Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Eugene in IBO has access to a magical borderline indestructable ship and the ability to hook it to his brain.

Yeah, but if control system quality was an actual issue, Amuro wouldn't be able to do half the stuff he does in the Gundam in 0079.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the white base just isn't very maneuverable. no ship in msg is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1792602315075010966?t=XeEAatmtuNyjVwmqo51uBw&s=19

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh my god, the zaku looks even worse....

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
It's not a bad choice, the Zaku and the Aerial (well, the Rebuild) have both done some serious war crimes.

Not sure if the RX-78-2 ever did any though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

It's not a bad choice, the Zaku and the Aerial (well, the Rebuild) have both done some serious war crimes.

Not sure if the RX-78-2 ever did any though.

The RX-78-2's existence is a war crime.

Edit: Also it has Super Napalm which I feel like should qualify.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ImpAtom posted:

The RX-78-2's existence is a war crime,

Now that I think about it, wasn't there an episode where they used a Gunperry on a civilian relief mission under a flag of truce to move the Gundam somewhere? That would be a war crime.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the zaku looks worse than i could have ever imagined

it's beautiful

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

wdarkk posted:

Now that I think about it, wasn't there an episode where they used a Gunperry on a civilian relief mission under a flag of truce to move the Gundam somewhere? That would be a war crime.

Yes. That’s actually in like one of the first 6 episodes or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
CoD got Aerial Gundam before Gundam Evolution

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gundam Evolution can't get Aerial anymore! It can't get anything anymore!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If they had done straight up mecha musume versions of the Gundams as skins that probably would have worked out a lot better and been way more popular.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Someone posted the P-Bandai Llfrith PreProd details page to Twitter, so there's some new info nuggets in there.

Iriscoral
Apr 9, 2023

为人民服务

Gripweed posted:

If they had done straight up mecha musume versions of the Gundams as skins that probably would have worked out a lot better and been way more popular.

Not really. COD is all about the operator-LARP (in service of the SF cult) and mecha-musume just doesn't fit in that demographic well enough.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Iriscoral posted:

Not really. COD is all about the operator-LARP (in service of the SF cult) and mecha-musume just doesn't fit in that demographic well enough.

These days its less "operator-LARP" and more general insanity. One of the latest skins they added was something called Wubz and Friendz. For 4/20 they added Cheech & Chong and its one of the most popular packs right now, you'll see two of three of each in any random multiplayer game. Never mind older stuff like half the characters from The Boys, several different versions of Snoop Dogg, various Dune characters, or older stuff from MW2 like Nicki Minaj, Sergeants Sprinkles and Pspsps, multiple versions of Skeletor and bunny rappers. There are also multiple anime bundles and judging by how often I see the tracer/kill effects for them, those are very popular. Some random Gundam still will hardly be unusual for your average insane nonsense on Shipment or Stash House.

Iriscoral
Apr 9, 2023

为人民服务

fartknocker posted:

These days its less "operator-LARP" and more general insanity. One of the latest skins they added was something called Wubz and Friendz. For 4/20 they added Cheech & Chong and its one of the most popular packs right now, you'll see two of three of each in any random multiplayer game. Never mind older stuff like half the characters from The Boys, several different versions of Snoop Dogg, various Dune characters, or older stuff from MW2 like Nicki Minaj, Sergeants Sprinkles and Pspsps, multiple versions of Skeletor and bunny rappers. There are also multiple anime bundles and judging by how often I see the tracer/kill effects for them, those are very popular. Some random Gundam still will hardly be unusual for your average insane nonsense on Shipment or Stash House.
My bad, what I meant is a bit different. Demographic was the wrong word; the mecha musume concept in itself just doesn't fit with COD. (I'm sorry for the upcoming effortpost but as you can see from my avatar I'm really obsessed with mecha-musume)

At the end of a day COD is still about playing a guy with a ridiculously modded gun. That you can wear some crazy rear end outfit is par for the course these days, but mecha-musume (and other forms of military vehicle anthormorphication)) isn't just about cosplay, its more about visualizing a combination of human + machine in one concept. In other words, the girl just can't look like the mech, but has to play and act like the mech itself. If you look at official material like the Armor Girls Project Full Armor ZZ/Unicorn, for instance:

you basically see the whole idea of humanized machinery in these figures. You can't really get that in COD - it doesn't really let you be Aerial by playing like a mech, let alone do all the poo poo she does with her GUND-bits. Its not really mecha-musume.

