Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Trying to watch today's NXT and it's skipping so much as to be unwatchable. Anyone else having issues.

I had this issue too, when I fast forwarded it the skipping stopped. Not sure if that was just coincidental or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Black Is Black posted:

Triple H is a huge tag team mark right?

He should be, considering it's what brought him to fame in the first place.

As far as the skipping was concerned, I only watched it live, but I rewinded 10 seconds and it played fine for the rest of the show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the iconic dx tag run

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

2006-2011, yes

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I'm still not entirely sold on Jordan because he has very little personality and I think Gable carries the team, but they have entertaining matches and Gable's good at compensating for both.
He does have unimpressive personality right now, but he doesn't give the impression like Corbin or some of the jobber tag team guys of being a charisma void. Jordan's ceiling on that is probably never going to be high, but he's perfectly serviceable right now and can likely improve. And purely in wrestling terms, I don't think you could just stick any of the other big guys on that team and still have it work. Gable is the more notable, but Jordan's pulling his weight.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jordan's ring work has always been really crisp and clean, even when he was in that short-lived team with Dillinger. Based on Takeover Brooklyn I think he could be Ken Shamrock 2 in terms of yelling dudes who are fun to watch

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

AMReese posted:

He should be, considering it's what brought him to fame in the first place.

I too enjoyed his work in WCW with Regal.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That was seriously one of the best NXT episodes in a long time. Great wrestling, progress in several angles, and no segment on the show was a waste or some kind of filler.

Odnet
Mar 17, 2005
Hollerate.
Is Nia Jax actually The Rock's cousin or is it through that Samoan "blood brother" thing where they work a work and work themselves into a shoot?

Marks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Trying to watch today's NXT and it's skipping so much as to be unwatchable. Anyone else having issues.

I just tried to watch it and I'm getting the same issue. I'm five minutes into the show and it's skipped about three of those minutes.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I've got the skipping issue too. Other things are playing fine.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
If James Storm does nothing else than teach rookies how to cut a promo like they mean it, he will be worth all the money.

His interview this week was great and he actually looked at Tom the whole time instead of that weird stare into space a lot of them do.

The actual content of the promo was a lot of nothing but he really sounded like he meant it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He apparently whiffed on his contract negotiations and is persona non grata

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Basic Chunnel posted:

If he was persona non grata, wouldn't they have removed his interview from the episode?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Why wouldn't they use footage they already shot? People drop in and out of NXT all the time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought the story was that Storm is holding out for more money but WWE is happy to just sit until he caves. Which shouldn't be long, given TNA's current state.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Weird because there were reports that he was out of his contract with TNA like 2 months ago along with Austin Aries.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Dr. Baker posted:

It's really going to break my heart when/if Balor turns heel.
It's gonna be interesting to see how his heel act works in a promotion where "this main eventer CHEATS and has people INTERFERE in his matches" isn't some kind of anomaly.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I think that the best thing about Chad Gable is that he debuted as a heel and is now a massively over face without changing a single thing about his character. He's still a self-aggrandizing, dickish goofball, but he's just so undeniably great that people can't stop cheering for him.

Call him up as the token white member of New Day.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Odnet posted:

Is Nia Jax actually The Rock's cousin or is it through that Samoan "blood brother" thing where they work a work and work themselves into a shoot?

Marks.

The real deal. High Chief Peter Maivia is her uncle, so they're like second cousins or once removed or however that works.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Illinois Smith posted:

It's gonna be interesting to see how his heel act works in a promotion where "this main eventer CHEATS and has people INTERFERE in his matches" isn't some kind of anomaly.

He should reenact the "HAI" promo with whoever is interviewing in NXT these days. It would make no sense and be hilarious.

