Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
so i helped a friend of mine make this dumb thing https://www.albiontears.com
guillo made the logo
post stupid poo poo there if you want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Pretty much.

Though to be fair, playing Farmville Online in AO has been rewarding, I've learned a lot about the backend mechanics of keeping a goon empire running. And there is scant little info on city/town mechanics and logistics, so we are garnering a lot of knowledge most guilds just wont have before release, unless the public wiki begins filling up quickly.

The basic balance as you tier up is that guilds spend more silver for raw ingredients for food, but they become much much more time efficient.

Everything we know and love / hate about this alpha will change into a new monstrous BIJ engine that we must learn to grease with our bare hands in the next Alpha/Beta. Just gotta go with the flow, man

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

the majority of the grinding is over. the devs finally saw the struggle with the food crisis server wide and has eased the burden for all. this means now is the time to :getin: and violence mans

we only move it to another tier. We halved food consumption. We are still looking into it.
At one point you will hit a cap the question is just at which point. And it has for sure been to early.

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Regarding Gold

Purpose 1: Premium Account (you want to have it, you know it^^)
Purpose 2: Selling it for silver (FYI: The smart people have made tons of silver already in this alpha by trading gold, buying for 1 and selling for 2/3/4 again) Empa alone has not played a lot but has like 300k only by trading gold on the market.

Purpose 3: TONS OF VANITY (however the problem is, tons of vanity costs tons of art resources, and we actually have as a higher priority of also making more bosses and a more meaningfull/unique world) so huge probability that all the vanity stuff comes in slowly step by step.

Purpose 4: cant say yet

We think that Purpose 1 & 2 will be probably 80% of the reason why people will be gold even if we have huge vanity.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Is not directly selling for silver considered severely p2w though? while not quite creating materials out of thin air, it is still giving paying people a massive shortcut to acquire silver

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Is there yet benefit to sticking to a class of armor, or does a mix of clothplateleather still trump all else?

slutcannon
Jan 18, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

dont need to grind anymore?

You have PM's disabled. I want to send you my evaluation of this game from a Darkfall perspective without sounding like a complete piece of poo poo on these forums.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

radioactivedan posted:

well shucks,

looks like Brazzukas pulled out of the OHGOD Aliiance, their many contributions will be sorely missed

Just think you spent $10 to just post this. I'm sorta thinking we've still come out ahead here. Lowtax thanks you for your contribution.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

Is there yet benefit to sticking to a class of armor, or does a mix of clothplateleather still trump all else?

Essentially as it stands right now you want some sort of mix. Nothing is set in stone, because alpha, but the most recent sperg analysis cites that the combo of armor + resistances from cloth gives you a good mix across the board.

I'd say until we start seeing what the meta is after they actually adjust the weapons to be somewhat balanced, this is the best way to go .

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

DirtyTalk posted:

Essentially as it stands right now you want some sort of mix. Nothing is set in stone, because alpha, but the most recent sperg analysis cites that the combo of armor + resistances from cloth gives you a good mix across the board.

I'd say until we start seeing what the meta is after they actually adjust the weapons to be somewhat balanced, this is the best way to go .

Seems to me fame needs to be cranked way, way higher or just straight up give everyone a ton of unlocks or something. Right now the idea of having as much stuff unlocked as you'll have after just a few months of regular play is impossible, so while it's been theorycrafted as much as possible there's no full scale testing of "what happens if I have THIS mix of armor with THAT weapon?" At most people are getting to try out a limited few combinations and basing the testing on just that with no chance to try others for themselves, having to rely on what the other guy says about his build.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I'm getting a bit bummed that the game in red & yellow zones are becoming more and more about huge groups running around. It's getting way more rare to see people dare to venture out by themselves or even in smaller numbers of like 2-3 people.

poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzC5GKpEIc

That's what I like doing. I can spend hours now going through areas and not find anything like this. Only running into big groups and it's so boring :(

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Might be under the circumstances of looking for PvP specifically? I wander around solo digging/chopping resources quite a lot and frequently come across a paradox guy doing the same solo or some other guy. Sometimes we fight, sometimes I'm gathering wool and he's mining ore so we just run past each other.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Pixelslol posted:

I'm getting a bit bummed that the game in red & yellow zones are becoming more and more about huge groups running around. It's getting way more rare to see people dare to venture out by themselves or even in smaller numbers of like 2-3 people.
I go out with 3-5 people pretty often though. :confused:

But that's largely because that's all who is around and wanting to do stuff. I'll even go out solo to other zones to gather. Maybe you're just unlucky. I think the general population may have dropped off some due to the prior mass starvation though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Some very important silver changes today (and an important horse safety change):

quote:

Hasten spell on leather torso armor has had its speed boost reduced from 50% to 30%, and its energy use lowered by 57% to compensate

Silver dropped in PvP has been increased from 15% of the value of destroyed items to 25%
Mobs now carry double the amount of silver on initial spawn
Mobs have substantially reduced maximum silver capacity
Taxes in player cities and safe zones lowered from 20% to 10%
Taxes on player islands lowered from 30% to 15%
We're on everyone. Get your gathering skills up again because I think silver is going to stop bottlenecking.

