Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Greg Olsen is such a good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_KmP_5BLRQ&t=710s

Best part at the end.

"..yeah, we can win a bad division."

/shrug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
NY Post is saying that Bills-Jets will be Monday Night, either in Detroit or Washington. There is a story on the Syracuse Post-Standard's website saying that the Dome would not be available for a Sunday game, but "could definitely do a Monday night game", though the NFL has not spoken with Dome officials.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It is really bullshit that Buffalo has to lose that game, but on the other hand, Monday night doubleheaders own a lot, so...

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
So, how likely does all this snow make it that the Jets actually win this game? Reports are that the Bills haven't been able to practice, which seems like it would have a big effect to me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zero practice, and most, if not all players haven't been to the facilities all week. That's a huge problem for them, and considering all the attached headaches, it's a significant swing in the Jets' favor.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Greg Olsen is such a good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_KmP_5BLRQ&t=710s

Best part at the end.

"..yeah, we can win a bad division."

/shrug

Please someone gif that laugh he does a few seconds in

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

pyromance posted:

So, how likely does all this snow make it that the Jets actually win this game? Reports are that the Bills haven't been able to practice, which seems like it would have a big effect to me.

well, the players haven't practiced and the coaches locked themselves inside the stadium to game plan, which I will assume has by now devolved into some sort of Hunger Games type scenario with Jim Schwartz reigning supreme. I expect it to go very poorly

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
BEEP BEEP 1 Bobcat reporting for duty.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Get Bane to clear the snow imo

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

tractor fanatic posted:

poo poo, Rochester's just an hour east of Buffalo and we barely got anything. Lake effect is weird

Yeah it's too bad we don't have anywhere for them to play here. It's easy to get to and would still have a great Bills crowd.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Yeah it's too bad we don't have anywhere for them to play here. It's easy to get to and would still have a great Bills crowd.

They could cram 15k people into Sahlens!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Couldn't they just play in the Bills fieldhouse without a crowd?

It's not like either team's fans will be in Detroit or Washington anyways

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Word of Muth is up, and about the Bears oline and a lot of unkind things to say about their left guard and some kind things to say about Trestman's gameplans: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2014/word-muth-bears-bounce-back

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Stubhub has stopped selling tickets for the Bills-Jets game, so I'm thinking it's definitely not going to be in Buffalo now

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

EugeneJ posted:

Stubhub has stopped selling tickets for the Bills-Jets game, so I'm thinking it's definitely not going to be in Buffalo now

NFL just officially announced they're relocating the game, location TBA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Zero practice, and most, if not all players haven't been to the facilities all week. That's a huge problem for them, and considering all the attached headaches, it's a significant swing in the Jets' favor.
Oddly enough the Vegas line hasn't moved off BUF -4.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
There's got to be some Bills fan who moved to Detroit years ago and doesn't have to be up early on a Tuesday. That guy is really loving happy right now.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

davecrazy posted:

They could cram 15k people into Sahlens!

This would be an absolute spectacle and one of the greatest/worst NFL fan experiences of all time.

Too bad it's going to be played in Detroit most likely.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ozu posted:

I'd be surprised if you could find a legit book that would let you anything in right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you didn't want to see Kyle Orton vs. Michael Vick on the planet Hoth I'm not even sure why you watch football

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I'd be surprised if you could find a legit book that would let you anything in right now

If I'm reading this thing right it looks like it's coming off the books in a bunch of places in the last couple of hours.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Benne posted:

If you didn't want to see Kyle Orton vs. Michael Vick on the planet Hoth I'm not even sure why you watch football

Well you can leave now, you finally hit that high point in your posting career

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ironicat:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I remember when they had to move a Dolphins/Chargers game in 2003 because of fires in SoCal. They moved it to Arizona and all the tickets were free. I was mad because it was gonna be Seau's return to the Q

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I went to the Giants/Saints post Katrina game. They gave Giants season ticket holders 1st crack at the tickets. Owned.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I remember when they had to move a Dolphins/Chargers game in 2003 because of fires in SoCal. They moved it to Arizona and all the tickets were free. I was mad because it was gonna be Seau's return to the Q

You had your shot.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

davecrazy posted:

I went to the Giants/Saints post Katrina game. They gave Giants season ticket holders 1st crack at the tickets. Owned.
I bought walk-up tickets in the 300s for like $25 per the day of. Went with Saints fan buddy of mine. What a poo poo game.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nail Rat posted:

There's got to be some Bills fan who moved to Detroit years ago and doesn't have to be up early on a Tuesday. That guy is really loving happy right now.

The Bills are my #2 team, I've always rooted for the Lions and Bills in that order (without conflict, for obvious losing reasons). Always spent summers in WNY.

This is the greatest thing, beyond my wildest dreams of what could happen for a football season. And all my relatives are coming into town for Thanksgiving! This is the greatest memorial to my late Bills-loving grandpa possible.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems legit. Congrats Detroit Bills fans.

@NBCdianna
Sources tell me the game will be Monday between the Jets and Bills in Detroit #NFL #Bills #Jets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ozu posted:

I bought walk-up tickets in the 300s for like $25 per the day of. Went with Saints fan buddy of mine. What a poo poo game.

I sat 5 rows back, 50 yard line. I was all :aaaaa: how much louder it was in the lower bowl then upstairs in the 3rd to last row.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Philip J Fry posted:

BEEP BEEP 1 Bobcat reporting for duty.

That would be fun for like the first hour or so.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ozu posted:

@NBCdianna
Sources tell me the game will be Monday between the Jets and Bills in Detroit #NFL #Bills #Jets

Will they put on the same time as the Saints/Ravens, or gently caress with the schedule to that game too

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ozu posted:

@NBCdianna

YES YES YES

oh my goodness, it's happening

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They needed a similarly miserable hell scape I guess.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ozu posted:

I still like the Bills chances. At this point in the season, I think having the extra rest might offset the lack of preparation, at least versus a team as bad as the Jets.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

FizFashizzle posted:

You had your shot.

:drat:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

@NBCdianna
Sweet more Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer action

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Quest For Glory II posted:

Sweet more Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer action

Chris can go over to Windsor for some deux-deux-deuxs.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Would have liked to see a game played to an empty stadium with 150ft piles of snow in each endzone, but yeah I'm pretty OK with a monday night game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
How do they even do tickets on this short a notice?

• Locked thread