Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so loving pissed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let's all just calm the hell down.

Jake is making a lot of sense this last page. I'm not seeing nervousness or whatever word was used.

Also Madman maybe you wouldn't get so many votes if you didn't outright refuse to explain your vote and then blame someone and call them scum because they didn't ask you why you voted Jake in a matter you approved of (which when they did you didn't answer anyway).

Like you go out of your way to be unhelpful then bitch that you are being voted for.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how can i calm down... when he said... i don't put effort... in MAFIA

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
CCKeane master of posting and showing up only when his name is mentioned

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i put so much effort in mafia i should marry it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Friction.123 posted:

CCKeane master of posting and showing up only when his name is mentioned

I only post when the topic being discussed interests me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

JakeP posted:

this is a post made unironically in this game

I believe quidnose is actually town so the fact that me putting in any effort just makes him "super comfortable" with his vote makes me believe this is the level of effort I can expect from the town in this game so nah i dont care

I really am not seeing why you got so loving upset over my saying "yeah this action is supporting my scum read of you, not moving my vote." You're acting like I'm ignoring reams of content from you when in fact it looks like you made a kind of case on TMM and then said I was bad at posting? And then you spit out your role and say how frustrated you are? I really do not understand.

I feel like the last time we played scum together you threw this kind of "taking my ball and going home" thing as a deflector but you had heat on you at the time so I am genuinely not understanding this course of play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

Same question to quidnose but i already know the answer, hed rather just sit on his poo poo vote then actually do any more critical thinking on this day 1, while at the same time chastising players who say day 1 is pointless

Are you asking me here why I am...defending TMM? I didn't?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

the especially ridiculous thing about it is the game literally just started. Its not like day 3 and hes like meh im tired of this not gonna try anymore. who would sign up for a game with the plan to not play the game? Its rude to the mod and to the players, and its so obnoxious to me that people are fine with it.

If you don't want to play replace the gently caress out the game has barely started

This reads to me as jumping on with what Podima is saying because it's convenient, especially with him attempting to throw shade at me for "supporting TMM" and then casually dismissing whatever response I am going to have as irrelevant. Major scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am enjoying Asiina's bus/gym saga play by play, I hope there is more~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Apparently you have no loving ability to read.

Once again, for the reading impaired: I didn't say I wasn't going to put in any effort. I simply stated I wasn't going to put in AS MUCH effort.

In essence, it basically means that I'm not going to post 10 times when 1 post will do.

And frankly, your response to having 2 votes on you is scummy so that's why you're being considered as scum.

I agree with Madman and Asiina here. I don't get the overreactions to his statement, a simple "yo bruh why you doing that" would have sufficed and throwing it into this lazy rear end case, I Just can't even.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

imgay is bad too but at least he's talking about the game, even if it's likely 90% bullshit. It's consistent with his usual posting.

Your lack of effort, on the other hand, is abnormal and worth being called out!

I really dislike this reasoning. It would be one thing to call out TMM for being self conscious, in a "hey guys I'm trying something different please don't vote me" sort of way that would lead someone to question why he is so concerned about how he looks in thread.

But that isn't what Podima is doing here, he's continuing to call out TMM because he's DOING something different, which he has self selected into. That's really bad reasoning.

I would vote Podima for this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

##vote Podima

Instead of asking why I voted Jake, all Pod has done is post about my efforts. It's a distraction tactic to try and get people to look at me because I'm normally a heavy poster regardless of my alignment. So ultimately, how much effort I put into a game is not a good reason to vote for me.

Yep, what I just said. I agree.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

why should anyone have to ask you why you voted someone

Jake, I just don't get you. I know we play mafia very differently but I feel like you're being hella disingenuous with all this distraction crap.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

Well that isn't really the reason I voted him. The lurking noeffort was a buildup but when he tried to sneak that vote in is when I said he was scum, and it was because of the way he tried to sneak a vote in. Never mentioned me previous, and didn't explain it at the time of the vote. I have to imagine if no one said anything he would have continued to not post. Trying to blend and keep a low profile is scummy

I think this is a misrepresentation, nowhere in what TMM did was "sneaking a vote in." Like why would he even do that, why as scum would he go "I'll drop a vote and no one will notice?"

