Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.
Sneak preview of a new mod I'm doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9g1Q7ASOsU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Thank you, Pants. Mod of the year.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I don't think we deserve you, Pants.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I eagerly await to see what he does with Bugles, Drums and Fifes.

Also, the comedy fart gunfire sound mod.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Yakkety Sax would be the perfect accompaniment to a double-time command. Yakkety Sax is still funny, right?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Victor Vermis posted:

Yakkety Sax would be the perfect accompaniment to a double-time command. Yakkety Sax is still funny, right?

It would have been back in the 1800s!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Also please tell me somebody managed to record me executing Chortles for being an extra flag-bearer. I was thinking about it earlier today and it made me smile like an idiot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright folks, got some stuff worth posting about!

First off, Pants has been busy dumping a bunch of line battle videos onto YouTube which I'm slowly adding with the big list in the 2nd post on the front page. Two videos featuring goon rifles and one with Blood and Iron Goon Artillery!

Speaking of which Pants, when you are doing the mounted War Correspondent thing again in the future keep it to being mildly annoying with the guys we're fighting. I'd hate to call you out for knocking dudes down and attacking them as an Admin. That would kind of suck. But great work with the videos and much appreciated!

Now, speaking of Blood And Iron I've got some development information for the next update which looks like it is going to be a big one. It even has pictures! Look!

quote:

Here I'll be posting development updates for the next updating, such as pictures of new units and weaponry.

Tweaks and fixes so far.
Fixed spelling error of "Wilmhelm" in Custom battle.
Fixed the "95" showing on French marines hat.
Decreased the time to fix a bayonet.
Matched blond hair with blue eyes as requested.
Put trench assault on siege mode
Implemented improved firing sounds - Chassepot courtesy of Mailman
Fixed hair clipping issues on females - Courtesy of Mailman
Fixed some officers being slower than their troop type.
Upped ammo count to ~60
Decreased rifle butt damage and increased speed
Increased accuracy skill of Zouaves
Fixed Binocular animation
Fixed incredibly slow Carbine melee speed
Reduced Damage of priest staff

For Britain the only confirmed units so far are the 1st Gurkha Rifles and the 42nd Black Watch.

Here is the Gurkha private, with Kukri and Martini Henry rifle. The Asian face skin is useful here ;D

Private of the 42nd Foot (Black watch) Circa 1880. I am not reusing AZW resources, all this uniform is remade.

Apparently only the Gurkha will have the stats to handle their legendary lethal death knife. Huzzah!

Oh and we have our line battle at 8PM EST tonight too. Don't forget. Details will be on the Mumble get into the server ASAP. Bringing in a new mod so don't go crazy. Got to tell him we hang loose and stuff.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

SeanBeansShako posted:

First off, Pants has been busy dumping a bunch of line battle videos onto YouTube which I'm slowly adding with the big list in the 2nd post on the front page. Two videos featuring goon rifles and one with Blood and Iron Goon Artillery!
Yeah, I've been clearing out the backlog of videos. I have something like a dozen or so more videos to post today which raises a question:
Would you guys rather I post each round as a separate video or just splice the highlights together? Each battle is somewhere between four and six rounds on average.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If we get cav or artillery for blood and iron or NW do one or two full videos. A few full videos of some more sieges battles would be kind of nice.

But you can start making highlight videos no problem :).

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

quote:

Matched blond hair with blue eyes as requested.

:catstare:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah, there is some crazy dude on the FSE forums who is obviously a closet Nazi harassing modders but surprise surprise the non existent moderating hasn't told him to poo poo up.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWx7FoaiRsU
Start at 11:15.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I can finally play a historically accurate Asian dude.

Seriously, Gurkhas and Black Watch? Just release Britain now. We got all we need. Also, better sounding Chassepots, more ammo, faster bayonet fixing and improved Zouave stats all sound like a big buff to Goons.

Kinda sad about the priest staff nerf, though.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Less than an hour until the Sunday event, so start clearing up your schedules.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

That was painful to watch

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around twenty minutes our sunday NW line battle is happening. Goons will be line infantry for tonight.

Password and other details provided in Mumble and up coming STEAM announcement. Get in the server ASAP.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 19, 2013

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
A lesson was learned today. Namely that too much rocket artillery causes time itself to grind to a halt.
Use rocket artillery in moderation.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Start dusting off your brightly-colored uniforms and woefully inaccurate muskets, because we have a battle in 45 minutes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In less than 30 minutes we've got our EU NW line battle happening and later tonight at 8PM EST we have the American one going on.

