Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bucephalus posted:

Two words: unintentional arousal.

Thank God that didn't happen. Particularly since my wife was in the room, too. Would have been seriously awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I keep getting P1443 - EVAP Vent Control Solenoid Function Fault.

Today's freeze frame data:
Fuel Sys1: CL
Fuel Sys2: NA
Calc Load: 52.2%
ECT (F); 187
STFT B1: 3.1%
LTFT B1: 0.0%
MAP (Hg): 16.2
Engine RPM: 2501
Veh Speed: 43mph
Spark Advance: 32.5*
IAT: 34*F
MAF (lb/min): 3.1
TPS: 21.2%
O2S B1 S2: 0.725v
STFT B1 S2: 1.6%

:downs:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

leica posted:

Rookie :v:

Are you a woman?

Nope, I have 1 kid, another on the way & will be getting the snip 6 months out so after that one comes.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Sockington posted:

MAF (lb/min): 3.1

What does that mean?

Also, Cakefool, good idea. You know what is the best form of contraception? Abstinence. You know what sucks more than just about anything else in creation? Abstinence. That's why I'm waiting on the call.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

General_Failure posted:

What does that mean?

Mass Air Flow: 3.1 pounds per minute of air.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Mass Air Flow: 3.1 pounds per minute of air.

Pounds of air? I mean if it were a volumetric measurement I'd get it, but I seem to be having trouble grasping mass as a measurement for a MAF... oh. Mass Air Flow. Is that what that means?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes, and you use pounds because it's a constant measurement (a given volume of air can have more or less actual, uh, air in it, depending on temperature and pressure). At a given value for G (gravity), a pound of air is always a certain number of air molecules.

They should properly use kilograms, as that can be a measure of mass rather than weight.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Yes, and you use pounds because it's a constant measurement (a given volume of air can have more or less actual, uh, air in it, depending on temperature and pressure). At a given value for G (gravity), a pound of air is always a certain number of air molecules.

They should properly use kilograms, as that can be a measure of mass rather than weight.

I get you. Thanks for that explanation.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cakefool posted:

There's a vasectomy thread in ask/tell if anyone wants more info & goon experiences.

Also, if you're too much of a wuss to have a tiny little snip compared to the pain & trauma of having a child, you're a pussy.

It's not that I'm a pussy, it's that we don't plan on setting a limit to the number of kids we have (and before you guys have fun with this, we are not anything like those crazy American people with the show on tv about it).

I mean if we decide in the future HOLY poo poo FOUR IS ENOUGH then yeah I'll go in and get the snip. As of right now we're young and stupid and :allears: and I'd like to become a bitter and frustrated father without external help :v:.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

It's not that I'm a pussy, it's that we don't plan on setting a limit to the number of kids we have...

Much like some of your automotive posts, you seem to be way in over your head before even putting your tool(s) to work.

quote:

I mean if we decide in the future HOLY poo poo FOUR IS ENOUGH then yeah I'll go in and get the snip.

Maybe you should think about it from a financial point of view - how many kids CAN we actually afford and still live comfortably?

My sister decided one was all she could afford based on her situation. The wife and I decided on two, and apparently you'll be playing the Catholic role in Monty Python's, "Meaning of Life."

Ah gently caress, another one.

After two kids, enjoy your third row seating, wankers :smugbert:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Sockington posted:

The trick is to let #1 get his own license & car before #3 arrives. :smugbert: :smugbert: :smugbert:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Bucephalus posted:

The trick is to let #1 get his own license & car before #3 arrives. :smugbert: :smugbert: :smugbert:

That sounds terrible. Get the diaper stage finished ASAP.

Plus Daddy needs a pit crew :v:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Sockington posted:

That sounds terrible.

Live-in babysitter.

It's a white-trash thing; 1st kid as dumb teenagers*, 2nd one totally planned, 3rd one at age 36 while arguing over who's getting fixed.

*condoms aren't 100% effective, kids

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Bucephalus posted:

while arguing over who's getting fixed.

I don't get this. It's a weekend off, sitting infront of the TV, drinking/medicating.

Last night I had a friend over and we drank cider and watched the English subbed version of the InitialD live action movie. That was a weak as poo poo ending. :colbert:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Sockington posted:

I don't get this. It's a weekend off, sitting infront of the TV, drinking/medicating.

Last night I had a friend over and we drank cider and watched the English subbed version of the InitialD live action movie. That was a weak as poo poo ending. :colbert:

No, 'twas the other way 'round. "I'll do it!" "No, I don't want you to have to deal with it, let me!" All she would've had to do was call and make my appointment v:shobon:v

The cruel irony is that less than a year later, she had to have her internal ladybits removed for medical reasons.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So I take it you had corn for dinner the day after surgery? :haw:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sockington posted:

Much like some of your automotive posts, you seem to be way in over your head before even putting your tool(s) to work.

Maybe you should think about it from a financial point of view - how many kids CAN we actually afford and still live comfortably?

My sister decided one was all she could afford based on her situation. The wife and I decided on two, and apparently you'll be playing the Catholic role in Monty Python's, "Meaning of Life."

Ah gently caress, another one.

