Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

DemonMage posted:

From the guide I linked before:

recommended Heroes:
Master Mage
Old Curse
Phoenix
Pilot
Poisoned One

Bookmarked. Thanks! Yeah, only have Phoenix out of that set, going to be a bit before I can really take that one on. I should be okay on Raged Blood and Burning Phoenix, hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'm seriously regretting making Phoenix my first crusade purchase. It's really good, but not so much for crusades, and since crusades are the major currency maker for me right now (level 36 or so), that's what I want to focus on. Getting Commando next. Hope that works out well. My current Crusade A-Team is Chaplain, Cleric, Brute, Beginning Archer Lady and The fifth usually rotates depending on damage. I usually start with Psychopath right now for those sweet buffs and AoEs.

Phoenix is far better than Cleric most of the time at this point. I use phoenix a lot. Don't forget you can rent heroes from your guild. I rent heroes for nearly everything.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So just opened my 2 day golden chest and got the Professional Killer. Seeing as how my luck in these types of games is terrible, I'm guessing he sucks. Should I at least replace my lightning master with him? I'm lvl 32 atm.

Also, just got cleric, is he a better tank than admiral at my level? I'm about to start crusade for the first time.

HotBobaloo fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 11, 2015

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Echophonic posted:

Bookmarked. Thanks! Yeah, only have Phoenix out of that set, going to be a bit before I can really take that one on. I should be okay on Raged Blood and Burning Phoenix, hopefully.

You can try with just Phoenix, I was able to beat that first difficulty outland with Phoenix and any other hero I had with an aura (leaves, commando, war chief).

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

HotBobaloo posted:

So just opened my 2 day golden chest and got the Professional Killer. Seeing as how my luck in these types of games is terrible, I'm guessing he sucks. Should I at least replace my lightning master with him? I'm lvl 32 atm.

Also, just got cleric, is he a better tank than admiral at my level? I'm about to start crusade for the first time.

Cleric is a great early tank for Crusades since he can heal and shield himself. Much better than Admiral in my opinion. He is vulnerable to getting stunlocked though - if he can't cast his skills he can go down quick. If you just pay attention and retreat if that happens, he works well.

Professional Killer isn't the best, but he is probably better than Lightning Master at your level (LM sucks in general). I haven't used him myself though so maybe I'm wrong.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I recently found out that VIP 10 gets to run Crusade 2x a day.

Problem is, VIP 10 requires 10,000 diamonds. The $100 bundle only gives 3,000 towards that amount :gonk: Yikes.

EDIT Also, VIP 14 (which requires 80,000 diamonds) seems to let you place 4 heroes in the mercenary hall. And now I am realizing multiple people have 4 heroes in Allstars' mercenary hall. Double yikes.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 12, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

DontMindMe posted:

I recently found out that VIP 10 gets to run Crusade 2x a day.

Problem is, VIP 10 requires 10,000 diamonds. The $100 bundle only gives 3,000 towards that amount :gonk: Yikes.

EDIT Also, VIP 14 (which requires 80,000 diamonds) seems to let you place 4 heroes in the mercenary hall. And now I am realizing multiple people have 4 heroes in Allstars' mercenary hall. Double yikes.

I've whaled out on f2p games before (there are a couple I've spent 100-200+), but how the hell do you justify spending several thousand on a f2p mobile game? Goddamn.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Professional Killer is solid early on as his ult and being a 3 star hero lets him stay alive much longer than anything else in your back row. You'll want to replace him by the time you're ready to start promoting heroes to purple. Lightning master peaks in the high 40's/low 50's because he can promote to purple around 48 which gives him a large magic attack passive.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Jimbosaurus posted:

Games seems pretty neat enough, but holy hell is it blatantly taking skins from Dota

That's my favorite thing about this game, I love it. Get to goof off with Jakiro and Drow Ranger and Priestess of the Moon/Mirana.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Jimbosaurus posted:

I just d/l this and started playing a bit. I switched over to the server, but not before playing an bit and then being told when I switch I would have to start over...well gently caress. Games seems pretty neat enough, but holy hell is it blatantly taking skins from Dota/Warcraft.

These are a modified skins. You should see the earlier versions of the game.

EDIT:

Or the non-English version.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 12, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
At what point do you usually choose to level up a hero? I'm assuming a hero with all the gear from the previous level would be stronger than a fresh hero of the next level with no gear.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

RosaParksOfDip posted:

At what point do you usually choose to level up a hero? I'm assuming a hero with all the gear from the previous level would be stronger than a fresh hero of the next level with no gear.

Until purple? Always the level you can. After? You might want to skip a tier if your current tier has some really primo defensive items, like Kreln Leaf, Bag of Holding or Pipe. Those items enchant extremely well, and the spike stat gain is often better than well-rounded gains from new pieces of gear.