I've added all of the new videos Pants has recorded for us now with the rest of them. We have quite a surprising amount of said videos too.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 19, 2013

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

EU linebattle in 10 min! Hop on into mumble!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gentlemen, I have found the 19th century stereotypical goon:

He even has a neck beard. If anyone ever wanted a NW dude avatar this is your guy.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
New addition to the pack (I still have no idea what to call it, its more than a texturepack):

The kick from the Bear Force II mod:

Pants, would this be a potential candidate for your musician mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6HfV2oF5I

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 19, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got the American NW line battle happening in around 30 minutes time goons, if you can make it meet up in the Mumble channel.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

NA linebattle in 10 min! Holy poo poo!!!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I got us cav, huzzah!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

ExParrot posted:

New addition to the pack (I still have no idea what to call it, its more than a texturepack):

The kick from the Bear Force II mod:

Pants, would this be a potential candidate for your musician mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6HfV2oF5I

I see your musical offer and raise you some bagpipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidpC40OOSE

Also line battle beginning sort of now-ish, so start getting into the Mumble!

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

SNEAK PREVIEW 2: PREVIEW SNEAKIER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1PL4vGXMr0

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Pretty much the best fun round.

This Sunday's fun round should just be everyone playing together.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
EU Line battle in 20 minutes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Greetings gentlesirs,

We haven't played North and South in a while, but I think I have found a good replacement we could all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1n7KM3MDI

Uguu.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It'd end with me murdering you all in your sleep as one man can only take so much Uguuing. Plus everyone is dressed too sensibly and not using crazy old inaccurate weapons. In my eyes that is wrong. So very wrong.

I've got some interesting mod news for those who haven't battled with us lately, the guy behind the North And South mod is working on a mod based on the Roman Civil War in the dying days of the Roman Republic.

Also, to help the newer guys who are getting sick of the lazy EU line battle fall back of picking Austria try out this faction replacement mod that turns them into the reformed Spanish Napoleonic Army of the era instead.

If it still works, can it be added to the dropbox?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The Spain mod is broken. Got dudes missing pants and other nations are all messed up. There must have been some kind of model dependency shakeup with the patch. The item_kinds1.txt file from Spain patch 2 crashes the game on startup.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 21, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Well, the time is ripe chaps, it is time for a little bit of a change with the old Napoleonic Wars... Strap your bandoliers on, grab you most outrageous hat, and prepare a nice brandy, and have a look at this NW Beautifier I've thrown together!

Meanwhile, enjoy some screenshots!

British:

Field Marshal:

Coldstream Guards:

Highlanders:

60th Rifles:

Sailors:

French:

Field Marshal:

Elite Hussars:

1er Tirailleurs (light):

Ship's Crew:

Horse Artillery:

Prussia/Austria:

Austrian Officers:

Prussian FKI Jägers:

Prussian Foot Guard:

Prussian Landwehr:

Russian:

Field Marshal:

1805 Soum Hussars:

The download link is HERE!^
- Not only does this pack include skins, but sounds as well! Have a look at those if you're interested...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Those are some pretty nice skins and fixes of established skins already, great work man. Can you make a separate pack for Hussars and Sailors? I'm interested in changing those dudes really.

The NW American siege event is happening in 30 minutes. Start getting into the Mumble now goons!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Siege in less than 20 min.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

This is going to be spectacular if it gets a big following. Senatus Populusque Goonorum can continue its proud tradition of getting massacred across history like a bunch of big dumb morons.

Moose King fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 22, 2013

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

ExParrot posted:

Good poo poo

I think the new sounds are making me play better suddenly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got our Blood And Iron event in less than an hour now, and speaking of Blood And Iron lets see the latest development updates of this late Victorian era war mod:

quote:

Update time.

First we have the Colonial volunteers for the British. They're British citizens of the colonials settlements such as south Africa who have volunteered to fight, similar to the French partisans. They have more variation than shown here.

I've also been working on the Chinese troops of the boxer rebellion. I've kindly been given permission to use some of the Chinese models from Full invasion 2.
First we have a traditionalist boxer rebel, they shunned western weapons and tactics for traditional Chinese weapons.

Then we have the boxer Chinese Imperial infantry, they used European style uniforms and weaponry but were still Boxers.

And finally we have Chinese irregular cavalry. The boxers were short on cavalry and most of it came from western China and Mongolia and had barely changed since the days of Genghis Khan. They were mostly used for scouting.

quote:

Presenting the 24th Warwickshire, Circa 1879.

quote:

This is the US marine corps during the Boxer rebellion. They have a Springfield Model 1892-99 Krag-Jørgensen rifle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Line battle in 30 minutes.

• Locked thread