Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Right, the showrunners should be able to plan their own season length instead of being locked into a hard schedule that could ruin the pace either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Im sorry but Red Tornado looks so bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Why is Supergirl fighting an upholstered and rusted Cyberman? :ohdear:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay, I'm still looking forward to that episode but there's really no excuse in TYOOL 2015 for a TV robot to look that bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Really that thing looks like they needed a robot costume on a day's notice so they cannibalized the interior of a Ford Focus and slathered it in ochre. It reminds me of the US-produced segments of early Power Rangers.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

maybe it won't look so bad after post-production???

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it looks like a really good cosplay outfit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

greatn posted:

I think it looks like a really good cosplay outfit.

The color and texture of the costume itself rules out all but the shittiest cosplay. The pieces of the armor look ok, but they seriously look upholstered and that color is complete dogshit. The whole head part also looks bad, but it's within the realm of cosplay at least.

Nobody wants a robot that's been covered in carpet and then had cheap lipstick smeared all over it for color.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all I can focus on are robot ears.

Also no arrow on the forehead? Lame >:[

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

all I can focus on are robot ears.

Also no arrow on the forehead? Lame >:[

Well, clearly whomever made him just wants him to be able to fit in with the rest of humanity. Can't do that if you've got no ears. :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
I think smart shows this day and age that run 20+ episodes a season split up the season into mini arcs. When you have a show with a season villain, it becomes silly how the heroes thwart his plans time and time again, but the villain just keeps getting away to come back next week. Then have all those mini arcs add up to the finale of the show.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I caught the first 3 episodes and I think this show is totally adorable. The only really clunky part was where ~James~ was dancing with her and laying on some overly gushy flattery (not the actor's fault, the lines have lead feet). I like that the show is super corny and often ridiculous, it's a very good rehabilitation of the SuperSoandso brand after the Zack Snyder grimdark treatment. I like everyone in the cast and particularly Melissa Benoist is really comfortable with her part, she does the female Clark Kent type character flawlessly and naturally. The whole package is very bright and charming and fun to watch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CBS just announced they're bumping this week's episode -- it was about a series of bombings in National City -- and replacing it with next week's.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
that's weird and makes me want to not watch the episodes until the following week.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

A risky move for a show that's already struggling.

The last show I remember that pulled this type of shenanigan was Firefly. That was an awesome show, but the out-of-order episodes really hosed it up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The show is basically a procedural, the first three episodes got basically all set up and baggage out of the way, so episode order probably matters very little if Astra isn't involved.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

The last show I remember that pulled this type of shenanigan was Firefly. That was an awesome show, but the out-of-order episodes really hosed it up.

It really isn't. It's because the network is trying to be sensitive to what happened in Paris. They're doing the same thing to an episode of one of the NCIS shows.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Delaying the show completely a week would have been better. Swapping episode orders in a show is never the answer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When this is canceled someone will come back to this and claim it's the Firefly curse of out of order episodes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shakugan posted:

Delaying the show completely a week would have been better. Swapping episode orders in a show is never the answer.

If it doesn't actually effect anything it won't matter. It's not like this show has shown any real need to having things happen in order yet. Some light relationship with Commander Glowy Eyes is about the only thing so far that would have been noticeably odd out of order. If we're trading a monster of the week episode for another monster of the week episode no one will notice, though I'm sure our hearts may yet die of the strain of the cliff hanger that was James' ex-fiance.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I doubt that nothing is gonna be thrown at least a little out of whack by switching the episodes. Some tiny bit of relationship progress, or some random plot detail will probably get called up. It's just not gonna be that big a deal in a largely procedural show like this. They're switching NCIS episodes as well.

Thought to be honest, "next week's" episode looks better anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_eyoa36Qg

Quantico's the show I feel for a the moment. It's, like, entirely a serialized show that's specifically about terrorism plots. No way to switch out any of that short of just not airing it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Maybe they should just drop that episode entirely because that Red Tornado really does look god awful. Or was the next episode not about Red Tornado? Either way, they should just cancel that episode whatever number it is.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's not too uncommon for costumes that look bad while in production to come out looking awesome when finished :shrug:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Flesh Forge posted:

It's not too uncommon for costumes that look bad while in production to come out looking awesome when finished :shrug:

While true, this Red Tornado has one hell of an uphill battle.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gyges posted:

If it doesn't actually effect anything it won't matter. It's not like this show has shown any real need to having things happen in order yet. Some light relationship with Commander Glowy Eyes is about the only thing so far that would have been noticeably odd out of order. If we're trading a monster of the week episode for another monster of the week episode no one will notice, though I'm sure our hearts may yet die of the strain of the cliff hanger that was James' ex-fiance.

Yeah, like in Season 1 of Person of Interest (another CBS show) you could swap around pretty much any of the episodes other than the Elias stuff and nothing would really change.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
I am not really familiar with Henshaw so I was really hoping he was actually Martian Manhunter too. Thought that immediately when the red eyes went off because that is so iconic to me for him. Then the moment he seemed to know what was going on across the base.

Most of all I liked the idea of Martian Manhunter's secret identity being an actual government alien hunter.

But if all this stuff actually fits for the character that the name belongs to, I guess that makes more sense. Not as cool though. MM deserves more than a short run on Smallville.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's just no way they'd introduce the Martian Manhunter and not have his civilian name be John Jones.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

enraged_camel posted:

1.7 L+SD really isn't "struggling" in a broadcast TV environment where it takes until mid-November and an 0.4 rating for even a single one of the new fall series to be cancelled outright. If it just keeps dropping, sure, maybe.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

1.7 L+SD really isn't "struggling" in a broadcast TV environment where it takes until mid-November and an 0.4 rating for even a single one of the new fall series to be cancelled outright. If it just keeps dropping, sure, maybe.

On the other hand CBS may be a bit stricter than the other networks because it's the most successful.

I can sorta see this ekeing out a second year based on how badly DC/WB wants it to stick around, too. I know they don't have any stake in CBS so it's not quite like Agents of SHIELD on ABC, but they may be willing to make deals.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Rhyno posted:

One bright spot can not carry so many bad ones on her shoulders, not even Supergirl.

Counter evidence: Ash vs. Evil Dead

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Caryna posted:

Counter evidence: Ash vs. Evil Dead

That show is amazing you take that back. :colbert:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

Have they announced the Live+3 numbers? If they were in proportion to the premiere, that 1.7 pops up to over a 2.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This big havoc-wreaking lady beast thing

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Did they just say "puncture the chastity belt of steel" on network TV

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The CatCopter!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The CatCopter better have ears and whiskers.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

How many times are they gonna say "come out"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This lightning storm sure would be a bad time for a particle accelerator explosion

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently her costume is conductive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ally McBeal is killing it this episode.

• Locked thread