The financial variable is of course in play, and we intend to wait until we're 26 or so to have kids. :shrugs: I think give too little information or facts and it comes off as "haha this guy has no idea what he's doing" when, overall, I really do :eng99:. Basically my relationship with my fiancé is exactly what we want, so I'm thrilled :shobon:.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

It saddens me how much I know about Tusen Takk's personal life.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

I think give too little information or facts and it comes off as "haha this guy has no idea what he's doing" when, overall, I really do :eng99:.

No, you give entirely too much information. More than enough for anyone reading to know that you are a terribly stupid kid with no loving clue how little you know about anything. If you ever do break through this....and most people do eventually....you will look back at how you've been conducting yourself in absolute shame.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Internet Meme posted:

It saddens me how much I know about Tusen Takk's personal life.

"Subtly racist (but only as much as an Aussie) Salvage Saturn Owning Wallgreens Employee/Dropout Uses Pullout Method"

IoC, can we get the misc thread renamed? kthx

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sockington posted:

Plus Daddy needs a pit crew :v:

My son is already a Miata fanatic at 5 :3:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

"Subtly racist (but only as much as an Aussie) Salvage Saturn Owning Wallgreens Employee/Dropout Uses Pullout Method"

IoC, can we get the misc thread renamed? kthx

Hey! Oh whatever.

So can we see some rust / horrible renovation failures / jorts?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I've got a ton of 4AGE stuff to get rid of if I'm going through with the V6.

It's a shame the 4A can't make the power of the V6 easily (or as smoothly). I've got a metric gently caress tonne of 4cylinder parts.

Part of me still wants to toss a rebuilt 4AGE in there for a few years, but the cost of rebuilding one isn't worth it for the (lack of) power output. I could go with a more exotic cylinder head, such as the Smallport or 20v setup. Both add complexity and a few harder to source maintenance items to the build.

N/A, I'd be lucky to crack 120whp which would have very little low-end torque (20valves are still gutless motors until you get rolling).

For $1500, I'd have a used V6 and LSD MR2 transmission. It'd come with a reliable 175whp and rocket that MR2 off the line. I'd still have to source a few custom bits and refresh the engine - so final costs would be closer to the $2500-$2750 area.

The decisions :allears:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Get the V6 and keep the 4A stuff for another Corolla

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sell the lot for cheap and get rid of it.

V6 all the way, if you're even slightly leaning towards it you'll regret it if you don't.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Motronic posted:

No, you give entirely too much information. More than enough for anyone reading to know that you are a terribly stupid kid with no loving clue how little you know about anything. If you ever do break through this....and most people do eventually....you will look back at how you've been conducting yourself in absolute shame.

Huzzah!

So a turbo 4A has trouble putting out 175hp?
That's depressing... I've always lusted after a turbo first gen (I know they only came SC stock).

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
The dark side is waiting.. one of us.. one of us..

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

mafoose posted:

So a turbo 4A has trouble putting out 175hp?
That's depressing... I've always lusted after a turbo first gen (I know they only came SC stock).

It'll do it, but you'll have 15psi of boost unloading in corners which can make things interesting. The V6 will be much more linear and be easier to feather power to the wheels.

Kremling
Nov 22, 2011
Oh I'll be watching this with even more scrutiny from now on.
You, Kotaru, and camino better race when this is all done.

Also if you're hawking your 4a stuff, I'd be glad to take a good portion off your hands to help fund this madness. Waddya got?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You're going to want a car that can put a bigger smile on your face than the Miata, so go big or go home.

How fun is four cars with four cylinders anyway?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Kremling posted:

Oh I'll be watching this with even more scrutiny from now on.

Also if you're hawking your 4a stuff, I'd be glad to take a good portion off your hands to help fund this madness. Waddya got?

Email me at username@ gmail if you're serious.

leica posted:

You're going to want a car that can put a bigger smile on your face than the Miata, so go big or go home.

How fun is four cars with four cylinders anyway?

This was my reasoning. The Miata wasn't even in the picture when I first got my dick wet with MR2s. Now that the MR2 can be a dedicated retard car, I'm happy to go down the six-er route.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Bucephalus posted:

The cruel irony is that less than a year later, she had to have her internal ladybits removed for medical reasons.

Since getting the snip I get more than I can handle at times.
Mine was 2 years before. We just found out her works needs to come out sometime 'soon'.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I called the contact at the MTO. She's going to review all my information and get back to me.

At least the wheels are turning now. :unsmith:

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

Kremling posted:

Gumball run from Texas to Canadaland?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Kotaru posted:

Gumball run from Texas to Canadaland?

Negative Snowman, I doubt I'll trust my creation much beyond the allowable tow range of CAA Plus. :v:

Another snowy day.

Which means more salt. :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Should have wrote it in urine.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Tusen Takk posted:

Should have wrote it in urine.

Should have stopped posting.

I am super ready for salting to be done Sock :( My car is also super gross and I have nowhere to wash it.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

You mispelt "tosser".

Oh, never mind.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Here's what a normal day looks like (from a few weeks ago). Working offsite on some random ditch pipe work.

All the freeze-thaw cycles we've even having leave my boots like this everyday

By comparison, this is commercial work that my friend does in hospitals, offices, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dirty jeans make sexy jorts.

:colbert:

• Locked thread