Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

‏@jeremybotter 32s
UFC officials confirm Struve fainted in the locker room and the fight is off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, that sucks on multiple levels.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LobsterMobster posted:

Might be getting trolled, but twitter is saying Struve fainted and the supperweight fight is scratched :ohdear:

So Fatt Shitseriouslyfuckthisguy wins by default?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Fat shitrione wins by divine intervention

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

No? The fight is just not going to happen

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

Retweeted by Dana White
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 5m
"Stefan Struve blacked out in the locker room. He has elevated heart rate and is out of the fight. I'd never risk his health." #DanaCenter

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't enter the cage. He'll probably get his show, maybe his win money for showing up, but it's not even a no contest.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
rip sturve

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Well that loving sucks. I wonder when they are gonna let people know on the broadcast

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I'm super bummed but also really glad that they called off the fight, all things considered.
Hope Struve is ok :(

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I wonder if he had similar incidents in training, and he just tried to show warrior spirit etc and tried to tough it out. That sucks a lot, on multiple levels.

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Also I hope he's alright. He's a fun fighter to watch and seems like a good dude

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
That really sucks about the Struve fight I was raelly hoping to see what he could do with a 16 month layoff. I have a lot of good memories of Struve fights such as the one vs that big dumb bastard I already forgot his name but he won with a busted rear end lip and looking like he got thrown through a glass window.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress. Hope Struve is okay, whether he ever fights again or not.

i want my money back, dana

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Coleman should be nearby for TUF finale, right? He can endlessly double Mitrione.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Brimage owns.

And it's good Struve fainted before the fight and not during.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
gently caress that news is awful. Such a shame for so many reasons. One, we don't get a Struve fight and those are always great, but more importantly his health really isn't in a good place and for that I'm happy the fight isn't happening. I hope he gets well.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
That very well could've happened in the fight or something even worse so everyone is fortunate to have this happen now comparatively speaking.

Unfortunately it might be the end for Struve since he considers undergoing operation as retirement.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

might not be his heart:

quote:

@jeremybotter 17s
Dana White says that doctors believe Struve had a panic attack. Still…scary stuff.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Struve had a panic attack. Second ever mma victory via "Terror." Congrats, Mitrione.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

Struve had a panic attack. Second ever mma victory via "Terror." Congrats, Mitrione.

lol and yea

quote:

@bokamotoESPN 1m
Dana White just came to press row and said medical staff think Struve might have had panic attack. He's going to hospital.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Tko: panic attack induced by matt goddamn mitrione. That's a retirement

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Yuriy posted:

might not be his heart:

Well panic attacks get your heart pounding so it could be related. He probably had A LOT of anxiety about something bad happening during the fight since he's been out of that cage for so long. Just lovely all around.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Who is winning this fight?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Closing this thread out of respect for the various career deaths this card has caused. RIP

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Mitrione looked pretty fearsome in his last fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

argondamn posted:

Goku

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Da Meltz is spitting hot fire on twitter tonight

@davemeltzerWON posted:

A whole new crew of octagon girls working the PPV. Apparently Arianny & Brittany have Faber's agent.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

argondamn posted:

I don't know, but I do know that it's not the fans

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Hexum posted:

Mitrione looked pretty fearsome in his last fight.

Struve isn't afraid of fighting Mitrione when he's been in there with Junior Dos Santos and Mark "broke my loving jaw in half" Hunt. He just probably had a panic attack thinking that his heart may act up in the middle of the fight and that could cause him to get hurt and it freaked him out. That's what panic attacks do, they start from the smallest paranoid worries in your head and grow rapidly out of control.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That's now two of my favorite fighters off this card :smith:

At least it doesn't seem like a heart attack now.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

I don't know, but I do know that it's not the fans

That was a pretty good fight, though?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
what the fucl

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Good sportsmanship by Marcus

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

wtf is with that 30-27

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
30-27 Doane. ok. sure.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

the best scorecards, Brimage thought "Russell" sounded like "Marcus" for a second.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Very mma scores there.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
Doane was absolutely the better fighter who was still better than Brimage even with one leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
30-27 Doane?

• Locked thread