E: And the chef fame bug should be fixed.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 7, 2015

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

Might be under the circumstances of looking for PvP specifically? I wander around solo digging/chopping resources quite a lot and frequently come across a paradox guy doing the same solo or some other guy. Sometimes we fight, sometimes I'm gathering wool and he's mining ore so we just run past each other.

Yeah, there's still solo farmers around and I love killing them too but finding people actually roaming 1-3 looking for PvP is really hard to find and even small groups of PvE'ers too. It might just be because of my timezone.

Most of the roams that happen in the guild right now is when I'm sleeping because I'm a dirty EU goon :(

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

SumYungGui posted:

Seems to me fame needs to be cranked way, way higher or just straight up give everyone a ton of unlocks or something. Right now the idea of having as much stuff unlocked as you'll have after just a few months of regular play is impossible, so while it's been theorycrafted as much as possible there's no full scale testing of "what happens if I have THIS mix of armor with THAT weapon?" At most people are getting to try out a limited few combinations and basing the testing on just that with no chance to try others for themselves, having to rely on what the other guy says about his build.

Yeah - I think it would be wise of the devs at the end of beta to almost give everyone full unlocks for a week just so everyone can try out some more of the end-game poo poo. They have such a deep skill system, but I feel like we're only scratching the surface. I don't want to find out later after playing the game for a few months that my build is completely awful because no one ever really got there yet.

SumYungGui posted:

They need to get rid of flagging IMO, but add some more hindrances against PKing and groups. They took the wheel on trying to get rid of zergs, but they can't just implement some lovely aoe mechanics etc and call it a day. If they want to have this weird rear end dichotomy of 100 man guilds being whiddled down to 5v5 fights for territory, yet make the game mandatory to roll with massive gank squads, it's their responsibility to tweak it until it works. Or get rid of it.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
I've been playing off and on the past week kinda solo. Not sure how much longer the Alpha lasts, is it even worth it to join the guild at this point?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

TheFace posted:

I've been playing off and on the past week kinda solo. Not sure how much longer the Alpha lasts, is it even worth it to join the guild at this point?
There's 4-5 weeks left. Join up!

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

TheFace posted:

Only join if you swear to shitpost and scam every pubbie possible.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Supposedly fire staves got whacked with a nerf hammer? I don't know what these changes are supposed to do. But it might mean that we don't have to push people towards more fire staves anymore?

quote:

Ignite spell on fire staffs now causes spell immunity on the target
Combustion spell on fire staffs now does instant damage and also adds Damage over Time; it can still only be applied to a target once every five seconds
Meteor Strike spell on fire staffs now has a cast time of two seconds and a hit delay of three seconds; this means that the caster finishes casting (and loses the ability to cancel) after two seconds, but the damage does not arrive for another three seconds after that
Firebolt spell on fire staffs now stacks its Damage over Time up to three times

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

Some very important silver changes today (and an important horse safety change):

We're on everyone. Get your gathering skills up again because I think silver is going to stop bottlenecking.

E: And the chef fame bug should be fixed.

owns

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

not only allowed but encouraged

don't try to get him banned, you know it's not allowed, we PUNISH scammers...

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

One thing I discovered yesterday that might not be common knowledge is that you can have different tiers of gathering tools in your pack and as long as you have the lower tier in a slot before the higher tier the system will use that tool when harvesting instead of the higher tier. This is great for me since I have a bunch of epic+ quality T3 tools but my T4 tools are just normal.

slutcannon
Jan 18, 2005

Pixelslol posted:

poo poo like this:

That's what I like doing. I can spend hours now going through areas and not find anything like this. Only running into big groups and it's so boring :(

Mumble: "what is pixels doing?"

Probably playing the game right.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

SumYungGui posted:

I would love to see armor pieces used more often give advancement bonuses for that type.
Ex: wear all leather and be able to don higher level leather more quickly than someone wearing only a pair of boots of leather. Set bonuses as well.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

I would love to see armor pieces used more often give advancement bonuses for that type.
Ex: wear all leather and be able to don higher level leather more quickly than someone wearing only a pair of boots of leather. Set bonuses as well.

Yeah I was actually kind of surprised they didn't have something like this.

Post it in suggestions!

radioactivedan
Jun 28, 2015

forge posted:

I'm sorta thinking

Did you sorta think that maybe we should have charged Brazzukas an Alliance fee first as well?

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

A piece of art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzC5GKpEIc

Well done my friend!

