to do it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Rorus Raz posted:

It's McCoy being a little child drawing Obama like the baby of the Grinch and a Golliwog.

Yeah that I'll agree with. It's one of the worst Obamas, up there with Wormbama.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Last Panel:

"I'm just loving with you all. It's a Right to Work state. You're all fired and I've hired 18 year olds to take your place. They're CHEAP!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Taerkar posted:

Last Panel:

"I'm just loving with you all. It's a Right to Work state. You're all fired and I've hired 18 year olds to take your place. They're CHEAP!"

You, like millions before and likely after, are confusing "right to work" with "at-will employment."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The eagle on the flag is also a donkey now if I'm seeing it correctly. This is the eye spy of edits.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Why is this Islamist radical covered in nipples?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You, like millions before and likely after, are confusing "right to work" with "at-will employment."

Maybe he's going next level and implying that since it's right to work, union membership has tanked, and therefore there are no employee protections that union members would normally have, thus they are more easily let go.

I mean probably not though.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jhmm yes executions are exactly like front-line combat. ALTERNATE UNIVERSE CARTOON: Al Qaeda heroes shoot up American torturer holding a syringe and IV bag filled with the execution cocktail. "Don't bring a needle to a gunfight, owned bitch :smug:"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Turns out it was just a poorly thought out halloween costume and half a dozen people just participated in a 3rd degree murder/manslaughter.

It's probably more related to that beheading that happened in Oklahoma, where a :byodood: converted Islamist :byodood: beheaded a coworker after he got suspended from his job when he got into an argument with the woman he beheaded over race - she then complained to HR and got him suspended. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/30/oklahoma-beheading-suspect-charged-with-murder-could-face-the-death-penalty/

It's probably more of an issue of workplace violence, but with the recent beheadings by ISIS, I'm sure people are thinking it's more terrorism than anything else.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I don't get the problem; it's just stantis saying how useless his illustrator is.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 1, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CarterUSM posted:

And the pants on the cigarette in the ashtray!

Oh my God, it's like a fractal.

Take a closer look at the pattern on the curtains.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Not pictured: The twelve bystanders injured or killed by missed shots and penetrating shots.

E: holy gently caress one of the shooters has his loving eyes closed.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 1, 2014

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

I'll never get over just how childish the right can get.

"Heh, sure wish those turrists would try beheading someone over here, we'd show 'em, am I right guys?" :smug:

Yes, Bok. I'm sure your juvenile heroic power fantasy will show those mean old terrorists. Now go play with your toys, the adults are talking.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

No man, our guns will totally protect us just like at the Boston Marathon and 9/11 and and and

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

chairface posted:

No man, our guns will totally protect us just like at the Boston Marathon and 9/11 and and and

Well it's not like anyone in ISIS is armed with more than a knife. And the Syrians and Iraqis didn't have guns, so this was inevitable.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Arthur Crackpot posted:

I'll never get over just how childish the right can get.

"Heh, sure wish those turrists would try beheading someone over here, we'd show 'em, am I right guys?" :smug:

Yes, Bok. I'm sure your juvenile heroic power fantasy will show those mean old terrorists. Now go play with your toys, the adults are talking.

It kind of did happen the other day. Not that it's anything but a weird and lurid instance of workplace violence.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The eagle on the flag is also a donkey now if I'm seeing it correctly. This is the eye spy of edits.
Yeah, I noted that earlier. I'm just sad he didn't think to make some donkey shaped medals for the generals :(

Jedit posted:

Take a closer look at the pattern on the curtains.
Is this like those magic eye puzzles? 'Cause I've never been able to do those and I'm not seeing anything.

Obama: Hey look, a nickel!

Edit: loving hell, looking at it again the man whose face is apparently being caved in by a heavy report is more human looking than wormbama. Just let that sink in.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 1, 2014

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

SedanChair posted:

...workplace...

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Judge Dredd's summer holiday?

(In some of the early black and white Judge Dredd comics, Dredd was drawn with larger lips than other characters to imply that he was black, later artists didn't) :goonsay:

Have there been any comics drawing Obama as Dredd? It's more of a British thing, but there was some cross-culture osmosis when Dredd came out, I remember Muir misunderstood the point of the character and setting, and the general tone of Dredd hilariously. Anyone know of any more?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Plucky Duck X Mr. Horsepower?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SedanChair posted:

Plucky Duck X Mr. Horsepower?

Nah, drinky duck went on a "workplace" rant recently.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

This expression expresses an emotion rather than recycling a recycled raised eyebrow.

Whoops, I forgot to tell a joke.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

chairface posted:

As I recall one of the mainstream GOP talking points around the time Tsarnaev was arrested was "bet those hippy-dippy blue staters wish they had guns NOW :smug:", because every individual homeowner having a gun would have allowed the police to catch him faster somehow (and not led to several civilian casualties, no sir). There's our problem: not enough guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh God, this makes me think of the Asay contest thread.

Oh hey, while I'm in there, since everyone else was way funnier than me...

• Locked thread