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kill me im an abomination, niether kid nor squid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMM very clearly frustrated town, I hope nobody is still seriously voting him

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Also Quidnose's good point about goodness checking out because "lol Day 1", which I'm currently voting because of.

SAY SOMETHING USEFUL! PARTICIPATE!

Holy poo poo.

This too. JakeP, Podima, Goodness = Scumteam. You're welcome, thread.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Anyway to summarize (but you should read it all) I still think Jake's initial vote was dumb and bad, but Madman's reaction to it is much worse, and I don't know why he's refusing to actually play. I can see Jake and Podima's reasoning in the conversation, it all makes sense.

I'd vote for Madman, but don't want to put him at -1 with a day left.

I still think it's ridiculous to talk about low effort people though while ignoring imgay who is doing gently caress all and goodness who says "lol day 1" and checks out entirely.

Asiina I don't agree with you. What do you think about my point re: Podima's reasons for continuing to push TMM? Why don't you see what TMM is doing as frustrated town vs. frustrated scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Oh also I have a theory about why imgay might be scum. Tell me if this sounds stupid. So he's acting like a jester basically by poo poo posting more than usual and just being generally idiotic. Maybe he is scum trying to get us to think he's a jester so we won't plorp him.

He does this all the time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

and to clarify quickly, at the time you made the vote it was fine because its day 1 and what else are ya gonna do, but now stuff has happened, are you still going to limply call me scum and do nothing else?

I don't know where in the "I have an hour long drive and am about to pick up my girlfriend" you thought I was done. You're the one acting fairly obtuse for no reason.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

Also this is a legit bad post. "Are you a jester?" What is the point of that, and what does it have to do with anything? Its weird to say for one, and for 2 nothing I have said should make it seem like I want to be lynched at all, despite how much I "overreacted" (I acknowledge I did a bit, but I had a long day and was legit frustrated with what people were passing off as scumhunting in this game) I had some dranks and now am mmore chilled but this is a bad post and your participation in this game is poo poo

This just feels so disingenuous to me. To continually point to me being a bad player this entire time, this ENTIRE TIME as the predication for...whatever it is you are doing, when this day is hella long and I along with other people have been popping in and out when I have time to do so....

On someone you HAVE ADMITTED YOU FEEL IS TOWN?

I just don't understand why you are wasting time on this. It feels like a distraction. What in the world is your point here, Jake?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Let's all just calm the hell down.

Jake is making a lot of sense this last page. I'm not seeing nervousness or whatever word was used.

Also Madman maybe you wouldn't get so many votes if you didn't outright refuse to explain your vote and then blame someone and call them scum because they didn't ask you why you voted Jake in a matter you approved of (which when they did you didn't answer anyway).

Like you go out of your way to be unhelpful then bitch that you are being voted for.

Oh come on, I could explain my reasoning and I would still get votes. I'm always an easy push because I will generally post and say whatever the hell is on my mind.

And remember, nobody started hounding me for the reason I voted Jake in the first place until AFTER I mentioned that I found it weird that Podima didn't push me to find out my reasons. Here, let's look at the sequence of posts:

First, I drop the no content vote on Jake and this is Pod's immediate response:

Podima posted:

You're being awfully quiet this game. Can you please elaborate?

I feel like he is asking me to elaborate on why I am being quiet. If he had wanted to be clear, he could have added 'on your vote/reasons?' Or he could have quoted my vote and then asked me to elaborate before adding that I've been quiet this game.

My response and Pods reaction to my response:

TMMadman posted:

I just don't feel like putting a lot of effort into this game.

Podima posted:

Why did you sign up, then?

So if Pod is really so concerned about my reasons for voting Jake, why doesn't he immediately bring it up again when I respond here? Because I know I would have done it. Hell, I've done it in this game when I felt Jake avoided answering my question.

Then Pod goes on to make this case:

Podima posted:

That TMM vote was garbage and I called it out as such. And in fact I'm going to ##vote TMM until he backs that up with an actual read instead of screaming OMGUS.

Asiina I would like to understand why you're defending this stellar Mafia play:

His 'case' is essentially just quoting all the posts I had made up to that point. Once again, he doesn't even bother to try pushing me about my reasons for voting Jake.

He makes several more posts about effort:

Podima posted:

Also I call out people who say they're not going to put effort into games because it's unfair and unfun for the other people who DID sign up and are putting in effort. Lurking and low content is a major problem for Mafia and people should know better. If you're not going to play, don't compulsively sign up for games.