But really if he wants heel heat in Full Sail, it isn't hard. If he acts above the crowd (no too sweets, no crouch in the corner, etc.) they will boo him hard.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well, there's always Lucha Underground or ROH I guess.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
When I caught this week's NXT, I had a thought during the Bayley and Alexa Bliss/BAMF interviews:

I'm possibly reading into this too much, but I wonder if they are consciously evoking a specifically schoolyard bully theme. Alexa has these great snotty heel mannerisms and the blonde cheerleader look along with her beefcake bodyguards, but it struck me during Bayley's promo when she said that Alexa had "changed" when she started "hanging out with [the] boys." Since Bayley is very popular with the young girls in the audience (along with anyone else that enjoys good wrestling), I wonder if this storyline is being written specifically with a middle/high school journey in mind. I know every heel/face thing typically involves some sense of bullying, but this just feels like it intentionally could be taking place at Anytown High School. In a good way, mind you. Or maybe this is just some form of my gender bias when seeing a blonde bombshell versus a side-ponytail lovable dork feud.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nhooph made her in ring return last night. First match in two months and after the social media scandal:

https://twitter.com/Manic_Pineapple/status/659904709197758465

Billie Kay, Aliyah (Nhooph), and Emma v Marley (Gionna Daddio), Adrienne (Athena) and Bayley.

I wish they mixed up the male roster like this experience wise.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bayley angles have often been written like that. Emma and Dana stole her things and hid them. It's actually an extremely nice touch.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

St Evan Echoes posted:

Bayley angles have often been written like that. Emma and Dana stole her things and hid them. It's actually an extremely nice touch.

Ha that's awesome. Sounds like this is par for the course then.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

For a company that likes to think its gears itself towards kids, Bayley is the only non-Cena character that is actually directed towards kids. She could make them so much money if they weren't shortsighted and habitually moronic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Emma's probably the number one heel with kids. She totally beat up that chick from Frozen this week.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I can't figure out the nxt naming scheme for women. Who gets last names and who doesn't?

Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Dana Brooke, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce,

Charlotte, Emma, Asuka, Aliyah, Marley

I can't see any pattern.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Charlotte at least makes sense because she continues that wonderful thing like Curtis Axel and so forth where they acknowledge their second generation stars as such but don't let them use their recognizable last names.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Go RV! posted:

I can't figure out the nxt naming scheme for women. Who gets last names and who doesn't?

Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Dana Brooke, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce,

Charlotte, Emma, Asuka, Aliyah, Marley

I can't see any pattern.

The talent names themselves (with management approval) is probably the most obvious answer.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

St Evan Echoes posted:

Anal Surgery posted:

Ha that's awesome. Sounds like this is par for the course then.

It also implies women are easily caught up in petty, childish, schoolyard bullshit. Which is bad. Sasha/Bayley transcended that and turned it into being about (Takeove)R: Espect but STILL started in a place of "Sasha is bullying me, that meanie!"

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Marley is not a good wrestle lady name, makes me think of dead dogs.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

UpfrontSalmon posted:

It also implies women are easily caught up in petty, childish, schoolyard bullshit. Which is bad. Sasha/Bayley transcended that and turned it into being about (Takeove)R: Espect but STILL started in a place of "Sasha is bullying me, that meanie!"

Sure, and it brings up a good question of how you book two women wrestlers feuding over something that is both low-stakes and relatable and do it in a respectful manner.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Glamorama26 posted:

Marley is not a good wrestle lady name, makes me think of dead dogs.

She seemingly named herself after her old (maybe dead) dog actually.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

rovert posted:

We need the scoop on if the dog is dead.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

UpfrontSalmon posted:

Most men's feuds are the same though. Dudes stealing belts, jackets, urns, dogs, etc has been storyline fodder for decades. Wrestling characters in general are childish as hell.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

rovert posted:

Well now I feel bad about knocking her not so great name. On a related note, Gionna seems cool on twitter.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Glamorama26 posted:

Well now I feel bad about knocking her not so great name. On a related note, Gionna seems cool on twitter.

She is. Very earnest. I just watched this yesterday Bayley puts her over strong at 9min 30sec mark.

In the best way possible she set the record for the most amount of tears after a debut match. She wants to be a success in Wrestling really badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdY290p8Xk

On the subject of interviews. Afterbuzz also did one with Balor. Finn's best media interview since he was signed by WWE. Really relaxed and happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7gQqe6Pnmk

Unfortunately there's a lot of background noise in both videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I wish people would come up with names other than First Name Last Name or Just First Name. The world needs more Samoa Joes or the Rocks.

• Locked thread