Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They did it. Those maniacs did it. They modeled McKinnon after Weird Cartoon Egon and she's pulling it off. Give someone a raise. Give everyone a raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

More White Noise posted:

This movie is gonna rule

Not according to those fuckasses on twitter :argh:

Seriously, I can't wait.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I am so hyped and the nerd tears this movie is causing makes it even sweeter

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

:wtc:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hahahahahaha! Amazing

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

It's like you can smell the cheeto spittle he deposited on his monitor as he crafted his grand sermon.

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
if they can get Aykroyd and Murray to cameo as the cut Bums from the original film I'm sold. (i'm sold regardless. im so weak.)

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

They did it. Those maniacs did it. They modeled McKinnon after Weird Cartoon Egon and she's pulling it off. Give someone a raise. Give everyone a raise.

Weird cartoon Egon is one of my favourite characters in anything and I never realised that just seeing a photo of a woman like that would give me an Insta-crush.

Now they just need to make Hemsworth hook up with her and not the more obvious Wiig... (Or just not at all)

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Wank posted:

Now they just need to make Hemsworth hook up with her and not the more obvious Wiig... (Or just not at all)

I'm expecting Wiig's love interest to be a client who later gets demonically possessed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's neat to see all the designs. It all looks cool and good so far.

I hope the characters and story are also cool and good.

I like Ghostbusters.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Soulwrangler posted:

if they can get Aykroyd and Murray to cameo as the cut Bums from the original film I'm sold. (i'm sold regardless. im so weak.)

That's a pretty funny idea.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ehud posted:

I like Ghostbusters.

Sorry, you're not a true fan unless you actually hate a bunch of stuff about the franchise, especially the stupid stuff that came out when you were too young to complain about.

Do people not realize that this film is guaranteed to be better than Ghostbusters 2? That might not be a high bar, but still.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Do people not realize that this film is guaranteed to be better than Ghostbusters 2? That might not be a high bar, but still.

I dunno about guaranteed to be better, but I would agree that's the bar and it isn't very high given the pale shadow of the first the second is. It astound me anytime I watch it that they must have taken the original script and just replaced parts to generate most of a new film. It so lazy from a scripting/plotting perspective this one hopefully can be better than that, but I'll remain skeptical until we at least see a trailer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

:swoon: He was my favourite in the cartoon (Ray's my favourite in the films), and she's pretty much my favourite current SNL cast member, next to Cecily Strong.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
gently caress the haters, Ghostbusters 2 is a really really fun movie and a worthy sequel to Ghostbusters.

Those that were young enough at the time to be scared shitless by Vigo and Janosch's creepo eyes know what I'm talking about.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Basebf555 posted:

gently caress the haters, Ghostbusters 2 is a really really fun movie and a worthy sequel to Ghostbusters.

Those that were young enough at the time to be scared shitless by Vigo and Janosch's creepo eyes know what I'm talking about.

I was all about those creepy nanny ghost hand nightmares, myself.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ghostbusters 2 is a lot of fun (gently caress you echoplex!) but it's pretty much Real Ghostbusters: The Movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Ghostbusters 2 is a lot of fun (gently caress you echoplex!) but it's pretty much Real Ghostbusters: The Movie.

I'm confused. You've said two things about Ghostbusters 2 that are good, yet there's a "but" in the middle for some reason.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

This is exactly correct. It really is. I would have LOVED to have had the original GB2 made as it was planned before the studio got involved and switched it around. poo poo, it's the reason Bill Murray hates it; he signed on for one thing, and they ended up changing it to be another version of the first movie, really.

It was the first film I saw in theatres, and I still actually love it, but I also see it for what it is; a well-made but inferior follow-up to a drat near perfect film.

I'm looking forward to at least a somewhat fresh take on the franchise.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
McCarthy's expression makes me wonder if she's gonna be like the Ray of the group, all innocent and "let's explore the supernatural!" That would be a good direction for her.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I like this cast picture because the lineup looks so unglamorously normal and unflattering.
It shows that the people making this movie know what really makes ghostbusters the ghostbusters and not MIB or any of the rip offs or fanfictions.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

I like this cast picture because the lineup looks so unglamorously normal and unflattering.
It shows that the people making this movie know what really makes ghostbusters the ghostbusters and not MIB or any of the rip offs or fanfictions.

