Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bridgewater looked like a decent rookie qb. Defense held an about average offense to 17 points. With a complete coaching change and rookie qb, the Vikings are playing with house money this year. As long as there is improvement every week I'm happy.

But what the gently caress is going on with Kalil? I'm looking forward to the anonymous leak that he's mentally breaking down because Vlad Ducasse is bullying him and having team meetings at the Seville Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

C-Euro posted:

On the one hand, I'm getting some weird kind of vindication watching Bears fans turn on the left-field coaches and draft picks they've acquired over the last few years. On the other hand, I wish it was Chicago at 5-2 and Green Bay at 3-4 because ugh I don't want to spend the rest of my days watching Green Bay be at the top of this division 95% of the time.

Go back to week 3 and read the GDTs and N/V threads. All the Packer-fan doomsaying is pretty funny now. The NFC North never changes.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Rasczak posted:

Oh my god that Cowboys game fuckin owned y'all. I guess I can't wear my Dez jersey to the stadium for the foreseeable future as it was obviously cursed.

So, there was only one noticable Giants fan sitting nearby. This guy was a loving caricature. Not only did he do these lame-rear end, awkward high fives with his wife when the Giants scored, he... just look at this guy:

- Spent more time looking at his phone than the game: check

- Straight up loving wine glass in the cupholder. Where did he even get a wine glass? If you actually want wine at a football game then fine, you can get it in a plastic cup. Mind loving blown.

- Bailed in the 4th long before the game was sealed up

Jeez, nice loving seats.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Cincinnati is probably going to win if he comes back.

AJ Green had turf toe didn't he? That's not the kind of poo poo that goes away over a couple weeks. He's likely to be hobbled the rest of the season until he can properly rest it during the off-season.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

You also thought Washington would dominate the NFC East for the next decade

It was an injury that sunk them.

I'd love the Cardinals to make a run at it though. As long as they don't face the Ravens :ohdear:

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 20, 2014

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Say I spent all day playing board games and only barely paying attention to red zone, and I saw TNF and SNF this week. I've got game rewind - recommendations for 4-5 games I should condensed watch over the next few days?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm sending Jerry Richardson a VHS copy of Ole Yeller. I hope he watches it to the end.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

well THAT's pretty drat charitable

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kawalimus posted:

RGIII has fundamental flaws as a QB and would have never gone on to be great even if he hadn't hosed his leg in a freak turf accident

He's a running QB who refuses to slide, for one, so he would have just gotten hurt a different way later

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm sending Jerry Richardson a VHS copy of Ole Yeller. I hope he watches it to the end.

I wish Richardson's sons did that to him instead of getting him a new heart. Old Jerrys insistence of trying to make the Panthers the Steelers from the 80s is continuing to cause dramas.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Go back to week 3 and read the GDTs and N/V threads. All the Packer-fan doomsaying is pretty funny now. The NFC North never changes.

I knew it was bogus back then too! I'm just glad they can't get the head-to-head tiebreaker on us now, gently caress needing to be two games up on them going into Lambeau Week 17.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Ahh yes "Packers fans aren't allowed to complain when their team plays badly for some reason". TFF is what never changes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Need a reverse :hawksin:

Team is falling apart this year, the guys we lost were key I guess, and not helped by our lovely oc.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Injuries are bad, but there is a certain justice in a dumbass like Vontaze Burfict continually hurting himself being dirty.

I can see the logic in saying fans being punished for a guy playing dirty is justice.

If you're talking about for him let me tell you a tidbit I have learned as an educator. A punishment only works if people realize it's a punishment and why they've earned it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

say no to bats posted:

Not in the slightest.

Just that in hindsight if/when Manziel inevitably fails because the odds are against any first round QB, much less a high risk high reward guy like Manziel, people will look back at a 2015 draft where the Browns had 2 firsts as ammo and a lot of bad teams like the Jags and Raiders having just taken young promising QBs high and being willing to trade down and find yet another annoying "what if woulda coulda shoulda" that slowly creeps into sports media lore and gets brought up every April.

Cleveland media loves to bring up re-draft filler articles/discussions on radio and a lot of fans lament it constantly as well.

I would think that high round QB picks had a better chance of failing because they had to perform immediately and unless they're like Andrew Luck they won't be that successful.

Like, Aaron Rodgers took a few years to get unfucked and if he had started right off the bat he probably wouldn't have been notable either.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
sure cant wait to see the chargers play this loving madden offense on thursday, it's gonna rule

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Rasczak posted:

- Bailed in the 4th long before the game was sealed up

This is my single biggest pet peeve. I know season ticket holders who have been attending Ravens games since the team's inception who will frequently leave games in the final five-ten minutes with less than a score lead to "beat traffic". They have been watching football for DECADES, they have to know that this is when all of the most amazing things happen! What the gently caress kind of person is willing to commit a minimum 5 hours of there day to going to a stadium to watch the game but not another 30 to see arguably the the only part that loving matters?!?!

