Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

TenementFunster posted:

please tell me you aren't serious

nevermind I bet you are a loving console casual anyhow

i don't know what you've heard about me
but nigga i'd never touch a ps3
i join servers through my browser
no nintendard i didn't say bowser
*drops worn down razer death adder mouse*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

teagone posted:

I'm installing it fine right now.

Did you use this link : http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.11_betav8.exe ? The mobility drivers are different.

Although I'm really happy with the performance already. I was worried since the beta ran like crap for me, but I can play the full game with a mix of ultra and high settings, and it runs almost as well as BF3.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

skinny white boy posted:

i don't know what you've heard about me
but nigga i'd never touch a ps3
i join servers through my browser
no nintendard i didn't say bowser
*drops worn down razer death adder mouse*
*waves fist in air, shouts "OOOOOOH" loudly*

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Send_Ninjas posted:

This is what my battlelog looks like atm. So I'm not having much better luck.

Have you tried a different browser? Otherwise it's a problem with your internet connection, battlelog is just a website.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

*waves fist in air, shouts "OOOOOOH" loudly*

plz come back to tfr :tf:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

FallenGod posted:

Takes a second to show up in battlelog, but I quit out of the credits immediately each time and I have all the unlocks.
Mission took a while to say completed, weird the assignment isn't unlocked even though I got the corresponding dog tag. I just want my M249 damnit :argh:

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Metanaut posted:

Did you use this link : http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.11_betav8.exe ? The mobility drivers are different.

Although I'm really happy with the performance already. I was worried since the beta ran like crap for me, but I can play the full game with a mix of ultra and high settings, and it runs almost as well as BF3.

The website says the drivers should be around 200 MB, but the file I download is only around 70 MB.

I found this though: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2295/amd-catalyst-13-11-beta-8/

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Kind wishing I'd never gotten that patch, crashed twice within 5 minutes and yesterday I was fine the whole day.

Sober posted:

Mission took a while to say completed, weird the assignment isn't unlocked even though I got the corresponding dog tag. I just want my M249 damnit :argh:

Did you check in multiplayer or just battlelog? I literally went from quitting the credits into a multiplayer match and had the m249 available.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sober posted:

So if I don't let the credits scroll past I'm guessing I won't be getting the weapons from the campaign assignment? These are long rear end credits.

Takes a while to show up but you do eventually get credit. Eventually.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

15% off coupon for use with Battlefield 4 Premium for North American GMG customers.

TAREM-BF4NA-DLC15

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/battlefield-4-premium-edition-na/

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My current problem right now is that the vehicles are awesome and just completely wipe out infantry. So I feel forced to play Engineer when I just want to try to get passed this first stupid LMG.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Metanaut posted:

I didn't use the mobility link since I have a desktop 7850.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ularg posted:

My current problem right now is that the vehicles are awesome and just completely wipe out infantry. So I feel forced to play Engineer when I just want to try to get passed this first stupid LMG.

I think there's two things exacerbating this at the moment, the MBT-LAW and PDW's being the Engineer's primary weapon. The MBT-LAW is just terrible unless you manage to catch a lased helicopter during its flare cooldown and PDW's are a pretty situational weapons so engineers could be dying before they manage to get into a position to shoot a tank. I know I just unlocked the AK-5C just last night and its unbelievable how much of a difference its made.

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

it's big money postin' baby boy
drat I forgot :omarcomin: existed, so:

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I don't get the constant loving lag spikes I'm getting through my loving ISP. The game will run fine for two or three maps, but then after that I get this loving rubberbanding poo poo and my ping goes from 20-40 to 800+. Comcast says it's not their problem but other people are having similar issues in my area while others just west of us on the other side of the river don't have this issue. Makes a fun game very loving frustrating when people just magically appear in front of you in an empty room, or you hose down someone, get hit indicators, and you find out you did jack poo poo.

Other than that the m249 you get from the single player game is fantastic. The ability to just hose down areas and just keep the pressure on people down range with it is fun.

Mobile AA needs to have the active missiles nerfed a bit, just make them a bit slower. As they are, I can deny helo's taking off from spawn and any jets that get near me are usually going to eat two missiles since there is no warning that they are coming.

Edit: Oh, has anyone found a way to unbind the B button? Right now if you double tap it you get the loving console, and I use it to switch between burst/auto/single.

fromoutofnowhere fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 30, 2013

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Anyone want to play tonight around 6pm PST? I'm west coast and have a vent server. My origin ID is the same: goobernoodles.

e: /\/\ I've had ping issues with my connection in the past few months that required rebooting my Comcast router. Granted I did spill beer on it one night and took it apart to dry it off so maybe it's slightly on the broken side...

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 30, 2013

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I wish commander mode was scaled down so that it doesn't constantly use 100% of the GPU and CPU. I can understand normal multiplayer giving my computer a workout, but for commander mode (and the campaign ending credits as well), it doesn't seem necessary.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

It worked for me, but I've got spot set to middle mouse so I just held that in.

All it really does is give you wallhacks and thermovision so you can spot enemies.

It also highlights those enemy so friendlies will shoot them.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
:siren: Checking back in, AMD 13.11 Beta8 work perfectly for me. No RSOD since I installed them.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

How do you not suck at commander mode?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kibayasu posted:

I think there's two things exacerbating this at the moment, the MBT-LAW and PDW's being the Engineer's primary weapon. The MBT-LAW is just terrible unless you manage to catch a lased helicopter during its flare cooldown and PDW's are a pretty situational weapons so engineers could be dying before they manage to get into a position to shoot a tank. I know I just unlocked the AK-5C just last night and its unbelievable how much of a difference its made.

