Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Nation posted:

I am shopping on Saturday where can i get a taste?

I'm on Gallowtree gate (I think)

My stall is facing an EE shop and behind that, there's another EE shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Off to this thing this weekend in Cornwall: http://www.rockoysterfestival.co.uk/

Hoping the traffic to Cornwall won't be mental, the weather stays dry, and there is a stall serving sausages.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Excellent :)

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Nation posted:

Excellent :)

Don't forget your fedora and MLP tee shirt.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Hey Pedricko are you going to be in Coventry or Brum at any point in the future?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

StorrowS posted:

Off to this thing this weekend in Cornwall: http://www.rockoysterfestival.co.uk/

Hoping the traffic to Cornwall won't be mental, the weather stays dry, and there is a stall serving sausages.

The bit in bold is most hilarious. It's ALWAYS loving awful. It's bad enough when the traffic is flowing normally, that point where the dual carriageway filters down to one lane is a loving nightmare, we were sat for like 45 minutes in that last time. Pray to god no bellends in their lovely VW campers are on the way as those things break down like clockwork whenever they get a sniff of a hill.

What I'm saying is, GO EARLY AS gently caress.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Pedricko upload your future schedule for everyone to look at

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Phoon posted:

Pedricko upload your future schedule for everyone to look at

If I knew what it was, I would. There's about six of us sausagemen so it all depends on who wants to go where.

Which is why you'll never see me in Bristol.

As for Birmingham, I'm at the NEC pretty often.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Pedricko posted:

If I knew what it was, I would. There's about six of us sausagemen so it all depends on who wants to go where.

Come to London and I'll buy a mix bag, I promise.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

tentish klown posted:

Come to London and I'll buy a mix bag, I promise.

London shows are typically earlier in the year. I did 23 straight days at Earls Court and got told off by locals for having a regional accent.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

88h88 posted:

The bit in bold is most hilarious. It's ALWAYS loving awful. It's bad enough when the traffic is flowing normally, that point where the dual carriageway filters down to one lane is a loving nightmare, we were sat for like 45 minutes in that last time. Pray to god no bellends in their lovely VW campers are on the way as those things break down like clockwork whenever they get a sniff of a hill.

Hoping to leave work at 1430, and head down that way from Southampton ASAP. Fingers crossed that's early enough. Also it seems School Holidays start this weekend? Which won't help.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

88h88 posted:

Could be worse, that bastard of a road is my commute.

Funny as gently caress as long as you're going the other way though.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pedricko posted:

Get to loving Bristol already :mad:

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

Get to loving Bristol already :mad:

I was supposed to be in Bristol this weekend but it fell through, I think there's chance it might be next week instead.

Bristol lads are the reason I no longer go out in manchester on weekend nights.

LAAAAADDDSSS ON TOURRRRR

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pedricko posted:

I was supposed to be in Bristol this weekend but it fell through, I think there's chance it might be next week instead.

Bristol lads are the reason I no longer go out in manchester on weekend nights.

LAAAAADDDSSS ON TOURRRRR

Maybe we could do a deal where you stop sending Manc lads down here then

(stag dos are shits everywhere)

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

Maybe we could do a deal where you stop sending Manc lads down here then

(stag dos are shits everywhere)

I can guarantee that every Manc lad out in Bristol is actually from Cheshire

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
quick question. do the new travel rules to the US where you need to demonstrate that an electronic device can turn on count for sexual aids and or my friend's yoda fleshlight

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i fail to see how it could be otherwise

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

concerned mom posted:

quick question. do the new travel rules to the US where you need to demonstrate that an electronic device can turn on count for sexual aids and or "my friend's" yoda fleshlight

Aids is a virus which is biological rather than electronic so you should be fine

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
tell "your friend" that that doesn't make him a member of the mile high club so he might as well stow it

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
On the bus this morning I saw some guy pick something up and stash it away and he got really antsy when he saw me looking at him, and got off on the next stop.

