Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
capps why do you want to make me look bad what the heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Well my reason for voting myself is to make you look bad and Capps jumped on using that as an excuse to vote me too. So it begs the question: why does Capps want you to look bad?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Well my reason for voting myself is to make you look bad and Capps jumped on using that as an excuse to vote me too. So it begs the question: why does Capps want you to look bad?

maybe he just thinks you are scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

maybe he just thinks you are scum

Then why aren't you demanding he explain his vote?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jake doesn't need any help to look bad. :smuggo:

For real though, Jake you may have a point with the doubling down, I will read what I missed more closely when I get home.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Then why aren't you demanding he explain his vote?

I think that anyone voting for you at this point is pretty self explanatory

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also he explained his vote, hes bussing you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

capps why do you want to make me look bad what the heck

my name is pbs idiot

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you kill me for bussing my scum buddy i am going to be so pissed opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Your name is Capps :whip:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

I think that anyone voting for you at this point is pretty self explanatory

You're just going to look horrible when I flip town.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

Your name is Capps :whip:

my name is pbs newshour and i offer you quality news

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

Wouldn't be a game without TMM making this post at least once.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

haha lmbo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have no idea where that double post came from. :tinfoil:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i tried to double post it didnt let me

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else racist?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

imgay posted:

Anyone else racist?

Ya

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I'm home now.

PBS Newshour posted:

PBS Newshour posted:

PBS Newshour posted:

PBS Newshour posted:

PBS Newshour posted:

PBS Newshour posted:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Jake, who are you going to look at when I flip town?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm reading back from when I stopped paying attention.

JakeP posted:

but really what a scum vote, look how TMM has completely stayed out of the spotlight all game, not posting pretty much at all, and now comes in with the no content vote. Its like he is afraid if he says anything he will be called out for the scum he is

##vote tmm as much as id like to vote quidnose for hating fun, tmm is actually probably scum

This is still SUCH a bad vote. TMM's contentless vote isn't exactly going to be up for any awards, but you are assuming so much from it. Why would Madman, who has no problem word vomiting when scum, be afraid to talk. I can't believe you actually pulled all of this reason from Madman's actual vote.

TMMadman posted:

Nice OMGUS vote. Your reaction here is scummy as hell and further justifies my vote.

This is stupid though. You never justified your vote in the first place.

I agree with Jake and Podima's complaining about people who don't want to put effort in signing up, and it's a pain in the rear end. I don't know why imgay is being ignored in this though. Since all he's talked about is himself and he's made this fantastic case:

imgay posted:

Vote quidnose, he is literally squidnose.

Also Quidnose's good point about goodness checking out because "lol Day 1", which I'm currently voting because of.

JakeP posted:

Scumpost

Explain, Jake?

Friction.123 posted:

What I'm getting from this is that between all the tunneling and back and forth, between Podima, Asiina, JakeP, and TMM, we've found at least one and maybe two scum. Or an overzealous town that will get a cop killed.

I love how delightfully useless this post is :allears:

TMMadman posted:

##vote Podima

Instead of asking why I voted Jake, all Pod has done is post about my efforts. It's a distraction tactic to try and get people to look at me because I'm normally a heavy poster regardless of my alignment. So ultimately, how much effort I put into a game is not a good reason to vote for me.

I don't understand this vote at all.

TMMadman posted:

No, you asked me why I was being quiet. That's not the same thing.

If you wanted me to elaborate on my vote then you should have directly asked about it instead of using a vague question.

Podima posted:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, my original question was asking you to elaborate on your vote while making an additional observation that you were being much quieter than usual.

Could you please elaborate on your vote with your thinking at the time you made it?

Okay yeah this is extra stupid.

JakeP posted:

not only did you quote the vote in the post your post was the post immediately following his vote post

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

goodness posted:

Thank you for making D1 a little fun...just a little though

SAY SOMETHING USEFUL! PARTICIPATE!

Holy poo poo.

JakeP posted:

Your actions do not demonstrate you putting down a vote for no reason, you backed it up for several posts and implied you were serious about the vote.

