Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I think someone just needs to make a post and get it rolling. I have been out of the loop dealing with the mechanic who didn't tighten my lugs down, causing my tire to take a little independent trip while I was driving on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I've everyone's cool with the map I just posed, then I say let's hit it. If everyone would rather bunnie's map, then let's do that one and hit it.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
ATTN: Seoul Team

If you're gonna knock over a convoy, be sure to have the right BGM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizqYIqZHz0

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

InfiniteJesters posted:

ATTN: Seoul Team

If you're gonna knock over a convoy, be sure to have the right BGM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizqYIqZHz0

I was thinking more along the lines of this

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
I KNEW it was gonna be bug city, wish I remembered to buy the spray glue and brought a lighter.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

we're set i just haven't been up to posting this week. Just throw us in there I'm ok with the ambush as is.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Posting now, but I wanna clarify.

If I cast a spell at force 10, I can only get physical stun off HITS that I make OVER my magic, right? So if I get 6 hits, I'm still only resisting Stun, correct?

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Posting now, but I wanna clarify.

If I cast a spell at force 10, I can only get physical stun off HITS that I make OVER my magic, right? So if I get 6 hits, I'm still only resisting Stun, correct?

Sounds right to me, let me double check....

Yeah, according to p. 282:

book posted:

Remember that if the
number of hits you rolled when casting the spell (Step
4) exceeds your Magic rating, then the Drain causes
Physical instead of Stun damage.

InfiniteJesters posted:

SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.

He's not an alien yet.

Still REALLY wish I had some spray adhesive and a lighter.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Doc Dee posted:

Still REALLY wish I had some spray adhesive and a lighter.

I can cast Fireball.

Just throwing that out there.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Sorry, updates coming soon. Got really sick (read: drunk) last night

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I am terrible at writing out Russian French accents. :v:

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

InfiniteJesters posted:

I am terrible at writing out Russian French accents. :v:

Yeah, it's coming out REAL German.

Doesn't really matter, it's all elfgames.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Doc Dee posted:

Yeah, it's coming out REAL German.

Doesn't really matter, it's all elfgames.

I'm going to headcanon it as "Europe is a linguistic clusterfuck after bombing itself so many times in the Shadowrun timeline". :v:

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Fair enough.

Also, Madd Matt is probably dead now. :gonk:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Please. An elevator is also known to runners as the "death cell".

My post make sense to everybody? Do I need to roll anything?

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 16, 2014

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone have any grenades or area spells?? Only grenades I have are of the smoke variety. :v:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Doc Dee posted:

Anyone have any grenades or area spells?? Only grenades I have are of the smoke variety. :v:

Classtoise posted:

I can cast Fireball.

Just throwing that out there.

:smugbert:

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I've got flashpaks. Not as good right now as a frag, but still useful!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

So now that I know overcasting only hurts if I do more than 6 net hits, I think I'm gonna do a lot more overcasting.

Also holy gently caress 15 net damage with -10 AP on (hopefully) surprised guards wearing metal armor into a small metal enclosure.

If I'm gonna have a reputation as a Combat Mage, I'm drat well gonna EARN it :colbert:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Awww poo poo buttbutts. I'm gonna have one hell of an update when I get home tonight.

:can: :can: :can:

The Bible fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 17, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

The Bible posted:

Awww poo poo buttbutts. I'm gonna have one hell of an update when I get home tonight.

:can: :can: :can:

I apologize in advance to Matt but maybe he shouldn't have let them use the goddamn elevator in the first place :colbert:

EDIT: Also are we using the alternative grenade rules or just "no chunky salsa" and taking away my explosive box murder :ohdear:

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 17, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Classtoise posted:

I apologize in advance to Matt but maybe he shouldn't have let them use the goddamn elevator in the first place :colbert:

EDIT: Also are we using the alternative grenade rules or just "no chunky salsa" and taking away my explosive box murder :ohdear:

No chunky salsa, but not much walks away from a -10 AP 15P fireball exploding in a metal box inside a narrow metal tube.

On that note, who is familiar with the physics of how a gun fires a bullet? :v:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nevermind the physics of how a gun fires a bullet, think of the physics of the bullet hitting its target.

This is going to be gory.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
So, just trying to get out at this point seems like the most reasonable thing to do, but I can't help but feel like we're supposed to continue down. Might it be possible to get some Biblical guidance on the issue, given that we have to make up our characters' minds right about now?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Well, you were "supposed" to leave with the doctor, who has a ton of info on the heist which would springboard the next part of the run. The guards were there to speed things along.

I didn't expect you to wreck the elevator and trip every alarm in the house, and stairs into the backdoor of an illegal facility like this doesn't seem likely to me, and I do love player-based narrative, so I look forward to whatever solutions you all devise here.

I suppose if I were to give advice, I'd say that I greatly enjoy the use of skills over combat in problem solving, for example, you might climb the elevator shaft, but again, that's really up to you guys. I'm just enjoying the story.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 17, 2014

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Haha, okay. Well, my (and Elena's) first instinct was to climb the elevator shaft and make a run for it. I guess I just have a sort of meta-paranoia that GMs never want PCs to run from a fight.

Edit: I'm a little worried about how hot the elevator shaft will be at this point, though.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Some GM's are definitely like that. I'm of the opinion that in a tabletop RPG, players should have more freedom than that, and that sometimes, combat isn't always the best option.

In any case, charging into a cockroach spirit nest that contains at least five True Forms that you are aware of without any prep is more than I would force on any group of players. I'm also of the belief that there is no such thing as an inescapable prison.

Of course, I won't stop you either. Nothing is worse than wondering what could have been.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

I'm pretty sure that dying horribly is usually considered worse than wondering what could have been.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Jester the next Fireball is for you.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Jester the next Fireball is for you.

I REGRET NOTHING.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

With my monster roll, I should be able to get up pretty quick, right?

Quick enough to help everyone else up with another teamwork climbing roll?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Do we want to run or do we stay and fight? I got some pretty hefty wound modifiers hiding behind a Resist Pain spell.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

We want to run.

Run so far away.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Run like our asses are on fire. DeChasse needs time to make the mental leap from "missing-persons case" to "angry cockroach people."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

I have a feeling my Drain rolls are going to start failing me, so I say we run before everyone is limping around failing to do simple tests.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
yo bunnie you rolled the wrong dice code on initiative, that's why it's so insanely low

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Uhhh, does anyone here besides me have a vehicle?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
get scooters :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Atlatl posted:

yo bunnie you rolled the wrong dice code on initiative, that's why it's so insanely low

poo poo. I am running around at work. I will edit it. Thanks of the catch.

• Locked thread