Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sackmo
Oct 13, 2004

Nurge posted:

Really? I loved that game. The (slightly cumbersome) mouse control fighting system was totally novel and awesome.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great game. I even bought it again when it was released on gog.com, but it'll probably always be one the quirkiest games I'll ever play.

"Taste my blade, foul beast!" :black101:
*stumbles toward the enemy with sword between his legs*
*flails it whimsically above his head*

Great, now I have to go download it and play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Someone needs to print out that fanfic of Quarex being saved by Brian Fargo and give that to him.

BTW, RagingBoner, I did get my shirt today. Just in time for pre-reg at A-Kon. The address label is a nice touch.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm glad I kept reading this thread, congrats Quarex!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Sending you payment now Ragingboner!

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Quarex posted:

Seorin's mysterious avatar only begins to hint at the great mystery contained within.

(The person was, in fact, named Chris ... SEORIN IS IT YOU)

(Now I wonder if that person who sent me a random private message and deleted it before I read it, that I assumed was the message you were talking about, was just running interference for you, haha)

As awesome as being part of the Wasteland 2 team would be, sadly I am not Chris. He's the one that responded to my initial request on Kickstarter, so I figured he was probably the one that finally followed up on that.

Now I'm curious who this mystery benefactor was that ran interference for me, since I didn't tell anyone else about all this. The plot thickens!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hmm, I love the Fallout series so I'm interested in this, hopefully soon we'll get some gameplay footage to see if this actually pays off

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Congratulations, Quarex. Have fun at the party!

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
Very well deserved Quarex, your constant enthusiasm has been both incredibly awesome and disgustingly infectious! :D

Hey, not long until launch now, right guys? :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Zaii posted:

Very well deserved Quarex, your constant enthusiasm has been both incredibly awesome and disgustingly infectious! :D

Hey, not long until launch now, right guys? :(

It might help to forget it exists for a while, unless you are used to waiting for months for something.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mordaedil posted:

It might help to forget it exists for a while, unless you are used to waiting for months for something.

At least it's not a liver transplant.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al! posted:

At least it's not a liver transplant.

Why in the hell did you have to remind me!?

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Oh man, great news Quarex, you earned this, go party in your geekdom heaven you lucky and convincingly enthusiastic poster you..

Urdnot Fire posted:

CommissarMega posted:

:golfclap: See kids, this is where hard work and dedication gets you! Congrats, Quarex- and yes, we need pictures! Pictures of you with Fargo!
If only to prove that they are two separate people.

Sorry Fargo was out buying newspapers and came back only briefly during Quarex bathroom break.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 31, 2012

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Wow, that's pretty cool Quarex.

Hey RB, did you get my letter?

Edit

Haha, ma'am. Sorry, my name is misleading. It's an old Norwegian family name.
But thanks for the response, glad it made it.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 1, 2012

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Sir Tonk posted:

Wow, that's pretty cool Quarex.

Hey RB, did you get my letter?

Yes ma'am, I did! Going to take tonight and fill some more orders, and fill out some more customs slips.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Does anyone know what this pile of manila envelopes means?

2 things:
1. I'm about to piss off everyone behind me in line at my local Post Office.

But, more importantly:

2. If you have paid for your order, it is ready to ship tomorrow. Except for Teim, who had an issue with his shipping info.

Strangely enough, I only have one unaccounted for shirt (as of right now). Unfortunately, it is an XXXL. If you want it, please let me know either here in the thread or via a PM.

Edit: Also, PussyCartel never gave me his name, which is needed for customs.

RagingBoner fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 1, 2012

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ah balls! Did it not show up on PayPal? I can shoot you an email it you want.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Teim posted:

Ah balls! Did it not show up on PayPal? I can shoot you an email it you want.

Check your email, the one I got from PayPal was... odd.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

RagingBoner posted:

Strangely enough, I only have one unaccounted for shirt (as of right now). Unfortunately, it is an XXXL. If you want it, please let me know either here in the thread or via a PM.

In case of nuclear war you can use it as a makeshift shelter.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
RagingBoner, have you thought about a second run? I would be keen to buy a shirt or two if so.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

RagingBoner posted:

Check your email, the one I got from PayPal was... odd.

Nope that's it. Everyone must think I live in Goatse lane or something now.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Edit:^^^ ok then, you're ready to ship too.

draper13 posted:

RagingBoner, have you thought about a second run? I would be keen to buy a shirt or two if so.