I can only unlock service stars now for Engineer, all I want to do is get past the first LMG but I keep getting destroyed because of how bad that LMG is compared to how amazing Carbines are.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

goobernoodles posted:

Anyone want to play tonight around 6pm PST? I'm west coast and have a vent server. My origin ID is the same: goobernoodles.

e: /\/\ I've had ping issues with my connection in the past few months that required rebooting my Comcast router. Granted I did spill beer on it one night and took it apart to dry it off so maybe it's slightly on the broken side...

Added you. I play with a bunch of west coast eve goons so I know how hard it is to get late night squads together. LETS BE FRIENDS

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone manage to unlock the EOD Bot yet? Is it still nigh-uncontrollable? Granted that was part of its charm but it'd be nice if it were actually functional this time.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Republicans posted:

Anyone manage to unlock the EOD Bot yet? Is it still nigh-uncontrollable? Granted that was part of its charm but it'd be nice if it were actually functional this time.

They patched it in BF3 to make it way easier to control. Hopefully it's the same or better.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Republicans posted:

It's a bit better but you're not going to be doing loops around people.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Send_Ninjas posted:

This is what my battlelog looks like atm. So I'm not having much better luck.

I get this problem on Battlelog, to fix it (on chrome at least), on the right edge of the address bar there will be a shield with a tooltip that says "this page includes script from unauthenticated sources" just click on it and allow it and battlelog will load up fine.

Although not sure if it'll fix it for firefox, could be a different problem.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ularg posted:

I can only unlock service stars now for Engineer, all I want to do is get past the first LMG but I keep getting destroyed because of how bad that LMG is compared to how amazing Carbines are.

Play single player and get the M249?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone know why i keep seeming to loose my connection to pretty much every server? I'll try to reconnect only to fail, then the server disappers from battle log.

What is going on?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Ularg posted:

You can't really run and gun and expect to do well with the U-100. It pretty much requires you to post up with your bipod and lock down a corridor. I had a pretty easy time unlocking it by deploying the the roof of C/D on Zavod and pretty much anywhere on Op. Locker.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ularg posted:

It's a bit better but you're not going to be doing loops around people.

That's fine. Now we just need a weaponized version with a chainsaw and ramming spikes. :black101:

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

fromoutofnowhere posted:

I don't get the constant loving lag spikes I'm getting through my loving ISP. The game will run fine for two or three maps, but then after that I get this loving rubberbanding poo poo and my ping goes from 20-40 to 800+. Comcast says it's not their problem but other people are having similar issues in my area while others just west of us on the other side of the river don't have this issue. Makes a fun game very loving frustrating when people just magically appear in front of you in an empty room, or you hose down someone, get hit indicators, and you find out you did jack poo poo.

Foon, sorry buddy but this is you in every game ever. Its your hardware or your ISP.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

So I have a Logitech MX518 mouse and I'm not able to bind anything to Mouse4, 5 etc. Anybody else able to bind actions to their extra mouse buttons?

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006

odark thirty posted:

Have you tried a different browser? Otherwise it's a problem with your internet connection, battlelog is just a website.

I restarted my router and that fixed it. I have no idea why, the rest of the internet was working fine but it's ok now.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Robot Randy posted:

You can't really run and gun and expect to do well with the U-100. It pretty much requires you to post up with your bipod and lock down a corridor. I had a pretty easy time unlocking it by deploying the the roof of C/D on Zavod and pretty much anywhere on Op. Locker.

My problem with that strategy is I can set up at deployment and still get instantly killed. Something about deploying a bipod gets me focus fired. No amount of repositioning fixes that so I'm stuck running and gunning.

On the other hand I just unlocked the Type 88 and got to use the 2x IRNV and it's amazing. Doubled the kills of the top player on the other team and the second player on my team.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Gropiemon posted:

So I have a Logitech MX518 mouse and I'm not able to bind anything to Mouse4, 5 etc. Anybody else able to bind actions to their extra mouse buttons?

MX518 worked fine during the beta and this G400s that replaced it works fine right now. One solution is to setup your keybinds in the keyboard column and set those keys in the Logitech software to the side buttons if the default mouse buttons don't get bound in the mouse column I guess?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

UberJumper posted:

Does anyone know why i keep seeming to loose my connection to pretty much every server? I'll try to reconnect only to fail, then the server disappers from battle log.

What is going on?

:dice:

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

:siren: Checking back in, AMD 13.11 Beta8 work perfectly for me. No RSOD since I installed them.

They BSOD for me outside the game, so... Boo?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lord Yod posted:

They BSOD for me outside the game, so... Boo?

The solution then is to always play BF4.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

I can't believe Q is spot, hold Q is the comm rose, and there's no way to separate the two. While spamming Q and firing at someone I frequently hold Q a fraction of a second too long, the comm rose comes up and I stop firing. Dying to that mistake is tragic.

Otherwise the game rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Nothing like having carbines and shotguns unlocked but still forcing yourself to use DMRs as recon in the hopes that they'll "click" and not feel pointless. I guess at medium range they take one round less to kill a target than an assault rifle or carbine on single shot and you get a 4x ACOG installed by a blind gunsmith? Nothing like popping off shot after shot with the ^ right on a guy's head only for him to calmly turn around and spray you down in half a second with a carbine.

• Locked thread