Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ok I warned you guys!!!!!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am now really mad at all 3 of you, now you've done it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fuckin step over the line mate

See what happens

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You are all getting a mean song tonight just a heads up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Will push a turbo on u if this doesn't happen

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Infinitum posted:

Fuckin step over the line mate

See what happens

You. Me. Car park, now. (For privacy when I launch a blistering attack on your character in song)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Infinitum posted:

Will push a turbo on u if this doesn't happen

I legit don't care what happens to me this game but please don't actually lynch tobbs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I legit don't care what happens to me this game but please don't actually lynch tobbs

Gay marriage is currently illegal in Australia, so I don't make any promises about your butt buddy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Stop rolling around and vote quick, god.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Vote Tobbs

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry good friend drowned in pussy juice, he's leaving me no choice ##vote tobbs

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I would rather kill dick tbh

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'd vote tobbs but would prefer to kill dick

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can only assume you guys are trolling me to hear more of my beautiful voice but I will oblige you with the consequences when I get home from work, please read everything I am saying and understand that I do this for the kingdom

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah I don't know why we are voting tobbs other than he said don't

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh! in that case yeah vote tobbs!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is the tobbs voting page.

Anyone not voting tobbs on this page is confirmed scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

THIS IS A SECRET MESSAGE FOR SOMEONE IN THE GAME, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

PLEASE RESPECT OUR BOUNDARIES AND DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS IT IS FOR YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGAeR56cJw

So drowned posts this video and claims it's a message for someone. The thing that immediately seemed out of place to me was the Cubs hat. It reminded me of something from the last Mafia game I played (Ecco's Swan Song game):

Tobbs Gnawed (Eccogame) posted:

A lurky TMM is a scum TMM, especially if you call him out on it and he gets mad when you tell him his excuse is BS.

I bet the Cubs are playing, too.

yes i can

For reals though it's the coming in and not engaging in a content-related way that makes me like 80% sure that the next time you post it's gonna be about how you're too busy to engage because the Cubs are playing.

TMM is also scum not so much because the Cubs are playing tomorrow, but because that's the most important thing he has to say.

In that game, (town) Tobbs was going strong on casing TMM for lurking his way through the game. He was referring to "the Cubs are playing" because of a meta read on TMM, a Cubs fan, wasn't posting game-related content. So the first thing I thought of when I saw drowned's video was that it sounded like a breadcrumb from Tobbs to TMM.

Also in that game, I was on a scumteam where I wasn't told the identity of my main team. The main team communicated their identity to me through a series of breadcrumbs. That ended up being really important for us.

So then, Tobbs followed up the video with:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Don't let Infinitum get under your skin, my love. It was beautiful :)

---

She doesn't understand our love obviously.

He uses the world's least subtle breadcrumb (sorry if that was a big secret but I can't imagine the scumteam in a 23 player game didn't figure it out) to imply that he's lovers with drowned. Assuming that's the case, it means that I was at least partly-right on my original hunch, in that drowned and Tobbs can communicate with each other out of thread.

So, building on that, I threw a vote on TMM to see how drowned and Tobbs would react:

I'm going to jump in and answer this question because I have no impression at all they've barely posted and they had a plausible excuse for being absent the first day or so so I don't really care and now we can get back to why you were willing to throw a vote on my tobbs and then retract it

Drowned softly tries to defend TMM by saying he has a plausible excuse for not voting, which he doesn't (TMM will be skiing next week, not this week)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He's only posted in joke phase. Due to the Ecco game I can't be confident in any read of him.

How do you get a read on someone who's only participated in joke phase anyways?

In that Ecco game, one of Tobbs' strongest reads was that TMM was scum because he was lurking through the game (even though for that one, TMM said before the game started that he wouldn't be around for d1). In this game, even when asked, Tobbs seems hesitant to make a scum call on TMM even though, as he said, TMM hasn't made any attempt to case anyone or play the game yet. At the very least, I'd expect Tobbs say "I think he's scum for not trying to play the game" or something like that.

I was afraid to call it out at first because Drowned/Tobbs trying to message TMM isn't inherently scummy, but I find their hesitance to call him scum to be suspicious.

So yeah, right now I think TMM is the best vote, at least until he makes some in-game calls or something.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ah

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ha

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We're not interested in love triangles with TMM.

I mentioned the Cubs in the Ecco game because it was TMM's excuse in shine.

DIPJ and I are in a confirmed town masonry (since MMT announced the OOT communication aspect already).

Flavor is that we are the prince and princess.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
so why the secret message and cubs hat?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

Lol because I didn't tell him who I was in the doc until people came out saying they wanted to vote me.

I think the hat is a coincidence but you'll have to ask DIPJ, I didn't notice it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright cool I buy that. Vote Dick.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cubs hat is because tobbs insisted in the doc before I knew who he was that blue was my favourite colour

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Cubs hat is because tobbs insisted in the doc before I knew who he was that blue was my favourite colour

Ahhhh such subtleties. I fall in love with you more every day.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
who scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
important question, please only answer if you are town

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ahhhh such subtleties. I fall in love with you more every day.

if you start acting out with other men, I'm just going to handcuff you to the bed at night

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

important question, please only answer if you are town

Woah I'm not going to go into detail but needless to say this is A very sneaky plan you got going on here 😲

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I really think it at least one of dick and omg

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah I could see it, and although it pains me this would mean he does not get killed n1, I will probably go with db today

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I dont dig this tobbs momentum. Will read later after especially since Tobbs' reveal.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so I'm catching up after a long day and as I read the thread:

Somberbrero posted:

i presume there is a point somewhere in here, i hope it's doing okay.

somber he had a valid point and even if you disagree with it to completely disregard it is disingenuous

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why are Tobbs and TMM always under suspicion? Racist against goons whose username start with T?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

so I'm catching up after a long day and as I read the thread:

somber he had a valid point and even if you disagree with it to completely disregard it is disingenuous

explain it then

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm all riled up on moon juice and ready to shout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

explain it then

it is traditional in mafia games to have a nice little joke-around period and Quid really dived for ending that early

I am not saying that Quid is inherently scummy or that Inf is inherently towny but it's valid as far as D1 points are valid IMO

• Locked thread