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to getting this all wrapped up... so I doubt it.

But if it's just a few more, I might. I know you've expressed interest, anyone else?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I would sadly trade an XL for an XXL :(
I really should just get off the fats instead though so I'm hoping there's no second run.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

RagingBoner posted:

2 things:
1. I'm about to piss off everyone behind me in line at my local Post Office.

But, more importantly:

2. If you have paid for your order, it is ready to ship tomorrow. Except for Teim, who had an issue with his shipping info.

Edit: Also, PussyCartel never gave me his name, which is needed for customs.

Hooray! :dance:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

RagingBoner posted:

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to getting this all wrapped up... so I doubt it.

But if it's just a few more, I might. I know you've expressed interest, anyone else?

Yeah, I'd really like one too, now that I can afford one. Horrendously small amounts of money left me out of the entire t-shirt shebang :(

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Hey RagingB, haven't checked the thread since I got my t-shirt, just wanted to say I love it and thank you so much for putting in all that time and effort. I mean it, not only designing it, but also getting everyone's info, figuring payment options, buying all those envelopes, all that time spent at the post office. You are amazing for doing this. I know you're probably regretting offering to do all this, but you should have seen the giant grin in my face when I got my tshirt in the mail.

Oh and Quarex congrats man! You better go to that party and take lots if pictures, you deserve it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RagingBoner posted:

It means I'm going to be getting my shirt soon! This is the best news eve-

Quarex posted:

So about the t-shirt Tweeties: that was apparently the last straw, in the best possible way [...]

:aaa:

Please nobody hate me for this.

To summarize: :aaaaa: :supaburn: :aaaaa:

GodDAMN that's awesome, congratulations!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RagingBoner posted:

I'd take a Large sized shirt.

e: Would payment other than paypal be possible? I like avoiding them as much as humanly possible.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I suggest if you do another run of shirts, you go money up front, since the risk is larger on a second run.

Congrats on the party invite! Ask lots of questions and bring some stuff for the SA item and weapon, maybe talking to them in person will help get the items really well done. Let me know if you need me to tell them anything (like you are a part of the 2850 donation fund and can speak for the rewards).

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AxeManiac posted:

Congrats on the party invite! Ask lots of questions and bring some stuff for the SA item and weapon, maybe talking to them in person will help get the items really well done. Let me know if you need me to tell them anything (like you are a part of the 2850 donation fund and can speak for the rewards).
Isn't the party going to be after the game is done?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Oh yeah, never mind then, just have him sign your poster or something!

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Shirt came today, return label was awesome. Thank you for the work RB

And grats on the invite to the party.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Teim posted:

Sending you payment now Ragingboner!

Also sending you the monies now Mr Boner

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
The xxxl shirt has been claimed.

By a guy down the street from me. Weird.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Did he realize he was down the street from you when he claimed it? It sounds like there could be a story there.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

seorin posted:

Did he realize he was down the street from you when he claimed it? It sounds like there could be a story there.

Well it wasn't like I stalked him and moved in right down the street from him just for this shirt...:tinfoil:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
E: I quoted the wrong poster here, and I am on a cellphone. Just imagine any of RBs many marvelous posts in this thread as a substitute for this empty quote.

RagingBoner posted:

Can't wait to wear a tshirt with several offensive words in various inappropriate situations.

I can't thank you enough for doing this.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 2, 2012

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

seorin posted:

No, and what is even weirder is the next closest order to me (roughly Little Rock) was in Dallas.

Malaysia.

Finland.

Hollywood.

Australia.

Belgium.

Iceland.

Korea.

Ontario.

Denmark.

Seattle.

Germany.

Next door.

Also, due to me being a big lazy bastard and wanting to have all possible orders shipped together, I will be shipping the last big batch on Monday. Not today. Sorry, guys.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
How many shirts go to Germany? I'm curious.

RagingBoner posted:

Also, due to me being a big lazy bastard and wanting to have all possible orders shipped together, I will be shipping the last big batch on Monday. Not today. Sorry, guys.
Whoaaat?! Two whole days?! I want my money back. :mad:

Take your time. :)

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I've been underwater at work but I wanted to post and thank RB for the awesome shirt. I'll definitely wear this to PAX this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarquinn posted:

How many shirts go to Germany? I'm curious.

And how many to Malaysia? I too would like to know if there's a Malaysian goon out there in Wasteland colours.

• Locked thread