Podima posted:

You have yet to put in any effort besides a reason-less vote and defending yourself the second anyone starts to question you though?

Podima posted:

imgay is bad too but at least he's talking about the game, even if it's likely 90% bullshit. It's consistent with his usual posting.

Your lack of effort, on the other hand, is abnormal and worth being called out!

It's not until after all this and me pointing out that he didn't ask me about my reasons that he goes back to his original post and says that's its asking me for my reasons. So once again, if he was really concerned about my reasons for voting JakeP, why didn't he try to push me about avoiding his question?

##vote Podima

I'm going back to Podima as scum. Probably with either SSV or JakeP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't know if he's scum but I'm worried that if we don't plorp tmm today it's just going to derail scum hunting in future days.

##vote anon

Capps is also still scum. Almost got this wrapped up, folks

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm back now from band practice but I gotta deal with soldiers crap.

I was thinking about it on the bus though, and I think Madman is probably town, but I wouldn't blame any town for voting him because he's being a huge rear end, which is sorta par for the course, but he's doing so in a different way than usual.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
did you hear what he said about me asiina, it was mean and it hurt my feelings

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Jake, I just don't get you. I know we play mafia very differently but I feel like you're being hella disingenuous with all this distraction crap.

areyou loving serious? in response to me saying that we shouldn't have to force TMM to explain his vote? Holy gently caress this cant be real

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill only vote tmm or quidnose today

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay real talk I'll probably not come back to this game tonight. I'm eating my 11pm dinner and then winding down and this is real mafia as opposed to other games which are shitposting insanity and I don't feel like doing any more work tonight.

Tomorrow though!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quidnose posted:

He does this all the time.

Yeah that's why I said more than usual. Also his poo poo posting doesn't usually include requests for us to kill him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I finished cooking dinner and lesson planning so now I'm finishing my reread.

JakeP posted:

Also this is a legit bad post. "Are you a jester?" What is the point of that, and what does it have to do with anything? Its weird to say for one, and for 2 nothing I have said should make it seem like I want to be lynched at all, despite how much I "overreacted" (I acknowledge I did a bit, but I had a long day and was legit frustrated with what people were passing off as scumhunting in this game) I had some dranks and now am mmore chilled but this is a bad post and your participation in this game is poo poo

I guess I'm still reeling from the time we, like, actually had two jesters in a row and one of them was CPig. I'm just very wary now of people playing seemingly against their own personal meta but I probably shouldn't, and you are right that that isn't scummy inherently. But you are just so all over the place with random commentary and derailing discussion and all this other poo poo I just literally have no idea what you're doing. It still feels like a distraction tactic, and I don't get why you'd be so brazen about it. Which is why I asked.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Friction.123 posted:

So now that I'm home I went back and did a reread of the thread and here are my thoughts.

Honestly from what little I've seen scum don't make obvious plays 98% of the time. This TMM poo poo is extremely obvious and openly "scummy" which means to me its possibly just frustration or mistakes on his own part, combined with a couple people hammering him super hard (which I totally get after my last game). I can't really blame the people hammering him either because drat, there is some lovely logic and justifications in his posts which means I am perfectly happy leaving my vote there even if he is almost too scummy to be scum.

I've never seen Podima or SSV in a game before so I'm going to withhold commenting there for the time being.

JakeP though, has been posting almost nonstop since this game started about one thing or another, this last page being a great example, and there are some things that ping scum to me as well.

This came like what, 3/4 through the first day of a three day deadline? There's every reason to believe people would hang back and see what happens even if they were town. Apparently Quidnose has a weird gimmick where he analyzes joke phase posts like actual serious posts, which is stupid but to each his own. Nobody was taking the vote seriously except two people that have been ridiculed extensively (one of which was squidnose) so why even react like the game is over and OMG you guys are so stupid?

This post further illustrates it, why say you're bored of the game and then turn around and ridicule another guy for supposedly putting in a similar amount of not caring?

Finally we have the most recent page of JakeP quotes which just strikes me as incredibly defensive, like he is super worried about getting votes for some reason. If you're town then gently caress those guys, keep scum hunting and if you get lynched oh well, hopefully the rest are smart enough to pick up on who targeted you or reacted to your hunting.

