Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
poo poo man don't link your privates that's gross dude.

e: (love your lp though :))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Apparantly my browser at home just didn't register when I hit 'pulish' which is what you hit when you're done and want to send it to the world.

It should be fine now, I guess it just tells you it's private when you go to watch a video that is uploaded but not published.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Son of a bitch of course this goes up when I have less than an hour before I have to leave for work.

Oh well, it'll give me something to look forward to when I get home.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The puzzle at 40 minutes: it's not random. Rock blunts sword, sword cuts scroll, scroll covers rock.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Bruceski posted:

The puzzle at 40 minutes: it's not random. Rock blunts sword, sword cuts scroll, scroll covers rock.

It's rock-paper-scissors but scissors don't exist in this game.

Also, I'd be down for some Nosgoth at some point. Have it installed but can't bum any of my friends into trying it out.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Regarding firearm jamming, I thought that when your gun misfires it enters a jammed state where you have to use it a few times to clear the jam and get it functional again. It even has an extra short cooldown when jammed so you can get the frantic feeling of trying to fix the stupid thing in the middle of a fight. So when you maxed out the skill, the gun was still jammed from the last time you used it. Kind of surprised that unequipping it cleared the jam, since that would allow you to sort of sidestep the whole jamming mechanic by just quickly unequipping and reequipping the gun whenever it fails.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 11, 2015

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Somehow, I was expecting all resistance boost items to go to Smashmouth, as I reckoned the endgame would be the death of all other party members as fated to be food bearers while he just ambles on along with nigh-invulnerability while flinging two-fisted death and occasional Bear'ing it up.

You should totally do another dive into DoomRL when this year's update lands at some point!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Steak Eater posted:

It's rock-paper-scissors but scissors don't exist in this game.

Also, I'd be down for some Nosgoth at some point. Have it installed but can't bum any of my friends into trying it out.

I'll play Nosgoth, can't get more than 1 of my friends to play either.

I can't believe that you haven't played Crawl before Agent! It's one of the best roguelikes, imo. Of course, if you like roguelikes and don't mind DOS emulation, I would also recommend Ragnarok.

Too bad ranged weapons kinda blow in general. Seems better to just have 2 mages in the back row in terms of damage output in both Grimrock 1 and 2.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Jade Star posted:

Well, Olesh has been known to fall asleep on Agent during longer videos...

Hey, that's my original claim to fame :colbert:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It's my sweet melodic voice that does it. Those dulcet tones man.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
We should get dudes together from the thread for nosgoth as a goonrush thing.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 10 - Youtube

OH man an update in only a week. It's a pi day miracle.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

Episode 10 - Youtube

OH man an update in only a week. It's a pi day miracle.

Did you only record at 360?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

No but when videos are first put on youtube and are processing youtube processes the lower resolutions first. As time goes by the higher qualities will be available but I always post as soon as ~a~ version is available.

If you want it prettier give it a couple hours or w/e

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Very nice. I'd wondered what the deal with those riddle graves were!

Also, when you charge up items you don't actually have to use them/expend the mana. As I recall, if you let go of the mouse button while the cursor is outside the item icon the charge won't actually go off.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The shuriken is definitely somewhere in that suicide elemental room, but I couldn't be bothered to figure out where.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
Also Agent, you're right with the purpose of the ethereal blade, it's for killing elementals. Of course, the fact that it would be on your caster makes it pretty well pointless for you. The fact that it can only do a little bit of damage in the best of circumstances further makes it a bit worse than it seems like it ought to be.

Demicol posted:

The shuriken is definitely somewhere in that suicide elemental room, but I couldn't be bothered to figure out where.

Could also be possible that the suicide bomber bird took the one that it got hit with and hosed off to never be seen again.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love what they're doing with actual dimensionality in these dungeons, with multiple tiers to walk on per floor.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Are you ever going to clear up LL Cow J's inventory by putting his skulls in a bag Agent? :v:

Tetrakarn
Nov 1, 2011

Neruz posted:

Are you ever going to clear up LL Cow J's inventory by putting his skulls in a bag Agent? :v:

Why put the skulls in the bag when we can put other things in a bag? I want a LL Cow J to be covered in skulls!

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Tetrakarn posted:

Why put the skulls in the bag when we can put other things in a bag? I want a LL Cow J to be covered in skulls!

Unless you can use a sack-o-skulls as a melee weapon.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

SlayVus posted:

Did you only record at 360?

I was hoping this was a pi day joke.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

The best thing about this Let's Play is that it got me to start playing Nosgoth, which I've been having a lot of fun with.

Also, it is a good Let's Play to watch.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Grimrock 2 for mac released, 40% off all platforms
!
Go get.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Do the skulls count if they're in a bag, or does the skull have to be in your actual inventory?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

MechaCrash posted:

Do the skulls count if they're in a bag, or does the skull have to be in your actual inventory?

They do count if they're in a bag, that's why I keep bugging Agent to put them in a bag.

Agent is unfairly prejudiced against items that increase the size of his inventory and let him carry more things.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Neruz posted:

They do count if they're in a bag, that's why I keep bugging Agent to put them in a bag.

Agent is unfairly prejudiced against items that increase the size of his inventory and let him carry more things.

To be fair, he also doesn't seem to want to put other stuff in the bag with the alchemy ingredients (like potions or torches or spare food) so they stack automatically, but still obsesses over them being stacked. :iiam:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Especially considering he has a Minotaur with infinite weight capacity.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I like the mental image of a minotaur reaching into his bag for a new axe and having skulls fall out.

You're not even my real dad.

Also he doesn't have infinite weight limit, he will eventually hit cap and be unable to move, but he will suffer no ill effects of being above 75% capacity or something which he normally would.

The skulls stay where they are. Never negotiate with terrorists.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
We'll win in the end and history will remember us not as terrorists but as revolutionaries! :black101:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I also hate it when you reach back for a skull and slice your poo poo open on a hatchet. Only happens with bags.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
More Skulls for the Skull throne Backpack!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Eventually, I'm going to buy this game and I'm going to make sure to keep every box and every bag just to spite you.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Nighthand posted:

Eventually, I'm going to buy this game and I'm going to make sure to keep every box and every bag just to spite you.

Make sure to PM him lots of pictures of your nice efficient organized inventory.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
I'd just like to point out that he did put all of his alchemy regents in a bag.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Only because they kept breeding.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Also proof that despite his claims Agent does negotiate with terrorists.

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012
If the reagents take up 6 of the 9 spaces in a bag, and 3 replicate, filling every slot, will they still replicate more and autostack? Or do they not replicate if there's no room?

Also, get a box o' rocks. So your beloved friends have a home.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Reagents replicate into the inventory regardless as to whether they're in a bag or not which is why Agent has to keep moving extra reagents into his reagent bag.

I have no idea what happens if there is no room in the inventory to replicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Neruz posted:

Reagents replicate into the inventory regardless as to whether they're in a bag or not which is why Agent has to keep moving extra reagents into his reagent bag.

I have no idea what happens if there is no room in the inventory to replicate.

If they're in a bag, they replicate in the bag. If there are no empty spots in the bag (such as the case as having >=1 of each ingredient and having already having had 3 replicate, or having >=1 of each ingredient and filling the rest of the bag up with rarely used items), they replicate in place, possibly excepting the case of them being greater in quantity than whatever the max stack size is for alchemical ingredients.

Agent has to clean up his inventory because he drops new found herbs onto his alchemists portrait and they don't automatically stack into existing bag stacks. Agent then normally cleans up his bags because he likes having everything in a single stack.

• Locked thread