Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Today's my birthday but I feel like last month was really when I got the best presents, between Corbyn/Watson winning and David Cameron loving A Dead Pig.

e; in 139 AD, Marcus Aurelius is proclaimed Caesar, the last of the Five Good Emperors. His death in 180 would usher in a time of considerable troubles, in part because he named his trueborn son, Commodus, as heir. This highlights the regressive and inevitably failed nature of dynastic politics and inheritance, and we should institute a 100% estate tax immediately.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mister Adequate posted:

Today's my birthday but I feel like last month was really when I got the best presents, between Corbyn/Watson winning and David Cameron loving A Dead Pig.
First post on a new page, you're supposed to make a reference to something important and relevant that happened on this date. God what a newb.

Happy birthday! :downs:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kegluneq posted:

First post on a new page, you're supposed to make a reference to something important and relevant that happened on this date. God what a newb.

On this day in history, David Cameron woke up knowing that he had at some point in his past face hosed a dead pig

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Kegluneq posted:

I didn't know beforehand that it would be a new page! And you beat my edit :negative:

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Happy birthday toooo yooooooouuuu!

Edit: vv Very good point.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 2, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mister Adequate posted:

Some presents are best when you don't have to open them in person. Or have them in your house.

Happy birthday!

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Prince John posted:

This article about domestic slavery and caste discrimination in the UK is bad enough, but I just saw this and spat feathers:

Someone really, really, needs to sort this out.

But this can't be right, didn't our glorious (if slightly hammy round the nethers) leader just get finished telling those ungrateful Jamaican colonials that the UK has already wiped slavery "off the face of our planet"? Lot of people moaning when they should be grateful.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

EmptyVessel posted:

But this can't be right, didn't our glorious (if slightly hammy round the nethers) leader just get finished telling those ungrateful Jamaican colonials that the UK has already wiped slavery "off the face of our planet"? Lot of people moaning when they should be grateful.

I think he was too busy thinking of his porcine lover and he actually meant to say the UK has already wiped slavery from the face of Witney. That was a pretty dumb thing for him to say though.

vv Perfect! Oink. I can't wait for the next PMQs.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 2, 2015

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
You have a point - he was possibly thinking "we have wiped the slavers off the face of our pork" now I think about it.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

TinTower posted:

I suppose a good proportion of members would support him. The Blairite rump in the PLP might resist the idea, though.

Yeah, but PLP resistance isn't all that important until after the 2020 election, by which time it will be a good deal more left-wing absent a coup etc..

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder when our governments will realise that on the global stage Britain are considered 'the bad guys' - I mean Christ alive his patting himself on the back for Britain 'ending slavery' while making no mention of the fact that Britain perpetrated it for centuries.

It's like congratulating yourself for tiring out after kicking a homeless man for 20 minutes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean he probably literally did that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

It's like congratulating yourself for tiring out after kicking a homeless man for 20 minutes.
How do you think he got into the Bullingdon Club?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

How do you think he got into the Bullingdon Club?

I imagine it also involved his cock and some kooky ritual but legally I wouldn't dare speculate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does anywhere other than the UK really go for liver and onions w/ mashed potato as a meal?

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

OwlFancier posted:

Does anywhere other than the UK really go for liver and onions w/ mashed potato as a meal?

I wouldn't put it past Tibet...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I imagine it also involved his cock and some kooky ritual but legally I wouldn't dare speculate.

It's a matter of record that you have to burn a £50 note in front of a homeless person to get in. I doubt that your fellow club-members would object if you put a few kicks in as well.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It'd be crueller to give the £50 note to a homeless person, and then watch him desperately try to spend it while slowly starving to death because none of the shops will take it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Burning a £50 note removes it from the money supply and gives whatever meagre pennies the homeless person might happen to have on him greater purchasing power. Really he should be thankful.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Birmingham is the place with the no-go zones right?

Literally so loving Muslim that they are starting to find ancient fragments of the Koran. poo poo they don't even find in like Afghanistan. You'd have to go to like Saudi Arabia to find stuff like that. And it's where Mecca is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's super cool. Also yes I have it on good authority that Birmingham is basically an ISIS enclave right now and everyone's just being really quiet about it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hell, I hardly ever leave my house.

For completely unrelated reasons.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's one of those things from that email forward about Muslims.

As long as the Muslim population of a locality remains around 1% they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness.

