Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Jesus Christ, 2 dips a year.

Alright, change my original B vote to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My opinion has changed because I'd love to see a Paradox LP (that doesn't have 75% goon bickering) to feature a revolution that leads to a republic (or hell, why stop there? Go-go Proletariats!)

In short, vote changed to

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Wiz posted:

We only get about 2 diplomats a year.

:stare:

Yeah A is clearly the stupidest choice. How the hell are you managing with so few diplomats wiz? How many magistrates are we getting a year?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Changing my vote from B to .

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
I change my vote from c to to improve diplomat production by 50%!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Well, that is just one heck of a turnaround.

Also, Jesus by Allah, we've got nearly max aristocracy and we're STILL piddling along at only two diplomats a year? Azerbaijan is never going to be plutocratic, is it?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Since Sniper has to count the vote by hand (I think) if you're changing your vote could you please show what you changed FROM. It will make it a lot easier for him. Thanks.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
We get 0.8 diplomats from Aristocracy, 0.2 diplomats per point of DIP (so 1.6 for current monarch) and +0.5 for being a Major Power. That means our diplomat total is between 1.9 and 2.9 depending on monarch DIP (currently 2.9, was a bit more than I remembered).

EDIT: Oh and .1 diplomats from our SOI, so 3

Wiz fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 13, 2011

Kem Rixen
Aug 6, 2007

With this turnip I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!
Wow, I had no idea we had so few diplomats, I'm changing my vote from b to because there is no way we'll be able to survive in the long run with only two diplomats a year. Domestic issues can be handled after we deal with foreign ones.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:
Switching to from B. We could use the extra diplomats.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
tossing in a vote for

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Since Sniper has to count the vote by hand (I think) if you're changing your vote could you please show what you changed FROM. It will make it a lot easier for him. Thanks.

But WITHOUT using the original voting icon, just the icon you want to change your vote to.

Backseat count-ruling ITT

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Guys, 2-3 diplomats a year is not a crippling handicap. More diplomats is nice, but it's not the end of the earth to just have a few diplomats.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wiz posted:

Guys, 2-3 diplomats a year is not a crippling handicap. More diplomats is nice, but it's not the end of the earth to just have a few diplomats.

Stop influencing the vote! This is the wheels of democracy turning.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
Uh-huh, well then.

Changing vote to

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Well, that's why we're here Wiz, We'll work as hard as we can to give you dozens of diplomats a yer. Azerbaijan will be the diplomatest.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
I played as Switzerland in HTTT once, and only generated about 4 diplomats a year. It made me want to kill myself.

Granted, this was a huge Europe-spanning Switzerland, but still.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Remember, folks, diplomacy is the art of tolerating foreigners and their outlandish ways. And there's a lot more foreigners than Azerbaijani.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Shifting my vote from C to

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
104 - 87 - 25

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Wiz posted:

And its not like you're surrounded by dozens of tiny principalities that you need to constantly negotiate with either.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Wiz posted:

We will not stop until you have at least 10 diplomats a year :tipshat:

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

sniper4625 posted:

104 - 87 - 25

While I'm sad that A will win instead of B, I think I can tolerate it.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Conskill posted:

While I'm sad that A will win instead of B, I think I can tolerate it.

Don't worry, we can vote for it next time. Assuming we survive. :ohdear:

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Mark my words, we will look back on this vote as the deciding factor in Azerbaijan's eventual slide into Totalitarian Ultrafascism!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Necroskowitz posted:

Mark my words, we will look back on this vote as the deciding factor in Azerbaijan's eventual slide into Totalitarian Ultrafascism!

And that's for the best! gently caress all the heathens!

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Money, and Power will soon rule Azerbaijan.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Please sir, may I have some more?
I think that both Cabinet and Bill of Rights are nice steps along the path to codified, representative, stable, and open government. I'm not saying that they represent Azerbaijan becoming Sweden in the 17th century or anything, just that they're steps in the right direction.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Basically the idea is that we delegate the cost of the inevitable war on other powers. Which is extremely tolerant since it proves we value foreign soldiers as much as our own men. Or something along those lines, I guess.

Also, being tolerant is not very useful when there is no one left to be tolerated. As Karl Popper used to say, the tolerant must not tolerate the intolerant. Which means we need to crush the Russians in the name of tolerance.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 13, 2011

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

Changing my vote from C to .

I am doing the same.
. Death to the Republic.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
As long as National Bank isn't coming up again, I think we all win.

Also, because revolt risk reduction is great. We're going to have serious war exhaustion after the fight with Russia, and this should counteract some of the craziness.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
I know is a wasted vote but what the hell

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I actually want A to win, but I'm going to vote

just to try and shove us back closer to a tie again.

E.g., I'm strategically throwing away my vote so that everyone will know that every vote counts.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C. We're not at risk of serious revolt, nor have we been hampered by lack of diplomats. But we're constantly out of money.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

None of the options really impact the immediate future, and having cyclic boom-bust relations with our neighbors as we get good/crap diplomatic leaders makes for a better story.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I vote B!!! Glad to see another Wizthread, sad I missed a bunch of it!! :D :D :D

Edit: Someone told me i need to put a picture in, so here it is
I hope I still get counted!!!

gowb fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 13, 2011

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

This is only Option. Option A is one of me having a steady job.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

It is the only way to stop the cabinetmakers.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

No matter what wins what's important is that Azerbaijan will place one foot firmly into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Vote closed!

• Locked thread