Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah ND/Clemson is definitely the game to watch that week. The others, woof :stare:

E: Although yeah, at the start of the season those mostly seemed like much better matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cole posted:

Oh man Finebaum is starting off good. Calling for Saban's head with the second caller.

he can't defend them spread offenses pawl, the game done passed him by!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

OpaqueEcho posted:

Sooner or later he's going to have to put the "I didn't know what was going on" card back in the deck.

Why? Many Penn State fans have no problem thinking Joe Pa had no idea what was going on with Sandusky.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 21, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm all for firing Saban so Alabama can fall back into mediocrity.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Arthur "Art" Briles: The Infraction Thread

http://www.scout.com/college/texas-tech/forums/1650-football/14022545-briles-list-of-known-infractions-allegations

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
this fox sports south show where auburn puts a spin on the last week must be what sports tv in North Korea is like

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pillsburysoldier posted:

@PeterBurnsESPN: First @finebaum caller just compared Will Muschamp to cancer. So it appears we are off to a calm and collected start today.

Poor comparison, cancer often wins.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Did I already mention that Notre Dame is ever closer to being a top 5 team? No?

Well they are. Prosise is cool.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Notorious ZSB posted:

All those SEC games looked like they'd be interesting at the start of the season. Miss St/aTm is still sorta compelling. Notre Dame @ Clemson is still compelling. Michigan @ UMD lollers. Harbaugh camera all day, also Edsall is awful and MD will be a hilarious 7-5 forever in the B1G because of him.

It's a super weak weekend. The only other games with any sort of appeal are:
West Virginia at Oklahoma
Baylor vs. Texas Tech
Kansas State at Oklahoma State
Alabama at Georgia

And it remains to be seen how appealing Baylor v. Texas Tech and KSU v. osu is going to be.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Sax posted this on his fb but he's not around anymore so I'm gonna post it here anyway. Some dingus wrote an open letter to the Knoxville Sentinel:

Open Letter: Neyland Stadium is too dang loud

Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino posted:

Turn down the noise at Neyland Stadium. It is ridiculous how loud it is before and during the game. We arrive about an hour before kickoff and the noise (I cannot call it music) is so loud we have to shout in each other’s ear to hear, and we are not old and/or deaf. (But we may be after putting up with decibel-crushing racket for four hours.)

And that “Third down for what” with the bass line turned up as loud as it could be has no business in a ballgame. We have been to every stadium in the Southeastern Conference, and none have such a raucous noise blaster as that.

With at least 90,000 fans in the stadium wearing orange and a 300-member band, the noise level created by them will be perfectly fine to rattle the opposition without breaking the eardrums of those in attendance.

And don’t tell us that’s what the young people want. Since when do the inmates run the asylum?

That is about what it sounded like during the game with the University of Oklahoma: Craziness.

(Maybe it would have sounded better had we won.)

Hooo boy. "We're not old!" "Don't do what the young people want!"

I'm betting this guy is at least 50. I can't believe it's so loud in a stadium that hosts over 102k people! Harumph!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
seriously tho gently caress turn down for what, it's done, bury it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kayakyakr posted:

And it remains to be seen how appealing Baylor v. Texas Tech and KSU v. osu is going to be.

None of Kansas State's games are going to be fun this year. Our offense is offensively boring and pedestrian, and our defense is good but it's not "HOLY poo poo PICK SIX" interesting.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

I mean I pretty much agree. I liked it better when it was going to be a new idea every year. Get rid of it because it's played out, not because it's too dang loud, pawl.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MindlessHavok posted:

Sax posted this on his fb but he's not around anymore so I'm gonna post it here anyway. Some dingus wrote an open letter to the Knoxville Sentinel:

I'm betting this guy is at least 50. I can't believe it's so loud in a stadium that hosts over 102k people! Harumph!

People around Kinnick get angry about this and tailgating around the stadium every year. Apparently they had no idea it would get kinda crazy around that neighborhood when they bought their house, even though the stadium has been in the same spot for, oh, a century or so.

Raku posted:

Wisconsin manged to turn a loving House of Pain song into a cool tradition, I don't see how this is any different.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

kayakyakr posted:

It's a super weak weekend. The only other games with any sort of appeal are:
West Virginia at Oklahoma
Baylor vs. Texas Tech
Alabama at Georgia

I think Alabama/Georgia is a totally legit 3:30 match up. That's going to soak up most of the viewership I imagine. Not every weekend can be a blockbuster one I suppose. Good thing I'll have the ACL Music Festival to occupy my time here in Austin.

VT/Pitt will be our first noon game of the year, relegated to regional Fox Sports Affiliate/Raycom SPORTS. So yeah I guess there isn't anything worth paying attention to.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Tammy is on the Finebaum show right now. This is why you tune in.

