Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Actually, it was the Acutians who smashed a moon into the hydrals' homeworld. The evucks sent in probes that 'only' killed the planet's ecology.

:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

unwantedplatypus posted:

Actually, it was the Acutians who smashed a moon into the hydrals' homeworld. The evucks sent in probes that 'only' killed the planet's ecology.

:spergin:

Less of a striking visual image. It was a team effort.

Thanqol fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 15, 2014

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Join Communist Intersolar

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

General Antares posted:

I'll join the Order of Cassandra. Knowledge is power!

Syless posted:

Definitely joining the Order of Cassandra.

Bloody hell, I wasn't expecting to get enough people to form an actual party. Welcome aboard! Hope you guys like endlessly nagging Wiz for information on how the game works.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Politics are still unfamiliar to us, but an attempt will be made.
We speak through this worker, to express our desire to join the Lazy Assholes, as their charter does not specify any particular platform.
Such an existence, empty of purpose, is familiar, and will be simple to fill with meaning and usefulness when needed, and left dormant when not.

This worker will now enter dormancy.
It will awaken upon further need for it, or when exposed to certain stimuli.
It is suggested that it be stored in a cool, dry place, away from loud noises and flashing lights.

HrungTheGi
Oct 30, 2012
Not sure how active I'll be, but I'd like to join the Communist Intersolar. Time for permanent interplanetary revolution!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Founding Eightfold Unity
(Placeholder if we can get a better one.)

We don't just want a token federation, a handful of the races in the system.
We want them all. Some of them are going to need to be trimmed before they fit: We can't forgive genocide against our people that easily. But our end goal is all eight races united under one yoke, the yoke of the Federation.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
Join the Hydra party
Reactionary revanchism in a game where the goal is to unite everyone (peacefully?) in a federation -> I don't see a problem!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Sign me up for Lazy Assholes Party

Good job hockey dude, and welcome on board! I expect nothing from you, and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Politics are still unfamiliar to us, but an attempt will be made.
We speak through this worker, to express our desire to join the Lazy Assholes, as their charter does not specify any particular platform.
Such an existence, empty of purpose, is familiar, and will be simple to fill with meaning and usefulness when needed, and left dormant when not.

This worker will now enter dormancy.
It will awaken upon further need for it, or when exposed to certain stimuli.
It is suggested that it be stored in a cool, dry place, away from loud noises and flashing lights.

I uh... oooh kaaay, sure thing weirdo, you're in the club too man. Hey you wouldn't happen to know where we can score some space drugs? Seems like you're the kind of guy... thing... whatever, that knows where to get the really good poo poo.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Order of Cassandra

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Honour, Justice, Revengeance

THE ANSWER TO REVENGEANCE IS ALWAYS YES! DEATH TO PESKY BEAK-BOTS AND TENTACLE-MONSTERS!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Joining the UAF

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

Samolety posted:

I realized that my previous logo suggestion was missing something.

There, now it is complete.
...Okay, I'll stop.

Ok. I'd like to revoke my membership by Leaving ANCAP and joining the Revengeance Party, contingent on this being our logo.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Lazy rear end :effort:

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Viscardus posted:

You fools! The Hydra Party is not even led by a real Hydral, nor does it advocate true Hydral ideals! What is the most important Hydral ideal? Screwing over space owls? No! It is nothing less than swift, merciless retribution! Join me, the Rightmost Head of the Hydral, in my new Revengeance Party.

(Placeholder Logo)
Honour, Justice, Revengeance

I would like to join the Revengeance party!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Good mornin' solar system, forming this political party sure seemed like an awesome idea about twelve hours ago. Oh well, let's get this show on the road. Anybody who cares about galactic peace, unity, and getting blazed as hell every legislative session should come on down and join the Owls On Drugs.

Kavak posted:

I'm joining the Owls on Drugs Party.

I also propose changing our name to or at least being nicknamed the Hippie-Dippie Owlmen

Alright, one of our first discussion points for the coming session (and possibly every session) will be a name change.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I agree. Our name should be the Hyperdrive Outreach and Oversight Tribunal and we should continue voting for free love and not war.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 15, 2014

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
I dunno man. Like, neither of those names are good when you shorten them down, But Owls On Drugs is a real 'oot

I'll.... I'll show myself ou-SHOT

warhammer651 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 15, 2014

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
EDIT: See this post for current parties.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 15, 2014

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
We currently have 10 parties with a total of 54 councillors (not counting rogues). Assuming we don't get a bunch more, and considering two parties have stated their intent not to make proposals, I'll probably have the first session have the 2-3 most popular proposals get adopted.