All of those people are stupid and bad and I am glad that they didn't get to see the Ravens-Vikings Miracle ending last year.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I won't say I expected a Chargers loss today, but it didn't surprise me. Any divisional game should be relatively close, Andy Reid off the bye, injuries, etc. Give the credit to the Chiefs, they controlled the clock. You can't really win if you have the clock for less than 20 minutes. You could see how efficient the offense could be when they had to- scoring a TD before the half was big.

I think without Flowers and Verett, the Chargers secondary is as bad as it was last year. Tackling was abysmal all around. The D Line was getting pushed around. Passing for two plays down by 6 when Oliver was running well on the 4 yard line is questionable.

In spite of all that, they only lost by 3 points. How tired must the defense have been after 30-something minutes of possession?

I think the Chargers have a decent shot on Thursday night, but going into the Dolphins game 5-3 is not that bad if it happens. It's going to depend on whether they can return to their ball control ways.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Despite having won the Superbowl twice I've never looked at the Ravens during the season and thought "this team will win the Superbowl". I'd like to feel that one of these days.

I refuse to believe that you actually feel this way. The 06 Ravens were one of the Superbowl favorites and got shithoused by Indy in the playoffs. Not only is winning a Superbowl obviously better than just being a favorite but winning one that no one believes your team is going to win is almost certainly better than winning one as one of the front running teams.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

If the Ravens run the table I am fully expecting them to get bounced in the playoffs quickly. Magical bullshit runs are the best.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I swear to god Kawa you are the only person who can bitch about winning the SB. Sometimes I just wanna punch you for being silly as hell.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Chargers gonna go into the bye week 5-4

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EugeneJ posted:

As a Bills fan who hasn't seen magical bullshit since Doug Flutie left town, I gladly welcome the return of Magical Bullshit®

seriously. any magic is better than what we have had since flutie.

Vertical Lime posted:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Source: C.J. Spiller will have surgery tomorrow to repair broken collarbone, and he is done for the season.

:rip:

loving sucks. Dude was having a good season, and was great on special teams.

Anyways, Bills should have lost today. Stupid penalties, the O line looked like crap, and if it wasn't for the defense going batshit crazy then we'd have been destroyed.

It's also very weird feeling to have the entire game come down to the last second of gametime and have the Bills win.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

yep

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

Fire Roman's punk rear end. What a lovely performance by the team. Just mistakes after mistakes.

I don't know what you expect Roman to do; you can't really game-plan around your o-line getting clowned on every play. The running game is getting completely stuffed. We have to fall back on the passing game, but the line can't keep the pocket clean, and Kaep's passes keep getting dropped. And on the other side, we're too injured and too tired to keep up, and Manning is picking us apart. We're just outclassed here. It happens.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

Ahh yes "Packers fans aren't allowed to complain when their team plays badly for some reason". TFF is what never changes.

oh no, by all means complain. it helps me justify my undying jealously/resentment of Green Bay's fans for meltdowns over trivial poo poo.

Except with Dom Capers, that man still being employed is a crime and I sympathize with the complaints at this point.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I love the San Francisco Forty-Niners.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

They are pretty rad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Kirk got benched for sucking at halftime for Colt "loving" McCoy. And it worked.

I mean it wouldn't have against any team that wasn't the Titans but still

Jesus loving christ Kirk, you're losing grip on "solid backup" status.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I was expecting the Niners to lose, but not like that.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

sure cant wait to see the chargers play this loving madden offense on thursday, it's gonna rule

at least it's a Thursday game, who the gently caress knows what will happen with those

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gerty posted:

at least it's a Thursday game, who the gently caress knows what will happen with those

I do and I don't like it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Boy that Peyton Manning is a real student of the game I tell ya what

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Dr Tran posted:

You kids these days. I never saw a season with a record above .500 until I was 14 years old.

Glass of Milk fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 20, 2014

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I do and I don't like it

Thursday games are always full of whacky bullshit and I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers won.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'd be surprised if the Chargers scored more than 10 points

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
Chargers will win 5-3

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
At least Something good happened today.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If Green has Turf Toe his playing next week is an incredibly bad idea. Those kinds of injuries can be career ending if not allowed to heal in the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
If the 49ers are going down, we're bringing Seattle with us.

I actually don't think the season is completely lost yet, but there are so many injuries. We even lost 2 centers in the same half.

• Locked thread