Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Selene

Tries the door on the managers office.

It's locked.

Selene, the sirens are very close now. But you hear a deep hissing voice rumble your name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Selene

"Who's there?" She turns round, in a loose fighting stance. The siren are putting her on edge, and she finds herself in no mood to be messed around.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The voice rumbles. "I do not appear to you, for fear that I frighten you with my terrible aspect. You are my charge. I seek to help you. I am Wendigo."

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod tears arms and legs through the silk, and now looks like he's wearing a potato sack. He tries to sever the single web cable coming down the elevator shaft in the hopes it disrupts the giant spider, somewhat.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Jarrod tears arms and legs through the silk, and now looks like he's wearing a potato sack. He tries to sever the single web cable coming down the elevator shaft in the hopes it disrupts the giant spider, somewhat.

You slice through them with relative ease with your claws. The metallic spider clicks in annoyance, immediately turns away from you, and begins slowly trying to repair the web cable.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj peeks through the doorway, trying to see and hear what's going on in the apartment. He's not too cautious yet though, since Doug and Boon had to have already gone in way ahead of him.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod tries to perceive any weak spots in the spider, or whether it can be used as a lift, or talked to, or what

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Raj peeks through the doorway, trying to see and hear what's going on in the apartment. He's not too cautious yet though, since Doug and Boon had to have already gone in way ahead of him.

You hear frustrated grunting and the occasional "Come!"

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Jarrod tries to perceive any weak spots in the spider, or whether it can be used as a lift, or talked to, or what

It busily clicks and chitters as it slowly repairs the cable. As you watch, the door, as elevator doors are prone to do, begins to shut.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

The voice rumbles. "I do not appear to you, for fear that I frighten you with my terrible aspect. You are my charge. I seek to help you. I am Wendigo."

Selene takes a moment to let that sink in, and decides to roll with the punches.

"Alright, Wendigo. I need to gather my...pack, or whatever they are, and get them to safety."

She thinks about that for a moment.

"Or I need to keep the police from finding them and meet them later. Either one would work."

She waits for advice, all too conscious of the approaching sirens and the faint, ridiculous worry about how she would explain this to her brother if she got arrested.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod scratches his shaggy mane, and presses the call button again. He thinks he knows what's going on.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The voice returns. "I will share some of my power with you, enough to get you across the veil between worlds. Your packmate needs your help." You feel the offer of something in the core of your being. It warms the part of you that's been missing since you held the gourd, but you know you must first accept the offering.

Wendigo is going to give you a loaner on some Gnosis.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Jarrod scratches his shaggy mane, and presses the call button again. He thinks he knows what's going on.

It's still repairing the cable. It glances at you, frustrated, then turns back to its work.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod grunts apologetically. He tries to communicate that he just wants to get to the tenth floor.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

You hear frustrated grunting and the occasional "Come!"

Raj follows the sounds and walks in on two 9-foot werewolves trying to fish a man out of a swimming pool.

What do I need to roll to resist hysterical laughter?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene is perhaps a little too eager to accept a spiritual gift from an unseen spirit - but whatever caution she may have been feeling goes away when she feels the warmth start to fill her.

"Alright - Let's do this."

She looks at her reflection in one of the many reflective surfaces in this lobby, and lets herself drift away.

Take the gift, walk between worlds

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Jarrod grunts apologetically. He tries to communicate that he just wants to get to the tenth floor.

The spider looks at you again, chitters for a moment, and a tiny swarm of tiny spiders comes towards you and starts trying to web you again, this time much more ineffectually. It seems to be all that it can spare. The giant spider returns to its work.

I won't even roll for it, it would take them so long to root you in place.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Selene is perhaps a little too eager to accept a spiritual gift from an unseen spirit - but whatever caution she may have been feeling goes away when she feels the warmth start to fill her.

"Alright - Let's do this."

She looks at her reflection in one of the many reflective surfaces in this lobby, and lets herself drift away.

Take the gift, walk between worlds

You emerge in a ghostly reflection of the lobby. Spiderwebs cover everything. Jarrod stands at the end of the lobby by the elevator door. He is covered in tiny spiders, and a giant spider is spinning a web in the elevator shaft.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Alf you finally cautiously reach the top of the stairs.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Surely I've reached the spirit world again? I've been underwater long enough. :shrug:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Were you trying to cross over? I'm sorry if I misinterpreted.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod looks at Selene and gives a little wave.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Selene

Jarrod waves at you. He is covered in spiders.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene looks at Jarrod. He's covered in spiders.

"What the bloody hell are you doing? Let's get upstairs and get the others, the cops are coming."

Shaking her head, she moves for the stairwell.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

JP Rothschild

JP exits the pool and demands a towel.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
:boonie:

David Boon jumps into the pool.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Well poo poo.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Anyone still in werewolf form, you're going to need to roll Willpower to remain in werewolf form. It's pretty clear there's no danger here.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm going to be out for a few hours. Just assume I go along with anything.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

Anyone still in werewolf form, you're going to need to roll Willpower to remain in werewolf form. It's pretty clear there's no danger here.

Nah, that's okay, back to human form I guess.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod gives up trying to catch a lift with the mechanical spider, shrugs off the remaining webs and spiders, and bounds over to Selene. He begins the ascent to floor 10, reverting to human form as he does so.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
A cockroach skitters up to JP. The cockroach says "These guys are like you. They're here to help you, although I guess not with getting a towel."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf
Alf moves down the corridor to the open apartment. He enters into the apartment and immediately sees feet sticking out from behind a counter. He runs over to search the body.

wait is this the burnt up body? or another one?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I transform back to human form.

"Ok so the cockroach is talking now. Righto. I'm Doug, by the way. You don't have any clothes I can borrow do you?"
He gestures at the tattered rags he's wearing.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

Alf
Alf moves down the corridor to the open apartment. He enters into the apartment and immediately sees feet sticking out from behind a counter. He runs over to search the body.

wait is this the burnt up body? or another one?

Burnt up body. You search it and find nothing in any of the pockets. No ID, wallet, or anything.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

I transform back to human form.

"Ok so the cockroach is talking now. Righto. I'm Doug, by the way. You don't have any clothes I can borrow do you?"
He gestures at the tattered rags he's wearing.
Mills has gone to bed. I'm going to assume he tells you no, he doesn't have any clothes for you. If he disagrees with this tomorrow, he can let us know then and you can retroactively have clothes.

Cockroach interrupts you. "Me? Yeah, I got clothes for you. Because, clothes, that's what's really important. Not the dead body over there, or the police sirens coming closer, or the hit squads, or the nightmare monsters begging to burst through into this plane of existence. Clothes."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf

Leaving the burnt body behind Alf goes to look for the toilet. Finding one just past the kitchen, he enters and closes the door, takes off the lid to the cistern and proceeds to squat over the now open cistern.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene is moving on up the stairs with Jarrod, comparing notes on the whole ~crazy dimensional travel~ experience

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Everyone poop in JP's house now that he's not here to object.

Selene and Jarrod, you reach the top of the spirit stairwell. Wendigo booms to you both "Hurry. Gather your pack, and leave this place, united!" Jarrod, you have no idea who the gently caress is talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That was my plan

Alf
Now finished with his upper decking business, he carefully replaces the cistern, wipes the shoe marks off the toilet seat and heads out towards the hot tub where the others have gathered around a pale skinny whining man.

• Locked thread