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 12, 2015

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The guild's now capped out at 50 people. I don't know what we want to do for new goons: start another guild (which would be rough until you got enough people), boot people out of the guild after a certain amount of inactivity. Maybe make sure everyone is a goon? I dunno. It's up to Root (Niton?) and Ez, I'm fine with whatever -- obviously people staying active is pretty important.

Also should be 5 starring phoenix and windrunner tomorrow. Not the best heroes to 5 star after Commando but gently caress it. Mystic and Rifleman next!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
So I'm at the point I can choose hard crusades but I haven't because I'm a pussy. I assume at some point the hard money for only beating a part of it becomes better than the normal money for all 15 stages, but when is that, and what heroes would be best for hard crusade? right now on normal I roll with cleric, lightning elemental, wandering spearman, and chaplain and commando being the subs I swap out if I want to charge up something like phoenix for later or need to burn something down. I am gonna pick up mystic from crusades redeem next because I heard mention of how good he is for hard last page.

http://imgur.com/a/uFMFh

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
You can drop down from Hard to Normal. Hard gives 2x all drops from any stage, gold hero pieces, item pieces, everything. It's also not that much harder than Normal, just works better with different team setups. The later stages are worth more money base, so the break even point is probably about 3/4th of the way through for gold. It's worth trying to get in the habit of doing Hard though, and picking your heroes based on Hard.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I kind of feel like War Chief is my linchpin to hard crusade clears. That lifesteal aura is incredibly strong for that. And for everything else, really.

I don't know if I'd recommend Mystic if you can't purple him, but you're really close, so it's a moot point and will probably take time to collect anyway. His +magic aura is very nice, especially combined with his energy boosting ability.

Don't be afraid to spend some coins to refresh, either. Getting good heroes and starring Commando is how you get more crusade points by making sure you clear it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Mystic's super good skills are actually his Green and Blue ones. +energy and AE blind. Though the purple is hardly bad the other two work to boost any team type.

War Chief is sold in PvE in general, but it's second or third string for me in Crusade. Iron Hoof's team shield is super nice for Hard and Frost Mage's armor buff on Death Mage is fantastic. Of course if you're not lucky enough to own Death Mage or have access to Fier's that doesn't work quite as well until you're 60 and can grind it out in Grand Crusade. Looking forward to that. Don't care if Cloud Walker is objectively better.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 12, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll have to spend some points on his blind then. I have to spend some points on everyone, though. Hard Crusade is still not enough money, basically.

On that note, would people prefer I have Death Mage up over War Chief? People seem to hire Cloud Walker, so I'd probably leave him.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 12, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
so at level 49 with no ~purpz~ should I just stick to normal crusades?

skills cost so much money :qq:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Echophonic posted:

On that note, would people prefer I have Death Mage up over War Chief? People seem to hire Cloud Walker, so I'd probably leave him.

Yes. War Chief is pretty easily farmable, Death Mage is not. And Death Mage is super useful in Crusade and they're both listed in 2 of the strategies for Outland portals so about even for places you'd want to hire them.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To all goons please add the "SA" to your in game names. I'll be booting a bunch of pubbies if we really need space.

Edit: Apparently a name change after the first costs diamonds so name changes are optional.

Jimbosaurus posted:

I just d/l this and started playing a bit. I switched over to the server, but not before playing an bit and then being told when I switch I would have to start over...well gently caress. Games seems pretty neat enough, but holy hell is it blatantly taking skins from Dota/Warcraft.

Dota clones are the new PAD/ Clash of Clans of this year. The thing that makes this game stand out is that they know they are ripping Dota and have started to move away from it.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 12, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
100 gems to change name, hmm have to wait until I have that many then!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

padijun posted:

so at level 49 with no ~purpz~ should I just stick to normal crusades?

skills cost so much money :qq:

You ain't seen nothing yet. Most purple skills cost 20k gold to start with.

Worst case you try hard mode for a day and see how it goes?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Roid666 posted:

100 gems to change name, hmm have to wait until I have that many then!

They aren't free? Well gonna amend my post then.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

EzEight posted:

They aren't free? Well gonna amend my post then.

Think there is a cool-down of several days too.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Mystic and Chaplain are must haves for hard mode because you're basically just missing that HP/energy boost between rounds since I don't think the fights themselves are necessarily harder. Those two heroes as well as a few backup heroes should let you clear it if you pay attention and aren't afraid of resetting rounds until you get a favorable outcome.

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
Finally got my own death knight. 1 hard crusade later I get succubus, yay? She doesn't seem too impressive but I do see her on a lot of arena/cave teams.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

dontaht posted:

Finally got my own death knight. 1 hard crusade later I get succubus, yay? She doesn't seem too impressive but I do see her on a lot of arena/cave teams.