Often times people make empty posts with votes but there is generally a build up or an obvious reason for the vote. Your vote came out of seemingly no where, and you backed it up in several posts without actually explaining where the vote came from. In fact you even use reasoning to say how my reaction to votes is why I have votes which really doesn't make any sense becaues I didn't actually get any votes after I reacted. Your logic does not follow with the chronology of events that have taken place, you are making votes and justifying them later in any way you can think. You aren't genuinely scumhunting

Okay yeah I agree with this now. It's coming together.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Check out all dem words.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway to summarize (but you should read it all) I still think Jake's initial vote was dumb and bad, but Madman's reaction to it is much worse, and I don't know why he's refusing to actually play. I can see Jake and Podima's reasoning in the conversation, it all makes sense.

I'd vote for Madman, but don't want to put him at -1 with a day left.

I still think it's ridiculous to talk about low effort people though while ignoring imgay who is doing gently caress all and goodness who says "lol day 1" and checks out entirely.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also ANarc, Trasson, and Opop have less posts than the mod and that's not acceptable. Talk, people.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Hey Jake, who are you going to look at when I flip town?

:iiam:

Asiina re: the scumpost comment. It felt challenging me to use my night action on you. Maybe its a reverse psychology and you desperately don't want me to track you, maybe you are a scum who won't be acting and want me to track you to clear you, I don't know it just felt like a weird post about my night action and I noted it mostly for my own review later on when I am reanalysing this game.

I guess mostly to answer your question it pinged my gut a bit

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone should note that Asiina never actually calls me scum in any of those posts. Just that she is willing to vote me.

It's highly likely that she is scum and sensing an easy lynch on me this game.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Asiina posted:

Also ANarc, Trasson, and Opop have less posts than the mod and that's not acceptable. Talk, people.

Sorry, busy day today. Things are actually happening so I'll look over everything and post some content.

This is assuming I don't get distracted with the source material more, of course (this game made me rediscover my love for the kelp charger). If I don't respond tonight it's either that or a dumb argument with my wife (no sword class though).

Day 1 always seems a bit crazy for me. Not because of the low content, but because of keeping track of everyone.

Since things are serious I'll ##unvote and review stuff now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

:iiam:

Asiina re: the scumpost comment. It felt challenging me to use my night action on you. Maybe its a reverse psychology and you desperately don't want me to track you, maybe you are a scum who won't be acting and want me to track you to clear you, I don't know it just felt like a weird post about my night action and I noted it mostly for my own review later on when I am reanalysing this game.

I guess mostly to answer your question it pinged my gut a bit

I assumed you were implying you were going to use it on me when you mentioned our agreement about D3.

It'd be a waste to use it on me, since I won't be going anywhere, but do what you want. I'm not your mother!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Everyone should note that Asiina never actually calls me scum in any of those posts. Just that she is willing to vote me.

It's highly likely that she is scum and sensing an easy lynch on me this game.

Not everyone who is voting for you (or willing to vote for you) can be scum.

You're like the boy who cried scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Not everyone who is voting for you (or willing to vote for you) can be scum.

You're like the boy who cried scum.

And I have narrowed it down to you/pod/ssv

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

And I have narrowed it down to you/pod/ssv

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

People I would vote, in order of how much I'd like to vote them: Goodness / TMM / Maybe Trasson if he doesn't follow through with his promise to review stuff

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if you're scum, but when you respond to reasonable questioning with this garbage:

TMMadman posted:

No, you asked me why I was being quiet. That's not the same thing.

If you wanted me to elaborate on my vote then you should have directly asked about it instead of using a vague question.

Podima posted:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, my original question was asking you to elaborate on your vote while making an additional observation that you were being much quieter than usual.

Could you please elaborate on your vote with your thinking at the time you made it?

and then blame Podima for not asking you clearly enough and therefore being scum, then that's dumb as hell and has no place in this game. It's your responsibility to explain your votes, nobody else's. It's annoying as hell.

If I was on your scum team with you, I'd be so angry that you are basically puppycuddling yourself for no reason.

Even if you said it was a gut call, people would have bought it, so why are you stubbornly working to get yourself murdered? It's almost enough for me to say the dreaded j-word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry I worked all day today. Jeez these are a lot of posts. Madman is being his typical argumentative self although the posts that spawned it were def weird.

• Locked thread