Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would like eight $31 sandwiches pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good ol' Skip Sandwiches.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Woah

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

itskage posted:

He basically knows that because he moved this way and that way on his walk over to the fight, and then hit B 20 times at the start of the fight, that the enemy will roll a miss and he will roll a crit, then if he hits B 5 more times he'll get another crit, etc.

Basically one they figured it out they probably used some kind of debugger to track the values, and then they just memorize what to do.

:psyduck:

that sounds cool. I liked the little bit of Earthboudn I played but hated the gameplay part, wonder if it's easy to reproduce this glitch on a casual basis

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Abu Dave posted:

that sounds cool. I liked the little bit of Earthboudn I played but hated the gameplay part, wonder if it's easy to reproduce this glitch on a casual basis

It's more reliant on just keeping track of a lot of different factors within the game. I can't believe he can do this without a notebook listing all the patterns he has to remember in front of him.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
The Drunk Hotel Song is the best

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Abu Dave posted:

The RNG manipulation really isn't even a glitch. It's just a byproduct of the RNG always returning to the same predictable amount one a reset, coupled with the heavy amounts of testing they did to figure out the movements/presses for the best possible quick outcome. Anyone should be able to duplicate it with that knowledge and practice.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

SWMadness posted:

It's more reliant on just keeping track of a lot of different factors within the game. I can't believe he can do this without a notebook listing all the patterns he has to remember in front of him.

He does have a binder of notes in front of him.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SWMadness posted:

He mentioned he does in fact have a binder of notes in front of him :ssh:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

SWMadness posted:

He said he had a binder with everything in it in front of him.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

He does have a binder of notes in front of him.

Oh poo poo, didn't notice that, you can't see it on the video from what I can tell. :shobon:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope they name the player Iwata

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Abu Dave posted:

There are much easier ways to trivialize the combat of a snes rpg

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

SWMadness posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm watching on my phone and I didn't see it in that little window. My bad. :shobon:

No problem, it's off camera anyway so you wouldn't see it either way.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

There should be a requirement that whenever they talk about how awesome the music is that they not immediately talk over it.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

There are much easier ways to trivialize the combat of a snes rpg

None of which are speedy though.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

The problem with trying to do it for casual play is that you'd basically need a guide to follow for each thing you wanted to do.

If you just wanted to play the game to explore the world and get the story, without dealing with the tedious combat, you are probably better off using a game genie or emulator with game genie like support. Then you just plop in some infinite heath codes or whatever and you're all set.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah for some reason I totally forgot about emulators. :shrug:

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

The Winters music is just so good.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
It's Salsa! LOVE that monkey!

Fake Edit: I know, it isn't really Salsa, but I can dream, guys.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

SWMadness posted:

None of which are speedy though.

I figured he'd want to actually play the game, instead of meticulously keeping track of all of this nonsense, while actually talking to NPC's, etc. But whatever.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

The Winters music is just so good.

I love all the music in this game. Even the weird rear end battle songs. :allears:

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

I figured he'd want to actually play the game, instead of meticulously keeping track of all of this nonsense, while actually talking to NPC's, etc. But whatever.

Yeah, my bad I misunderstood the conversation.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mad duck hype

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
:ducksiren:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

I never knew where this came from, but now I know.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

if you say "no problem here" enough times it becomes true

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zorglorfian posted:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Zorglorfian posted:

Leavemywife's Earthbound LP was a goldmine of Mad Duck shenanigans.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Putting this guy with a speech impediment in front of the twitch chat is something else. Gotta say it's a little distracting, what with the amount of manipulation going on at a given moment.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Icept posted:

Putting this guy with a speech impediment in front of the twitch chat is something else. Gotta say it's a little distracting, what with the amount of manipulation going on at a given moment.

What speech impediment? All sounds good on my end.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Zorglorfian posted:

What speech impediment? All sounds good on my end.

Caleb seems to say things wike wittle and gwitchwess, but it doesn't really bother me enough to have pointed it out myself.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
This is probably the best drat cutscene in an rpg ever

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

UberJew posted:

This is probably the best drat cutscene in an rpg ever

But zombie paper

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Jesus christ, I just looked it up, and the record for that single-segment category he mentioned is just under four hours long. :ohdear:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Moon walking time.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Oh, they found a different way to do the OOB glitch without another save file.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Oh my god these out of bounds tricks :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Looks like it is the 2 file save glitch.

• Locked thread