She's pretty solid early on (I got her with my first chest pull) and has a good magic ultimate, but she's definitely starting to fall off for me at 56. She doesn't have the HP to really stand up to big AoE stuff.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah she's like Phoenix, if you let her get her Ultimate off she's pretty devastating, but she's fairly flimsy. She also has a teleport attack that you can't control that can potentially let her avoid ultimates though, which can be irritating to fight against.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I know at 46 I really hate seeing succubus. I try to avoid fighting teams with her unless it is in the crusade and I can just burst her down with all my ults. Her DoT and ult both do insane damage.

EDIT: Who should I focus first with my guild coins? I just started getting them from raids and have not spent any yet.

This is what I have so far

Leveled:
Vengeance Spirit
Wind Master
Shadowleaf
Commando
Mystic
Death Mage
Cleric
Chaplain
Brute
Ember Blade
Frost Mage
Admiral

Untouched/Underleveled:
Lightning Master
Emberstar
Shadow Shaman
Shallows Keeper
Vanguard Warrior
Lightning Spirit

I mostly use VS/Shadow/Commando/Mystic/DM/Cleric, with Chaplain for Crusade. Is there a better team I could be using out of what I have, and who would be the most useful from guild coins?

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 12, 2015

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Lunar Guardian is good pre-73, Arcane Sapper is good post-73, and supposedly Disease Bringer is pretty good but I don't know when he gets good.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
Just applied to guild as DigDoug. This is my second account because I didn't realize it made you reset when you switched servers. :sweatdrop:

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I started out with this yesterday. I got Lightning Elemental for my first chest and I am lvl 26 so far.

I bought some gems and the monthly gem pack, is it worth dropping some gems on stamina to reach lvl 32 so I get crusades and guild access?

From what I understand from the thread that should help solve the gold issues I have and open up more heroes to get.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Personally I save all my gems for the gem 10 pulls. Got way more heroes doing that than running crusades (I'm level 69 atm).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Using some gems for stamina during events like what's going on today when you can farm purple items can be a big help, or in pushing you over in level. In general 10x gem pull is the way to go, but an occasional spend on stamina or skill points isn't the worst thing. Crusade is primarily about the gold, getting full heroes from there is pretty rare in my experience (I've gotten 1 ever as far as I remember). Getting 1 million gold a day (1.5+ on Hard) is fantastic for helping to skill up heroes. Which is why it's recommended you go full experience potions in the Booty Cave, having those to help level your main and off guys up is going to be more valuable than an extra 10% gold a day if you're lucky. And definitely just do the one Midas for the daily quest, it's almost never worth burning extra gems on Midas.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Interesting tier list for heroes to buy from the various shops:

http://www.heroescharge-arena.com/2015/03/13/hero-shop-guide-which-hero-should-i-buy-in-the-shops/

There are a few I disagree with, like I love phoenix, but on the whole I think he gets it right.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm not sure it's the best idea to focus on 5*ing stuff immediately. You need such a wide variety of heroes that getting more breadth early on is important for team flexibility and Outland Portal. Once you know what you want and need, then focus it down. Then again, I don't have much experience with the arena or guild shops, since you get so few coins for those compared to Crusade. I'll be getting more heroes before I rank any up, though, I know that much.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Echophonic posted:

I'm not sure it's the best idea to focus on 5*ing stuff immediately. You need such a wide variety of heroes that getting more breadth early on is important for team flexibility and Outland Portal. Once you know what you want and need, then focus it down. Then again, I don't have much experience with the arena or guild shops, since you get so few coins for those compared to Crusade. I'll be getting more heroes before I rank any up, though, I know that much.

For Arena grab an old curse and just wait to see if anything good comes in., I don't really see any thing that takes priority as you would most likely have a Warchief as a tank.
Crusade: 5 Starring Commando and Mystic is always a good thing.
Grand Arena: I am slowly building up to Cloudwalker, DM is crucial for Crusades but she is a popular mercenary for higher.
Guild shop: Arcane Sapper all the way, higher lv tactics involve Arcane sapper teleporting into the back lines and distracting the opponent long enough(facing the wrong way) to murder them. A lv70 Arcane sapper 3* with maxed gear is horrifying to go up against.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
4/5* heroes like Fallen Dominion and Cloud Walker make sense right now because the heroes themselves fill so many roles in Outland, Crusade, Arena, and Guild Raid. They're just that strong (for now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'll probably not take my own advice and funnel my grand arena points (when I get there) into Cloud Walker, who has been insanely useful for me. But I still think someone would want to get him and Death Mage over just spending all their arena points on Cloud Walker for weeks.

I feel like I'm better off having a 4* Commando, a 3* Mystic and Frost Mage and a 2* Phoenix than just one or two 5*s. Then again, I'm stupidly lucky and have Cloud Walker, Arcane Sapper, Brute and Death Mage at TL56. Working on Old Curse and Lunar Guardian in the places I have access to.

• Locked thread