Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

RedMage129 posted:

For generations we've all accepted that college food is lovely. These geniuses made it a racism thing, and will now get better quality food. Really, they should be applauded.

I can't believe that so few people realise this fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

I can't believe that so few people realise this fact
the people protesting are not among them

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I agree with these students that the food is gross and fried chicken should always be available. keep protesting until you get good food and the fried chicken piles high.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
My dining hall was actually pretty decent and still people whined about it because it wasn't gourmet food every night.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Here I am, a few days later, and I'm still pissed off at Tomoyo Joshi and the offensive rice.

it was a flagrant rice violation

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gently caress the ROW posted:

perhaps she was upset the rice was white???

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I wonder if bacon jalapeno mac n cheese is appropriation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jq3KYJLcHY

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

gently caress the ROW posted:

I read the original sentence and my brain made it "fragrant" either because the word choice was a subtle linguistic microaggression on the author's part or because I have a racist subroutine.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Here I am, a few days later, and I'm still pissed off at Tomoyo Joshi and the offensive rice.

How much you wanna bet Tomoyo just said something to the effect of 'this sushi sucks' and some idiot white kid turned it into ~my oppression~.

E: Japan doesn't strike me as being a hugbox safespace kinda country.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Reading about this kind of stuff kind of makes me want to elect a Republican president, because if the 2000s taught me anything it's that when there's a Republican president people protest about poo poo that matters

Oh, you want to protest things? I'll give you something to protest about! *Ted Cruz starts a simultaneous war with every majority-Muslim country and hands the country's whole GDP to 5 rich guys*

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

buttcoinbrony posted:

How much you wanna bet Tomoyo just said something to the effect of 'this sushi sucks' and some idiot white kid turned it into ~my oppression~.

E: Japan doesn't strike me as being a hugbox safespace kinda country.

I get the impression that a couple of her reactionary classmates took her under their wing and taught her to say all this nonsense.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
hello and welcome to the microaggression cafe, ellen here will be your waitress, please feel free to subtweet your discomfort at our heteronormative gender labeling

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Homo sapiens should kill itself for appropriating Cro Magnon culture. Look at these shaved apes, all tryin' to pretend they invented fire and drum circles and basket weaving and dreadlocks and tribal warfare.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

Reading about this kind of stuff kind of makes me want to elect a Republican president, because if the 2000s taught me anything it's that when there's a Republican president people protest about poo poo that matters

Oh, you want to protest things? I'll give you something to protest about! *Ted Cruz starts a simultaneous war with every majority-Muslim country and hands the country's whole GDP to 5 rich guys*

yeah I pretty much feel the same way, at least with a Republican in the White House the Democrats will offer some kind of resistance, but if Hillary is in there proposing poo poo that's 99% the same as Cruz or Trump she will have Democrats backing her up and running interference for her like they did for Obama

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I love too how these extreme SJW types like to flaunt "Being on the right side of history" as if the roaring twenties didn't give way to the ultra patriotic conservative 50s and the free love sixties didn't give way to the religious revival of the 80's.

They will have this decade tops, then the pendulum will swing the other way. Eventually the majority gets sick of whatever movement is en vogue.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I can understand why Tomoyo Joshi would want to go to school in Ohio. "Ohio" in Japanese means "good morning". If you went to study in Japan, wouldn't you want to go to live in Good Morning Prefecture? I, however, would not take their hamburgers as a personal affront to me, though.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

phasmid posted:

Homo sapiens should kill itself for appropriating Cro Magnon culture. Look at these shaved apes, all tryin' to pretend they invented fire and drum circles and basket weaving and dreadlocks and tribal warfare.

:agreed:

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Howard Beale posted:

hello and welcome to the microaggression cafe, ellen here will be your waitress, please feel free to subtweet your discomfort at our heteronormative gender labeling

welcome to the megagression cafe, where every person who enters dies brutally while a sick guitar solo plays in the background

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Digiwizzard posted:

welcome to the megagression cafe, where every person who enters dies brutally while a sick guitar solo plays in the background

Duncan Hills - You're Dying for a Cup

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Moridin920 posted:

Duncan Hills - You're Dying for a Cup

lmao

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I can understand why Tomoyo Joshi would want to go to school in Ohio. "Ohio" in Japanese means "good morning". If you went to study in Japan, wouldn't you want to go to live in Good Morning Prefecture? I, however, would not take their hamburgers as a personal affront to me, though.

Let's create a Gozaimasu University and watch the Japanese dollars roll in.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

SlipUp posted:

I love too how these extreme SJW types like to flaunt "Being on the right side of history" as if the roaring twenties didn't give way to the ultra patriotic conservative 50s and the free love sixties didn't give way to the religious revival of the 80's.

They will have this decade tops, then the pendulum will swing the other way. Eventually the majority gets sick of whatever movement is en vogue.

We're already past peak bullshit. Twitter social justice activism will get mocked for a while until everyone gets bored and sometime before the end of 2017 they'll join the "roll my eyes and move on with my life" activist category with PETA vegans and Concerned Christian Moms.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren't only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I've eaten at an Oberlin dining hall a couple of times and compared to the food at my alma mater it's loving Michelin star worthy.

If they don't like it then Let them eat Chicken à la King.

Or maybe the most culturally insensitive Cafeteria dish ever, American Chop Suey?

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 22, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MullardEL34 posted:

I've eaten at an Oberlin dining hall a couple of times and compared to the food at my alma mater it's loving Michelin star worthy.

Or maybe the most culturally insensitive Cafeteria dish ever, American Chop Suey?

this is why we need guns in schools

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

MullardEL34 posted:

wendy's used to have a chicken a la king baked potato and it owned

quote:

anthony bourdain had this during one of his hong kong shows and he was like wtf is this crap :eyepop:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my college had a "mongolian grill". the ingredients were half leftovers. cucumber slices from the salad bar, black beans. if you were lucky there was baby corn. it was a valuable lesson in institutional cuisine and gave me a greater appreciation for chain restaurants.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

MullardEL34 posted:

How is this chop suey? It looks like normal spaghetti made with macaroni noodles.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I just want my jalapeno mac'n'cheese.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Totalizator posted:

We're already past peak bullshit. Twitter social justice activism will get mocked for a while until everyone gets bored and sometime before the end of 2017 they'll join the "roll my eyes and move on with my life" activist category with PETA vegans and Concerned Christian Moms.

In 5 years we'll be beating down the cultural libertarians who are replacing these idiots for wanting to privatize the police force and set up anime child gently caress palaces in the name of freedom.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
My school would serve the same chicken and rice day after day for a whole week and just add more spices. On the first day they'd call it "Asian chicken and rice" then "Italian chicken and rice" then Mexican, then Indian. I won't complain if the sjws try to ban that.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i had to eat prison food for three years if this food counts as a micro-aggression than that poo poo was a goddamn war crime

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
That article sounds fake as hell and I thought you were all idiots until I remember its the New Yorker that does those really weird parody articles clinically scrubbed of any shred of actual humor

College students are dumb, Don't Mess with Texas, Death To America/Israel, peace

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Totalizator posted:

I get the impression college administrators put up with them as much as they do because they pull attention away from issues like high tuition and lack of job opportunities.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Army Food was a goddamn travesty. The university cafeterias in town have vegan, gluten free, and organic selections, every ethnic food under the sun, halal, kosher. It's not great but it's the best cafeteria food can probably be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hey milgoons.

Compare MREs to college cafeteria food. I'm curious.

• Locked thread