We have more in mind to make people discover the world in small groups/solo, but it is always a hard thing to accomplish. Stupid humans are not always doing what they are supposed to ...!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So a few more things to add to the list. Alliance joining and leaving needs a 1 hour timer. So you press the button but don't get in for 1 hour and you can't leave for one hour. This is pretty typical in other pvp stuff. It should be something which gets added in at some point.

Also we really need to be able to click our own character portrait. I can't stress this enough as a healer your mind tells you to click yours when you click others to heal. With the current setup you don't have options to press to select all 20 targets with the keyboard. This leaves you to whack a mole clicking. Then you click yourself and it drops the menu down. Rather than selecting yourself to heal, so you must press your spell 1 or 2 button. Then go back to click healing. It's just not intuitive and is pretty bad.

radioactivedan
Jun 28, 2015
They really need to utilize a better UI for non-touchscreen gameplay.

The current setup allows you to target self by using ALT + hotkey; and F1 -F4 target your first 4 group members. But you run into major issues when your group goes beyond 5.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

DirtyTalk posted:

Yeah I was actually kind of surprised they didn't have something like this.

Post it in suggestions!

Actually the way it is now could be good for the starting levels of gear, but if one were to commit to an armor family it would perhaps pay off in the long run.

Anyhoo I am commited to leather for this section of beta. Best combination of armor peices be damned. Feels like bows are no longer poo poo, from my limited play so far.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I got scammed again, this time by the low lyfes of [IV] Deutsch Orden in Albion Online. I am about > . < this close to quit this game. I demand an audience with Bercilak to see what he is going to do about this Ruffians. I am starting to lose my faith in Eonwe and #guildleader as well because this continues to happen to me...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14156-IV-Deutsch-Orden-cannot-be-trusted/

This guy gives me his exceptional mats for refining and his ox, and he then doesn't pay me. I kept the refined mats and Ox as escrow for my troubles.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
gotta get what you can as payment for them wasting your precious time and energy :unsmith:

all these unsavory scammers and bad people

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Tempus Thales posted:

I got scammed again, this time by the low lyfes of [IV] Deutsch Orden in Albion Online. I am about > . < this close to quit this game. I demand an audience with Bercilak to see what he is going to do about this Ruffians. I am starting to lose my faith in Eonwe and #guildleader as well because this continues to happen to me...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14156-IV-Deutsch-Orden-cannot-be-trusted/

This guy gives me his exceptional mats for refining and his ox, and he then doesn't pay me. I kept the refined mats and Ox as escrow for my troubles.

What a jerk. :mad:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Pixelslol posted:

poo poo like this:

Because with silver the way it is it is devastating for the average player to roam in a small pack. In UO gear was trivial. Not saying it needs to be trivial, but it needs to be cheaper to make more PVP occur.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

FireWhizzle posted:

Because with silver the way it is it is devastating for the average player to roam in a small pack. In UO gear was trivial. Not saying it needs to be trivial, but it needs to be cheaper to make more PVP occur.
The recent changes are actually very awesome. Repair prices are half, and silver is much easier to get.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FireWhizzle posted:

It's entirely possible that at higher tiers of PvE there is a lot more silver to be made. I would not be surprised honestly. Currently we have no idea what "end game" is like as we have a week or so of game maturity to examine. After a few months of time to mature I'm betting people will have their high tier/skill farming gear and then multiple sets of disposable PvP gear. With current gameplay we won't know for months how that shakes out, which is yet another reason I believe we need a ton of unlocks or cranked up fame for this test, which is going to be deleted anyway.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

T2 is always 100% free. T3 is trivial. T4 is minimal even before the recent silver changes.

Post-silver-changes even T5 or T4.2 isn't going to be that big a deal.

If the silver costs are stopping people from roaming solo, they're basically big babies. Or their guild infrastructure is basically a toilet and maybe scamming their members. Which is entirely possible.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 7, 2015

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

T2 is always 100% free. T3 is trivial. T4 is minimal even before the recent silver changes.

Post-silver-changes even T5 or T4.2 isn't going to be that big a deal.

If the silver costs are stopping people from roaming solo, they're basically big babies. Or their guild infrastructure is basically a toilet and maybe scamming their members. Which is entirely possible.

You can :words: all you want but you know that that view doesn't represent the playerbase that will keep the game alive. I'm not saying make gear worthless, I'm saying make it more accessible so more PVP happens. (Which they are doing in between this post and my last) so I don't see the kerfluffle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

You can :words: all you want but you know that that view doesn't represent the playerbase that will keep the game alive. I'm not saying make gear worthless, I'm saying make it more accessible so more PVP happens. (Which they are doing in between this post and my last) so I don't see the kerfluffle?
If losing 10 man-minutes or less worth of gear farming to make a set of T3 or a little more time for T4 is "devastating", then maybe a full-loot pvp game just isn't going to work for them.

E: And I can go back to Brinkwold and make like 3-4 dozen T2 sets (bags and everything) in an hour.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 7, 2015

• Locked thread