Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Okay, I know this isn't the Origin Complaining Megathread or anything, but man... it really is bad. I was just sorta assuming the reports were exaggerated, but I just had it crash for the umpteenth time while downloading. One of the times was while I was trying to buy 800 funbucks or whatever the poo poo. My account was charged, yet I got no order receipt or points. Awesome!

Now customer service is being bitchy at me because I never got an order receipt. They keep asking for the card number over and over and over again, but I didn't use a card, I used PayPal. What a pain in the rear end. I just want to play the drat game.

Well at least it gives me time to fuss over which ME2 save to import.

EDIT: And customer service just told me I'm pretty much hosed if I never got an order number. So they charged me, yet the order completely failed on their end to give me so much as a record or a reference number. "Take it up with PayPal*click*" is not exactly the response I was hoping for to this dilemma.

TerminalBlue fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
drat it!
I played through ME1 and ME2 on the xbox, but I decided to start with a clean character on the PC version of ME3.
Importing saves seemed a bit different from how I played the first 2.

However - I'm 4hrs in and I've just realised that Wrex is dead!
Nooooo.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Charlie Brown posted:

drat it!
I played through ME1 and ME2 on the xbox, but I decided to start with a clean character on the PC version of ME3.

Nooooo.

Just use the Gibbed editor to make a save where Wrex is alive.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Charlie Brown posted:

drat it!

Nooooo.

Unfortunately that was the default choice for ME2. I had to restart my main character when I got ME2 because of that little factor.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Hot dang. Ok, finally after scouring the net for this image I've found it...and...oddly I'm leaning towards my current shep being all about the alien ladies. Seriously, HUGE spoiler, don't even mouse over it if you don't want to know about the famous internet waifu.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2n6zrso.jpg Seriously, a no joke portrait of Tali

EDIT: Fixed it.

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 6, 2012

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Arkitektbmw posted:

Hot dang. Ok, finally after scouring the net for this image I've found it...and...oddly I'm leaning towards my current shep being all about the alien ladies. Seriously, HUGE spoiler, don't even mouse over it if you don't want to know about the famous internet waifu.

ttp://i43.tinypic.com/2n6zrso.jpg Seriously, a no joke portrait of Tali

"This page cannot be displayed"

E: vv Ah, thanks. Haha I was hoping they'd make her ugly or just average looking. Then again. :bioware:

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 6, 2012

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Tali lovers will be ever happy.

EDIT: He hosed up the [url]http://[/url] at the start of the link.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
For all of those people mad about the lack of pad support: Have you tried joy2key?

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Tricky posted:

The only other thing I can think of is that I did both the Turian rescue and the bomb diffusal mission back to back. How long did you wait for the second part?

Sorry took me so long, was wrapping that level up. Favorite level in any game I've ever played. That intro sequence was amazing, on par with the Cartographer opening sequence in Halo 1.

Anyway did not do them both back to back. I did atleast a couple of secondary missions before doing the diffusal mission. Haven't done Shroud yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

WMain00 posted:

Tali lovers will be ever happy.

EDIT: He hosed up the [url]http://[/url] at the start of the link.

Unless they accidentally sent her into the vents. How could I know that it would kill her in my first playthrough of ME2.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
:staredog: Grunt :staredog:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TerminalBlue posted:

Okay, I know this isn't the Origin Complaining Megathread or anything, but man... it really is bad. I was just sorta assuming the reports were exaggerated, but I just had it crash for the umpteenth time while downloading. One of the times was while I was trying to buy 800 funbucks or whatever the poo poo. My account was charged, yet I got no order receipt or points. Awesome!

Now customer service is being bitchy at me because I never got an order receipt. They keep asking for the card number over and over and over again, but I didn't use a card, I used PayPal. What a pain in the rear end. I just want to play the drat game.

Well at least it gives me time to fuss over which ME2 save to import.

Origin completely turned me off of playing ME3 for PC. You just have to put up with too much bullshit. I bought TOR on Origin and didn't get my email receipt until over a month later.

I was a bit concerned about the lack of hotkeys on the 360 version but the Kinect really makes up for it. It makes controlling your teammates so much better. And it's pretty cool to just using voice commands for the dialog sequences.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
So I got a question about this new scanning thing. How the gently caress does it work? I've tried it a bunch of times, but didn't found anything.

Also, can someone (with a minimal amount of spoilers) tell me where to find the DLC character? Perhaps just by pointing me in the direction of the correct system/planet?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Rirse posted:

Unless they accidentally sent her into the vents. How could I know that it would kill her in my first playthrough of ME2.

You mean Tali? I sent her into the vents and she lived for me.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Rirse posted:

But.. Tali is a valid vent choice?

Tali, Legion and I think Kasumi can survive the vents.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
^^^^^As long as she is loyal.

There are two parts to the scanning. The pulse will reveal any war assets nearby and then you have to go collect them. In open space, it most often reveals a derelict ship that can refuel you. Around planets you may get ruins, artifacts, or resources. Just keep trying it near every planet/asteroid belt you can. You only need to scan each area once.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
To any folks still having issues with the game not launching after installing on the PC (pick "launch game" a few seconds go by and nothing happens), I went ahead and did the repair install option, took about ten minutes and installed an update, then I was able to launch the game through the desktop shortcut. So yeah, make sure the game is up to date, cause Origin doesn't do that for you or even say "hey, there's an update" like other services.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Just beat Mass Effect 3, the journey to get to the end is amazingly fun and well done. The ending though ends up being an absolute troll and gently caress you to the players. Won't say much more than that. Just want to stress though that this in no way hurts ME3, this is still one of the best games i've played this generation. Bioware really went all out on this one.

What's the point in finishing it now then? Thanks a lot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShineDog posted:

But.. Tali is a valid vent choice?