Marvelous. Added to OP.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 15, 2014

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Wiz posted:

We currently have 10 parties with a total of 54 councillors (not counting rogues). Assuming we don't get a bunch more, and considering two parties have stated their intent not to make proposals, I'll probably have the first session have the 2-3 most popular proposals get adopted.

I noticed my name missing from the Revengeance Party, did i miss the deadline for joining, or did you just miss my post?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

applebane posted:

I noticed my name missing from the Revengeance Party, did i miss the deadline for joining, or did you just miss my post?

Missed your post, there's no deadlines or anything.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Please do mark me down for the Lazy Assholes Party!

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
After some consideration...

Tryhards United

I just want to do what I think is best, but I have little concrete idea of what that is right now!...Except I suspect everyone is going to muck it up horribly. Anything else would just be disappointing.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Leperflesh posted:

Good job hockey dude, and welcome on board! I expect nothing from you, and you wouldn't have it any other way.

I uh... oooh kaaay, sure thing weirdo, you're in the club too man. Hey you wouldn't happen to know where we can score some space drugs? Seems like you're the kind of guy... thing... whatever, that knows where to get the really good poo poo.

Mind-altering substances have the potential to disrupt or occlude the communion of the hive. We do not use them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mind-altering substances have the potential to disrupt or occlude the communion of the hive. We do not use them.

I would say something about good bugs and dead bugs but :effort:

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
If the Andorian Nice Guy Party is truly as passive-aggressive and self-superior as it claims to be, then there can be no other course of action but to join it.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Join Revengance
Hell loving Yes.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Join Revengeance Party:
The Acutians are gonna get what's coming to them!
We're gonna liberate the poo poo out of them!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

DentedLamp posted:

If the Andorian Nice Guy Party is truly as passive-aggressive and self-superior as it claims to be, then there can be no other course of action but to join it.

I beleive that the other acceptable course of action is to stand in the corner and mutter about how they're just selling out to the establishment, maaaaaaan.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

I'm going to go with the overall sensible, but somewhat vengeful option and join Communist Intersolar.

Revenge(like all things)should be enjoyed in moderation.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my dad posted:

Lazy rear end :effort:

Volmarias posted:

Please do mark me down for the Lazy Assholes Party!

Right on guys! We've got enough members to turn this thing into a real kegger.

Uh... did anyone bring a keg?

OK whatever floats your boat. Are you one of those bug people from that bug planet? Because I thought they were basically mindless and only the queen was even able to talk. Hmm whatever though I'm too lazy to go look it up or remember what those guys' name is. Can't keep all these alien races' names straight anyway.

Don't worry though, as long as you're a lazy rear end in a top hat you're welcome in the party.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 15, 2014

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Sign me up for the Lazy rear end in a top hat Party because there's no way I'm going to put any effort into this thing when goons are guaranteed to ruin it :helladid:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Lazy assholes unite or something I guess, whatever.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

occipitallobe posted:

Ok. I'd like to revoke my membership by Leaving ANCAP and joining the Revengeance Party, contingent on this being our logo.
I would also be willing to change my membership from the UAF to the Reveangence Party if that's the logo.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Assuming proper respect is given to the rules of nature, joining the Revengeance Party.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

I will join the Revengeance Party!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'll join these dudes for now, although pretty much all of the parties are amazing.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

JT Jag posted:

I would also be willing to change my membership from the UAF to the Reveangence Party if that's the logo.

Welcome to all the new members of my party! I am sure you will all be loyal minions worthy allies of the cause.

I would like to vow at the moment that every matter unrelated to the core tenants of the party platform (i.e. that is not concerned with the founding principles of Honour, Justice, Revengeance) will be open to direct democracy within the party. As such, there will be a vote on which logo we use as soon as the initial phase of party registration is completed. In the meantime, further submissions will be accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
I've updated the OP and added the Council roster to the second post so I'll stop keeping the one on this page up-to-date now and just post the roster at the start of sessions and keep it up-to-date in the second post.

• Locked thread