About 15 minutes later the driver got a call through about a missing purse.

I could have said something to him or got him to hand it in or something. Now some poor woman is missing her p-purse. :smith:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

88h88 posted:

I'm hoping to improve your railway service cos I was sat at loving Par station yesterday for TWO HOURS waiting for a train to Newquay.

There's not even a pub.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Bozza posted:

I'm hoping to improve your railway service cos I was sat at loving Par station yesterday for TWO HOURS waiting for a train to Newquay.

There's not even a pub.

Also why the gently caress does it take >6hrs on the train from Southampton to Newquay, that's longer than driving, including all the lovely traffic.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Because the east west train lines in this country have been systematically neglected, no? They're all old holiday lines, and all redevelopment has been north south on commuting to London lines.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

StorrowS posted:

Also why the gently caress does it take >6hrs on the train from Southampton to Newquay, that's longer than driving, including all the lovely traffic.

The service in this part of the world is utterly poo poo. The signal boxes got gutted in the 80s and 90s so there's gently caress all capacity, the track is neglected so there's speed restrictions everywhere and most of connections are non-existent. Par box was built in 1870 for fucks sale, this is not how you run a main line.

Network Rail are dropping £104m to bring it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. Design starts basically next week.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I was surprised last time I got a train from Barnstaple that the train had thick black diesel smoke pouring out of what looked like an electric train anywhere else in the country

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Dublin is expensive goons.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Dugong posted:

They fuckin love salami though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Fingerless Gloves posted:

On the bus this morning I saw some guy pick something up and stash it away and he got really antsy when he saw me looking at him, and got off on the next stop.

About 15 minutes later the driver got a call through about a missing purse.

I could have said something to him or got him to hand it in or something. Now some poor woman is missing her p-purse. :smith:

You gave her a description of the guy and your contact details... Right?

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Dugong posted:

Try Dingle.

I'm still reeling from what I paid for a meal over there five years ago

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

Ratjaculation posted:

You gave her a description of the guy and your contact details... Right?

No, she left the purse behind on the bus, but I passed my number to the driver if he needs something a bit more than just 'it was probably this guy and he got on the bus here, get that cctv footage'.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's the weekend, I should probably do something fun. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I'm going for a 20 mile bike ride Sunday with some cycle club dorks. Them in their full lycra, helmets, and clipless pedals on their £4k bikes and me on my 'cheap' road bike in baggy shorts, no helmet and riding flat pedals. gently caress the system.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

It's the weekend, I should probably do something fun. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I'm going for a 20 mile bike ride Sunday with some cycle club dorks. Them in their full lycra, helmets, and clipless pedals on their £4k bikes and me on my 'cheap' road bike in baggy shorts, no helmet and riding flat pedals. gently caress the system.

#bloodycyclists

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Trust, they annoy me as much as they annoy anyone in a car.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

88h88 posted:

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

no

it was supposed to be a celebratory bender thing for a buddy who finished his weird "talking to patients exam" resits but this appears to have fallen through at short notice

london goonmeet???

also lycra-cyclists are on a par with lycra-joggers in letting their fetishes take over their exercise regimen

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
If I were ever to take up cycling, it'd be in normal clothes, on a 2nd hand bike and after a few drinks. Like they do in Amsterdam. gently caress cycling helmets.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

scalded schlong posted:

London goonmeet???

I'd come out, on the understanding that this involves nothing more than wandering between pubs and drinking heavily.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I'm taking the missus to see the room at the prince Charles cinema then doing an education workshop on the First World War so not really anything fun

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

lenoon posted:

I'm taking the missus to see the room at the prince Charles cinema then doing an education workshop on the First World War so not really anything fun

If you're not spending the weekend alternating between being shitfaced drunk and miserably hungover, you're doing it wrong :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
just reviewed my last 3 posts & would like to reassure everyone that I'm not an alchoholic or anything. Cheers!

• Locked thread