Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Three-Phase posted:

If there was only something to plug that leak...
Dare you to stick your dick in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Ambrose Burnside posted:

Or if you have the compressor to re-pressurize the cans in the first place, you can drop, like, 25 dollars on a portable air tank and only have to top the thing up every month or whatever

Whats it like being an ignoramus

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster

SO DEMANDING posted:

this is not very OSHA.jpg at all but your post made me think of it:

That's very OSHA. That outlet clearly isn't properly grounded!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lotus Brony posted:

It was originally, but someone walked by with a basket of truffles.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

a starwar betamax posted:

Whats it like being an ignoramus

excellent (ive never met a cheapie pancake compressor that isnt too goddamn loud to run indoors on the reg)

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Minrad posted:

What the hell, did people really debate a photoshop for like a page without someone saying "it's a photoshop" :psyduck:

Which one is the photoshop? There's been a lot of pics

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lotus Brony posted:

Pigs are actually quite well grounded:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Ambrose Burnside posted:

excellent (ive never met a cheapie pancake compressor that isnt too goddamn loud to run indoors on the reg)
I've got a small hobbyist compressor that I use for airbrushing. Its pretty quiet and puts out enough pressure to do the things you would use canned air for.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even with a weak rear end hobby compressor that only outputs 15psi you can attach a thinner nozzle for higher pressures. Attach that nozzle to that bicycle pump. That lifehack is poo poo in all aspects.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Could be worse.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Pigs are actually quite well grounded:

That sow's pickier and smarter than she looks.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cross posted from the Mechanical Failures thread in AI:

:stonk:

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Oh god is that the chain ripped off in there? Imagine the damage that would do getting it out if the teeth latch on to anything..

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

body modifications have gone too far

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"I swear, Marty, if you touch my god drat tree one more time in going to shove that chain saw so far up your rear end..."

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I've actually had the water out of an outlet and water out of a light fixture both happen. It's not such a big deal as long as fusing/breakers are set up correctly and turned off when you see it.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Medicinal Penguin posted:

I've actually had the water out of an outlet and water out of a light fixture both happen. It's not such a big deal as long as fusing/breakers are set up correctly and turned off when you see it.

The fixture(exposed bulb recessed into the ceiling) above the wet bar in my apartment POURS water when it rains. I am not talking a trickle, I am talking multiple gallons per minute. I've reported it to maintenance and they have done exactly nothing. The first time it happened, I called the emergency maintenance line, because the water was pouring out faster than my carpet could absorb it. The sink was overflowing, the buckets I put out were overflowing, and the water just kept coming. The lady who answered my call says, "So, your ceiling is leaking?" Holy poo poo. I explained multiple times that my ceiling was gushing like a miniature goddamn Niagara Falls, and she just kept saying, "So, your ceiling it leaking?" Four days later, they come out, look at the ceiling, see it is not spewing enough water to drown my cats at that precise moment, and leave.

That is my leaky light fixture story.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Centripetal Horse posted:

The fixture(exposed bulb recessed into the ceiling) above the wet bar in my apartment POURS water when it rains. I am not talking a trickle, I am talking multiple gallons per minute. I've reported it to maintenance and they have done exactly nothing. The first time it happened, I called the emergency maintenance line, because the water was pouring out faster than my carpet could absorb it. The sink was overflowing, the buckets I put out were overflowing, and the water just kept coming. The lady who answered my call says, "So, your ceiling is leaking?" Holy poo poo. I explained multiple times that my ceiling was gushing like a miniature goddamn Niagara Falls, and she just kept saying, "So, your ceiling it leaking?" Four days later, they come out, look at the ceiling, see it is not spewing enough water to drown my cats at that precise moment, and leave.

You have other outlets for this if they won't fix it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Double because I was fascinated by that chainsaw x-ray:

"It was just a freak accident. It could happen to anybody climbing a tree,"

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Centripetal Horse posted:

So you didn't shoot a video with your phone to

A. Post in this thread

or

B. Show the apartment management the video so they had an idea of the problem when they came by to fix it?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

dietcokefiend posted:

So you didn't shoot a video with your phone to

A. Post in this thread

or

B. Show the apartment management the video so they had an idea of the problem when they came by to fix it?

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 this past December. It's the first "fancy" phone I've ever owned. I am not sure my previous phone even had video recording capabilities.

Having said that, it is monsoon season here in Vegas, so I may yet get the chance to record that video.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Fucknag posted:

Cross posted from the Mechanical Failures thread in AI:

:stonk:

Please tell me there's a case report from this, or at least some back story.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Wadjamaloo posted:

I've got a small hobbyist compressor that I use for airbrushing. Its pretty quiet and puts out enough pressure to do the things you would use canned air for.

I guess. I've rolled with a pressurized air tank for shop stuff 'cause it meets my needs, is a lot more portable than a full compressor, and frees up the existing compressor for the upholstery stuff it's usually dedicated to.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

KernelSlanders posted:

Please tell me there's a case report from this, or at least some back story.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Seems like they might have just popped the blade/chain out of the chainsaw to make transport easier, and the chain isn't actually in him (apart from the bit of the chainsaw that cut into his neck).

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, well then, if it's just a bit of the chain in his neck

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No part of that article has the phrase "I sat on it". I'm disappointed.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I'm disappointed it wasn't actually under the ribcage, just clipping the neck is so misleading. Why even X-ray that?

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
Just a guess on my part but perhaps they x-rayed it to make sure there was no chance of spinal cord injury on removal?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Indecisive posted:

I'm disappointed it wasn't actually under the ribcage, just clipping the neck is so misleading. Why even X-ray that?

Probably because there was a chainsaw in his neck?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just start the chainsaw back up again, pretty sure it'll remove itself.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Gotta flip it to "Reverse" first, like a shredder.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Stab posted:

Probably because there was a chainsaw in his neck?

"Who cares if it might be of medical help? It's not entertaining, so gently caress it."

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

FrozenVent posted:

Gotta flip it to "Reverse" first, like a shredder.

Ehhhh, you don't HAVE to.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Mr. Despair posted:

Seems like they might have just popped the blade/chain out of the chainsaw to make transport easier, and the chain isn't actually in him (apart from the bit of the chainsaw that cut into his neck).

That does make a lot more sense regarding how the guy was still alive to need an x-ray. On that note, if you're ever tempted to search for "chain saw trauma" on PubMed, resist that temptation. This morning I didn't know suicide by chainsaw was a thing, but now I've seen pictures. :ohdear:

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

KernelSlanders posted:

That does make a lot more sense regarding how the guy was still alive to need an x-ray. On that note, if you're ever tempted to search for "chain saw trauma" on PubMed, resist that temptation. This morning I didn't know suicide by chainsaw was a thing, but now I've seen pictures. :ohdear:

Huh. I just lost a shred of innocence I didn't know I had...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Uh, so that happened more than once then.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

KernelSlanders posted:

Yes, when you look for bad things in medical literature, you'll find it.

But more workplace safety stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

glad to see trogdor getting work

• Locked thread