Thats my anal-sys do with it what you will.

I hate everything about this post. How new is Friction, because this screams "scum chiming in and faking content," from the playing both sides of "well he's probably too scummy to be scum but maybe not who knows time will tell I'll leave my vote there!" crap to the random rear end drive by shade throwing on me (my D1 tactics find scum a lot, as an aside, thank you) to then turning around and....kind of casing JakeP? Not really? I don't even know.

This is a very bad post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I'm just amused that there are 4 votes on me (not including my own and 5 if you count the earlier vote from PBS) and nobody even seems to want to look at them. Usually when someone gets this many votes this early in the day people start screaming that it must be an easy push by scum. There is almost certainly one scum scum vote on me, so why aren't people looking there instead of looking at me?

Why does town always let themselves get distracted by these kind of attacks? Why am I constantly being held to a higher standard than other posters? I mean I say quite simply that I'm not going to be putting a ton of effort into this game and it get distorted into " WHY AREN'T YOU GOING TO PLAY THE GAME?" when that isn't even remotely what I said in the first place. All I meant is that I was going to be all 'postpostpost' not that I wasn't going to flat out play.

Why hasn't anyone asked a couple simple questions: If a scum Madman wants to make Jake look stupid, then why the hell is he voting for himself? How exactly am I supposed to make someone calling me scum look stupid if I'm actually scum?

I repeat, TMM is frustrated town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Friction.123 posted:

##unvote because I don't want this thing to get turbo'd without taking advantage of what discussion time we have

There's the backtrack.

Has Friction been scum before? Anyone? This looks like newbie scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I will admit I like Jake's interactions with TMM a lot more as the day has gone on, and he is making more sense. But I do want him to answer this:

Quidnose posted:

This just feels so disingenuous to me. To continually point to me being a bad player this entire time, this ENTIRE TIME as the predication for...whatever it is you are doing, when this day is hella long and I along with other people have been popping in and out when I have time to do so....

On someone you HAVE ADMITTED YOU FEEL IS TOWN?

I just don't understand why you are wasting time on this. It feels like a distraction. What in the world is your point here, Jake?

...and he hasn't.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

I will admit I like Jake's interactions with TMM a lot more as the day has gone on, and he is making more sense. But I do want him to answer this:

...and he hasn't.

I said at one point i felt you were town, i think it is obvious from my posting, and from me explicitly saying I do not think that anymore

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

I believe quidnose is actually town so the fact that me putting in any effort just makes him "super comfortable" with his vote makes me believe this is the level of effort I can expect from the town in this game so nah i dont care

Followup:

JakeP posted:

Same question to quidnose but i already know the answer, hed rather just sit on his poo poo vote then actually do any more critical thinking on this day 1, while at the same time chastising players who say day 1 is pointless

Still calling me town.

Followup:

JakeP posted:

you are an idiot or scum but probably an idiot

Stiiiiiiil not calling me scum and thinking I am just playing poorly.

Followup:

JakeP posted:

and to clarify quickly, at the time you made the vote it was fine because its day 1 and what else are ya gonna do, but now stuff has happened, are you still going to limply call me scum and do nothing else?

Maybe calling me scum here, saying my intentions are not pure? But not implict.

And followup:

JakeP posted:

Again, saying I'm playing poorly, but not calling me scum.

JakeP posted:

areyou loving serious? in response to me saying that we shouldn't have to force TMM to explain his vote? Holy gently caress this cant be real

Nowhere do you call me scum, other than saying "you'll vote me." What's your case on me, Jake? That I'm scum because I'm not playing to your standards?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
no see just because I don't explicitly state it in a post doesn't mean it isn't how I am feeling and it isn't hard to glean from the context

poo poo one of the posts you quote obviously reflects my change in opinion on you, when I explain how at the time your vote seemed fine, and the longer yout stuck with it the worse you looked you are being a huge pedant with this line of thinking

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and being pedantic in mafia is a scum tell

you aren't actually looking at posts for what they are, you are just calling them out because I don't say "you are scum" in them, even though they often suggest it and show a clear evolution from prolly town to, maybe scum or an idiot, to straight up scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Counterpoint: You're throwing poo poo at me and hoping it sticks and you haven't backed it up well.

• Locked thread