Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Puppy cuddled is the preferred euphemism, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

How about pussy wrangled?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I heard you all need a replacement, I'll do it, I'll play this game you call mafia.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kumbamontu posted:

I prefer merked. Kill is just easier though since you can apply it to scum kills, town kills, vigs or whatever else.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I prefer murder

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Pinterest Mom has replaced tearshed.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi
i've reread all of tearshed's posts, so i feel like i'm pretty much caught up

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

hi
i've reread all of tearshed's posts, so i feel like i'm pretty much caught up

welcome to the thread. give me your money and vote for opopanax.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

welcome to the thread. give me your money and vote for opopanax.

Classic bully shakedown. What are we in fourth grade?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Magnus Gallant posted:

Classic bully shakedown. What are we in fourth grade?

Yeah, shame on you, Somber.

Ya know, PM, if you give me your money I can protect you from bullies like Somber...

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'd rather have money than not have it. maybe you guys can give me money and meinberg can protect me?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (2): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Opopanax
bowmore (2): DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste
Tremendous Taste (2): Kumbamontu, Rarity
Opopanax (2): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Somberbrero
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls
Somberbrero (0): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Rarity
Rarity (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Meinberg (0): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (7): bowmore, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'd rather have money than not have it. maybe you guys can give me money and meinberg can protect me?

this is a pretty intense reaction to a joke. also feels like you're maybe fishin' meinstein for some item info since he made it kinda clear that wouldn't really work.

i don't think that's a good idea. keep your money. buy gold bury it in your back yard.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Fwiw trying to connect two unflipped players as scum is considered one of the worst ways to scum hunt (and anecdotally I have never once see it work)

Toast

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mills posted:

Fwiw trying to connect two unflipped players as scum is considered one of the worst ways to scum hunt (and anecdotally I have never once see it work)

Toast

You're just saying that to protect your scum buddy

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Both of them apparently

toast

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

You're just saying that to protect your scum buddy

a third time ypm assumes i am town!!!!!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

Third time you have used a joke/hypothetical of mine to say that I assume you to be town when I have stated on multiple occasions that I am suspicious of you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

I have no idea what bowmore has done this game.
Nothing yet! I've been unexpectedly stuck without internet so I hope people give me leniency for a couple of real world days so I can sort this poo poo out

Should be able to get on a public computer tomorrow for an hour or two so I don't have to use my friends phone internet to play an internet party game that he doesn't understand

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also I know Opop and I are incredibly sexy but you shouldn't be a jerk and switch the votes around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

It makes no sense when you are clearly scum!

Marmalade

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I reread the vote-leaders.
Ernie: town
Bowmore: lurker, can't tell. Not for it or against it but we can do better than a lurker puppy cuddle on day 1.
Tremendous taste: the few comments that haven't been garbed in a post restriction have been points I've agreed with so id say he's gut town.
Opop: gut scum. Dont like the way he cased Ernie.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You may have mentioned it before so if you did I apologize, but why do you think Ernie is town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

You may have mentioned it before so if you did I apologize, but why do you think Ernie is town

Yes, please elaborate

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (2): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Opopanax
bowmore (2): DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste
Tremendous Taste (2): Kumbamontu, Rarity
Opopanax (2): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Somberbrero
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls
Somberbrero (0): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Rarity
Rarity (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Meinberg (0): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (7): bowmore, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT

Little less than 2 days left, still lots of time left but we are in the home stretch!

So those two votes on Bowmore were both supposed to be on Opop. Theoretically, Opop is in the lead right now with 4 votes if that is ever fixed. DHD and Taste should probably try re-voting.

For meta reasons, I'm willing to consider Opop. Honestly, his posting seems nice and helpful and present in this game and if this was the first game I'd been in with him I'd think he was town. But I've been in a couple of games with him now and this is actually out of the norm. Normally he is unhelpful, lurky, etc. So something is making him post differently then normal. I don't think he is any less busy given his dropping of one of his planned games. :shrug:

My number one lurker target Tearshed has been replaced by PinMom. Are you scum PinMom? :)

Next lurker on my list is Bowmore. I hounded him in the X-men game for his unhelpful posting and he turned out to be town. Given his RL excuses in the thread I guess I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment, but I'd really like to see some something meaty when he gets in front of a real computer tomorrow. If his current posting continues as it is though, I'd be willing to vote for him before the end of day 1.

On the other vote leaders, I'm still feeling like Ernie is seeming towny other than that one brief combo of posts I found unusual. When he was scum in another game I was in with him he seemed far less helpful. It feels like he is trying to find things in this game. Taste I have no idea on. He's fooled me before and he certainly isn't doing anything helpful for town in this game. I guess I'd lean scum on him. On Mills, although he is doing some unhelpful gimicky thing with his posting, he has at least stated his reasons for voting how he is and although I don't agree with them, they seem reasonable. I guess I'm leaning town there for now.

---

Hey Hal, since I see you are around right now, do you want to weigh in with your thoughts at the moment? You haven't really contributed much this game yet and I know you can do it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not scum so there's no need to puppy cuddle me today :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm normally helpful. I've been over extending myself but now my load is a little lighter. Plus I like DBD games so I'm putting in more effort.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Hal, since I see you are around right now, do you want to weigh in with your thoughts at the moment? You haven't really contributed much this game yet and I know you can do it.

##vote Ernie

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Now that I've finished being MVP in all my other games, how are y'all doing?

TOAST TOAST OSTAOTSOTAHAT

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

Now that I've finished being MVP in all my other games, how are y'all doing?

TOAST TOAST OSTAOTSOTAHAT

:allears:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:slick:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal I need to know, it's been bugging me

am i... your favourite mafia player

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

Hal I need to know, it's been bugging me

am i... your favourite mafia player

I have never thought about such a thing... you're certainly in the group that would be under consideration.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##unvote

First week of teaching is a great time to sign up for mafia games, by the way.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

We can't talk about money until we know what it does. I'm not against discussion, there is no discussion. And instead of giving someone I find easy to read (you) money, I gave it to someone I don't think is as easy to read. Actually, someone who is more likely to be not as well-read by the majority of the thread.

More importantly, scum definitely have a higher incentive than town to harbor money, because they are at a numbers disadvantage. I am not at all stressed by the fact that I can't buy money from a hypothetical as of yet non-existing shop because all I need to do right now is scumhunt.

And I think there's scum between you, hal and kumba, with my strongest town on read on meinberg (he's tricky but his posts sound very honest).

The post above is the basis for my thoughts on why Ernie is town.

This is another Ernie town-post:

Ernie. posted:

My history with hal is that you can usually tell his alignment based on the cases he fly-by/drive-by supports. In this game he's supported nothing but the general consensus i.e. he's more interested in appearing invested than he is actually invested.

I don't necessarily have a rule for what scum do on D1 because it depends from game to game, but I'm going to guess that in this game scum are going to coast till the end of D1, yeah. There's not much activity to force them not to.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal say I'm your favorite or I won't allow you into my games and destroy your precious record.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Who's my favorite?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Hal say I'm your favorite or I won't allow you into my games and destroy your precious record.

You definitely win for favorite individual game (you know which one)

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal do I win overall favourite for my efforts in Mafia / Survivor / Cheat Game COME ON GIVE THIS TO ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Who's my favorite?

Oh yeah I remember. I'm my favorite.

• Locked thread