Tammy kicked her husband out of the house because he was giggling.

She hasn't done anything around the house in two days.

Her husband isn't allowed to sleep in bed until Auburn wins.

Cole fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 21, 2015

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Thank god for Tammy.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The poor woman clearly has a mental defect, BUT BLESS HER HEART. #southernisms

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The poor woman clearly has a mental defect, BUT BLESS HER HEART. #southernisms

She is trying to get a male prostitute, but she can't find one. At least she's got a new toy!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MindlessHavok posted:

And while you're at it, RUN THE DANG BAAAWWWLLL! :corsair:

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

So angry I missed Tammy.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

"Forget what the kids (who make the entire football-watching experience possible for me) want!"

Jesus, why do people think their ticket entitles them to anything other than the privilege to watch a football game from inside the stadium? Don't even get me started on the pretentious-as-gently caress Notre Dame fans on their message boards.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
This guy is Alabama personified.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

"Forget what the kids (who make the entire football-watching experience possible for me) want!"

Jesus, why do people think their ticket entitles them to anything other than the privilege to watch a football game from inside the stadium? Don't even get me started on the pretentious-as-gently caress Notre Dame fans on their message boards.

I was at a game one time and there was an old (talking at least 65-70) couple behind us and they were the only people sitting down in our section. The guy actually had the gall to grab me by the back of my shorts at the belt and pull me down into my seat.

It's a good thing I don't have a temper because I can't imagine what would have happened if he'd done that to some drunk frat bro.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MindlessHavok posted:

I was at a game one time and there was an old (talking at least 65-70) couple behind us and they were the only people sitting down in our section. The guy actually had the gall to grab me by the back of my shorts at the belt and pull me down into my seat.

It's a good thing I don't have a temper because I can't imagine what would have happened if he'd done that to some drunk frat bro.

Strangers that like to get hands-on is infuriating to me. If you need to talk you can address me politely or even tap me on the shoulder if I can't hear you(like at a game) but grabbing me by the belt as if you were my parents? gently caress off.

The amount of people who were never told to keep their hands to themselves and mind their own business is staggering.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Special teams coordinators are good and cool but just don't promote them to head coach.

Ugh, trigger warning that my friend

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cole posted:

Tammy is on the Finebaum show right now. This is why you tune in.

Tammy kicked her husband out of the house because he was giggling.

She hasn't done anything around the house in two days.

Her husband isn't allowed to sleep in bed until Auburn wins.

god bless :patriot:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The TCU arrests in regards to the 3 players assaulting and robbing the random frat kids have finally been made:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/TCU-Football-Player-Arrested-on-Robbery-Charge-328548171.html

Tuaua first arrested. Apparently looking for a 2nd guy.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
If TCU gets past Tech while sustaining a few more injuries, and then a few more guys get arrested, Texas might actually stand a chance at knocking off a highly ranked team in 2 weeks.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Andre Petties-Wilson is the 2nd player, some reserve wideout.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Sent from my iPad posted:

So angry I missed Tammy.

https://soundcloud.com/dr-saturday/tammy-on-finebaum-9-21-15

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Speaking of injuries, that Texas player who seemingly took an egregious dive the other night is actually expected to be out for 6-8 weeks and possibly get surgery for a shoulder injury. I'm thinking he gave some sort of sign that things weren't right but lined up anyway because there was no time to substitute, at which point the coaches told him to get down. And then called a timeout anyway.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

If TCU gets past Tech while sustaining a few more injuries, and then a few more guys get arrested, Texas might actually stand a chance at knocking off a highly ranked team in 2 weeks.

I know Heard lit up Cal's dumpster fire defense and TCU is probably overrated, but don't set yourself up for disappointment like that dude

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

sum posted:

I know Heard lit up Cal's dumpster fire defense and TCU is probably overrated, but don't set yourself up for disappointment like that dude

Don't look now, but TCU's defense is bordering on dumpster fire itself.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
Hi remember me I'm not dead or anything no sir. Things just got kinda complicated in my life for a while and "forum where I post about college sports sometimes" wasn't super high on my priority list.

But yeah I guess I'm back now. Are moon polls still a thing anyone is interested in or

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Don't look now, but TCU's defense is bordering on dumpster fire itself.

I think Cal is another level of bad. They gave up 40+ points 6 times last year. They gave up almost 60 to Colorado.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Oh man do any of the teams in the Big 12 have a defense this year?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Basil Hayden posted:

But yeah I guess I'm back now. Are moon polls still a thing anyone is interested in or

extremely

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Petulance is terrible.

• Locked thread