Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

nsaP posted:

Not my city, but a little river town i'm passing thru. I can't think of a challenge or i woulda lied.

Edit: new challenge would have been easier this morning

Busting it out on Saturday night would have made it way too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

TheScott2K posted:

:siren:YOUR BIKE WITH A MEMBER OF THE CLERGY:siren:
With some visible indication of holiness (habit, collar, etc), don't just grab a guy and say he's a Reform Rabbi.

Other than at an airport, I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've seen a "visible" clergy member walking around in the wild in my entire life. Genuinely curious to see how quick this comes through.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

slidebite posted:

Other than at an airport, I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've seen a "visible" clergy member walking around in the wild in my entire life. Genuinely curious to see how quick this comes through.

I will award some sort of prize to someone if they get a nun in a habit for this.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

I will award some sort of prize to someone if they get a nun in a habit for this.

I wish my mom's friend's order wore habits. I want a prize.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Ask a priest to bless your motorcycle.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Ack, that is the exact challenge that I was planning on making. Darn.

I suggest a Unitarian Universalist minister. They're all laid back hippies.

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
:siren:YOUR BIKE WITH A MEMBER OF THE CLERGY:siren:

Hint: Look at the back of his jacket

:siren:Your bike at some type of fabrication shop:siren:
(machine shop, wood shop, body shop, Etc.)

Extra credit if the bike is inside, instead of parked out front.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Way to find a guy whose jacket says he's a Christian.

In the interest of letting the game continue I will accept it.

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
The guy is actually a youth pastor, if that helps.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Oh man I could just take a picture of the bike in the garage...I have fabricated things there! :buddy: (but that would be lame so I won't)

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
Might have to do that.....

Didn't think my challenge would take so long. do not want to be the one that kills the game. :ohdear:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Detroit117 posted:

Might have to do that.....

Didn't think my challenge would take so long. do not want to be the one that kills the game. :ohdear:

You're dealing with majority goons minority greasemonkeys.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I've got a paint shop a half mile down the road, I'll roll down to SIK WERKS in the morning and snap a picture before class.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Since I don't have a bike right now, can I still play in my car :saddowns:

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
Pull two of the wheels off it for the picture.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Bixington posted:

Pull two of the wheels off it for the picture.

:effort:

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Slim Pickens posted:

Oh right, I've got a paint shop a half mile down the road, I'll roll down to SIK WERKS in the morning and snap a picture before class.

Race you to it! We have a small fabrication/machine shop within our workshop and it finally won't be raining in southeastern Massachusetts tomorrow so I'll be riding into work. She'll look good parked infront of a milling machine.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're on! I forgot to get one on the way to or from school, but remembered I needed to pick up something at the tailor's so thought I'd get a pic with my DSLR then. Go to snap a shot, no card in camera. poo poo. Okay, a camera pic will have to do. Battery's too loving low to take a picture, gently caress!

So it's only a minute down the road, I'm saying 'gently caress it' and gonna go get one with a loving CF card in the camera this time.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There we go. What a bitch that was.

:siren:Your bike next to a lesser-known landmark:siren:

For instance, Seattle has the space needle, but not a lot of people know we have a bronze statue of Lenin hanging out in the area, too. Something like that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slim Pickens posted:

For instance, Seattle has the space needle, but not a lot of people know we have a bronze statue of Lenin hanging out in the area, too. Something like that.

The Seattle troll!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The troll's sooooo mainstream, bro, there's an internet video of some dude dancing next to it and everything

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
How about a huge memorial to Warren G. Harding?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sure, even though Cedar Point is the only real landmark Ohio has. :v:

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

Sure, even though Cedar Point is the only real landmark Ohio has. :v:
We have the AMA museum in Columbus.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Slim Pickens posted:

Gahh you beat me. I needed until this morning to get it, but it is inside the shop. I don't know if you can make it out but there are 2 lathes and 2 milling machines in the background. This is a pretty cool thread though, I just found it not to long ago, hopefully I can add something soon!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That took longer than I would have thought!

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Here is the Harding Memorial in Marion, Ohio. If you don't know much about the guy he is considered to have been the worst president by most historians. Essentially all he did was give his buddies cabinet positions and played poker.

Since my original idea for a challenge was already used, my next one is to post a picture of your bike by a non-abrahamic place of worship. Sikh, Unitarian Universalist, Buddhist, etc.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

astrollinthepork posted:

Since my original idea for a challenge was already used, my next one is to post a picture of your bike by a non-abrahamic place of worship. Sikh, Unitarian Universalist, Buddhist, etc.

Huh, seems the only gurdwara (Sikh temple) in Denmark is like three blocks from where I live. Not much to look at, but I'll probably go grab a pic tomorrow.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

KozmoNaut posted:

Huh, seems the only gurdwara (Sikh temple) in Denmark is like three blocks from where I live. Not much to look at, but I'll probably go grab a pic tomorrow.

The Baha'i center is about 10 minutes out of my way, but the Soto Zen center is on my way home. I might beat you to it. (I forgot my camera when I left for lunch, otherwise I would have had a picture of the Krog St. Tunnle).

Edit: nope. Traffic was not in my favor this day.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 11, 2012

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Hindu Temple just south of Sydney:

:siren: your bike with the Flora/Fauna emblem of your state/territory/province etc :siren:

Bonus points for those in the US who can get something on this list.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That is a good challenge. Not sure if my provincial flowers are in bloom yet though... although the bike and a great horned owl would be :black101:

Here is a list for Canadian Provinces:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_provincial_and_territorial_symbols

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
So tempted to drench my biek in milk, but somebody else could pull something even more creative.

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.
Doesn't Colorado have a state Dinosaur? I think its the Stegosaurus.

E: How the gently caress do I know this poo poo.

Bixington posted:

So tempted to drench my biek in milk, but somebody else could pull something even more creative.

Sup PA guy.

Dzus fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 13, 2012

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm tempted to go take a picture on Capitalsaurus Court. (The street I ache to live on.)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

slidebite posted:

Here is a list for Canadian Provinces:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_provincial_and_territorial_symbols

I could roll my bike into the backyard and take a picture of it with an Eastern White Pine, but that seems to be kind of missing the point. Goddamnit, why isn't the Ministry of Transportation open on Sundays :bahgawd:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Endless Mike posted:

I'm tempted to go take a picture on Capitalsaurus Court. (The street I ache to live on.)

Wow, that is the greatest street name ever.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Man that's better then Cyclotron court.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shimrod posted:

Wow, that is the greatest street name ever.

It is. Sadly, it's only one block long, so finding a place there is unlikely at best.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

upsidedown posted:

:siren: your bike with the Flora/Fauna emblem of your state/territory/province etc :siren:

Presenting the Magnolia, Mississippi's state flower, tree, and symbol (the Magnolia state).

http://i.imgur.com/Mu1YS.jpg

I could have cheated and used the specimen across the street from my house, but that's no fun. Here we are parked beside the City Hall in Downtown Jackson, MS.

So, a Challenge...

:siren: Your bike and your favorite riding road. Be sure your picture shows us how much fun it is. :siren:

Stormangel fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

GA-400: straight, flat, no lights, and sometimes there are miles between exits/entrances.

• Locked thread