But anyways yeah Gundam doesn't really stand out from all the poo poo COD's been stuffing into itself these days.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Unicorn-chan kinda makes the Destroy mode work.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Someone posted the P-Bandai Llfrith PreProd details page to Twitter, so there's some new info nuggets in there.

theyre still going with the Cathedra propaganda I see.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

She's the White Base's helmswoman. It's entirely the writers' choice whether or not she gets to pull off sicknasty cruiser stunts, as Eugene in IBO regularly demonstrates.

Mirai got a few cool stunts, including a kill using the ship's engines. It's not Eugene levels of crazy, but she has her moments.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

she spins the wheel hell yea

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Mirai is cool but she's no Steer

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, who is?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Mirai got a few cool stunts, including a kill using the ship's engines. It's not Eugene levels of crazy, but she has her moments.

I loved that moment a lot, I feel like she got more moments early and the middle of the show and then kinda faded into the background in the last section while still being shown as one of the reasons that White Base was so successful.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like when she's reading the captain's user manual while steering the ship and Bright is in the infirmary watching on the TV screen and screaming inside.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

I like when she's reading the captain's user manual while steering the ship and Bright is in the infirmary watching on the TV screen and screaming inside.

I love in Seed whenever captain Murrue yells “evade” because it always just means: “oh poo poo, too late. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.”

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

I love in Seed whenever captain Murrue yells “evade” because it always just means: “oh poo poo, too late. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.”

Nah, they actually manage to evade sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20cJcQ106Ak

Also the time it does a loving barrel roll to shoot the mech trying to attack from a blind spot

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

wdarkk posted:

Yeah that's one of my favorite episodes. The Zeon guys are completely happy to truce and help out the civilians, and Amuro has to shoot them when they're going to blow his cover by being too nice and helpful and friendly to the refugees

chrome line fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 22, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/FunkoPOPsNews/status/1792980753174896693?t=jkk830xArhO1_p5otL6SzA&s=19

First it was COD, now it's Funko POPs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
A Gundam with a squished body and oversized head? That's stupid.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

See this annoys me even more cause Bandai Namco already has a figure department that can do good SD figures so why even bother with Funko Pops

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
It reminds me a bit of the recent Gunpla-kun model kit. I kinda want that now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SatoshiMiwa posted:

See this annoys me even more cause Bandai Namco already has a figure department that can do good SD figures so why even bother with Funko Pops

Funko has distribution deals with tons of major retailers and untold numbers of specialty shops. The Gundam Funko will be sold in probably like 10 times more stores in North America than any other single Gundam product before.

Funko collectors are also, still, bafflingly, a thing that exists. So they can sell these to Funko people who would probably never buy a Gundam Converge figure.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The free market efficiently ensures we receive only the best goods at the lowest cost

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

The free market efficiently ensures we receive only the best goods at the lowest cost

By that logic the Funko should be a GM

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Judging by the #GundamWing, these are aimed at people who vaguely remember watching Wing and G on Toonami as kids.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://x.com/sandman_AP/status/1793118735680913872?t=cgUIVhaM0ZzugL9lNZJj8Q

https://x.com/torushome/status/1793117084354072797

Whelp....gently caress Furuya. That just really awful and really sucks

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well, poo poo.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm not sure if the "violated" part is meant to come from him admitting he hit her during an argument or what.

https://twitter.com/ToastCrust/status/1793127756211122635

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given he admitted to some awful stuff and the Johnny's agency scandal I suspect either he retires quickly or gets fired quickly.