Exactly. No sarcasm at all, I'd love a movie about normal people based in reality, at least in a reality where ghosts exist and ghostbusting is possible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I appreciate that from the cast photo that you have a near-instant grasp of the character's personalities. That's a good sign.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I'm so angry over how excited I am. I don't want my hopes up. I wanted them down. Stay down, hopes. I'm also jealous of my friend, who works less than a block from where they are shooting right now.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm not a fan of the chest stripes but everything else is really tickling me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anyone see the filming of the stunt? It looks like Mccarthy's character might be possessed and pushes McKinnon out of the window of their place, holding her by the neck, and then Jones comes over and catches her just as she's let go.

Looked pretty awesome! After stuff like that was cut from the second film, I'm glad to see it here.

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

Anyone see the filming of the stunt? It looks like :words:

Link? Or did you see this in person or something?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The stuff Feig has said about the movie being "scary" sounded weird at first, but I thought about how modern horror is different from the 80s horror tropes the original GB was riffing off of. Now it's stuff like The Ring, It Follows, even loving Slenderman and P.T., etc. I am really interested if they are going to update the mythos accordingly.

This whole thing is like a crazy fan project that actually got a budget. I really hope they pull it off because there's so much potential.

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax

Anyone see the filming of the stunt? It looks like Mccarthy's character might be possessed and pushes McKinnon out of the window of their place, holding her by the neck, and then Jones comes over and catches her just as she's let go.

Looked pretty awesome! After stuff like that was cut from the second film, I'm glad to see it here.

Didn't see that, but I was there last night and saw the Ecto-1 peeling out of the garage. It looks real loving cool in person.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wank posted:

Or he'll be gay

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I just want to agree that GB2 was great. I'm sure this is at least my third post in this thread about it, but dammit, I enjoyed it. GB1 was just a drat cinematic classic, hard act to follow.

Peter McNichol and that ridiculous accent was the best. "Why are you came?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

hhhat posted:

hard act to follow.

Maybe they should have followed it with something that wasn't a beat-for-beat remake of the original.

I mean, seriously, it is a joyless, soulless movie that literally no one but Columbia and Aykroyd wanted to make (and it shows in Murray's performance). It's a weird, tonally confused, marketing-driven kludge that literally follows every single story beat of its predecessor.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I think I'm on the "stoked" bandwagon now. I'm also glad to see some excitement and some intelligent conversation about this movie here as opposed to the loving garbage I'm seeing in my facebook feed. One guy I know was mad as hell because, "their costumes are stupid and they look like prison jumpsuits". It's like he's never seen a utility worker or garbage collector before. I'm getting a real civil servant/utility worker vibe from all of these pictures, and I'm really digging it. Also, I love how in every picture Leslie Jones looks like she has seen some poo poo that'll turn you white.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It definitely has the potential to be better than GB2, I'll pay money for it anyway because I'm a fool for anything GB themed (already got a tattoo and pledged for the Kickstarter board game!)

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Timby posted:

Maybe they should have followed it with something that wasn't a beat-for-beat remake of the original.

I mean, seriously, it is a joyless, soulless movie that literally no one but Columbia and Aykroyd wanted to make (and it shows in Murray's performance). It's a weird, tonally confused, marketing-driven kludge that literally follows every single story beat of its predecessor.

Your Mother!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The only bad thing I can say about the promo pic is when I'm looking at their faces and notice the boots in my peripheral vision they look like peg legs. Pretty excited for this now, just hearing that they work above a chinese place is pretty funny already.

Cage fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 11, 2015

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The ghost logo looks slightly off in the new pictures. It's like they made the red circle and bar thinner but kept everything else the same. It looks like counterfeit merchandise.

Clearly the entire movie will suck because of this.
:goonsay:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kevyn posted:

The ghost logo looks slightly off in the new pictures. It's like they made the red circle and bar thinner but kept everything else the same. It looks like counterfeit merchandise.

It probably looks that way because that's exactly what they did, though why... I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

More White Noise posted:

This movie is gonna rule

Leslie Jones has seen some poo poo.

• Locked thread