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.

When Muslims reach around 15% of the population, fragments of the Original Koran will begin materializing, showing a preference for places where books and papers are normally found (libraries, archives, etc).

When Muslims reach over 25% of the population, time will begin to distort, journeys will be much longer or shorter than usual, reportings of Djinn appearing in or around churches will start to happen.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If anything, Islam possessing the ability to transform reality into Rise of Legends would only make me more supportive of immigration.

I want to live in a floating city powered by magic crystals.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Greetings from the audience of Any Questions comrades, Hilary Benn is here with Ken Clarke, the woman from Chumbawumba, and a fascist who used to be in Brookside.

Any suggestions for questions that won't end up with me on a watch list?

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

When Muslims reach over 25% of the population, time will begin to distort, journeys will be much longer or shorter than usual, reportings of Djinn appearing in or around churches will start to happen.

Sold

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Alan BStard posted:

What is everyone's favorite monster munch?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Mister Adequate posted:

This highlights the regressive and inevitably failed nature of dynastic politics and inheritance, and we should institute a 100% estate tax immediately.

The Institute of Directors disagrees with you most vehemently, sir!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/11907392/George-Osborne-should-abolish-inheritance-tax-in-its-entirety.html

quote:

It is seen as unfair because it does not catch the truly wealthy, who are able to disperse the assets in plenty of time before they die. Instead it falls upon those who have used their already taxed income to build up modest assets over the course of their lifetime, normally in the form of their home but also their ISAs and savings for retirement.

Note that the current threshold for Inheritance Tax is £325k of assets, tho the Tories are raising that to £1 million in the case of housing wealth.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Alan BStard posted:

Greetings from the audience of Any Questions comrades, Hilary Benn is here with Ken Clarke, the woman from Chumbawumba, and a fascist who used to be in Brookside.

"Where the gently caress do you get off being a massive loving sellout?"

To the Chumbawumba lady, or Hilary Benn.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
"Isn't Hilary a girl's name?"

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Pork Pie Hat posted:

"Where the gently caress do you get off being a massive loving sellout?"

To the Chumbawumba lady, or Hilary Benn.

Oi, what did Jude Abbott do?

Edit: don't say Tubthumbing. It happened. I like to think it was vaguely regretted.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Green Wing posted:

Edit: don't say Tubthumbing. It happened. I like to think it was vaguely regretted.

Think it's Alice Nutter tonight, not Jude. I agree with your edit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

What is everyone's favorite monster munch?

Yeah this.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

I wonder when our governments will realise that on the global stage Britain are considered 'the bad guys' - I mean Christ alive his patting himself on the back for Britain 'ending slavery' while making no mention of the fact that Britain perpetrated it for centuries.

About the same time all the Daily Mail readers have the sudden realisation that the world thinks we're a terrible country and no one respects us or our lovely politics. If it ever happens the introspective abyss that follows will manifest forming a black hole that the LHC could only dream of.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Regarde Aduck posted:

About the same time all the Daily Mail readers have the sudden realisation that the world thinks we're a terrible country and no one respects us or our lovely politics. If it ever happens the introspective abyss that follows will manifest forming a black hole that the LHC could only dream of.

I'm pretty sure that realisation would just make them dig deeper and advocate for the ending of all life outside of the United Kingdom, though.

Mr N
Oct 20, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I believe they eat a similar dish in Italy, probably polenta rather than mash though.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
The good weather keeping me busy at work is the only thing that has spared you fuckers a second nuclear effortpost, woe betide you when autumn starts acting properly, and we get some lovely lovely weather rather than this terrible, glorious sun.

Cooked liver, mash and onions every week for years when I was a mental health worker, and while I hate the taste of it myself, staff/patients/visitors all seemed to love it :iiam:

**edit

He's got the right line on soft drinks, but where does he stand on salted snacks?

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 2, 2015

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!

Also yeah it astounds me how the english don't seem to realize just how widely they are detested.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DesperateDan posted:

Cooked liver, mash and onions every week for years when I was a mental health worker, and while I hate the taste of it myself, staff/patients/visitors all seemed to love it :iiam:

I got it in hospital once and it was dead nice. Still like it every now and then. Everyone thinks I'm mental for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Green Wing posted:

You know what's better than possibly vaguely regretting compromising all of your beliefs for money?

Not selling out.

• Locked thread