Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

mcmagic posted:

They don't need Bush's Hispanic vote to win though. They could easily just run up the white vote on turnout alone and win Ohio and Florida which is enough to win. Those demographic arguments aren't nearly iron clad.
Obama won 332 electoral votes. The closest states were Florida (.88% for Obama), North Carolina (2.04% for Romney), Ohio (2.98% for Obama), and Virginia (3.87% for Obama).

If every single of those states goes Republican in 2016, Clinton would still win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about the "blacks will riot if Obama loses" talking point.

Reminder that at Ole Miss the white kids did riot in protest when Obama won

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Even better, 2012 was even more of a laugher than '08 and Romney out performed McCain among White voters in each of the states he mentioned.

It's a really strange, not actually supported in fact, argument he's trying to make. Especially since the actual data tends to suggest Hillary will do slightly better among Whites (particularly White women) than Obama did and its reasonable to assume that she will under-perform him among black voters (though not terribly much so) and likely do as well or better with Hispanic voters.

Like, denying that Democrats have a natural demographic advantage in Presidential year elections is some pretty fantastic mental gymnastics.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 22, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fried Chicken posted:

Reminder that at Ole Miss the white kids did riot in protest when Obama won

Can you imagine what the next four (eight) years are gonna be like for MRAs if Hillary wins?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Can you imagine what the next four (eight) years are gonna be like for MRAs if Hillary wins?

Sexless, I imagine

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mcmagic posted:

They don't need Bush's Hispanic vote to win though. They could easily just run up the white vote on turnout alone and win Ohio and Florida which is enough to win. Those demographic arguments aren't nearly iron clad.

Ah yes Florida; a state where you don't need the Hispanic vote to win and why Romney took it in 2012.

It's also definitely not a state where the Hispanic population is growing and offsetting the white population more and more every year. I'm sure the GOP will capture the 70 plus percent of the white vote there that they'd need to win without massive voter suppression in minority communities. Maybe the GOP can just restrict voting hours and locations even more than they did last time.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

icantfindaname posted:

Sexless, I imagine

I'd figure that would be a given.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
But here, let me help you McMagic... the "swing states" in '16 that Republicans absolutely have to win: New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, and Florida (Dems can lose Ohio and Virginia, and still win) all have huge minority populations. Obama lost the white vote in each of those states in '12 and still won them. The calculus for a Republican victory is so tight that they have to literally win every real swing state to win.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

icantfindaname posted:

Sexless, I imagine

They probably shouldn't breed anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

mcmagic posted:

If "running up the white vote" couldn't win the Republicans the White House against Obama, it definitely won't work against a white person

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

JT Jag posted:

If "running up the white vote" couldn't win the Republicans the White House against Obama, it definitely won't work against a white person

But what about these "trust" numbers from a single poll I have right here?

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Democrats need to face the facts that if Clinton loses New York, California, and Illinois, she's going to have trouble winning the election.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

borkencode posted:

Democrats need to face the facts that if Clinton looses New York, California, and Illinois, she's going to have trouble winning the election.

white liberals on somethingawful.com were polled and they hold a dim view of Hillary, clearly this bodes poorly for her in liberal states like ny, cal, and illinois

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
The white male vote would have to probably top 70% for Generic Republican 2016 for running up the score to even matter, and there's no reason to think white flight from the Democratic Party will ever top 2012.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Rick Perry is giving a speech in DC today. It is titled "Defending Conservatism Against the Cancer of Trump-ism"

Gosh, I wonder what it will be about?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

borkencode posted:

Democrats need to face the facts that if Clinton loses New York, California, and Illinois, she's going to have trouble winning the election.

Best joke in the thread so far.

Fried Chicken posted:

Rick Perry is giving a speech in DC today. It is titled "Defending Conservatism Against the Cancer of Trump-ism"

I wonder what Trump's going to do to get even with Perry. Flaming dog poo poo on his front steps? Order him a thousand pizzas?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

Rick Perry saying things that make sense "Republicans need to admit that black people are unfairly treated by the criminal justice system." Is the most Bizarre loving thing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

is trump-ism the samething as liberalism ?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

Someone wants Trump to talk about him.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Gravel Gravy posted:

Someone wants Trump to talk about him.
It's a pretty good way to get your name in the news.

Also your phone number

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I wonder what Trump's going to do to get even with Perry. Flaming dog poo poo on his front steps? Order him a thousand pizzas?

Perry's speech is going to get DDOS'ed

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

It's a pretty good way to get your name in the news.

It certainly made Graham relevant again for about 15 minutes.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Rick Perry saying things that make sense "Republicans need to admit that black people are unfairly treated by the criminal justice system." Is the most Bizarre loving thing.

tbf Rick Perry has probably executed more latinos than black people.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

:golfclap:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

"He offers a barking carnival act that can be best described as Trumpism: a mix of demagoguery, mean-spiritedness and nonsense"

Hey check it out, Perry found someone who knows how to use words longer than 2 syllables to write for him

Seriously though, this is a move from treating this as entertainment to treating it as politics. So congrats Donald, they are starting to take you seriously. Now let's see how long this lasts; if this were Cruz or Walker I suspect it would hit harder than coming from a guy who grasping at straws because he is probably being bumped out of the debate by Trump

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Also mods please change my name to Barking Carnival Act tia

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

PupsOfWar posted:

Actually according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice There are more black death row offenders than either whites or hispanics atm, which are both roughly tied.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 22, 2015

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

Changing your name won't stop those articles of impeachment, fyi.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Fried Chicken posted:

That's been a recurring theme this cycle. It already feels like so many moons ago that Rep. Peter King (R-NY) dismissed Ted Cruz as a "carnival barker."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spite_house (except it's a skyscraper with his name on it).

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

How to destroy your cell phone with Sen. Lindsey Graham

Say this for him, senator graham has always had a sense of humor

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

How to destroy your cell phone with Sen. Lindsey Graham

Say this for him, senator graham has always had a sense of humor

Funny but I don't like Graham enough to spread his video like he hopes people will.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I'm an MRA and I don't think Hillary in the white house would have any negative effect on the movement.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Per today's briefing the White House is in final stages of drafting a plan to close Gitmo. It is already almost empty, these would be the last and the facility itself

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

ban this sick filth.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm an MRA and I don't think Hillary in the white house would have any negative effect on the movement.
I unfortunately agree, at least in the short term a lot of people who are borderline sexists will go over the line with a female president. Same thing with Obama, a lot of people outed themselves as racists. This is a very polarized country.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

That glasses actually do make you learn gooder, you don't mess with Texas, and um uh, what's the third one there... oops.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

Per today's briefing the White House is in final stages of drafting a plan to close Gitmo. It is already almost empty, these would be the last and the facility itself

Took 7 years, but that'd be a campaign promise kept, wouldn't it?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
NY just approved $15/hr minimum wage for fast food workers!!!...

...and employers must comply by 2021

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

Took 7 years, but that'd be a campaign promise kept, wouldn't it?

If he can do it, yeah. I do appreciate that when he got blocked at closing it by congress he has kept chipping away at it, but the place going away for good is an important and necessary thin IMO. If nothing else I don't want to see how quickly Bush repopulate sit if a black swan happens and he wins.

• Locked thread