Tali, Legion and I think Kasumi can survive the vents.

Oh, I think the fire line choice was the wrong one then. I just remember that run had Tali and Zaeeed dying.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Read through the topic, and I have a few questions :

Spoilered where I think is appropriate, if any are improper then please let me know.

1) I don't see any plot flags in gibbeds for if you choose to become reinstated as a spectre. Am I missing it - is it one of those garbled mission reward variables?

2) I also don't see any flags or such for the promotional content stuff from ME2 like the Dr Pepper poo poo. I know that stuff is on my EA / bioware account, but I'm using a save from masseffectsaves (thank you for the site, by the way) so does that stuff come back in ME3 solely based on account linkage or savegame verification of account linkage?

3) Regarding endings of Mass effect 2 and possible ramifications into ME3 -

What are the big things affected if you keep or destroy the reaper base?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Question for all the guys who have beaten the game already:

What's the point of beating it as quick as possible? I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to explore all the different side quests and stuff.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

General Battuta posted:

Just use the Gibbed editor to make a save where Wrex is alive.

Yeah, I had a look at that, but I really don't want to start all over again. 4hrs!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Lawlicaust posted:

vvvv - The worst part about this character creator (which can be said about several other character creators) is that you really can't tell what your character is actually going to look like. The creator is much darker than most normal settings and the angles really don't allow you to see some features properly. I had to restart and remake my face because my features didn't turn out right (because I couldn't see jaw/cheek depth properly even when turning it to the side).

Yeah, I gave a kinda rough complexion to my Shepard (which I also had to recreate from scratch because the importer made a caricature), since she's a relatively older and rougher character, but in the very first cutscene, with all those bright cold lights, she looked like she'd just recovered from five years of chemotherapy.

That one was pretty much the worst case though; it got a lot better in different lights. And I kinda liked the thought that all the Collector and Reaper poo poo she went through had ended up making her look ten years older.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Just gonna repeat this question as it seems pretty important gameplay-wise, does anyone have any functioning hotkeys in the Galaxy Map other than esc?

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I keep getting stuck on the flooring next to Jokers Seat

EDI is pissing me off.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Engineer owns so much in the early game. I literally never get shot. Importing a level 30 character probably helped a little, too. I have no idea how to spec my side-kicks but it seems like Reave can explode Singularity now? Maybe it's just the animation that happens when someone gets hit with Reave that makes it appear that way...

General Battuta posted:

Just gonna repeat this question as it seems pretty important gameplay-wise, does anyone have any functioning hotkeys in the Galaxy Map other than esc?

Alt + F4? ;)

Charlie Brown posted:

Nooooo.
This is the cannon choice from Virmire.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 6, 2012

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Seems 2 out of 3 missions for Aria are broken for me. :(

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Charlie Mopps posted:

Seems 2 out of 3 missions for Aria are broken for me. :(

I finished two of them, and am utterly stuck on the third. No clue where to go to continue things. That's my biggest complaint about the game so far, the quest logs are too vague.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Did anyone else have a problem with NPC's negotiating terrain? I managed to get Kaiden stuck behind a door because he didn't follow me through it and I couldn't re-open it and Liara couldn't get off the vehicle lift on Mars.

Do NPC's not teleport to your location if they get stuck in ME3?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

This is the cannon choice from Virmire.

It's spelled 'canon', this drives me up a wall.

Refyougee
Jun 20, 2008

Fuck who you are. You have a greater responsibility - to ensure that what you do does not result in the promotion of division, willful ignorance, and suffering.
Every time I go to to do the DLC mission, the game always CTD during the loading screen right before landing. Anyone else have this problem?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

tadashi posted:

Engineer owns so much in the early game. I literally never get shot. Importing a level 30 character probably helped a little, too. I have no idea how to spec my side-kicks but it seems like Reave can explode Singularity now? Maybe it's just the animation that happens when someone gets hit with Reave that makes it appear that way...

Engineers are so awesome, there's so many ways you can go with it. I have to try the drone bonus thing in Tech Mastery sometime so I can have badass turrets. I pretty much roll with Cryo Blast and Incinerate most of the time though.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is the inferno armor any good? I almost have enough money for it.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

General Battuta posted:

There's a thread just for that

So I take it the flight mechanic is still in the game? Like, Mass Relays don't take up fuel, but flying to another system does?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

General Battuta posted:

With the sniper rifle I had Ashley using, 'cannon' seems more appropriate :golgo:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Having played ME3 for 2 hours so far, I stumbled upon this:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/06/mass-effect-3-war-assets-and-readiness-how-multiplayer-affects-your-ending/

I hate multiplayer/socializing, so my question is: can I get the best ending playing only singleplayer?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Smelly posted:

There's a thread just for that

So I take it the flight mechanic is still in the game? Like, Mass Relays don't take up fuel, but flying to another system does?

Possible super plot/gameplay spoiler:

There is supposed to be an achievement that involves beating a Reaver in a race across a system. I cannot wait to see what this involves.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

keyframe posted:

Is the inferno armor any good? I almost have enough money for it.

Inferno Armor is +30% to power damage and cooldown reduction. With a light loadout, I'm not sure how useful the cooldown reduction is, so I went with Blood Dragon, which gives power damage and shields.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

tadashi posted:

Possible super plot/gameplay spoiler:

There is supposed to be an achievement that involves beating a Reaver in a race across a system. I cannot wait to see what this involves.

That's pretty neat, I wonder if it is a literal achievement or just a "plot" achievement.

Like If beating the Reaper across the galaxy is part of the end game component and you get it no matter what, or if it's some strange side mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

tadashi posted:

Its not as interesting as it sounds and is really pretty easy.

• Locked thread